Page 162 of 287 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 7152

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #4026
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrader View Post
    My first post in this thread and my first Gen IV RNG.


    #144 Articuno| | - |
    Calm| Pressure | Often Dozes Off.
    01/01/2011 | Seafoam Islands | Lvl. 50
    31/31/31/31/31/31

    I'd like to thank TDawg for the help, it was more tedious than anything but I still prefer Gen V RNGing.
    This is a great job. Glad to help man

  2. #4027
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Moving a pokemon in my party advances how many PID frames?
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  3. #4028
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    Moving a pokemon in my party advances how many PID frames?
    0

    now if you move a pokemon from your PC to your party, or if you pick up an egg, that will advance your IV frame by 7, but it still wont affect your PID frame at all
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  4. #4029
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    0

    now if you move a pokemon from your PC to your party, or if you pick up an egg, that will advance your IV frame by 7, but it still wont affect your PID frame at all
    Alright, thanks, then my problem is bigger than i thought.

    Here is what's going on:
    I have a seed with IV frame 6 and Shiny frame 527.
    I am hitting my seed, I know because every time, after walking 120 steps a Dust Cloud appears behind Cobalion.
    My starting frame is 56, I'm walking 128 steps with 5 pokémons in my party.
    So I advanced 312 times my PID frame. I do 215 Chatot flips. I interect with Cobalion and it's not the Cobalion I want.

    I already tried to find a frame 1 seed, but had no success. What am I doing wrong?
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  5. #4030
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    Alright, thanks, then my problem is bigger than i thought.

    Here is what's going on:
    I have a seed with IV frame 6 and Shiny frame 527.
    I am hitting my seed, I know because every time, after walking 120 steps a Dust Cloud appears behind Cobalion.
    My starting frame is 56, I'm walking 128 steps with 5 pokémons in my party.
    So I advanced 312 times my PID frame. I do 215 Chatot flips. I interect with Cobalion and it's not the Cobalion I want.

    I already tried to find a frame 1 seed, but had no success. What am I doing wrong?
    Are you running? If so only steps count as 2 PID advancements, but if you are on bike or walking the advancements are 2 for both the steps and the amount turns you do.

  6. #4031
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Are you running? If so only steps count as 2 PID advancements, but if you are on bike or walking the advancements are 2 for both the steps and the amount turns you do.
    Yes, I'm always running, so the turns do not count to my PID frame.
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  7. #4032
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    Yes, I'm always running, so the turns do not count to my PID frame.
    Are you catching the Cobalion to see if you at least hit your seed and see if you are close to your frame so you can make adjustments?

  8. #4033
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Are you catching the Cobalion to see if you at least hit your seed and see if you are close to your frame so you can make adjustments?
    Yes I did, It's always a penta flawless Lonely Cobalion. And I started checking from frame 215 to see if I could figure out which frame I hit, but there are a LOT of Lonely Cobalions, so it's almost impossible to find out exactly where I am.


    Edit: I'll try doing 1 less advance without my lead syncer a few times. I'll try to figure out which frame I really am.
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  9. #4034
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    Yes I did, It's always a penta flawless Lonely Cobalion. And I started checking from frame 215 to see if I could figure out which frame I hit, but there are a LOT of Lonely Cobalions, so it's almost impossible to find out exactly where I am.


    Edit: I'll try doing 1 less advance without my lead syncer a few times. I'll try to figure out which frame I really am.
    Also looks at the characteristics. If that doesn't help then try to RNG it, but just the seed and talk to Cobalion.

  10. #4035
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    hmmmmm i had that problem breeding since there were alot of relaxed nature ferroseeds so it took me some time to get my ferroseed until i relized to listen to the chatot sound to determine the frame...you will get it in no time sweetie...also i guess my question was ignored last time...has anyone have been having problems with the seeds being off without the everstone?? I had it set to none and no pokes in the daycare are with items...I use the everstone and i hit the seeds just fine just without it it acts funny...is there a explanation to this??

  11. #4036
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Also looks at the characteristics. If that doesn't help then try to RNG it, but just the seed and talk to Cobalion.
    Alright, let's see if i can figure this out.



    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hmmmmm i had that problem breeding since there were alot of relaxed nature ferroseeds so it took me some time to get my ferroseed until i relized to listen to the chatot sound to determine the frame...you will get it in no time sweetie...also i guess my question was ignored last time...has anyone have been having problems with the seeds being off without the everstone?? I had it set to none and no pokes in the daycare are with items...I use the everstone and i hit the seeds just fine just without it it acts funny...is there a explanation to this??
    Yea, I hope so, and about your question, I never tried without the everstone, so I really don't know =/
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  12. #4037
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hmmmmm i had that problem breeding since there were alot of relaxed nature ferroseeds so it took me some time to get my ferroseed until i relized to listen to the chatot sound to determine the frame...you will get it in no time sweetie...also i guess my question was ignored last time...has anyone have been having problems with the seeds being off without the everstone?? I had it set to none and no pokes in the daycare are with items...I use the everstone and i hit the seeds just fine just without it it acts funny...is there a explanation to this??
    Probably just your timer0 messing with you. tends to that to everyone.

  13. #4038
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hmmmmm i had that problem breeding since there were alot of relaxed nature ferroseeds so it took me some time to get my ferroseed until i relized to listen to the chatot sound to determine the frame...you will get it in no time sweetie...also i guess my question was ignored last time...has anyone have been having problems with the seeds being off without the everstone?? I had it set to none and no pokes in the daycare are with items...I use the everstone and i hit the seeds just fine just without it it acts funny...is there a explanation to this??
    having a pokemon hold the everstone effects the PID frame. I think it pushes it back one. Thats a horrible explination so let me clarify with an example. If you have a shiny PID frame of 90 and you give a pokemon an everstone, the shiny PID frame will move to 89/91 (i dont remember if it goes up or down) So, if you searched for a seed in time finder, but left an everstone nature in there by accident, all of your frames are off by about 1. if this is what you did then just take one pokemon out and give it an everstone to hold. As long as the nature that time finder gave you didnt come from the everstone then it will still work. If you didnt mark the everstone down in time finder then im not sure what could be happening.

    Im not sure if that made much sense and im not sure i understand how this function of the game mechanics works, but thats what seems to be the case based on observation. Its the same with a ditto parent (another issue you may be having, so make sure that box is checked if it should be)
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  14. #4039
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Probably just your timer0 messing with you. tends to that to everyone.
    ahhh okay thought it was me lol...thanks Tdawg yeah my ferroseed keep messing with me come to think of it...yeah when i went to hit the seed it keeped being off by one up one frame or down one frame...I advance the frame like the same too...I listened to the chatot too to help...then there he was Ill keep at it though for what im doing...someone wants something so im trying to get it for them...

  15. #4040
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I figured it out, for some reason doing 215 Chatot Flips took me to frame 555 instead of 527. After some effort I RNGed my Shiny Jolly Cobalion!
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  16. #4041
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    I figured it out, for some reason doing 215 Chatot Flips took me to frame 555 instead of 527. After some effort I RNGed my Shiny Jolly Cobalion!
    Gasp ! Awesome Soueto!

  17. #4042
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    having a pokemon hold the everstone effects the PID frame. I think it pushes it back one. Thats a horrible explination so let me clarify with an example. If you have a shiny PID frame of 90 and you give a pokemon an everstone, the shiny PID frame will move to 89/91 (i dont remember if it goes up or down) So, if you searched for a seed in time finder, but left an everstone nature in there by accident, all of your frames are off by about 1. if this is what you did then just take one pokemon out and give it an everstone to hold. As long as the nature that time finder gave you didnt come from the everstone then it will still work. If you didnt mark the everstone down in time finder then im not sure what could be happening.

    Im not sure if that made much sense and im not sure i understand how this function of the game mechanics works, but thats what seems to be the case based on observation. Its the same with a ditto parent (another issue you may be having, so make sure that box is checked if it should be)
    nope both parents had no items held and all the boxes were unchecked like the should of been :/ not sure whats going on like Tdawg said the timer may of been messing with me...I just got something with the everstone no problem :/ thanks for trying though...Ill try to figure out later what i did wrong without the everstone...

    also good job Soueto on that shiny Cobalion!
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 2nd March 2012 at 6:48 AM.

  18. #4043
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Gasp ! Awesome Soueto!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    also good job Soueto on that shiny Cobalion!
    Thanks, and I just got the shiny Virizion too, on the first try. Frame 1, always easier...
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  19. #4044
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    nope both parents had no items held and all the boxes were unchecked like the should of been :/ not sure whats going on like Tdawg said the timer may of been messing with me...I just got something with the everstone no problem :/ thanks for trying though...Ill try to figure out later what i did wrong without the everstone...

    also good job Soueto on that shiny Cobalion!
    Would you could do is get your parameters again, but do it like 5 times and make sure the timer0 you have is the more common one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soueto View Post
    Thanks, and I just got the shiny Virizion too, on the first try. Frame 1, always easier...
    Always nice to see someone succeed.

    EDIT: A BP for someone. Don't ask me why they wanted a Hasty nature because I do not know. lol


    #037 Vulpix | | ♀ [Shiny] / ♂ [Normal]
    Hasty | Drought | Mischievous.
    01/17/2011 | Desert Resort | Lvl. 1
    31/31/31/31/31/30 | Ice 70
    Hypnosis
    Last edited by TDawg; 2nd March 2012 at 8:53 AM.

  20. #4045
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    well got three rng in for the night


    male
    ability: flash fire
    hp: ground
    iv spread 31/31/31/30/30/31


    female
    ability:drought
    hp: ground
    iv spread: 31/31/31/30/30/31


    female
    ability: drought
    hp:ground
    iv spread: 31/31/31/30/30/31

  21. #4046
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default


    Agonist | 00001 | Quiet | Pressure
    31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 2 {Fire 70}
    Imprison | Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Endeavor
    UT @ Lv. 75


    Felt like doing something different with this. Got lucky again, and caught it in the first ball I threw.

  22. #4047
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default


    'Gallileo'
    Staryu *shiny*
    OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
    Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water/Psychic
    Location: Celestial Tower | Met: 2/9/2012 (Hatched)
    IV: 31/30/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
    Moves: Tackle | Harden


    'Centari'
    Staryu *shiny*
    OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Timid | Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
    Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water/Psychic
    Location: Marvelous Bridge | Met: 2/9/2012 (Hatched)
    IV: 31/30/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
    Moves: Tackle | Harden

    Bred a few of these, just because shiny Starmie is so cool looking.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  23. #4048
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post

    'Gallileo'
    Staryu *shiny*
    OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
    Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water/Psychic
    Location: Celestial Tower | Met: 2/9/2012 (Hatched)
    IV: 31/30/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
    Moves: Tackle | Harden


    'Centari'
    Staryu *shiny*
    OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Timid | Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
    Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water/Psychic
    Location: Marvelous Bridge | Met: 2/9/2012 (Hatched)
    IV: 31/30/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
    Moves: Tackle | Harden

    Bred a few of these, just because shiny Starmie is so cool looking.
    Very nice work! Do you trade any of them?
    Black FC: 0862 7889 3773

  24. #4049

    Default

    Coming back to RNGing because I'm bored at the story atm [mainly because the starters are ****]

    Working on RNGing all of Unova. About 31 Pokemon left.

    Kind of tricky getting back into it after a 5-6 month break.. but so far, the updated Reporter seems fine, and i have all the requirements.

    Game on.

  25. #4050
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Coming back to RNGing because I'm bored at the story atm [mainly because the starters are ****]

    Working on RNGing all of Unova. About 31 Pokemon left.

    Kind of tricky getting back into it after a 5-6 month break.. but so far, the updated Reporter seems fine, and i have all the requirements.

    Game on.
    But Oshawott is so awesome! Otherwise they're all trash imo. Even his own evolutions.

Page 162 of 287 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •