Page 103 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #2551
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Merced CA, USA
    Posts
    153

    Default

    If I want to Entralink RNG on a 3DS, do I need the latest version of RNG reporter or will version 9.81 still work?

    Also, can anyone explain to me how to find my delay for when I use C-Gear RNGing? Cause I have no idea how to find it.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

    "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

    - Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

    This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.


    Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

    3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey


    Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

  2. #2552
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Yeah I made sure to KO Giratina in the Distortion World on my playthrough so I could finish it and I could get it later after I learned 4th gen RNGing.

    So I start my timer once it hits 8:57, then SR when the first timer hits 0?

    And lol at Advent.

    I have claimed Giratina

  3. #2553
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Yeah I made sure to KO Giratina in the Distortion World on my playthrough so I could finish it and I could get it later after I learned 4th gen RNGing.

    So I start my timer once it hits 8:57, then SR when the first timer hits 0?

    And lol at Advent.
    Just starter your timer right as you set the DS clock. And then Yes SR.

  4. #2554
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    TDawg, mind if I steal your format?

    #548 Petilil | | ♀ | | White RNG
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Chlorophyll | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
    Date: 11/22/2011 | Caught:: Pinwheel Forest | Met at Lvl. 14
    IVs: 31/24/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
    Move(s): Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | Growth
    Normally, for me, HP seeds take an eternity to generate. This one actually came really quick.

    Also, three questions, for my next targets:

    1. Could somebody lend me a Tornadus for #3?
    2. About how long can I expect an HP Ice Timid Flash Fire Litwick seed to generate? I keep getting Timid Flame Body, Timid Flash Fire decent overall, and Calm Flash Fire.
    3. What's the more sacrificable stat on Landorus, HP or Def, for HP Ice?

    Also, I still don't get PIDRNG. my initial PIDRNG frame was 46, so I flipped back and forth (am I supposed to wait for the Chatot's cry?) to 50. I didn't get the right poke.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 11th January 2012 at 5:06 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  5. #2555
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    TDawg, mind if I steal your format?

    #252 Petilil | | ♀ | | White RNG
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Chlorophyll | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
    Date: 11/22/2011 | Caught:: Pinwheel Forest | Met at Lvl. 14
    IVs: 31/24/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
    Move(s): Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | Growth
    Normally, for me, HP seeds take an eternity to generate. This one actually came really quick.

    Also, three questions, for my next targets:

    1. Could somebody lend me a Tornadus for #3?
    2. About how long can I expect an HP Ice Timid Flash Fire Litwick seed to generate? I keep getting Timid Flame Body, Timid Flash Fire decent overall, and Calm Flash Fire.
    3. What's the more sacrificable stat on Landorus, HP or Def, for HP Ice?

    Also, I still don't get PIDRNG. my initial PIDRNG frame was 46, so I flipped back and forth (am I supposed to wait for the Chatot's cry?) to 50. I didn't get the right poke.
    Lol not at all.

    1. I can't
    2. No telling. Seeds are generated by your games parameters and DS Mac so it's different for everyone.
    3. Defense.

    Are you even finding out your shifted starting PID frame?

  6. #2556
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Um.. what's that? Yeah, that's prob. where I'm going wrong. I'm just hitting my IV seed, then advancing my PID frame.

    *starts generating the 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 Litwick seed*

    So PIDRNG understanding would stop my heavy praying that I got the right poke/ability/nature/etc?

    I'm guessing the encounter slot won't matter here, as it's all Litwick?

    EDIT: Would that be the frame of the poke you catch, then compare the nature/gender/shininess/etc to the generated list on the main part?

    Also, should I even ATTEMPT breeding, albeit the fact that I can get good parents, since I don't know how to control the PIDRNG fully yet?

    EDIT EDIT: Does anybody else get annoyed at how long it generally takes to generate HP seeds, since they're so specific?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 11th January 2012 at 5:29 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  7. #2557
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Um.. what's that? Yeah, that's prob. where I'm going wrong. I'm just hitting my IV seed, then advancing my PID frame.

    *starts generating the 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 Litwick seed*

    So PIDRNG understanding would stop my heavy praying that I got the right poke/ability/nature/etc?

    I'm guessing the encounter slot won't matter here, as it's all Litwick?

    EDIT: Would that be the frame of the poke you catch, then compare the nature/gender/shininess/etc to the generated list on the main part?

    Also, should I even ATTEMPT breeding, albeit the fact that I can get good parents, since I don't know how to control the PIDRNG fully yet?

    EDIT EDIT: Does anybody else get annoyed at how long it generally takes to generate HP seeds, since they're so specific?
    ES won't matter.

    If you enter the game instantly open the menu, sweet scent, then yes it would be.

    And no you should not even worry about it till you have a full understanding of it.

    And I get seeds very easily if it isn't shiny so I can't agree with you there.

  8. #2558
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    What does ES mean? Only meaning I know of it as is ExtremeSpeed.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  9. #2559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    What does ES mean? Only meaning I know of it as is ExtremeSpeed.
    Encounter slot.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  10. #2560
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    So I have my seed. I'd hit my (IV or PIDRNG?) seed, look for whatever I hit on the main part of RNG reporter, and that'd be my SSF?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  11. #2561
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    So I have my seed. I'd hit my (IV or PIDRNG?) seed, look for whatever I hit on the main part of RNG reporter, and that'd be my SSF?
    You need to understand that you're manipulating the IVRNG and the PIDRNG simultaneously, well pretty much. But anyways yes you are.

  12. #2562
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Then JW, why does it say a time when you search for a PIDRNG seed?

    Yes I am what?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  13. #2563
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Then JW, why does it say a time when you search for a PIDRNG seed?

    Yes I am what?
    Because you need to be entering the game -1 sec of what it says. Like you would any other seed. You should check bearsfan092 videos on youtube. They will help you understand more.

    Lol sorry I didn't mean to add the you are. It was a yes to your question :P

  14. #2564
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    So do I need to find an IV seed time and an PID seed time that are the same or something?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  15. #2565
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    We should just start all over lol.

    Okay first off you should find a seed with a frame of 1.
    Then you copy and paste that seed to the main window to find ES, nature and Ability.
    Now try to hit the seed (keypresses if necessary).
    Either try to use the Initial PID frame RNGReporter gives you or instantly sweet scent to find shifted starting frame.
    Now Caught pokemon and compare to other PIDs in the main window to find which it is.
    Adjust and do Chatot flips accordingly.

  16. #2566
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Struggled twice which was pretty annoying, but now I need to EV it and then also how do you guys sketch on 4th Gen? Since there aren't any random double battles and all rematch battles are too high leveled for this little lady.


    #235 Smeargle | | Female | | HeartGold RNG
    Nature: Jolly | Ability: Own Tempo | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
    Date: 10/15/2011 | Caught: Ruins of Alph | Met at Lvl. 22
    IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Hidden Power: N/A
    Move(s): Sketch

    Ability could've been better, but it's alright.

  17. #2567
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Alright like many of you guys know I've been trying to RNG a flawless shiny Snivy with the eggmove glare. I'm currently using a DS Lite and the RNG Report program whilst following the BW RNG Manipulation Guide on Smogan. The parents include:

    Flawless Japanese Ditto (Adamant)
    Servine 31/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 20/ 20 (male, timid & has everstone)

    I checked the IV's using pokecheck.

    I followed the instructions as best as I could and when I hit 'generate' I got pokemon with random natures and IVs. I did get some shinies but they had the wrong natures and IVs. I've included screenshots of all the steps that I took so if you have the time I would appreciate it if you could look over what I did, and maybe point me in the right direction.













    Edit: Re-ordered screenshots.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 11th January 2012 at 1:17 PM.

  18. #2568
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Academy of Power
    Posts
    4,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Struggled twice which was pretty annoying, but now I need to EV it and then also how do you guys sketch on 4th Gen? Since there aren't any random double battles and all rematch battles are too high leveled for this little lady.
    In D/P/P, there are a pair of Twins south of Floaroma with two Pachirisu at low levels (9 in D/P, 11 in Platinum). If you are able to trade between your games, they would be my recommendation for Sketching.
    And good job on the Smeargle, Own Tempo is the preferred ability if you aren't going to use it as a False Swiper, but it should work anyway as Smeargle still has a terrible Attack stat.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

    We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

  19. #2569
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Yeah, it's better than Technician.

    @TDawg: for getting my IV seed, do I not touch ANYTHING except the IVs, covering those when I search for a PIDRNG seed?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 11th January 2012 at 2:48 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  20. #2570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    @TDawg: for getting my IV seed, do I not touch ANYTHING except the IVs, covering those when I search for a PIDRNG seed?
    The only things you need to enter are the IVs, year, month, min/max frames (both 8 for breeding), method (standard seed) and encounter type (Gift Pokémon). That's all.

    Once you've found a suitable seed, right-click it, and copy it. Then, just got to the main window of RNG Reporter, change the method there to Breeding (BW), or Breeding (BW, International) if you're using foreign parents, put int the Everstone nature, paste the seed into the Seed box, leave the IVs alone and tick whether you're using a Ditto parent or not. On the right, leave the nature, ability and gender blank for the moment, and press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". Finally, generate a list of PIDRNG frames. Those will be all the eggs that can be produced on that IV frame. Then it's just a case of starting up your game at the time listed in the Time Finder (minus your differential, of course) and finding your SSF.

    It does seem daunting at first, but once you get it right, you'll find it very easy.

    @alishenai, have you actually found your parameters? They're not in the Parameters tab, from the looks of that screenshot. Also, you haven't copied the seed into the main window, as described above.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 11th January 2012 at 7:28 PM.

  21. #2571
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default


    Mars | 58706 | Jolly | Levitate
    30 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 29 | 30
    Double Edge | Body Slam | Mimic | Crunch
    UT @ Lv. 45


    Mars | 58706 | Jolly | Levitate
    30 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 29 | 30
    Double Edge | Body Slam | Mimic | Zen Headbutt
    UT @ Lv. 35

    Both are retail Emerald captures.

  22. #2572
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Merced CA, USA
    Posts
    153

    Default

    If I'm trying to RNG an Entralink pokemon for IVs only (nature manipulation doesn't matter, I can just keep resetting to get the right one like I do with Tornadus), do I still need to soft reset (My DS Lite's L button is screwed up)? Or can I just synch my game's time to an external clock and enter the entralink when it hits the right time? (For instance, if the seed I want to hit is something like 2:23:26, could I just start my game at 2:21:00 with my game synched with an external clock, and enter the entralink at 2:23:26? Or a second or two earlier, if that's required?)

    Arceus is going to be available soon, so I need to get how to do this. I don't want to settle for a crappy IVed Arceus. Can anyone help me?
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

    "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

    - Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

    This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.


    Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

    3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey


    Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

  23. #2573
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    The only things you need to enter are the IVs, year, month, min/max frames (both 8 for breeding), method (standard seed) and encounter type (Gift Pokémon). That's all.

    Once you've found a suitable seed, right-click it, and copy it. Then, just got to the main window of RNG Reporter, change the method there to Breeding (BW), or Breeding (BW, International) if you're using foreign parents, put int the Everstone nature, paste the seed into the Seed box, leave the IVs alone and tick whether you're using a Ditto parent or not. On the right, leave the nature, ability and gender blank for the moment, and press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". Finally, generate a list of PIDRNG frames. Those will be all the eggs that can be produced on that IV frame. Then it's just a case of starting up your game at the time listed in the Time Finder (minus your differential, of course) and finding your SSF.

    It does seem daunting at first, but once you get it right, you'll find it very easy.

    @alishenai, have you actually found your parameters? They're not in the Parameters tab, from the looks of that screenshot. Also, you haven't copied the seed into the main window, as described above.
    Well I thought I did... anyway I'm gonna give it another go later today.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 12th January 2012 at 4:18 AM.

  24. #2574

    Default

    The age old question: Gold or Silver?


    |#249|Lugia|Impish|Pressure|31|31|31|25|31|31|
    |Aeroblast|Punishment|Ancientpower|Safeguard|
    |Caught at Whirl Islands|




    |#250|Ho-oh|Adamant|Pressure|31|31|31|17|31|31|
    |Extrasensory|Sunny Day|Fire Blast|Sacred Fire|
    |Caught at Tin Tower|




    |#150|Mewtwo|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Psycho Cut|Amnesia|Power Swap|Guard Swap|
    |Caught at Cerulean Cave|
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 12th January 2012 at 4:22 AM.

  25. #2575
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default


    Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Rock Head
    31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 31
    Scary Face | Roar | Agility | Ancient Power
    UT @ Lv. 25


    Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Solid Rock
    31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
    Aqua Jet | Ancient Power | Crunch | Wide Guard
    UT @ Lv. 25


Page 103 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •