Page 119 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 7151

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

So.. I'm not getting delay-based RNG. There's also the problem of my Arceus not being in the first clearing. I tried reading the guide, but the timer puts me at :28, not :37. I also don't see how I will ever hit a 60th of a second. But, on the bright side, once I learn, I'll be ready for G4 abuse.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Flygon View Post

#517 Muuna [Sleepy]
    OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender:
    Nature: Bold | Ability: Synchronize | Type: Psychic
    Hidden Power: Fighting 70
    IV: 31/31/30/30/30/30
    EV: UT | Level: 1
    Moves: Defense Curl | Baton Pass | Helping Hand | Sleep Talk

#299 Nosepass [49ers]
    Nature: Calm | Ability: Unaware | Type: Rock
    Hidden Power:
    IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    EV: UT | Level: 1
    Moves: Tackle | Stealth Rock | Rock Slide | ----

#493 Acreus [Archeus or Archaeus]
    Nature: Jolly | Ability: Mutiltype | Type: Normal
    Capture Date: 2/1/2012 (Around 8:20 a.m)
    Hidden Power: N/A
    IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    EV: UT | Level: 100
    Moves: Recover | Hyper Beam | Perish Song | Judgement

Spoiler:- What happened between me and Arceus himself.:
    Lol I love this story. At least you can get Jolly. I am going for a Jolly one and can not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    So.. I'm not getting delay-based RNG. There's also the problem of my Arceus not being in the first clearing. I tried reading the guide, but the timer puts me at :28, not :37. I also don't see how I will ever hit a 60th of a second. But, on the bright side, once I learn, I'll be ready for G4 abuse.
    G4 is easier just sayin. Because it there aren't as many delays that you can hit. Anyways its much easier to hit the 60th of a second then you're making it out to be. But it sure is hell annoying when you don't get the damn nature you want.

Say if I save the game in Route 5, change the month to March, and boot the game, does the game still think it's February, or is it March?

I figured it would think it's February until you enter a building and update the season, but I could be wrong.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Say if I save the game in Route 5, change the month to March, and boot the game, does the game still think it's February, or is it March?

I figured it would think it's February until you enter a building and update the season, but I could be wrong.
    It will still think it's February and the season will be the same till you go into a building and out. So pretty much what you said.

Holy ****! I had an egg with the daycare left over from the other day of RNG'ing the other Mienfoo, so I thought I'd look up some shiny seeds and go for it. After only a few tries:

Jason | 63302 | Jolly | Regenerator | Female
    31 | 31 | 20 | 5 | 31 | 31
    Force Palm | Drain Punch | U-Turn | Rock Slide

Not the best stats, but somehow I hit the shiny seed I chose. So weird!

Oh wow! I was practicing more with stationary pokemon and decided to get a male flawless volcarona to mess around with breeding eventually. On my japanese copy of black to make for better shiny odds!

I had a lot of trouble at first. The only seed I could find was frame 10. I hit it a few times, but every time I tried to make it a boy, I missed my seed somehow! I don't know what happened. So I eventually went looking for another seed and managed to find a Frame 1, and it ended up female at first. Try again and one save later...

Volcarona JP [Timid]
    31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

I couldn't believe it!! I was actually Adamant Synching for breeding purposes, but he ended up flawless and timid! I think my friend is going to mug me to steal him (my friend really wants a flawless timid volcarona...)

This is kinda challenging. The fun kind like a stubborn model kit. Similar desire to throw it at the wall when I keep messing up, too!

I think I'm going to have to find my parameters again, since I don't seem to be hitting any seeds. It was fine a couple of weeks ago. Then, I might work on Entralink abuse, but I've had the same problem as vands in my previous attempts. I can rarely find the seed I hit, and when I do, it's almost ten seconds away from my target time. :/

Damn it, this 'Proud Of It's Power' characteristic is starting to troll me.

When using the PIDRNG, does the Characteristic shown in the Time Finder match the frame you're hitting?
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 4th February 2012 at 6:10 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Damn it, this 'Proud Of It's Power' characteristic is starting to troll me.

When using the PIDRNG, does the Characteristic shown in the Time Finder match the frame you're hitting?
    Yes, but there's a glitch that shows sp. Def and sp. Attack characteristics instead of speed.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Yes, but there's a glitch that shows sp. Def and sp. Attack characteristics instead of speed.
    The seed I have has three perfect IVs, HP, Def, and Sp. Def, but the characteristics for the first 20 frames are Often Dozes Off, Mischievious, and Capable of Taking Hits, so I should just ignore them?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I think I'm going to have to find my parameters again, since I don't seem to be hitting any seeds. It was fine a couple of weeks ago. Then, I might work on Entralink abuse, but I've had the same problem as vands in my previous attempts. I can rarely find the seed I hit, and when I do, it's almost ten seconds away from my target time. :/
    if your seed is a few seconds off then just recallibrate Eon timer and try again. It took me like an hour to calibrate Eon timer when i tried to RNG Bannette before i finally hit my seed. I got the flawless pokemon but i didnt like the nature, then life got in the way an i wasnt able to finish the job :/ also, remember thet Entralink abuse is really weird so its not like normal c-gear abuse. You need to check that box for entralink abuse, you need to adjust that bottom number from 296 to 356 (i think thats the numbers any way, like i said its been awhile), remember that your starting IV frame will never be lower then 21 and that by talking to a pokemon your frame advances by 26 (after the first time you talk to them). Thats just a few troubleshooting tips, im sure someone else can help you more if the problem persist
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    if your seed is a few seconds off then just recallibrate Eon timer and try again. It took me like an hour to calibrate Eon timer when i tried to RNG Bannette before i finally hit my seed. I got the flawless pokemon but i didnt like the nature, then life got in the way an i wasnt able to finish the job :/ also, remember thet Entralink abuse is really weird so its not like normal c-gear abuse. You need to check that box for entralink abuse, you need to adjust that bottom number from 296 to 356 (i think thats the numbers any way, like i said its been awhile), remember that your starting IV frame will never be lower then 21 and that by talking to a pokemon your frame advances by 26 (after the first time you talk to them). Thats just a few troubleshooting tips, im sure someone else can help you more if the problem persist
    That about sums up all he needs to know, but 356 is if your delay is 1 second off of what it should be and 416 is for 2 seconds and so one. Here's the actual equation \/

([seconds hit - seconds wanted] x 60) + 296

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    That about sums up all he needs to know, but 356 is if your delay is 1 second off of what it should be and 416 is for 2 seconds and so one. Here's the actual equation \/

([seconds hit - seconds wanted] x 60) + 296
    oh yea, good point. i just assumed the delay was 1 b/c thats what i always see lol I've never talked to anyone who has a delay other then 1 second

I think i will go for a Jolly and a Timid Arceus but i might settle for a Naive if it pops up first. I also have a Mamoswine that is moving around in Entree Forest so i cant help but think that is going to complicate this a bit, maybe ill do him first

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Wow! Everyone seems to be starting on the Entralink RNG for Arceus at the moment!!
    I've got 8 to pick up at the moment. I might set up a few more accounts so I can get one with each plate.
    Also got Mamoswine, Banette and Croagunk's to pick up on each of them.
    I've downloaded EonTimer and I've run through all the steps on Smogon's guide, just haven't actually put it into practice yet.

One question the guide mentioned min frame of 21, I found a flawless spread on frame 21 but would I advance too far walking to the 3rd clearing to get to Arceus??

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Wow! Everyone seems to be starting on the Entralink RNG for Arceus at the moment!!
    I've got 8 to pick up at the moment. I might set up a few more accounts so I can get one with each plate.
    Also got Mamoswine, Banette and Croagunk's to pick up on each of them.
    I've downloaded EonTimer and I've run through all the steps on Smogon's guide, just haven't actually put it into practice yet.

One question the guide mentioned min frame of 21, I found a flawless spread on frame 21 but would I advance too far walking to the 3rd clearing to get to Arceus??
    no, i tested that out earlier and it only took me 55 steps to get to Arceus, including turning. You should have plenty of time to get to Arcues and still be on frame 21. Although, someone once told me that the number of steps required to advance the frame doesnt reset once the DS is turned off. So if you walked 127 steps then saved and turned off your DS, the first step you took when you turned your DS back on would advance your IV frame. That sounds kinda weird to me but i dont RNG much outside of eggs and events so i never tested that out. Does anyone else have a solid answer to that?

So I'm back to RNGing, and I'm having the same problem as before. I hit my seed, do X amount of flips, get my desired IV spread, but the frame doesn't match.

Example, see the following pictures:

Encounter Slots for Route 5: 2 / 3
    Sassy nature
    ~ Stench (Ability 0)
    31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    HP [Fire] 70

Aimiing for Frame 54, so I did 10 flips, hoping to get lucky the first try.

Spoiler:- Parameters:

Spoiler:- Time Finder:

Spoiler:- Main Window:

Spoiler:- Frame:

What am I doing wrong?

It is March in the game, the game displays Autumn when I boot it up.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Blaze
    30 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
    Dragon Dance | Focus Punch | Flare Blitz | Crunch

Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Blaze
    30 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
    Belly Drum | Focus Punch | Flare Blitz | Crunch

Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Blaze
    30 | 31 | 31 | 8 | 31 | 31
    Dragon Dance | Focus Punch | Flare Blitz | Crunch

Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Blaze
    30 | 31 | 31 | 8 | 31 | 31
    Belly Drum | Focus Punch | Flare Blitz | Crunch

Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Moxie
    31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
    Drain Punch | Dragon Dance | ThunderPunch | Ice Punch

some quick breeds

So I'm back to RNGing, and I'm having the same problem as before. I hit my seed, do X amount of flips, get my desired IV spread, but the frame doesn't match.

Example, see the following pictures:

Encounter Slots for Route 5: 2 / 3
    Sassy nature
    ~ Stench (Ability 0)
    31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    HP [Fire] 70

Aimiing for Frame 54, so I did 10 flips, hoping to get lucky the first try.

Spoiler:- Parameters:

Spoiler:- Time Finder:

Spoiler:- Main Window:

Spoiler:- Frame:

What am I doing wrong?

It is March in the game, the game displays Autumn when I boot it up.

Wouldn't you need to do 13 flips if your start is 41, and you want 54?

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Wouldn't you need to do 13 flips if your start is 41, and you want 54?
    I'm not worried about the flips, I'm worried about the fact that 10 flips got me to frame 83, that's the problem.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

According to the first page, Route 5 is not on the list of places without moving NPC's. Maybe that's it?

well if you got to 83, but you hit your seed, then just keep flipping until you get the right nature and encounter slot again. But are you sure you hit your seed? 3 keypresses means theres a lot that could go wrong. Personally i have issues with directional keypresses and i find that i often miss my seeds. If you hit your seed and the IVs are right, it could be NPCs like was suggested earlier

There's NPC's on Route 5. If you want to RNG a Trubbish/Garbodor, there's no NPCs on Route 9.

If you're advancing 10 frames and you're going from 41 to 83, then you're not hitting your seed I think. Are you holding the keypresses?

And I heard that as well. I also heard getting into a battle resets it. Weird, though, as I rarely get into a battle between RNGs, and I end up still hitting my IV frame.

Also, just wondering, is it basically hopeless to find a decent seed for even a pent-flawless shiny legendary w/o RNGing your ID/SID?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 5th February 2012 at 7:49 AM.

I'm not worried about the flips, I'm worried about the fact that 10 flips got me to frame 83, that's the problem.
    Wandering NPC's tend to advance it unpredictably. From what I recall, Route 5 has a few NPC's who move around, which would explain the sudden jump.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Also, just wondering, is it basically hopeless to find a decent seed for even a pent-flawless shiny legendary w/o RNGing your ID/SID?
    No, thats mainly for RNGing your roamer. For stationary legends you should still be able to find decent seeds with reasonable chatot flips. you may have to search a bit, but they should be there

Just I'm not going to find a hexflawless shiny legendary that doesn't require 5000 Chatot flips?

Why must I find this out when I only have Kyurem, Landorus, and a couple Foongus/Amoonguss left to catch? :/
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 5th February 2012 at 8:18 AM.

Page 119 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast