Page 264 of 286 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Another question, If i advanced the PID frame by, for example 6 frames and hear a high pitched chatter sound, however the actual corresponding frame and pitch on RNG reporter is low, it means my timer0 is wrong? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    Another question, If i advanced the PID frame by, for example 6 frames and hear a high pitched chatter sound, however the actual corresponding frame and pitch on RNG reporter is low, it means my timer0 is wrong? Thanks in advance
    Either your Timer0 is wrong or you are not on the frame you thought you were. Make sure to follow the pitches from the beginning and make sure to check the B/W2 check box on the main window of RNGR.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

nvmind
    i found the problem
    Last edited by Icarus©; 14th January 2013 at 3:19 AM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I'm having trouble trying to hit my SEED. I was using everything the guy in this video was using (except for the unique things like MAC address and IV range) and when calculating the range, I put it in and nothing comes up after searching. The MAC address is right and the timing is as well, as well as the date and time, can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? The bvideo is this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQ...el_video_title
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    I'm having trouble trying to hit my SEED. I was using everything the guy in this video was using (except for the unique things like MAC address and IV range) and when calculating the range, I put it in and nothing comes up after searching. The MAC address is right and the timing is as well, as well as the date and time, can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? The bvideo is this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQ...el_video_title
    The information is kinda vague but it could be a few things:

- Are you marking down the seconds at which you launch the game or the seconds at which you catch the pokemon? You need to do the former but a common mistake is for people to do the latter.

- Are you remembering to keep the C-Gear off?

- If you are on B/W2 you might need to adjust the parameter ranges for parameter finder. Newer version may have already updated for this, but the older versions had ranges that were off.

- Are you sure the IVs are correct?

- Did you double check to make sure everything was selected properly? Game version, language, MAC address, etc

- Did you hit any keypresses before the white Nintendo splash screen popped up?

Those are a few troubleshooting tips that might help, but if not, try giving some more details if possible.

EDIT: I assumed the issue was that you cannot find your parameters, but if the issue is something else, just re-post and clarify.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    The information is kinda vague but it could be a few things:

- Are you marking down the seconds at which you launch the game or the seconds at which you catch the pokemon? You need to do the former but a common mistake is for people to do the latter.

- Are you remembering to keep the C-Gear off?

- If you are on B/W2 you might need to adjust the parameter ranges for parameter finder. Newer version may have already updated for this, but the older versions had ranges that were off.

- Are you sure the IVs are correct?

- Did you double check to make sure everything was selected properly? Game version, language, MAC address, etc

- Did you hit any keypresses before the white Nintendo splash screen popped up?

Those are a few troubleshooting tips that might help, but if not, try giving some more details if possible.

EDIT: I assumed the issue was that you cannot find your parameters, but if the issue is something else, just re-post and clarify.
    Everything I did except count the catching seconds. I counted the starting seconds from the main screen that the guy did. IVs checked out, double checked the information, and it's on White 1 English. As for the catching thing, I immediately used sweet scent after the season thing and caught the pokemon(s) in VR/GC with a 1-shot Dusk Ball.

2013 Winter Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Everything I did except count the catching seconds. I counted the starting seconds from the main screen that the guy did. IVs checked out, double checked the information, and it's on White 1 English. As for the catching thing, I immediately used sweet scent after the season thing and caught the pokemon(s) in VR/GC with a 1-shot Dusk Ball.
    Are you using an AR to catch the pokemon or did you just get lucky and only need one ball? If you are using an AR, that is the problem. It doesn't matter how long it takes to catch the pokemon but a master ball can be helpful since you don't need to save after you catch and check the IVs.

So I am having trouble with the breeding aspect or RNG. I have already managed to successfully RNG stationary legendary pokemon, wondercard pokemon and the roamer for my version. I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta.

I am trying to breed a gastly with disable so using the IV checker I know that I have a male Grimer from Spain with IV's 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a female timid gastly from the US with IV's 31/x/x/31/31/31. So I open up time finder and am leaving the min/max advances as the default 10/45. Then checking the international parents box, filling in the iv's and select timid for the everstone. I select 31 for the IV's of everything but attack and select timid for the nature. I then hit generate and get a lot of results. So, I select a seed with frame say 89. Then I copy it in the main window using breeding international and everstone, click calculate initial PIDRNG frame and get something like 42. If I try to advance the frame with chatot chatters or just pick up the egg immediately the pokemon I hatch isn't on the list of possible pokemon for that seed because the nature / inheritance / gender isn't listed. I am using the same method of starting the game at the appropriate time that I consistently used for catching the legendary pokemon so I don't think that is the problem but I have read several guides and they seem to be using different versions of rng reporter so I can't figure out exactly what I am doing wrong. Thanks for the help.
    ~These are the days that you wish your bed was already made.~

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Are you using an AR to catch the pokemon or did you just get lucky and only need one ball? If you are using an AR, that is the problem. It doesn't matter how long it takes to catch the pokemon but a master ball can be helpful since you don't need to save after you catch and check the IVs.
    No AR, Dusk Ball+Caves/Night=Good Medicine, you should use specialty balls, they're really useful, especially the Dusk Balls.

2013 Winter Friendlies

How do I tell if a seed will be an Illumise or Volbeat seed when I'm breeding an Illumise?

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    How do I tell if a seed will be an Illumise or Volbeat seed when I'm breeding an Illumise?
    Check the Illumise/Nidoran-F box.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Check the Illumise/Nidoran-F box.
    I'm using 9.96.1 (Because the profiles don't work on the other ones for me) and I only see a Nidoran/Volbeat box. How can I tell which one the seed is? The gender?

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

Does anyone know if the Dialga/Palkia/Girantina eggs in HGSS can be RNG'd? If so, what method is used? Gift pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai7iS View Post
    Does anyone know if the Dialga/Palkia/Girantina eggs in HGSS can be RNG'd? If so, what method is used? Gift pokemon?
    Yes they can, they are method 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ai7iS View Post
    if your talking about the event one for sinjoh ruins it is method 1 you use on the reporter...this is how i got this little pretty shiny flawless too
    http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1897335

edit: here is the guide for 4th gen...if you scroll down more you will find about the sinjoh ruin events being method 1

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154

almost everything in the game can be rnged though beside some of course being shiny locked :/ which is mostly wondercards but note that if you want thing shiny and a certian flawless spread in 4th gen you have to rng abuse your id ...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 24th January 2013 at 2:55 AM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Be aware that you an only have Arceus in the party, and that you cannot make phone calls within the stage building. So save outside of it.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    Be aware that you an only have Arceus in the party, and that you cannot make phone calls within the stage building. So save outside of it.
    From what I remember when doing the Sinjoh events, it was possible to do phone calls inside of the ruins, but the radio couldn't be used inside of them.
    So if anyone plans to use the radio to get to their desired frame for the event legend, save outside of the ruins.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Question: is finding shiny almost flawless seeds (with not that much pidrng advances) easier in wondercards and stationaries?
    I've had a hard time finding seeds like that in wild pokemon
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    Question: is finding shiny almost flawless seeds (with not that much pidrng advances) easier in wondercards and stationaries?
    I've had a hard time finding seeds like that in wild pokemon
    It's easier in stationaries since you don't have to consider encounter slots, however, most wondercards are shiny-locked (cannot be shiny) except for a few GLAN wondercards that were the bullet train japanese-only events that ended months ago.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    what you talking about hozu? i used my elm calls to get it? i know for sure that you can use the phone for it...im positive...i think you may be acidently messing that up with rnging legendary roamers...yo can not use the elm/irwin calls in lance's layer though...that is where you may of thought about its alright though also i highly suggest not using the radio unless its really high frames cuaz of what i heard though using the radio sucks and is very unsteady to rng with and hard to keep track of the frame advance i tried it and i hated it...i use chatot flips instead for the legendary roamers...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 25th January 2013 at 7:54 AM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    It's easier in stationaries since you don't have to consider encounter slots, however, most wondercards are shiny-locked (cannot be shiny) except for a few GLAN wondercards that were the bullet train japanese-only events that ended months ago.
    They're not GLAN wondercards.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    They're not GLAN wondercards.
    That's strange, I could've sworn I saw some shiny-able wondercards on Pokecheck labeled as GLAN wondercards.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Is the no randomly moving NPCs list accurate for B2/W2?
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrader View Post
    Is the no randomly moving NPCs list accurate for B2/W2?
    I've got a partial list.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...ussionid=31272

Much appreciated, now I can actually go calibrate.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Page 264 of 286 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast