Page 273 of 286 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 7145

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Oh alright then.

>.> finally rng'ed my keldeo, and timer0 is trolling me on my ID/SID rng endeavors
    Last edited by Icarus©; 7th April 2013 at 1:49 AM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.
    I used the park in castelia city to calibrate.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Giant Chasm, victory road, etc... I would recommend Giant Chasm

WNPCs don't matter for calibration.

this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?
    Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?
    yes all boxes were checked correctly but i found out my reporter is being off for some reason? just for that seed it was strange...i have no clue what happen but it was off like by 2 frames? strange...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Is there a forum for discussing Gen IV rng? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    Is there a forum for discussing Gen IV rng? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
    Right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Right here.
    Ok, awesome! I have been scouring the net to find any help on determining a proper TID/SID spread in order to take advantage of the Gen IV Cute Charm glitch. All that scouring, however, has produced 0 results. Is there a way that I can calculate the ID's? Is there something that I'm missing? Should I just give up the dream?

In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

What does the cute charm do anyway? I've never had a seed which required that lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.
    Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    What does the cute charm do anyway? I've never had a seed which required that lead.
    When a Pokemon with the Cute Charm ability is in the lead, it can attract a wild pokemon of the opposite gender.

Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.
    When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.
    So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?

Some of them will, but most Cute Charm TID/SID have quite a few shiny spreads available.

So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?
    You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).
    lol yeah, a bunch of people have complained how often they find shiny Pokemon w/ a Cute Charm lead.

Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
    Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
    (00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
    Version: Black English
    TID: 04793
    SID: 04671
    Timer0: C7B-C7C
    Vcount: 60-60

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Ok, I think I am starting to understand now. Let's say I wanted to encounter a male shiny: I would need a female CC lead, but my ID combo would have to be generated for a male with a specific gender ratio. If I wanted a shiny male Ralts (50/50 ratio) then I would have to have that specific ID combo. But after that Ralts, I wanted to get a shiny male Riolu (87.5/12.5 male ratio). The ID combo used for Ralts would NOT be successful for Riolu, correct?

Then for a female shiny I could use a male CC lead and successfully get any female ratio, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Schro View Post
    Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
    Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
    (00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
    Version: Black English
    TID: 04793
    SID: 04671
    Timer0: C7B-C7C
    Vcount: 60-60
    if your doing wonder cards make sure to use the wondercard section not the glan...i not familar with the pprng mac version but it has the same stuff just different layouts. as well as make sure to rng your event keldeo in the center by the pokemon league for bw1 its the best place to do events hope that helps...

edit: oh also for key presses when you hit your 1 sec ahead hold down the key presses until you see the black screen...don't release until the pokemon white screen goes away or it will not work...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 12th April 2013 at 6:57 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Timer0 hates me soo much
    I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
    The reason? Timer0.
    And the thing is, i can't even re-calibrate anymore...
    >.> so should i just start a new game and forget about rng'ing my id?
    Here's my info BTW;
    DSixl; Timer0:167E VCount: AD VFrame:8 GxStat: 6
    I'm using the latest rng reporter: 9.96.5 BETA

Hi everyone,
    Yesterday i started to RNG´ing and i started with 4 shinies and 1 shiny flawless.
    But now i have a great seed that has Frame 1 on the IV RNG and if you look to the right you see: Shiny Frame: 187. But when i put the seed in the PIDRNG the first shiny frame is 3599? Which one is the real one?
    Thanks!
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

Your IV frame would appear to be 187, and your PIDRNG frame 3599. Basically, don't use this seed. Only search for IV frame 1 stuff (and generally speaking, don't go above PIDRNG frame 500).

Page 273 of 286 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast