Page 247 of 286 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Has anyone had problems with downloading EonTimer lately? For some reason, I can't get it to work anymore.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

This URL should work fine. If it doesn't work, you should probably post it in Toast's EonTimer thread over on Smogon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    This URL should work fine. If it doesn't work, you should probably post it in Toast's EonTimer thread over on Smogon.
    Well I used the URL I think it might be a problem with my computer since the main RNG Reporter link for 9.95 BETA stopped working for me as well and had to use the MediaFire link.

Anyways when I try to use the RNG Reporter link for 9.81 to IDRNG it turns into RNG Reporter 9.93, will that still work? Also, is it possible to IDRNG without the use of EonTimer?
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 1st October 2012 at 6:01 AM.

I'm having a bit of RNG trouble in 4th gen.

So I'm currently using RNG reporter 9.96 Alpha to which i used to id/sid abuse HG to get a couple shiny flawless spreads. However, when i try to RNG a stationary legendary Pokemon (there are no wandering npcs), the frame "skips" by 10 when i do the correct amount of frame advancements (which i've done multiple times). For example, the PID i want is on frame 114 and i advance the frame 113 times but when i capture the Poke, it's seems to be on frame 124 instead. I've tried this for a different amount of random frame advancements (say 100) and it works out completely fine (Poke is on frame 101). The only problem here is if i advance the frame 113 times, the Poke will not be on frame 114 after the encounter.

Any explanation of why that happens whenever i try to RNG for that specific PID?
    Last edited by joffice; 3rd October 2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Trade Shop: The Office of Shinies, Events, and More (I am on indefinite hiatus in trading so please no PMs regarding trades)

Quote Originally Posted by joffice View Post
    I'm having a bit of RNG trouble in 4th gen.

So I'm currently using RNG reporter 9.96 Alpha to which i used to id/sid abuse HG to get a couple shiny flawless spreads. However, when i try to RNG a stationary legendary Pokemon (there are no wandering npcs), the frame "skips" by 10 when i do the correct amount of frame advancements (which i've done multiple times). For example, the PID i want is on frame 114 and i advance the frame 113 times but when i capture the Poke, it's seems to be on frame 124 instead. I've tried this for a different amount of random frame advancements (say 100) and it works out completely fine (Poke is on frame 101). The only problem here is if i advance the frame 113 times, the Poke will not be on frame 114 after the encounter.

Any explanation of why that happens whenever i try to RNG for that specific PID?
    If you advance the frame 113 times, after the 10 Elm calls, then you predict that is on frame 124. Subtract 10 from 113. So you can advance 103 times, not 113. Hope this helps.

Onto my question, regarding Gen 5. Is it just me, or someone is having trouble breeding in B2/W2? I kept getting Relaxed nature, no matter what seed I use, even on a shiny seed. My Samurott (father), is flawless. Ditto (mother), has random IV's that I got a while back. Everstone is not on either parents. Should I let one of the parents hold the Everstone and/or have one of the parents should be international?

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    If you advance the frame 113 times, after the 10 Elm calls, then you predict that is on frame 124. Subtract 10 from 113. So you can advance 103 times, not 113. Hope this helps.
    Oh, sorry i forgot to mention that the Elm Calls were accounted for within the 113 advancements already. So i count the Elm calls 10 times and advance the frame 103 times, but for some reason the encounter is on frame 124 and not 114. I've done this multiple times already so there's no way i did the frame advancements wrong but i have no idea why the RNG is acting like this.

Onto my question, regarding Gen 5. Is it just me, or someone is having trouble breeding in B2/W2? I kept getting Relaxed nature, no matter what seed I use, even on a shiny seed. My Samurott (father), is flawless. Ditto (mother), has random IV's that I got a while back. Everstone is not on either parents. Should I let one of the parents hold the Everstone and/or have one of the parents should be international?
    Oh and to answer your question, I believe that the mechanics for egg rnging are different now for B2/W2 in which the first egg that you picked up will always be generated with exactly the same PID even after you try to rng that same exact egg again.
    Last edited by joffice; 4th October 2012 at 4:20 AM.
    Trade Shop: The Office of Shinies, Events, and More (I am on indefinite hiatus in trading so please no PMs regarding trades)

Oh, sorry i forgot to mention that the Elm Calls were accounted for within the 113 advancements already. So i count the Elm calls 10 times and advance the frame 103 times, but for some reason the encounter is on frame 124 and not 114. I've done this multiple times already so there's no way i did the frame advancements wrong but i have no idea why the RNG is acting like this.

Oh and to answer your question, I believe that the mechanics for egg rnging are different now for B2/W2 in which the first egg that you picked up will always be generated with exactly the same PID even after you try to rng that same exact egg again.
    Try advancing 93 times.

Really? Time to RNG in W1 in breeding...

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    Try advancing 93 times.

Really? Time to RNG in W1 in breeding...
    I've tried that already. For every other frame advancements i do (Elm calls accounted for and everything), i get the correct frame. When i advanced it 93 times, the encounter was on frame 94 and this happened for all the frame advancements that i've tried except for the frame that i am aiming for. >.>

Yup, you're better off RNGing in B/W instead of B2/W2.

I've tried that already. For every other frame advancements i do (Elm calls accounted for and everything), i get the correct frame. When i advanced it 93 times, the encounter was on frame 94 and this happened for all the frame advancements that i've tried except for the frame that i am aiming for. >.>

Yup, you're better off RNGing in B/W instead of B2/W2.
    Yeah, in B2W2 it's easier to RNG in the Entralink compared to B1W1, however the trade-off was having egg RNGs nearly impossible on B2W2, so I would egg RNG primarily on B1W1 and Entralink RNG primarily on B2W2.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Yeah, in B2W2 it's easier to RNG in the Entralink compared to B1W1, however the trade-off was having egg RNGs nearly impossible on B2W2, so I would egg RNG primarily on B1W1 and Entralink RNG primarily on B2W2.
    don't forget that there are many more Timer0's in BW2, as well.

does anyone know if they fix the breeding side for rnging for bw2 cuaz some told me it harde and should i still rng all my stuff on black then transfer just asking?...man i haven't posted in awhile XD

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Ok, so i'm still having trouble with RNGing in HG. So, I'm still trying to RNG Pokes with a Timid frame of 114, but when i advance the frame 113 times (Elm calls accounted for), it seems that I get a totally different PID (and not frame 124 as i mentioned earlier) with a Naughty nature. I've also tried this for other seeds with this same PID and i get the exact Naughty natured Poke as previously stated. However, all other PID's in the frame remain the same as seen in RNG Reporter, which is odd to why only this Timid frame is off. I've even tried RNGing for the other flawless (Modest) "paired" IV spread and that works out fine as well. Also, note that the PID for this shiny frame does not need a synchronizer and the same problem exists when i try to RNG Pokes with this PID using the Method 1 generation.

I've already RNGed a couple Pokes sometime last week in the same HG game with this Timid PID , but for some reason when I tried to RNG this week, I get a Naughty nature instead of Timid. Any suggestions on why my game is like this or did I do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    does anyone know if they fix the breeding side for rnging for bw2 cuaz some told me it harde and should i still rng all my stuff on black then transfer just asking?...man i haven't posted in awhile XD
    Yeah, you should still egg rng on the original B/W games since with the new rng mechanics in B2/W2, it's extremely difficult to egg rng there.
    Last edited by joffice; 5th October 2012 at 6:35 PM.

Hi all haven't been here for ages, been so busy RNGing all the Wifi and instore events that haven't really had time to do much. But my US copy of White 2 arrives on Monday and I've already found my parameters on my Jap copy of Black 2. So my question is . . and apologies if this has been answered earlier but I'm too lazy to read all the previous pages lol . . . in the hidden hollows areas do the pokemon count as a Stationary RNG or is there something different to it.

Stationary.

Brilliant, thanks Agonist. Do you know if they can be RNG'd shiny? I heard some people saying they couldn't. And also people are saying the gender is set when they are generated so the only thing you can RNG is the IV's and nature, is this true? Just so I don't waste time looking for a female to breed from if it's only ever going to be male.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Brilliant, thanks Agonist. Do you know if they can be RNG'd shiny? I heard some people saying they couldn't. And also people are saying the gender is set when they are generated so the only thing you can RNG is the IV's and nature, is this true? Just so I don't waste time looking for a female to breed from if it's only ever going to be male.
    The hidden Grotto pokemon cannot be shiny if you RNG them in the Grotto (but the females can be bred of course) and the gender is set once the pokemon is generated, so once you walk into the Grotto and see the pokemon, it is already a set species and gender. However, iirc the most recent version of RNGR allows you to RNG not only the pokemon, but the grotto as well so you can control what species will appear and what gender it will be.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Ok cool, so I'll just pray for females, RNG them with couple of 31's then Breed for the shinies

Hey. Quick question. Is the process of TID/SID Abuse similar with Black 2 and White 2? I would hope it is, but considering that you can name your rival now, I figure it may differ.

And along the note of TID/SID abuse, is the process of saving to get a shiny starter still the same?

Can you use a Dream Radar seed to find a matching TID/SID pair that will give that seed?
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    Hey. Quick question. Is the process of TID/SID Abuse similar with Black 2 and White 2? I would hope it is, but considering that you can name your rival now, I figure it may differ.

And along the note of TID/SID abuse, is the process of saving to get a shiny starter still the same?

Can you use a Dream Radar seed to find a matching TID/SID pair that will give that seed?
    It's the same as BW ID abuse, but starters can be tricky since there are WNPCs and there are more Timer0 values. As for the Dream Radar, I have no clue.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Uhg.... This White 2 Parameter searching is so hard! It's not working for me at all...
    My most recent RNG:

Has anyone tried TID/SID abuse for BW2?
    My most recent RNG:

Hey Shadow_Assailant, perhaps this post by Chiizu can alleviate the parameters issue:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...55&postcount=4

Hey all, not sure if it's been covered but is it possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon? As they are put straight in your PC box do they have to be RNG'd on the actual Radar game.
    Does anyone have a guide etc? Also can they be shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Hey all, not sure if it's been covered but is it possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon? As they are put straight in your PC box do they have to be RNG'd on the actual Radar game.
    Does anyone have a guide etc? Also can they be shiny?
    They can indeed be RNGed. There isn't a guide for RNG Reporter at the moment, since it has yet to be updated with Dream Radar functionality, though there is one available for PPRNG. The process should be largely similar. DR Pokémon cannot be shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    They can indeed be RNGed. There isn't a guide for RNG Reporter at the moment, since it has yet to be updated with Dream Radar functionality, though there is one available for PPRNG. The process should be largely similar. DR Pokémon cannot be shiny.
    Ok thanks, think I'll wait til RNg reporter has been updated and a guide for that is out, I've always been more successful with that than PPRNG.

Page 247 of 286 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast