Page 159 of 287 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 7151

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

I've also been trying to breed RNG for quite a while (started the other day, took a break and now I'm trying again).

I took a pic of what I have on the reporter.... I just want to know if I filled out things correctly and chose the right options. Also for the IVs displayed on the main window... can't I get them more specific than this? I tried clicking "display parents in search" but this is what I get.

Also the SF the reporter gives me is higher than 40 but I just set it to 40 to see more results just in case (just a note). My biggest problem is that I keep getting Adamant nature, but when I look at the main Window it says Adamant is supposed to have flawless Defense and SpD but I get flawless Defense and SpA on it...
    (Note that the frame I have highlighted is just an accident for the main window but the frame I have highlighted in the egg tab is the seed I'm working on. Also note that both Adamant frames on the main window are supposed to have def and spd flawless).
    Last edited by Lineaire; 29th February 2012 at 6:21 AM.
    FC: 4685 2534 5597.

DW: Larvitar, Lickitung, Mawile, Mankey, Slowpoke, Wooper, Tentacool, Vulpix, Eevee, Dratini, Magikarp, Girafarig, Bagon.

Legendaries: Kyurem (Jolly), Cobalion (Bold), Flawless Virizion (Timid), Flawless Cobalion (Jolly).

Other: Happiny, Hoppip, Wooper, Aron, Budew, Wurmple, Ralts, Togepi, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Treeko, Chikorita, Mudkip, Totodile, Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig, Panpour, Pansage, Pansear, Shroomish, Gastly (got it from the Dream World but either way it only has one ability), Nincada, Snorunt, Rotom, Gligar and maybe some pokemon I'm forgetting about...

Also have Pokerus and 1 Master Ball for trade.

I'm at PID Frame 51, I need to reach PID Frame 10.674.
    What's the best way to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    No they don't. By hatching your egg and matching it with adjacent frames within your seed on the main window is how you find your starting frame. And that would only waste your time because when you go and save by the man the NPCs can move a different amount of times. A seed doesn't have a specific amount of NPC movement.
    Oh, I thought NPCs had set movements depending on a seed. Oh well.

Though, am I correct in assuming that since there are only 4 NPCs (by my count) that it would be a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 8 movements they could do to the PID thing if it were possible for them to move up to twice in the 1-2 seconds it takes for me to take the egg?

I plan to try doing the actuall required advancements a few times, then one less advancement a few times, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineaire View Post
    I've also been trying to breed RNG for quite a while (started the other day, took a break and now I'm trying again).

I took a pic of what I have on the reporter.... I just want to know if I filled out things correctly and chose the right options. Also for the IVs displayed on the main window... can't I get them more specific than this? I tried clicking "display parents in search" but this is what I get.

Also the SF the reporter gives me is higher than 40 but I just set it to 40 to see more results just in case (just a note). My biggest problem is that I keep getting Adamant nature, but when I look at the main Window it says Adamant is supposed to have flawless Defense and SpD but I get flawless Defense and SpA on it...
    (Note that the frame I have highlighted is just an accident for the main window but the frame I have highlighted in the egg tab is the seed I'm working on. Also note that both Adamant frames on the main window are supposed to have def and spd flawless).
    Maybe you're not hitting your correct seed. Other than that you're doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    You don't that is extremely high and will take you hours of chatot flipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Acio29619 View Post

Though, am I correct in assuming that since there are only 4 NPCs (by my count) that it would be a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 8 movements they could do to the PID thing if it were possible for them to move up to twice in the 1-2 seconds it takes for me to take the egg?

I plan to try doing the actuall required advancements a few times, then one less advancement a few times, etc.
    That's about right.

Okay thanks. It is kinda hard for me to look at the RNG window to see what frame I hit because I'm breeding for a Vulpix, and it has only two possible abilities making the 1-0 slot worthless (though sometimes the DW true/false area helps sometimes) and there are a lot of Timid natures around what I am trying to hit.

Spoiler:- pic:

i heard that there was a bug with 9.94 that switched a few IVs around so that may explain why your results are a bit off. Try adjusting you PID advancements and see what you get

pick a different seed

there is actually one one NPC that advances the PID. NPCs dont advance your PID from its Wandering NPC, the ones that move around with out a set path, that advance your PID frame. So, the only NPC advancing your frame would be that school teacher next to the wall that wanders around. Also, WNPCs advance the PID frame in an uncontrollable fashion so there would be no way to know how many frames they advance the PID by. Just grab the egg asap and find your SSF. From there just try and do the required number of flips and see what you get. Adjust and try again

EDIT: Ninja'd twice in one night *sigh*
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

^So if that one NPC is moving the PID in an unspecified way, is it possible that I can hit my frame by just doing the frame minus the initial frame? I'm gonna get the egg a few times without advancing though just to be sure.

Well I finally hit my Flawless Naive zorua. It's not shiny though (but I wasn't aiming for shiny so that's the correct result) Shiny zorua is nice but I prefer non-shiny zoroark... that and I only know the SID for Black Cartridge (which isn't mine, but the owner let's me use it for certain RNGs like the second DW RNG I did since he was making a new file and I RNGed Pokemon for him/RNGed his ID/SID for him... I'm hoping to borrow his cart again to RNG Cottonee actually) I know I can get my own SID if I upload a pokemon to Pokecheck but I don't want to upload my pokemon files to...well...any site Seems too weird to me. I might start my White over one day though... till then I can borrow the Black Cart lol. Uh... anyway sorry for rambling.

But, how could I have been hitting the wrong seed? I mean basically this is how my RNGing process went: if I spammed my buttons quickly: Adamant nature (frame 55) but the IVs don't match (flawless def and spA instead of flawless def and spD). Spam not as quickly: Mild (56) which is right under Adamant but again the IVs are weird. If I do it quickly with 2 Chatot flips: Lax, which is right under Mild and two frames away from Adamant... So it seems consistent no? I based my final chatot flips on the Adamant Frame, so I did 35 flips to get to 90 and... I got the right Nature with the right IVs. So it's a bit confusing. I got the right result but the process seems so weird.

DW: Larvitar, Lickitung, Mawile, Mankey, Slowpoke, Wooper, Tentacool, Vulpix, Eevee, Dratini, Magikarp, Girafarig, Bagon.

Legendaries: Kyurem (Jolly), Cobalion (Bold), Flawless Virizion (Timid), Flawless Cobalion (Jolly).

Other: Happiny, Hoppip, Wooper, Aron, Budew, Wurmple, Ralts, Togepi, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Treeko, Chikorita, Mudkip, Totodile, Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig, Panpour, Pansage, Pansear, Shroomish, Gastly (got it from the Dream World but either way it only has one ability), Nincada, Snorunt, Rotom, Gligar and maybe some pokemon I'm forgetting about...

You were breeding right? Apparently one of the moving NPCs advances the PID in an unspecified way which means that every time you tried to hit your PID frame the NPC could have advanced it a different amount.

Also, I don't think you send actual files from your game to Pokecheck. You just change your DS' DNS(?) settings and you attempt to deposit the pokemon you want to check into the GTS. It will fail and then pokecheck will have the information of what you tried to send.

^So if that one NPC is moving the PID in an unspecified way, is it possible that I can hit my frame by just doing the frame minus the initial frame? I'm gonna get the egg a few times without advancing though just to be sure.
    the NPC will advance your frame before you even gain control of your character so you should still find your SSF first

Well I finally hit my Flawless Naive zorua. It's not shiny though (but I wasn't aiming for shiny so that's the correct result) Shiny zorua is nice but I prefer non-shiny zoroark... that and I only know the SID for Black Cartridge (which isn't mine, but the owner let's me use it for certain RNGs like the second DW RNG I did since he was making a new file and I RNGed Pokemon for him/RNGed his ID/SID for him... I'm hoping to borrow his cart again to RNG Cottonee actually) I know I can get my own SID if I upload a pokemon to Pokecheck but I don't want to upload my pokemon files to...well...any site Seems too weird to me. I might start my White over one day though... till then I can borrow the Black Cart lol. Uh... anyway sorry for rambling.

But, how could I have been hitting the wrong seed? I mean basically this is how my RNGing process went: if I spammed my buttons quickly: Adamant nature (frame 55) but the IVs don't match (flawless def and spA instead of flawless def and spD). Spam not as quickly: Mild (56) which is right under Adamant but again the IVs are weird. If I do it quickly with 2 Chatot flips: Lax, which is right under Mild and two frames away from Adamant... So it seems consistent no? I based my final chatot flips on the Adamant Frame, so I did 35 flips to get to 90 and... I got the right Nature with the right IVs. So it's a bit confusing. I got the right result but the process seems so weird.
    it was probably just the NPCs messing with your PID frame. As for your SID you could just catch a random patrat that means nothing to you and upload it if that makes you feel better. Or, i could upload your Arceus you traded me to pokecheck and find it for you if you prefer

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Ello peeps~ just checking in, been a while since my last RNG, mareep. well not that long, like 2 weeks or something. Going for my next target, flawless female snorunt :3 I'll post in when I get it~ I'm on... try 4 or so. mostly trying to figure out my correct starting frame. there's like 2 that match my no advancements results like right next to each other. I'm thinking I have it this time tho
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    the NPC will advance your frame before you even gain control of your character so you should still find your SSF first

it was probably just the NPCs messing with your PID frame. As for your SID you could just catch a random patrat that means nothing to you and upload it if that makes you feel better. Or, i could upload your Arceus you traded me to pokecheck and find it for you if you prefer
    Actually that technically wouldn't work. xD The Arceus I RNGed for you was RNGed on the Black Cart I borrowed (don't worry, I had full permission to RNG it [he already got the DW Arceus but wanted to start over his file and have me RNG his ID/SID for him]. So you didn't get any stolen Pokemon or anything XD) That's why the Arceus has a nice ID of 44444 actually. That's the ID I RNGed for him because he loves the number 4. @_@

But yeah... if I upload say... a patrat to pokecheck. Wouldn't everyone be able to see my ID/SID too? I know it doesn't really matter if someone knows my SID (although it certainly makes it.... not so secret)... just wondering though. Also does Pokecheck need my Mac address if I upload a Pokemon on it...? I really don't understand the process at all, I never even signed up.

Edit: Wrote OT instead of ID and missed a 4. Fixed now.
    Last edited by Lineaire; 29th February 2012 at 7:31 AM.

You don't need to sign up to it. You only need to make a slight change to you DS system and that is it. No one can see your information unless they get one of your pokemon and upload it themselves.

The process is explained in the home page.

I just RNGed my first shiny!

Actually that technically wouldn't work. xD The Arceus I RNGed for you was RNGed on the Black Cart I borrowed (don't worry, I had full permission to RNG it [he already got the DW Arceus but wanted to start over his file and have me RNG his ID/SID for him]. So you didn't get any stolen Pokemon or anything XD) That's why the Arceus has a nice ID of 44444 actually. That's the ID I RNGed for him because he loves the number 4. @_@

But yeah... if I upload say... a patrat to pokecheck. Wouldn't everyone be able to see my ID/SID too? I know it doesn't really matter if someone knows my SID (although it certainly makes it.... not so secret)... just wondering though. Also does Pokecheck need my Mac address if I upload a Pokemon on it...? I really don't understand the process at all, I never even signed up.

Edit: Wrote OT instead of ID and missed a 4. Fixed now.
    like Acio said, no one will be able to see the ID/SID unless you make the pokemon public and leave it on pokecheck. Even then, the odds of someone finding your random patrat are so slim it will probably never happen I just upload my pokemon, save the file, then delete it. You could always do that too As for using pokecheck you just need to change your DNS serve to 88.191.118.153 and the pokecheck home page will explain how to do this with the help of picture and all

congrats!

You don't need to sign up to it. You only need to make a slight change to you DS system and that is it. No one can see your information unless they get one of your pokemon and upload it themselves.

The process is explained in the home page.
    I still don't really like what they ask you to do... It just doesn't sit right with me. Sorry if it makes no sense to some of you but I rather not use it since I'll probably restart my file at some point (although obviously if someone wants to upload a Pokemon I trade to them there's nothing I can do and it's fine by me). I'm planning on restarting my game eventually anyway (probably when I RNG my entire PvP team, EV train them and then I'll use them in my new file for faster progress and to level them up for PvP). So it's really no biggy. The only member of my PvP team I'm planning on making shiny right now is Vulpix/Ninetales and I already got permission to RNG it on the Black Cart a while ago so it's all good~ And when I'm serious about Shiny RNGing on my White cart I'll just RNG my ID and SID. Problem solved! xD My concern for Pokecheck might just be ignorance on my part though.

But hey, I mean if I ever don't feel like restarting... Pokecheck is still an option. I'm not well informed on what DNS even is, it's just that purposely getting an error when on GTS/changing something on my system to connect to something else just feels weird.

Why does serebii seem to look down on Pokecheck anyway? What's their reasoning? I've seen it mentioned as not so great by the site's standards, or to not talk about using it or something.

Dewey: Thanks, I didn't know you could delete the file of a Pokemon you upload.
    Last edited by Lineaire; 29th February 2012 at 7:47 AM.

Why does serebii seem to look down on Pokecheck anyway? What's their reasoning? I've seen it mentioned as not so great by the site's standards, or to not talk about using it or something.

Dewey: Thanks, I didn't know you could delete the file of a Pokemon you upload.
    Your Welcome

I think the issue with pokecheck is it goes against the general forum rule of "dont link to other sites," a rule that is often ignored, even by the mods who link to pictures host on other sites. Another issue is that pokecheck is a legality checker, but hacks are not removed from the site (how else could you know your pokemon was hacked if it was removed right away?) So anyone could go onto pokecheck and download a flawless shiny Reshiram and trade it around. Also, pokecheck is still in its Beta stage (dont let that fool you though, its still pretty damn good!) and Serebii might feel that it isnt quite up to par yet.

thats all just my speculation and i have heard many users complain about that rule on Serebii. One user was even starting a petition of sorts trying to get support from the community so he could bring the issue to the moderators and see if he could get that rule changed. No news yet though -.-

Congratz

and here's my personal victory~:

Snorut | Timid |
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    Egg Moves: Spikes | Hidden Power Dark 70
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Your Welcome

I think the issue with pokecheck is it goes against the general forum rule of "dont link to other sites," a rule that is often ignored, even by the mods who link to pictures host on other sites. Another issue is that pokecheck is a legality checker, but hacks are not removed from the site (how else could you know your pokemon was hacked if it was removed right away?) So anyone could go onto pokecheck and download a flawless shiny Reshiram and trade it around. Also, pokecheck is still in its Beta stage (dont let that fool you though, its still pretty damn good!) and Serebii might feel that it isnt quite up to par yet.

thats all just my speculation and i have heard many users complain about that rule on Serebii. One user was even starting a petition of sorts trying to get support from the community so he could bring the issue to the moderators and see if he could get that rule changed. No news yet though -.-
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

Also how do you guys do that fancy format to show your successes? xD Mostly by that I mean where do you guys get those Pokemon images to paste on your post with the pokeball picture and all.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Also how do you guys do that fancy format to show your successes? xD Mostly by that I mean where do you guys get those Pokemon images to paste on your post with the pokeball picture and all.
    Pokecheck.org... Go figure.

Haaaa... yeah.

I checked it out. Least you don't have to upload to Pokecheck for an image. xD You can just search for what your success is and find the appropriate pokeball. Unless... the species you caught isn't on there but that doesn't seem likely.
    Last edited by Lineaire; 29th February 2012 at 8:24 AM.

lol, ironic isn't it Well, if you warm up to pokecheck, here's the format I use

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/xxx.gif
    #163 Hoothoot | Normal/Flying | Male | Poké Ball
    Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia | Hidden Power: Fire (70)
    Date: 2/5/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
    IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | Egg Move(s): Agility, Whirlwind, Mirror Move, FeatherDance

I copied it off of someone else when i first learned to RNG and then changed it to fit my style and likes. If you fill in the "xxx" with the dex number of a pokemon and wrap an image tag around it it will look something like this

Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia | Hidden Power: Fire (70)
    IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | Egg Move(s): Agility, Whirlwind, Mirror Move, FeatherDance

from there you just change the info to match your RNG and change the format to suit your taste. Feel free to use the same format if you like it, we all pretty much use the same format, just slightly different depending on the RNGer.

and thanks for the opportunity to show off my latest RNG XD
    Last edited by dewey911p; 29th February 2012 at 8:32 AM.

Just going to ask. Lineaire, do you not like pokecheck?

lol, ironic isn't it Well, if you warm up to pokecheck, here's the format I use

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/xxx.gif
    Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia| Hidden Power: Fire (70)

I copied it off of someone else when i first learned to RNG and then changed it to fit my style and likes. If you fill in the "xxx" with the dex number of a pokemon and wrap an image tag around it it will look something like this

Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia| Hidden Power: Fire (70)

from there you just change the info to match your RNG and change the format to suit your taste. Feel free to use the same format if you like it, we all pretty much use the same format, just slightly different depending on the RNGer.

and thanks for the opportunity to show off my latest RNG XD
    It's sorta ironic but I don't have to use pokecheck for my game/system to use the images at least. xD I'll try the format out:

#570 Zorua | Dark | Male | Poké Ball
    Nature: Naive | Ability: Illusion| Hidden Power: Dark (70)
    Date: 2/3/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Scratch, Leer (not interesting I know)

But yeah... You guys are so helpful haha. I was lurking on this thread when I first started to RNG and honing my skills for Stationaries and Entralink but it's nice to be able to ask my own questions even if they might have been answered before.

TDawg: I'm uneasy about using the site myself to upload (but I might come around since it seems useful) but it's a good option to have for those who want to use it. There are risk involves (Like Dewey said, downloading hacks) but most things have risks I think.

It's sorta ironic but I don't have to use pokecheck for my game/system to use the images at least. xD I'll try the format out:

#570 Zorua | Dark | Male | Poké Ball
    Nature: Naive | Ability: Illusion| Hidden Power: Dark (70)
    Date: 2/3/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Scratch, Leer (not interesting I know)

But yeah... You guys are so helpful haha. I was lurking on this thread when I first started to RNG and honing my skills for Stationaries and Entralink but it's nice to be able to ask my own questions even if they might have been answered before.

TDawg: I'm uneasy about using the site myself to upload (but I might come around since it seems useful) but it's a good option to have for those who want to use it. There are risk involves (Like Dewey said, downloading hacks) but most things have risks I think.
    Nice Zorua and I like how you were honing your skills with the Entralink :P Like the biggest pain in the *** RNG in 5th Gen.

Ah well if you make an account you can make your pokemon private. I have bunch of my pokes on there, but you could never download them because they're set to private. It also helps with tranferring 4th gen pokes to 5th gen so I don't have to send 6 pokemon up everytime on Poketransfer.

Page 159 of 287 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast