Page 101 of 287 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Well, if what I want is on 1, doesn't that mean I don't need to do advancements? I'm also getting a dif. thing every time I try to hit my seed.
    For your IVs yes, but not with the PID which controls which pokemon it is, the nature, and if it is shiny. Hitting your IV frame simply isn't enough.

Also don't know if this is worth noting, but RNGed my ID/SID, took forever, but will pay of when I get to Palkia

ENG Pearl Version

Name: T-DAWG
    ID: 00140
    SID: 55111
    It's a shiny 31/31/31/31/30/31 Hasty seed.

It seems like I'm not even hitting the right IV frame, as they don't have the right IVs.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

It seems like I'm not even hitting the right IV frame, as they don't have the right IVs.
    Then you're not hitting the seed. Just keep trying. Practice makes perfect.

First RNG(s) on a retail Pearl...I guess.

#484 Palkia|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Spacial Rend|Water Pulse|Dragon Claw|Ancientpower|
    |Caught at Spear Spillar|

#482 Azelf|Timid|Levitate|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Confusion|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot|
    |Caught at Valor Cavern|

Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 9th January 2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    First RNG(s) on a retail Pearl...I guess.

#484 Palkia|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Spacial Rend|Water Pulse|Dragon Claw|Ancientpower|
    |Caught at Spear Spillar|

#482 Azelf|Timid|Levitate|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Confusion|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot|
    |Caught at Valor Cavern|

I guess you're interested in Pokemon again?

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Not that much, but we'll see about that.

Hi,

I finnally am able to rng (I bored my friend's DS lite). Everything is going well. The only question I had was regarding frame rates. I need to set my frame rate to 5. I was wondering how I would go about doing so? I have been told that I need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party. However, I currently only have 3 in my party.

How do I set the frame rate to 5 when I have the incorrect number of pokemon in my party?
    White FC: 3654-3551-6268
    [IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/rbgnpk.jpg[/IMG]
    Credits to Mew_ for the awesome banner
    My Shop

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSnorlax View Post
    Hi,

I finnally am able to rng (I bored my friend's DS lite). Everything is going well. The only question I had was regarding frame rates. I need to set my frame rate to 5. I was wondering how I would go about doing so? I have been told that I need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party. However, I currently only have 3 in my party.

How do I set the frame rate to 5 when I have the incorrect number of pokemon in my party?
    If you're talking about advancing the IV frame in Gen 5, you can't. If you need to get to a certain frame, you must have exactly the right amount of party members.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    If you're talking about advancing the IV frame in Gen 5, you can't. If you need to get to a certain frame, you must have exactly the right amount of party members.
    Does that mean I have to recalibrate and make sure I have 4 pokes in party this time?
    My Shop

Does that mean I have to recalibrate and make sure I have 4 pokes in party this time?
    You only need to calibrate once. To get to a certain IV Frame, just have the number it is minus one. For example:

Your target IV frame is 5. To get to that number, you need 4 Pokemon with you. Then you need to walk 128 steps to advance it.

I suggest against it due to too many factors that can mess with you. I'd say stick with IV frame 1, but there's no harm in trying.

Quote Originally Posted by drothagreat0ne View Post
    You only need to calibrate once. To get to a certain IV Frame, just have the number it is minus one. For example:

Your target IV frame is 5. To get to that number, you need 4 Pokemon with you. Then you need to walk 128 steps to advance it.

I suggest against it due to too many factors that can mess with you. I'd say stick with IV frame 1, but there's no harm in trying.
    Thanks for the help.

Just so 100% clear on this, an IV frame of 1 means I have to take 0 steps right?
    My Shop

Thanks for the help.

Just so 100% clear on this, an IV frame of 1 means I have to take 0 steps right?
    Yes. Makes everything 10000 times easier on you.

EDIT: New RNG. For 4th gen breeding projects if you couldn't tell.

#132 Ditto "FLAWLESS" | | - | | SoulSilver RNG
    Nature: Modest | Ability: Limber | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
    Date: 06/30/2011 | Caught: Route 34 | Met at Lvl. 10
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Move(s): Transform
    Last edited by TDawg; 10th January 2012 at 2:28 AM.

I just got a flawless Japanese adamant ditto in a trade with 31 IVs in every stat except SPA. For that the serebii IV calculator gave me three possibilities 29, 30 & 31. The median IV for that stat was 30. So what should I put in for the IVs in the RNG report?

Upload it to Pokecheck, so you can be absolutely certain.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Upload it to Pokecheck, so you can be absolutely certain.
    Oh yeah... thanks.

I think I like 4th Gen RNGing more now. A bit more of a challenge with hitting certain delays and stuff, but not by much. 3rd Gen next? Maybe sooner or later lol. How is it compared to the other gens?

G3 is different. It's more straightforward, but at the same time, it's quite a bit more time consuming. You have to time it down to 1/60th of a second, which sucks, but other than that, all you have to do is wait until the time when your frame occurs, which is nice not worrying about NPC's advancing your frame, or having to advance your frame at all.

Oh, and you're much more limited to what spreads you can get for wild captures. (and to a certain extent with breeds). For example, the Gyarados I posted a page or two back is the best Jolly frame there is for over two hours.

31 IVs across the board!!! Yay me.

So how exactly DO you RNG? How I think it is:

1. Hit PID seed, advance frame
    2. Reset game
    3. Hit IV seed, advance frame
    4. profit

And I have calibrated several times, getting the same thing:

1 sec. offset
    C7F
    2 6's

Yet I still can't hit my IV frame.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 10th January 2012 at 4:40 AM.

1) Hit your seed
    2) do required key presses (if any)
    3) immediately open up your menu, and go to your party
    4) do Chatot flips if you need to advance the PIDRNG
    5) use Sweet Scent
    6) get your poke. (assuming you did everything correctly)

Yeah, but apparently, to abuse both IVs and shininess, I need to hit a PIDRNG and an IV RNG seed? How do I do that? I suppose for the frame I'd walk around then do Chatot flips.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    G3 is different. It's more straightforward, but at the same time, it's quite a bit more time consuming. You have to time it down to 1/60th of a second, which sucks, but other than that, all you have to do is wait until the time when your frame occurs, which is nice not worrying about NPC's advancing your frame, or having to advance your frame at all.

Oh, and you're much more limited to what spreads you can get for wild captures. (and to a certain extent with breeds). For example, the Gyarados I posted a page or two back is the best Jolly frame there is for over two hours.
    Oh I sort see it. I read Smogon's guide a little bit. I see Kaphotics on Smogon posting a lot of his work and I gotta say I get a bit jealous.

Crazy how little seeds there are compared to other gens. I mean I see some pretty good options, but not like 4th and 5th. What are the notable tutor moves anyway? I know of Double Edge, Seismic Toss, and yeah that it's as I never really have looked :P

EDIT:
    Yeah, but apparently, to abuse both IVs and shininess, I need to hit a PIDRNG and an IV RNG seed? How do I do that? I suppose for the frame I'd walk around then do Chatot flips.
    When you have a frame 1 seed and you hit your seed then you're done with the IVRNG. That's why people say to have an IVRNG of 1 so you don't have to keep count of your PID frame while you walk to advance the IV frame as walking advance the PIDRNG by 2 every time so 128 steps = 256 PID advancements. Plus if you keep turning. Best advice is find a seed with IV frame of one. that way you only abuse the PIDRNG. Which you do by chatot flips. That make sense? lol
    Last edited by TDawg; 10th January 2012 at 4:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Oh I sort see it. I read Smogon's guide a little bit. I see Kaphotics on Smogon posting a lot of his work and I gotta say I get a bit jealous.

Crazy how little seeds there are compared to other gens. I mean I see some pretty good options, but not like 4th and 5th. What are the notable tutor moves anyway? I know of Double Edge, Seismic Toss, and yeah that it's as I never really have looked :P
    Mimic, if you want to abuse the glitch for some reason? Counter Dusclops, maybe? CounterBond Gengar seems pretty cool.

Dynamic Punch, Softboiled, Mimic, Counter, Body Slam, and Swords Dance (for Qwilfish), plus the two you listed.

And yeah, the seeds are limited, but unless you're using an emulator you sort of have to make do. And unfortunately it's insanely hard to rng on a retail FR/LG, which means you're stuck abusing on R/S (if they have a dead battery), or Emerald.

Alright I would like to RNG a flawless shiny Snivy with the eggmove glare and hidden power fire. I have a flawless Ditto and a male Snivy with the eggmove glare, how do I get hidden power fire onto the baby? I've read that it has something to do with IVs but I'm not really sure what. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 101 of 287 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast