Page 13 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Im going for a Clamperl next because I love shell smash Gorebyss.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Wow your giratina looks great caboose. I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Wow your giratina looks great caboose. I'm jealous
    Thank you, I'd be willing to distribute it, once I figured everything out, or ask someone on smogon to do it for me...
    _____

Ok, Im still trying to capture Landorus. I did 73 advancements to find my SSF. Then I found out all I had to do was 65. I did the 65 yet I keep getting Bold and its not shiny, I even tried with a synch and that did nothing. I even tried different amounts of advancements and they all showed I got the right SSF.
        Spoiler:- picture:
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Quote Originally Posted by ||Caboose|| View Post
    Thank you, I'd be willing to distribute it, once I figured everything out, or ask someone on smogon to do it for me...
    _____

Ok, Im still trying to capture Landorus. I did 73 advancements to find my SSF. Then I found out all I had to do was 65. I did the 65 yet I keep getting Bold and its not shiny, I even tried with a synch and that did nothing. I even tried different amounts of advancements and they all showed I got the right SSF.
    Alright, I think there are NPCs in that area, so, everytime you encounter the Landorus, catch it and see what frame you got it at by finding the Nature that it was in the RNG Reporter, then, adjust your next try to get the right frame. Ex. You catch a Landorus after doing your advancements and look at the nature. It is a Careful Nature, that is frame 123. To adjust it, you look at the frame you're trying to hit (frame 121) and take the frame you just hit (frame 123) and subtract the frame you want from it (frame 121). That would be 2. Now do 2 less Chatot Chatters. This time, it might be shiny. If it isn't, just keep adjusting what you hit to get the frame.
    Last edited by Tarro57; 8th August 2011 at 10:17 PM.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Alright, I think there are NPCs in that area, so, everytime you encounter the Landorus, catch it and see what frame you got it at by finding the Nature that it was in the RNG Reporter, then, adjust your next try to get the right frame. Ex.
    I did that, that's why I found my SSF lol.
    My Pokécheck

You're probably not hitting your seed Caboose. Make sure you can hit constantly before going for the PID

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    You're probably not hitting your seed Caboose. Make sure you can hit constantly before going for the PID
    I know I hit the seed because the IV's are correct almost each time :/ lol
    It might be my L or R buttons...
    Last edited by ||Caboose||; 8th August 2011 at 10:45 PM.
    My Pokécheck

I know I hit the seed because the IV's are correct each time :/ lol
    It might be my L or R buttons...
    Do you have the right ID/SID in? Check again because I was trying to RNG with the Wrong ID/SID, I found out after about an hour, so double check that.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

-RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.

Do you have the right ID/SID in? Check again because I was trying to RNG with the Wrong ID/SID, I found out after about an hour, so double check that.
    Yes, I do have the right ID...
    My Pokécheck

Yes, I do have the right ID...
    Double Checked? Erase the ones in RNG Reporter and type them in again...
    See if that helps...

_____

The NPCs in the Abundant Shrine don't move, so they shouldn't advance your frame at all. When I caught mine, I used the same seed that I used for all the other stationaries (which obviously didn't have NPCs) and got him my first try. Just thought you should be aware of my experience.
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

I got my Landorus (in a pokeball). It was my L button that was messing me up, and thats weird Darth, I had to find my SSF...

#645 Landorus
    OT:Dakota| ID:51556|Nature:Jolly|Ability:Sand Force
    Type:Ground/Flying|Capture Location:Abundant Shrin e
    Moves: Earthquake,Sandstorm,Fissure, Rock Slide
    IVs:31/31/13/31/12/31
    My Pokécheck

I got my Landorus (in a pokeball). It was my L button that was messing me up, and thats weird Darth, I had to find my SSF...

#645 Landorus
    There's 1 WNPC in the abundant shrine. You can battle him to stop him from moving. darth probably battled him before catching Landorus.

Congrats on your Landorus. Why the low Def and SpDef though? No Synchronizer?

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    There's 1 WNPC in the abundant shrine. You can battle him to stop him from moving. darth probably battled him before catching Landorus.

That's probably exactly what it was, I forgot I did battle them all while I was there to get the TMs in the area. Congrats, Caboose.

#645 Landorus
    Cool! Glad you got him. The IVs could have been perfect, but whatever, I haven't gone for the flawless yet... I'll do that once I get all the Pokemon I want...

Out of boredom, I decided to breed this little lady...

Ferroseed | OT:Malice
    Sassy | Iron Barbs | Hatched: 8/8/11 | Route 3
    Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Seed Bomb | Gyro Ball
    31/31/31/31/31/0

#645 Landorus
    Looks good Caboose I just got my Landorus recently but its not shiny *Sigh* should've been patient but mines flawless so it makes up for it

I really didn't care about flawlessness since I don't need it on my team, I can try for it again on Black, and didn't feel like searching another month (I let it look through all of August). It sucks that there was no vs. seeker this gen though so I didn't have to find my SSF.
    My Pokécheck

For Kyurem, does the snow (hail?) outside his cavern advance the PIDRNG frame? If it does, I'm screwed.

I'm trying to shoot for a seed that calls for IV frame 5 and PID frame 157 (just in case, I have a second seed of IV frame 6, and PID frame 246).

Quote Originally Posted by longchu View Post
    For Kyurem, does the snow (hail?) outside his cavern advance the PIDRNG frame? If it does, I'm screwed.

I'm trying to shoot for a seed that calls for IV frame 5 and PID frame 157 (just in case, I have a second seed of IV frame 6, and PID frame 246).
    Make your IV frame 1 to make it easier on yourself si you don't need to advance the IV and PID frames. Also, which Pokemon are you gping for, if it is Kyurem, nothing in his cavern advances the PID Frame. The hail outside his cavern isn't there when the bushes of grass are there, and there isn't any Pokemon you can catch in that hail either, so, no, the hail doesn't advance the PIDRNG frame UNLESS you're actually in it.

Edit/Question: If I'm going to RNG a shiny Tornadus, do I start inside the house of the old Lady, save, do my seed, walk outside, see the Tornadus and look at my Pokedex to see if it was a shiny Tornadus, and if it is I go catch it?
    Last edited by Tarro57; 9th August 2011 at 2:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longchu View Post

If you want to use an IV frame higher than 1, you're going to have to find a seed with a PID of 290+ minimum, depending on your starting frame (the steps you take to advance your IV frame advance your PID by 2 each as well). Look for a seed with an IV frame of one to make it much easier on yourself. It may take a little longer to find, but will be worth it in the end.

Just Fossilized him...

It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

First fossil of mine.

Edit/Question: If I'm going to RNG a shiny Tornadus, do I start inside the house of the old Lady, save, do my seed, walk outside, see the Tornadus and look at my Pokedex to see if it was a shiny Tornadus, and if it is I go catch it?
    If you want a shiny Tornadus only search the summer months. You need a month where it doesn't snow or rain on route 7. Also make sure the season changes to summer before you save inside the house. You want to make it so that you don't get the season change message when you exit the house.

More roamer stuff

If you want a shiny Tornadus only search the summer months. You need a month where it doesn't snow or rain on route 7. Also make sure the season changes to summer before you save inside the house. You want to make it so that you don't get the season change message when you exit the house.

More roamer stuff
    I can't do it on this file anymore... I saved inside the house without my Chatots for some stupid reason... D: I'll do it on my next file!

I can't do it on this file anymore... I saved inside the house without my Chatots for some stupid reason... D: I'll do it on my next file!
    If you have access to another DS you can use IR trading to get Chatots.

EDIT: Also what darth says is true. Shiny roamers are the second hardest things to RNG in B/W. The hardest being entralink Pokemon.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 10th August 2011 at 2:47 AM.

Page 13 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast