Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

You are using a delay of 499. Such a delay is impossible to hit when RNGing for your ID/SID number; it is recommended you have a minumum delay of 5000, although it is possible to get as low as 4000 in HG/SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    You are using a delay of 499. Such a delay is impossible to hit when RNGing for your ID/SID number; it is recommended you have a minumum delay of 5000, although it is possible to get as low as 4000 in HG/SS.
    Hmmm I think I tried 5000 as well but meh. I guess I'll have to change the delay back to that and keep trying, thanks.

I'm terrible at hitting delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    Hmmm I think I tried 5000 as well but meh. I guess I'll have to change the delay back to that and keep trying, thanks.

I'm terrible at hitting delays.
    i haven't done 4th gen rngs in such a while but if you read everstone guide on smogon it explains really good how to do it...i find everstone guide the best to learn 4th generation rng but it seems it got deleted from that horrible hack i think...delay hits are a bit tricky if you don't hit on the beeps correctly it will change your delay and your outcome will be different...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    i haven't done 4th gen rngs in such a while but if you read everstone guide on smogon it explains really good how to do it...i find everstone guide the best to learn 4th generation rng but it seems it got deleted from that horrible hack i think...delay hits are a bit tricky if you don't hit on the beeps correctly it will change your delay and your outcome will be different...
    A lot of the really old articles got deleted, unfortunately. Funny thing is that I just try to load the game on the last beep but I still manage to hit every delay under the sun except the delay that I want to hit of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    A lot of the really old articles got deleted, unfortunately. Funny thing is that I just try to load the game on the last beep but I still manage to hit every delay under the sun except the delay that I want to hit of course.
    yeah her/his guide was the best to read but its gone but if you read this guide it may help the image links are broken but i hope it may help >.>

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part4

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Im trying to RNG a Drilbur on my Pokemon white in Wellspring Cave but Im not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I hit my seed and use a repel and run back and forth until a shaking patch appears then I do the chatters and enter it. I keep getting a Steel Gem, Ice Gem or Naive drilbur that I can find anywhere in the adjacent seed section of PPRNG. I am using IV frame 2 so that I am able to turn to enter the dust. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by albertsw; 15th July 2013 at 7:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albertsw View Post
    Im trying to RNG a Drilbur on my Pokemon white in Wellspring Cave but Im not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I hit my seed and use a repel and run back and forth until a shaking patch appears then I do the chatters and enter it. I keep getting a Steel Gem, Ice Gem or Naive drilbur that I can find anywhere in the adjacent seed section of PPRNG. I am using IV frame 2 so that I am able to turn to enter the dust. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    I don't use PPRNG, here's a good tip. Have an IV Frame at least 3-4, because 128 steps = # of Pokemon in your party. Even though that running also advances the PIDRNG. Don't go too high on the IV Frame, otherwise it'll require more Repels; so no more than 16-21 on the IV Frame. :3 Saving does advance PIDRNG by 1 frame.

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

how big is the 3ds delay??? and what do i need frames for??
    : 4554-1252-6384

Quote Originally Posted by kyle12 View Post
    how big is the 3ds delay??? and what do i need frames for??
    bit confused what your asking kyle best to ask exactly what you want...what do you mean by need frames for?

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by kyle12 View Post
    how big is the 3ds delay?
    7-8 seconds

bit confused what your asking kyle best to ask exactly what you want...what do you mean by need frames for?
    he needs to read/watch a guide on Smogon or YouTube (Bearsfan092 recommended) if he doesn't know how important frames are.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 28th July 2013 at 3:23 AM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    7-8 seconds

he needs to read/watch a guide on Smogon or YouTube (Bearsfan092 recommended) if he doesn't know how important frames are.
    thats what i thought but he asked a bit strangely thats all XD but yeah i think he said he read the guide or something like that and was confused....if i remember correctly...i referred him here cuaz he was rnging with a 3ds and i rng with a lite which for some reason shouldn't be trolling me so much and it does -___________________- only when im breeding the most too...either its my time not hitting right or just my chatot frame...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

thats what i thought but he asked a bit strangely thats all XD but yeah i think he said he read the guide or something like that and was confused....if i remember correctly...i referred him here cuaz he was rnging with a 3ds and i rng with a lite which for some reason shouldn't be trolling me so much and it does -___________________- only when im breeding the most too...either its my time not hitting right or just my chatot frame...
    If he has issues with a written guide a video guide should help him. If that doesn't help him then...
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    If he has issues with a written guide a video guide should help him. If that doesn't help him then...
    yeah i know but just saying XD i thought maybe someone help him here cuaz i am the worst person to ask for help unless its breeding but if your really lost its hard to explain to people...so i thought someone can explain it better then i can XD but i do understand...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Guys, Im going to RNG a pokemon and I need to find my parameters again, so i'll need some info on how to do it.

First of all, is it OK if I capture a weak pokemon with a quick ball and then use pokecheck to check it's IVs?
    Second, at what point is the pokemon considered captured in order for me to account the precise second to input the time in the Time Box (RNG Reporter 9.96.5)?
    Third, should I hold any keypresses when loading the game in order to capture said pokemon?

I'll ask more questions when I remember to.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Guys, Im going to RNG a pokemon and I need to find my parameters again, so i'll need some info on how to do it.

First of all, is it OK if I capture a weak pokemon with a quick ball and then use pokecheck to check it's IVs?
    Second, at what point is the pokemon considered captured in order for me to account the precise second to input the time in the Time Box (RNG Reporter 9.96.5)?
    Third, should I hold any keypresses when loading the game in order to capture said pokemon?

I'll ask more questions when I remember to.
    1) Yes. Calibration only requires you to know the IVs, so pokechecking a pokemon is perfect for this process,

2) The seconds you need to record are when the game is launched, not when the pokemon is captured. If you start your game at 12:00:00 on 10/13/2015, that is the date and time you record.

3) you don't need to hold any keys down, but if you want to for whatever reason you can. IF you do, just make sure to fill those boxes out in RNGr. Otherwise, leave the boxes empty and don't hold any keys.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    1) Yes. Calibration only requires you to know the IVs, so pokechecking a pokemon is perfect for this process,

2) The seconds you need to record are when the game is launched, not when the pokemon is captured. If you start your game at 12:00:00 on 10/13/2015, that is the date and time you record.

3) you don't need to hold any keys down, but if you want to for whatever reason you can. IF you do, just make sure to fill those boxes out in RNGr. Otherwise, leave the boxes empty and don't hold any keys.
    Thank you. I have another question: what does the Actual Seconds mean?

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Im pretty sure it means the exact time you entered the game. For example, if you are on a ds lite, and you enter the game at 25 seconds, the actual seconds is likely to be 26 seconds in the actual seconds because of the ds' 1 second delay.
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Thank you. I have another question: what does the Actual Seconds mean?
    the time you hit the button so for example let say you hit your button on 15:23:34 on your time clock you hit but when you enter it in the reporter depending on your ds you have to subtract a few for the delay...so if you had a ds lite for example 15:23:33 is the time you hit to catch that pokemon since it has a one second delay to load the game...that make sense?

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Alright, thank you Mienfoo and Fairy

Alright, thank you Mienfoo and Fairy
    your welcome but remember if you have a 3ds or dsi the delay is different then a ds lite so be careful but good luck on setting your perimeter ^_^ if you need anything else just post i lurk around time to time on this thread...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I keep hitting two different timer0's at a similar rate. My original timer0 was c7c, but now im starting to hit a lot of c7b and I've even hit a few c7d. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Quote Originally Posted by Mienfoomaster View Post
    I keep hitting two different timer0's at a similar rate. My original timer0 was c7c, but now im starting to hit a lot of c7b and I've even hit a few c7d. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    I'm guessing that you're using BW1 which usually has two different Timer0's. It's quite normal for it to fluctuate.

Have you RNGed much before?

Yup im using black 1.Nope, i just figured out how to rng 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mienfoomaster View Post
    Yup im using black 1.Nope, i just figured out how to rng 2 days ago.
    Well just keep trying to load your game at the same time and you'll eventually get a more consistent Timer0. The easiest thing to practice on is stationary and wild pokemon if that helps.

Ok, thanks Ausgirl! Also, does it matter if im a few milliseconds off from the time i'm supposed to enter the game?

Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast