Page 263 of 286 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Oh, so that means that I'll need to update then. And what about the Shiny Charm? Doesn't that increase the starting SEED or PID or whatever as well?
    You're thinking of Memory Link that does something similar, the Shiny Charm just increases the number of PIDs to be shiny.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    You're thinking of Memory Link that does something similar, the Shiny Charm just increases the number of PIDs to be shiny.
    Yeah, was just simply wondering. And what's this about memory link? Or do you mean Dream Link? And would it also be possible to Dream Link RNG, or is that out of the question?
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Yeah, was just simply wondering. And what's this about memory link? Or do you mean Dream Link? And would it also be possible to Dream Link RNG, or is that out of the question?
    Read this, it covers what Memory Link is. There is no Dream Link, unless you mean Entralink, Entralink RNG is in fact easier in B2W2 than in B1W1. However, it's mostly outclassed by B1W1 egg RNGing (with exceptions of course like PGL event pokemon).

Read this, it covers what Memory Link is. There is no Dream Link, unless you mean Entralink, Entralink RNG is in fact easier in B2W2 than in B1W1. However, it's mostly outclassed by B1W1 egg RNGing (with exceptions of course like PGL event pokemon).
    When I said Dream Link, I meant from the 3DS app Dream Radar in which I believe is what you posted in the link which I am going to check right now.

2013 Winter Friendlies

When I said Dream Link, I meant from the 3DS app Dream Radar in which I believe is what you posted in the link which I am going to check right now.
    The Dream Radar is Unova Link not Memory Link but yes, it is possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon although it's a little buggy for Windows RNG Reporter.

The Dream Radar is Unova Link not Memory Link but yes, it is possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon although it's a little buggy for Windows RNG Reporter.
    Ah, okay then. Thanks for the info.

2013 Winter Friendlies

so im trying to rng on my white 2, but infortunately rng reporter 9.95 doesn't support it. -__- time to download a new one.
    unfortunately, when i try to run it, it tells me to run it with notebook.exe
    of course, the rng reporter comes out as garbled garbage, and it says it can't run with that software.
    then i try download the thing that supposedly helps you with the speed of the search? not sure bout the name, but the version is around 4
    its not compatible with my computer
    help? im running a windows vista basic, a bit old, can't handle the time finder.. freezing the whole computer
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Can you actually tell a RNGed pokemon from a non RNGed one?
    Got all starters now thanks to the people of this site
    Can breed DWF murkrow, snover(wth avalanche) and extremespeed dratini and eevee.
    looking for all shiny pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    so im trying to rng on my white 2, but infortunately rng reporter 9.95 doesn't support it. -__- time to download a new one.
    unfortunately, when i try to run it, it tells me to run it with notebook.exe
    of course, the rng reporter comes out as garbled garbage, and it says it can't run with that software.
    then i try download the thing that supposedly helps you with the speed of the search? not sure bout the name, but the version is around 4
    its not compatible with my computer
    help? im running a windows vista basic, a bit old, can't handle the time finder.. freezing the whole computer
    Isn't Windows Vista a Mac program? If you're using a Mac you need to use PPRNG not RNG Reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHero View Post
    Can you actually tell a RNGed pokemon from a non RNGed one?
    No.

i felling so stupid but someone help me here is it just me but i jotted down all my black version data just in case i get a new reporter...well in some strange case my freakin stupid old reporter deleted my profile and now im in a bind trying to rng keldeo...i know im doing everything right but the thing is im not even hitting my seed at all on my black version now...i know the info i jotted down from my old reporter is correct...im not sure what is going on but im not sure if to truely confirm it cuaz i don't remember the timer i had in the first place i did do one search but i did hit the same timer for my black version so it has to be the right one... i have a frame of 47 for timid hp ice keldeo but the thing is that maybe my frame is way to close to the intial frame, im not hitting it or maybe its just my button presses :/ im not sure what is going on...please help...note i only have one chatot flip and my button presses are up and select...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 12th January 2013 at 8:16 AM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

no windows vista is microsoft.
    i mean, i wouldn't even dare mixing up my laptop with a mac

*on a side note*
    rng reporter 9.95 worked fine
    maybe i need to wait for a windows xp release?

I guess this must have been asked thousands of times, but I have to ask it too: Does the Everstone still retain the exact same effects as it had in Gen IV? I'm going to RNG a magikarp soon and it's parent is an Adamant male Gyarados, and I need to know if the Everstone is going to be useful or not?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I guess this must have been asked thousands of times, but I have to ask it too: Does the Everstone still retain the exact same effects as it had in Gen IV? I'm going to RNG a magikarp soon and it's parent is an Adamant male Gyarados, and I need to know if the Everstone is going to be useful or not?
    Yes it has the same effect, but I prefer to not use one, since it can make it harder to tell which PID frame you hit.

no windows vista is microsoft.
    i mean, i wouldn't even dare mixing up my laptop with a mac

*on a side note*
    rng reporter 9.95 worked fine
    maybe i need to wait for a windows xp release?
    The issue might be with your computer itself. Vista can support RNGR and the NET 4.5 update is required to run RNGR now (just for the sake of thoroughness, after downloading the update, you installed it too yes?). If your computer is old and not very good in general, RNGR might just be too much for your processor to handle. If I try to seed search on my la[top everything else pretty much comes to a dead stop and if I don't turn on the AC in my house, or if it isn't winter, my laptop will over heat and shut itself off completely. As you might imagine, my PoS laptop isn't a very good one either, but the problem here is my laptop and not RNGR. If you happen to have another, more recent computer around, or a friend with a better computer, try running the program on there to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    50% chance to pass down the nature in B/W, 100% chance to pass down the nature in B/W2
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks, dewey and Agonist
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

the problem might be with my computer, and ill try it on another one.
    I could not even install NET 4.5 because it is not compatible...

the problem might be with my computer, and ill try it on another one.
    I could not even install NET 4.5 because it is not compatible...
    Means you need to stop using obsolete software. :p

Need some more help guys, recently RNGed a mienshao with hp ice and the desired IVs however i cant seem to get the correct nature. Im advancing the PID frame by the stated amount. (my target frame is 62 and my initial frame is 56 = 6 advances). However iv been getting naughty nature instead of the desired jolly nature. any idea what im doing wrong? been kinda irritating since i tried it with my dragonite and bagon where iv been getting the same problem but when i advanced the frame 1 more then i was suppose to i got the desire nature (somehow lucky i guess but i have since been unable to replicate the results). Thanks in advance guys! cheers again for all the help
    Last edited by ANGRYDONUT123; 13th January 2013 at 5:14 AM.

omg i feel so stupid -_- i could of just took my old seed results i wrote down along time ago when i rnged :/ so nevermind on that post above eventhough no one answered it...also for anygrydounut what are you tring to rng on bw1 or 2? i mean to me it seems like your getting moving npc or something that is messing up your pid results...are you doing wild pokemon? or breeding? i can't tell what your doing...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Black 2. I was trying to RNG a wild mienshao. I dont think im in an area with walking npcs, even then I get the same result for hidden grotto pokemon (perfect IVs but wrong nature). Am i advancing the frames wrongly?

For example, if my target frame is 62 and my initial calculated frame is 56, i advance 6 frames because the formula is ( 62-56-1+1=6 ) (target frame - initial frame - Starting Frame + 1 = no. of advances required)

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    Black 2. I was trying to RNG a wild mienshao. I dont think im in an area with walking npcs, even then I get the same result for hidden grotto pokemon (perfect IVs but wrong nature). Am i advancing the frames wrongly?

For example, if my target frame is 62 and my initial calculated frame is 56, i advance 6 frames because the formula is ( 62-56-1+1=6 ) (target frame - initial frame - Starting Frame + 1 = no. of advances required)
    Wait, where did you get the additional +1 in your equation from? I have never tried HG abuse yet but if I am not mistaken it should just be a standard stationary abuse as far as the pokemon is concerned. Just grab a sync with the desired nature, hit your seed, and aim for a block of natures that are syncable.

Again though, I have never RNGed a HG pokemon, so if someone tells you otherwise, you should probably listen to them on this one.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Wait, where did you get the additional +1 in your equation from? I have never tried HG abuse yet but if I am not mistaken it should just be a standard stationary abuse as far as the pokemon is concerned. Just grab a sync with the desired nature, hit your seed, and aim for a block of natures that are syncable.

Again though, I have never RNGed a HG pokemon, so if someone tells you otherwise, you should probably listen to them on this one.
    Dewey, where did you get HG out of all that? Mienshao and the grottoes are in 5th gen.

Dewey, where did you get HG out of all that? Mienshao and the grottoes are in 5th gen.
    Hidden Grotto (HG)

I found the formula on the Smogon Manipulation Guide Part 2 - How to RNG a Perfect Pokemon. It could be outdated though. when u mean a block of seeds you mean for example frames 64,65,66? where anyone of those frames would suffice?

Capture.jpg

There isn't a block of them until around 500+ . Iv been trying for frame 62 or 69 for ages, have been hitting the desire IVs several times but no luck with the nature.
    Last edited by ANGRYDONUT123; 13th January 2013 at 7:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    I found the formula on the Smogon Manipulation Guide Part 2 - How to RNG a Perfect Pokemon. It could be outdated though. when u mean a block of seeds you mean for example frames 64,65,66? where anyone of those frames would suffice? Thanks for the help everyone.
    Yup. Since HG pokemon cannot be shiny you are just trying to abuse the nature and IVs mostly. So hit the seed and just aim for a block of consecutive PID frames with the right nature where it wont matter if you hit frame 112 or 116 as the block will all have the same nature.

Page 263 of 286 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast