Page 265 of 287 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 7151

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6601
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    I can't get out of bed
    Posts
    113

    Default

    How do you check your frame in HGSS prior to defeating the Pokemon League. I ask this because I am trying to RNG a Ho-oh in HG, and it is required that you catch him before going to the E4.

  2. #6602
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    You can just knock it out, and come back to it later on (all legendaries will "regenerate", so to speak, after battling the Elite 4).

  3. #6603
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    I can't get out of bed
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    You can just knock it out, and come back to it later on (all legendaries will "regenerate", so to speak, after battling the Elite 4).
    Thanks. Rebattling the E4 will work multiple times (to respawn the legendaries), correct?

    Edit: Also, I'm assuming the IV's are regenerated after visiting the E4.

  4. #6604
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Yeah, assuming you haven't captured them (note this only works from Platinum on). It also works for various stationary Pokémon in HGSS like Snorlax, and Gyarados.

  5. #6605
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ai7iS View Post
    How do you check your frame in HGSS prior to defeating the Pokemon League. I ask this because I am trying to RNG a Ho-oh in HG, and it is required that you catch him before going to the E4.
    Go register Juggler Irwin's phone number (he is on the route right after Goldenrod) and he works the same as Elm but without having to achieve certain objectives first. Basically, as soon as you hit Goldenrod you can start RNGing.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  6. #6606
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    In order for me to RNG an event keldeo, i would have to use the option of glan wondercard instead of standard seed iv ? thanks in advance

  7. #6607
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    No, just regular 5th gen wondercard.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

  8. #6608
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    GLAN wondercards are only for Pokemon with a set gender, but any possible nature, hence the name.

  9. #6609
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I see thanks for the information Im still sort of confused with wondercard RNG iv gotten these results Capture2JPG.jpg. Somehow i think im doing something completely wrong, do i still go ahead and advance the frames by 2? (148-146) Thanks for the help guys, still new to this rng thing

  10. #6610
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    I see thanks for the information Im still sort of confused with wondercard RNG iv gotten these results Capture2JPG.jpg. Somehow i think im doing something completely wrong, do i still go ahead and advance the frames by 2? (148-146) Thanks for the help guys, still new to this rng thing
    You would need to do 91 advancements (146-54 -1). Your starting frame is the 54 the main window tells you, and that is the frame the RNG will return first if you do no advancements. Since you want frame 146, you need to advance the RNG to frame 145 (generating the pokemon also advances the PIDRNG by 1). So, just do 91 chatters, and if you are a few frames off, adjust and try again. Also, never forget the obnoxious Timer0 fluctuation in B/W2, so don't be to discouraged if you do not get the right pokemon right away.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  11. #6611
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Thanks for all the great help
    RNGed Pokemon: Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/31 Naive 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31

  12. #6612
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    After a long break and plenty of Timer0 issues back in October/November I tried RNG'ing the event Genesect agan on Saturday and was successful with only small Timer0 issues! So I immediately took on the event Keldeo but the stupid Timer0 issues reared their ugly heads again until a new seed and today.

    ANGFRYDONUT123: I have found from doing these RNGs that the target frame number you get in the Time Finder is the one you use and you use the initial frame that you get from the Main Screen. So my Keldeo had a target frame in the Time Finder of 70, but when I pasted the seed in to the main screen it said my target frame was 68. My initial frame was 54. So bearing in mind what I've just said I had to do (70-54) 16 advances.

    When looking at adjacent frames I also had to change my number of advances from 14 to 16 to see what I was hitting.

    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  13. #6613
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Hello again all! (If anyone at all remembers me, its certainly been a while.) Sorry to leave so abruptly last time some major stuff came up and then I just never returned to Pokemon after that. But I've just picked up White 2 and thought I'd come see what I had missed. So whats new in terms of RNGing for BW2, I couldn't see anything on the front post. Also is there anything I need to bear in mind before I RNG the Keldeo- I haven't done an event before. Figure I need a bit of practice on BW1 first to get back into things so hopefully post some results later!

  14. #6614
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Hello again all! (If anyone at all remembers me, its certainly been a while.) Sorry to leave so abruptly last time some major stuff came up and then I just never returned to Pokemon after that. But I've just picked up White 2 and thought I'd come see what I had missed. So whats new in terms of RNGing for BW2, I couldn't see anything on the front post. Also is there anything I need to bear in mind before I RNG the Keldeo- I haven't done an event before. Figure I need a bit of practice on BW1 first to get back into things so hopefully post some results later!
    Egg RNG is impossible in B2W2 (bungled codding) and a ton of Timer0's.
    Castelia doesn't have any WNPCs if I recall correctly.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  15. #6615
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
    Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?
    And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?
    oopsie

  16. #6616
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The seven counties
    Posts
    4,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
    Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?
    And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?
    I read somewhere that there are 9 NPCs in Nacrene City, though I'm not sure about if it is true. From what I remember when I did Uxie, the offset was really high, probably up to 40 frames or even more.
    As for the Latis, they are not much of a problem. There is only one NPC in the Dreamyard, so it is easy. My offset for Latios was only about 10 or so.
    Δ

    Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

  17. #6617
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Seven for Uxie, one for Lati@s (and you can battle him to make stand still).

  18. #6618
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I just wanted to check a few things...

    -If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that. I'm still trying to RNG Cobalion btw on black.
    -Also with the 128 steps thing, turning is counted as 2 steps right?
    -Another thing, say your in a cave and a dust cloud appears does this advance the frame in anyway?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 10th February 2013 at 2:59 AM.

  19. #6619
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I just wanted to check a few things...

    -If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that.
    -Also with the 128 steps thing, turning is counted as 2 steps right?
    -Another thing, say your in a cave and a dust cloud appears does this advance the frame in anyway?
    IV frame 683?

    the one 128 steps is how many you need to advance the IV frame. Each step advances two PIDRNG frames, as does turning. And no, Dust Spots don't have any effect on the PIDRNG or IVRNG.

  20. #6620
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    IV frame 683?

    the one 128 steps is how many you need to advance the IV frame. Each step advances two PIDRNG frames, as does turning. And no, Dust Spots don't have any effect on the PIDRNG or IVRNG.
    Frame 683 is the one in Time Finder window.

  21. #6621
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I just wanted to check a few things...

    -If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that. I'm still trying to RNG Cobalion btw on black.
    -Also with the 128 steps thing, turning is counted as 2 steps right?
    -Another thing, say your in a cave and a dust cloud appears does this advance the frame in anyway?
    Only go for things on the first IV frame. Its soooo much easier on you from an advancing standpoint, especially when you're in a cave. Just set your Min/Max Frame in the Timefinder to 1 for IVs

    So research a different seed and attempt to hit that one.
    oopsie

  22. #6622
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Holy crap I haven't been on here in forever!
    @Fearless123 Start off with IVRNG then move on up to PIDRNG later once you get the hang of IV.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

    3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

    English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

  23. #6623
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Holy crap I haven't been on here in forever!
    @Fearless123 Start off with IVRNG then move on up to PIDRNG later once you get the hang of IV.
    That's what I've been trying to do. While the seed says it's shiny I've only been attempting to get the IVs so far. I think I misunderstood the 128 steps thing though. I read somewhere that turning is the same as taking two steps when it comes to IVs, can someone verify this for me? I've been using repels to count the first 100 and then counting the next few ones myself.

  24. #6624
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    That's what I've been trying to do. While the seed says it's shiny I've only been attempting to get the IVs so far. I think I misunderstood the 128 steps thing though. I read somewhere that turning is the same as taking two steps when it comes to IVs, can someone verify this for me? I've been using repels to count the first 100 and then counting the next few ones myself.
    When you turn in an area with wild pokemon, yes, it does advance the PIDRNG. This is why I'm telling you to go with an IV frame of 1, so you don't have to advance the IV frame, and you can just chatter the PID advancements.
    oopsie

  25. #6625
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Hey, I've got a couple of questions about Hidden Grotto abuse:

    I'm looking to generate a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. So I've checked all other preceding Hidden Grotto's in the order shown by the RNG Reporter Encounter table. They're all full. So I think I've done that bit correctly. I've then taken the item from the Giant Chasm grotto and saved my game. I've then gone to the Hidden Grotto time finder, Ditto is slot 0, all 4 subslots (So 0-3) and is genderless. I've generated and selected a seed. Do I then just start the game to hit my seed as I would any other RNG and then walk 256 steps in the grotto, exit the grotto and then re-enter? I've understood the Ditto should appear.

    Does it matter if I walk more than 256 steps?

    If I walk 256+ steps and the Ditto is not there does that mean that I just missed my seed (Timer0 troll)?

    And then if/when I get the Ditto to appear to I jsut find a new seed with the Encounter Type set to Hidden Grotto?
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

Page 265 of 287 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •