Page 262 of 286 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 7139

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Howdy all! I'm new to the RNG scene and seemed to have come across a problem during the calibration stage. I can gladly detail my entire processes but I'll stick to a few key items right now. I've learned from numerous forums and videos that your Vframe and Vcount should remain consistent however everytime I use the old method of Sweet Scenting, then checking IV's, I had not been able to hit any consistently. I then upgraded to the newer method of using Unova Link as described in this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIrt_L34OE . Just for clarity I am using Black 2. With the Unova Link method I have still not been able to find a Vframe and Vcount that match consistently, I've repeated the process numerous times ( approx 30-40 times over the course of 3-4 days) and no avail. I'm currently trying to RNG a non-shiny Gothita with 31 Sp. Atk and 31 Sp. Def at frame 1.

Key Points:
    Cannot find my consistent Vframe and Vcount
    DS i
    Black 2
    RNGing Gothita
    Using PokEcheck to check IV's

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    It mostly depends on what DS system you're using. DS Phat/Lite have the fewest number of timer0's, while the 3ds has the most. DS Phat/Lite generally only have 6-8 timer0's, and you'll normally only hit 3-4 of them.
    oh yeah that is right forgot about that with different ds it makes it worse or better so that explain people with a 3ds would have more trolling right? XD thanks for correcting me agonist also guys is it just me is hitting a right-down-X button hard? i did 128 steps 4 pokemon in my party...my min/max frame was on 1-6 i got the frame of 5...after i did the steps did the chatot crys i never seem to hit my nature or my pid? what in flip am i doin wrong? can someone explain me this? im trying to rng cressilia shiny...on the main reporter do i have to check the box that says black and white 2? also im suppose to be on gen 5 pidrng right? stationary? and then calculate starting frame then subtract from starting and hitting frame? yet again its been awhile for stationaries as well...sigh...im such a helpless soul XD LOL

edit: also siin just a shot in the dark asking but are you using a reporter for windows and not pprng? if it a normal windows 9.96.5 then its broken...you need to do it harder way by doing it at least 10-15 but like agonist said depends on your ds on how many timers and your have with the normal perimeter search...unova link method is only for pprnging right now which is a mac program...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th January 2013 at 7:16 AM.

master league fairy gym leader

Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    edit: also siin just a shot in the dark asking but are you using a reporter for windows and not pprng? if it a normal windows 9.96.5 then its broken...you need to do it harder way by doing it at least 10-15 but like agonist said depends on your ds on how many timers and your have with the normal perimeter search...unova link method is only for pprnging right now which is a mac program...
    My god, where is this information!? Thank you so much! And you're correct, down to the version number, I am using RNGReporter 9.96.5. . Instead of IV checking I'll probably just run PPRNG tomorrow under a mac virtual machine to save me time. Again, thank you a ton. I'll post tomorrow with the results.

oh yeah that is right forgot about that with different ds it makes it worse or better so that explain people with a 3ds would have more trolling right? XD thanks for correcting me agonist also guys is it just me is hitting a right-down-X button hard? i did 128 steps 4 pokemon in my party...my min/max frame was on 1-6 i got the frame of 5...after i did the steps did the chatot crys i never seem to hit my nature or my pid? what in flip am i doin wrong? can someone explain me this? im trying to rng cressilia shiny...on the main reporter do i have to check the box that says black and white 2? also im suppose to be on gen 5 pidrng right? stationary? and then calculate starting frame then subtract from starting and hitting frame? yet again its been awhile for stationaries as well...sigh...im such a helpless soul XD LOL

Use IVs(Standard Seed), search for your desired IV frame, and check what PID frames are shiny and find a close one.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

So uhhhh, since this is the most commonly used thread for RNGing (the Club is kind of defunct I guess)

Anyone have any speculation as to if we are going to be able to RNG in these Gen 6 games? I was curious to know if its going to be possible, as the game being 3D the framerate is going to be enormous.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Use IVs(Standard Seed), search for your desired IV frame, and check what PID frames are shiny and find a close one.
    im talking about the main reporter qoute :/...i already got the seed no problem i did that already...im having trouble hitting it....i have a frame 5 which someone told me i have to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party then do the chatot flips but everytime i do nothing matches...i keep getting off randomness hits that never match the main reporter...i was wondering if i did everything right in the main reporter...i plugged in the seed in the main reporter and i used standard seed,pidrng tabs, made sure the thing was sychronizer bold, do i use the bw2 check box?, and then i hit calculate starting frame, and then i took that and generated it...after that i took my hit frame 110-my starting frame 54 which i got 56 chatot flips...my buttons press are all strange too right down x...

Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    So uhhhh, since this is the most commonly used thread for RNGing (the Club is kind of defunct I guess)

Anyone have any speculation as to if we are going to be able to RNG in these Gen 6 games? I was curious to know if its going to be possible, as the game being 3D the framerate is going to be enormous.
    how the hell are we suppose to know, it's 10 months away! It is possible to RNG on a 3DS now and it is not like 3D modeling will use the same MT RNG that the pokemon uses, hell, 3D modeling doesn't even use an RNG (as far as I know anyway). I see no reason why RNging wouldn't be possible in gen 6 but we won't know for another year any way so...

im talking about the main reporter qoute :/...i already got the seed no problem i did that already...im having trouble hitting it....i have a frame 5 which someone told me i have to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party then do the chatot flips but everytime i do nothing matches...i keep getting off randomness hits that never match the main reporter...i was wondering if i did everything right in the main reporter...i plugged in the seed in the main reporter and i used standard seed,pidrng tabs, made sure the thing was sychronizer bold, do i use the bw2 check box?, and then i hit calculate starting frame, and then i took that and generated it...after that i took my hit frame 110-my starting frame 54 which i got 56 chatot flips...my buttons press are all strange too right down x...
    Well, if you are on B/W 2 and there is a check box for B/W 2, you might want to check it. Your SSF will change. Also, if you used memory link, be sure to check that box as well. From there you should get your results eventually, but keep in mind the large number of Timer0's in B/W2
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    how the hell are we suppose to know, it's 10 months away! It is possible to RNG on a 3DS now and it is not like 3D modeling will use the same MT RNG that the pokemon uses, hell, 3D modeling doesn't even use an RNG (as far as I know anyway). I see no reason why RNging wouldn't be possible in gen 6 but we won't know for another year any way so...
    Well it's food for thought really. I just wanted to see everyone's opinion on it. There's a bunch of factors of determining whether or not if I want to buy these games, and RNGing's one of them (not a huge one but its of semi importance.)
    I know this thread isn't really meant for this type of discussion, but since the RNG Club is defunct practically and Smogon hasn't begun talking about these games ( as far as I know ) which leads this to be the only place to start that kind of discussion.
    Just curiosity, ya know?
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

has anyone thought of how long it will be before we can RNG for the new games? D: even though i dont RNG, i use it for competitive play... so now it is back to the drawing board of cracking the code... :/
    but... i guess now we have to IV breed... Dx

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    has anyone thought of how long it will be before we can RNG for the new games? D: even though i dont RNG, i use it for competitive play... so now it is back to the drawing board of cracking the code... :/
    but... i guess now we have to IV breed... Dx
    Don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Well, if you are on B/W 2 and there is a check box for B/W 2, you might want to check it. Your SSF will change. Also, if you used memory link, be sure to check that box as well. From there you should get your results eventually, but keep in mind the large number of Timer0's in B/W2
    hmmm okay and memory link? i don't think i used that at all...i could be wrong...it may just be my timer0 then...

Anyone here can provide a well explained process of hidden grotto RNG (getting for example a poliwhirl in a hidden grotto). I read the smogon guide but somehow still don't really get it. Help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!!

What part are you having a hard time with?

basically im not sure if im doing the whole process right.

first step : Do i save in front of the hidden item/pokemon/item in the hidden grotto i want to rng ensuring no pokemon in the daycare, all other grottos are filled.

second step: proceed to off my ds and set the time to the time given in rng reporter, start my game (proceed to advance the PID frame by using chatots to target frame) and defeat the pokemon/take the item.

third step: walk 255 steps within the grotto and take the final 256th step from inside the grotto to outside the grotto

Im also unsure if the timing on the rng reporter is set when i have walked 255 steps or 0 steps without removing the item/defeating the pokemon.

Much help would be appreciated, i recently managed to get a dragonite in my grotto through manually checking everytime i walked 256 steps and it took me a whole day to find one lol. Unsure if i should do that for the poliwhirl or try my hand at RNGing the grotto. thanks in advance again!

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    basically im not sure if im doing the whole process right.

first step : Do i save in front of the hidden item/pokemon/item in the hidden grotto i want to rng ensuring no pokemon in the daycare, all other grottos are filled.

second step: proceed to off my ds and set the time to the time given in rng reporter, start my game (proceed to advance the PID frame by using chatots to target frame) and defeat the pokemon/take the item.

third step: walk 255 steps within the grotto and take the final 256th step from inside the grotto to outside the grotto

Im also unsure if the timing on the rng reporter is set when i have walked 255 steps or 0 steps without removing the item/defeating the pokemon.

Much help would be appreciated, i recently managed to get a dragonite in my grotto through manually checking everytime i walked 256 steps and it took me a whole day to find one lol. Unsure if i should do that for the poliwhirl or try my hand at RNGing the grotto. thanks in advance again!
    You have to make sure all your Grotto's are filled, except the one you want to abuse. If it's already filled, either capture/knock out, or take whatever is there, and then save inside the Grotto. You then find a seed using RNGR (which you seem to have done already), and start up your game, and hit the seed like you normally would. Then take your 256 steps, and assuming you hit your seed, once you leave, then enter again, the Grotto will have the desired Pokemon/item in it.

I got a question i have two rng reporters on my computer...is there a possiblity if i have 2 of them on my computer make the reporter not work right? can 9.96.5 do 4th gen id abuse fine? if it is i can delete my old 9.96 beta cuaz it started acting strange and deleted all my timer0 stuff and all my profile stuff?

I got a question i have two rng reporters on my computer...is there a possiblity if i have 2 of them on my computer make the reporter not work right? can 9.96.5 do 4th gen id abuse fine? if it is i can delete my old 9.96 beta cuaz it started acting strange and deleted all my timer0 stuff and all my profile stuff?
    9.96 beta should be able to do Gen 4 ID abuse just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    9.96 beta should be able to do Gen 4 ID abuse just fine.
    oh thank you thats a releif...i can delete my older 9.96 one then thanks agonist...now i just got to get my black version stuff on my new version XD

Some White 2 captures on a 3DS...

#643 Reshiram|Modest|Turboblaze|31/31/31/31/31/31|
    |Extrasensory|Dragon Pulse|Fusion Flare|Imprison|

#646 Kyurem (White)|Timid|Pressure/Turboblaze|31/20/31/31/31/31|
    |Scary Face|Glaciate|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|
    |Fusion Flare|Ice Burn|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu View Post
    Some White 2 captures on a 3DS...

#643 Reshiram|Modest|Turboblaze|31/31/31/31/31/31|
    |Extrasensory|Dragon Pulse|Fusion Flare|Imprison|

#646 Kyurem (White)|Timid|Pressure/Turboblaze|31/20/31/31/31/31|
    |Scary Face|Glaciate|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|
    |Fusion Flare|Ice Burn|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|
    Nice captures! Post at this thread sometime in the future, if you want to discuss your own Pokemon: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...efore-Posting)

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Okay, I deleted my last post, but is there a working RNG Reporter that works with Black 2 and White 2? I tried to get the recent version but my computer saying it wasn't a program suitable for Win32. Also, if I plan to use 2 Chatots to advance frames, do both need to know chatter and have a recorded message, or just one does?
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but is there a working RNG Reporter that works with Black 2 and White 2? I tried to get the recent version but my computer saying it wasn't a program suitable for Win32. Also, if I plan to use 2 Chatots to advance frames, do both need to know chatter and have a recorded message, or just one does?
    The lastest release of RNG Reporter requires Windows 7 as the minimum setting, it sounds like you're using Windows XP which isn't compatable, both Chatots need to know chatter, if you record a custom chatter on one Chatot it automaticly gets passed along to any other Chatot with chatter.

The lastest release of RNG Reporter requires Windows 7 as the minimum setting, it sounds like you're using Windows XP which isn't compatable, both Chatots need to know chatter, if you record a custom chatter on one Chatot it automaticly gets passed along to any other Chatot with chatter.
    Okay thanks. And yeah, I'm using a XP, I only have Windows 7 on a labtop and it's my bro's and he won't let me use it, so will it still work even if it doesn't show BW2?

2013 Winter Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Okay thanks. And yeah, I'm using a XP, I only have Windows 7 on a labtop and it's my bro's and he won't let me use it, so will it still work even if it doesn't show BW2?
    Not for B2W2.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 12th January 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Not for B2W2.
    Oh, so that means that I'll need to update then. And what about the Shiny Charm? Doesn't that increase the starting SEED or PID or whatever as well?

2013 Winter Friendlies

Page 262 of 286 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast