Page 11 of 286 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Poke16Freak View Post
    So since i already calibrated once evertime i want to rng i just go straight to time finder and input the pokemon i want?
    Yes. Click on "5th gen DS parameters" in the time finder and you should see your parameters are saved in there. Just remember to choose 2 or 3 keypresses every time you open RNG reporter. Keypresses increase the chance of finding a seed in a given month without having to search a million months/years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

NN: (none) / Boy
    Hatched @: Lacunosa Town / 12/1/2011 / Jolly / Quick to Flee
    31 / 31 / 31 / 0 / 31 / 31
    Moves: Dragon Dance / Outrage / Leer / Payback

just got it bro.
    going to get a Storm Drain Gastrodon for a trade next.
    Grats! Good luck!
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

Alright so a quick question. If you are PIDRNGing for a stationary pokemon, does it matter what the encounter slot is?
    I viewed the encounter slot tables and it looks like its for wild pokemon.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4899-5440-5064

WANTED:
    nothing( for now....)
    My Shinies:
        Spoiler:- shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DerpFloon0089 View Post
    Alright so a quick question. If you are PIDRNGing for a stationary pokemon, does it matter what the encounter slot is?
    I viewed the encounter slot tables and it looks like its for wild pokemon.
    Encounter slots does not matter for stationary Pokemon.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Encounter slots does not matter for stationary Pokemon.
    alright i just found a seed that is
    frame 1 nearby shiny 57 encounter slot 0
    what do i do next to get that seed to work im going for a wild pokemon
    Ash Fc:4727-7990-3440 (Black)
    I like to battle in any gen if you want to battle me send me a pm.I'm a shiny collector so if you have any flawless shiny unova pokemon for trade send me a pm. If I by accident trade you a hacked pokemon just send me a pm and i will trade back as soon as possible than i will release the pokemon.

My Shop:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=533224

Spoiler:- My RNGed Pokemon:

alright i just found a seed that is
    frame 1 nearby shiny 57 encounter slot 0
    what do i do next to get that seed to work im going for a wild pokemon
        Spoiler:- From the FAQ on page 1:

Also frame 57 could be too low if you're in an area with NPCs. Generally you should aim for 60+. You can give it a try but if your actual starting frame is higher than 57 you'll have to find another seed.

Yes!! Finally managed to get the PIDRNG advancement down
    I think my problem was I had transferred my Chatot from another cart, even though I was listening to the chatter it didn't seem to be advancing at all. So I rerecorded a new chatter and worked perfectly
    Just got a Shiny Hardy Cobalion 8/31/31/5/29/31. I know not the best IV's but it's for shiny collector purposes rather than battling.
    So now to hunt down all the other legends. Then I can get back to making a competitive team for next years VGC.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post

Also frame 57 could be too low if you're in an area with NPCs. Generally you should aim for 60+. You can give it a try but if your actual starting frame is higher than 57 you'll have to find another seed.
    im going to try and rng a shiny dwebble will the sandstorm mess up the frame or no?
    I like to battle in any gen if you want to battle me send me a pm.I'm a shiny collector so if you have any flawless shiny unova pokemon for trade send me a pm. If I by accident trade you a hacked pokemon just send me a pm and i will trade back as soon as possible than i will release the pokemon.

My Shop:

im going to try and rng a shiny dwebble will the sandstorm mess up the frame or no?
    Yes it will. To get rid of weather save in the area you want to RNG in. Set the date 1 month forward. Enter the game and battle something, after the battle the weather will be gone. Then you can save and RNG.

Yes it will. To get rid of weather save in the area you want to RNG in. Set the date 1 month forward. Enter the game and battle something, after the battle the weather will be gone. Then you can save and RNG.
    even in the place where u can catch sandile and scraggy? i cant think of the name its close to nimbasa city

My Shop:

even in the place where u can catch sandile and scraggy? i cant think of the name its close to nimbasa city
    Try it and find out...

EDIT:
    where do i find my starting frame and is my target frame the one in the time finder where it says nearby shiny
        Spoiler:- FAQ:

Last edited by jolteon135; 7th August 2011 at 1:08 AM.

Try it and find out...

EDIT:

Spoiler:- FAQ:
    i did all that and it didnt work i wonder if im not doing the correct amount of chatot flips whats is the equation for this because im doing this
    target frame - initial frame- starting frame +1

My Shop:

i did all that and it didnt work i wonder if im not doing the correct amount of chatot flips whats is the equation for this because im doing this
    target frame - initial frame- starting frame +1
    You found your actual starting frame? Your actual starting frame is not necessarily the starting frame RNG reporter gives you. You have to figure it out yourself.
    Read my previous post. It explains how to find your actual starting frame.

EDIT: Also your IV frame should be 1. Under frame in the time finder it should say 1.

You found your actual starting frame? Your actual starting frame is not necessarily the starting frame RNG reporter gives you. You have to figure it out yourself.
    Read my previous post. It explains how to find your actual starting frame.

EDIT: Also your IV frame should be 1. Under frame in the time finder it should say 1.
    o ok alright i get it and yes my iv frame was 1 but how come i found a shiny frame on time finder and when i tried to hit it the pokemon wasnt shiny it was regular color. i didnt copy and paste the seed because i wanted to see if i could hit my time finder seed first.

My Shop:

o ok alright i get it and yes my iv frame was 1 but how come i found a shiny frame on time finder and when i tried to hit it the pokemon wasnt shiny it was regular color. i didnt copy and paste the seed because i wanted to see if i could hit my time finder seed first.
    *sigh* IVs are controlled by the IVRNG. Nature, ability, encounter slot, gender, shininess are all controlled by the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV frame) does not give you your shiny. It just gives you a Pokemon with the right IVs. You need to find your starting PID frame then reset, redo it and advance to your target PID frame (via Chatot).

*sigh* IVs are controlled by the IVRNG. Nature, ability, encounter slot, gender, shininess are all controlled by the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV frame) does not give you your shiny. It just gives you a Pokemon with the right IVs. You need to find your starting PID frame then reset, redo it and advance to your target PID frame (via Chatot).
    o yea u told me that already and so the equation for the chatots flips is pid frame- starting frame or????

My Shop:

o yea u told me that already and so the equation for the chatots flips is pid frame- starting frame or????
    YES.
    sorry for that
    oopsie

YES.
    sorry for that
    sorry for what and alright thanks

My Shop:

*Sigh* I couldn't find a shiny flawless Jolly Landorus seed I ended up getting a normal Flawless Jolly Landorus

Got him:

31/X/31/X/31/31
    Technician / Jolly
    Hatched at Village Bridge
    Move 1: Sketch

Before anyone says anything about the atk and sp.atk, I don't really need them for the set i'm going to use. This is going to be passing shell smashes and setting up sweeps.
    And before I forget: Thanks tarro for the help!

Past Sigs:[X][X][X]
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Banner!

Grats Aeros!!
    Im going through black and on the 4th gym.
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
    Got him:

31/X/31/X/31/31
    Technician / Jolly
    Hatched at Village Bridge
    Move 1: Sketch

Before anyone says anything about the atk and sp.atk, I don't really need them for the set i'm going to use. This is going to be passing shell smashes and setting up sweeps.
    And before I forget: Thanks tarro for the help!
    Niiiiiiiccccceeee Aeros.

You're going to rape with that Shell Smash.

Nice job; keep it up
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    I downloaded mine off of PokeCheck! It is a shiny Flawless Ditto! Credit to the original owner!

Edit: I just encouuntered the shiny Musharna! Woot! First try! Did 2 less because the PID frame always goes up by 2 for me...
    Good luck with that. I hope it's genuine. However a lot of pokes on Pokecheck are badly made hacks. If the PID does not match the poke's characteristics, it will not breed true.

A guy on another forum was giving out perfect Ditto clones(beribboned) he claimed to have RNG'd in Giant Chasm. Believing him, I gratefully accepted one and started breeding. However when it held a power lens, all offspring hatched with a special attack of 27.

That's what spurred me on to RNGing. Now I know for certain my perfect Dittos are genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
    Grats Aeros!!
    Im going through black and on the 4th gym.
    thanks and good luck in black.
    Niiiiiiiccccceeee Aeros.
    You're going to rape with that Shell Smash.
    Nice job; keep it up
    haha thanks.

Anyway, so Terrakion's my next target. I've been having a few problems though - and they're kinda weird.

So #1, the frames on the shiny don't match up. When I originally found my spread on the time finder, the nearby shiny frame was on 129. But when I put it into the main screen of RNG reporter with the PIDRNG method up, the shiny frame is on 127. I'm confused about which to use.

#2, before I realized the first problem, I tried to get the Terrakion. Everything's right but the shinyness. The ivs and the nature were right on. But since nature and shinyness are determined by the same rng, what's going on? I'm thinking that the problem starts with the walking part. I have to hit a frame of 13 - so that's 256 steps with 6 pokemon. Since it takes more than one repel, I have to go into the bag and use another one. Would that screw it up? Or is this an rng reporter problem?

Past Sigs:[X][X][X]
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
    Since it takes more than one repel, I have to go into the bag and use another one. Would that screw it up?
    No, speaking from experience, going back into your bag for more repels doesn't screw it up.

Sorry I don't know enough to help you with the rest.

Page 11 of 286 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast