Page 168 of 286 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond, king of ducks View Post
    Reposting this. Don't know where I messed up :<
    try using a sweet scenter instead and sweet scent as soon as you load the game.

alternatively, did you enter the exact time and date that you loaded your game at from the main menu? Make sure its down to the second and make sure its from when you load the game from the main DS screen and not when you enter the game world from the main game screen
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I'm very close to a shiny HP Ice Thundurus. I just hit 692 after 106 Chatters, from my SSF of 578.

And Zekrom is generally mixed, hence why I chose a Naive nature for the Zekrom in my sig. Also useful because it only took 3 saves, since I obv. didn't have Chatots in N's Castle.

Eh, might as well RNG a Timid Reshiram when the event comes out on the 10th.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 6th March 2012 at 1:44 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Lol yeah like it will ever play with those guys competitively :P

Anyways I got a question for you. I saw the Jolly 3rd Gen Gyara you have on Pokecheck. What area did you use to catch that? I assume you used the frame 59550. But the area I am got a method H-4 poke? Can I change that some how so I can get method h-2? Or am I out of luck?
    iirc Method 4 still has the same IVs, just a different nature, same as Method 1 compared to Method 2. allright, so it doesn't, it has the first half of the ivs. Hmm. I seem to remember people saying that if you save that generally the game goes back to producing M2 frames again. But I caught it in Sootopolis surfing, so I don't know if that'll help or not. And yeah, that's the frame I used. It occurs pretty frequently, so it's rather easy to hit. Also, I'm sort of out of date with the method H-2 now, as I just used the spreadsheets downloadable from Smogon's rng article, and that is extremely outdated.
    Last edited by Agonist; 6th March 2012 at 3:28 PM.

I am still having issues with getting a hex flawless mewtwo.... I have now got 2 chatots with custom chatters. I have destroyed my black city now =/..... (my people from my gf's white city are gone....) I start the right time, and I do the right amount of chatot flips, yet I still don't get my mewtwo with the IV's and nature I want. I set the search for 1 under ability, and genderless if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Schro View Post
    I am still having issues with getting a hex flawless mewtwo.... I have now got 2 chatots with custom chatters. I have destroyed my black city now =/..... (my people from my gf's white city are gone....) I start the right time, and I do the right amount of chatot flips, yet I still don't get my mewtwo with the IV's and nature I want. I set the search for 1 under ability, and genderless if that makes any difference.
    What pokemon center are you using? If you're not using the pokemon center in the E4, use that, since there are no NPCs.

Aye I am using the E4 poke center. Maybe I should do some more seeds, I either get C7C or C7B is that normal?

It could be the timer0 messing up, probably what happened to me. Just test the parameters to make sure the timer0 is the most common and correct one. Otherwise IDK.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Schro View Post
    Aye I am using the E4 poke center. Maybe I should do some more seeds, I either get C7C or C7B is that normal?
    Which one do you hit the most?

Also, you may want to experiment with exactly when you press A to start the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    try using a sweet scenter instead and sweet scent as soon as you load the game.

alternatively, did you enter the exact time and date that you loaded your game at from the main menu? Make sure its down to the second and make sure its from when you load the game from the main DS screen and not when you enter the game world from the main game screen
    Yeah, I tried that. And of couse I was using the right time :V

The search thing is still giving me 0 results out of like 40,000.
    NewWhite2 FC: 4943-3678-5904
    White FC: 4900-3303-1247

Alright I've found a seed I want to use for my Suicune. Is this a reasonable frame for a shiny?

PID: 866503E8 (Bold, ability 0), IVs: 30/28/25/31/31/31, seed: BF010228, delay: 540 (year: 2012), method 1: 822, K (synch): 781, K (no synch): None, HP: Dragon 66

I'm watching bearsfan092's 4th gen video, and this is all starting to make sense to me. Just to be sure, the 10 Elm calls to verify do NOT advance the frame? Unlike B/W I don't have a starting frame in the 45-50 range? What's the best way to advance the frame, especially for this frame 781 seed?
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Also, while we're on the topic of 4th gen, it's better to use seeds that don't require a timer, right?

And I'm following the Smogon guide, and it says to find your SSF. I have basically confirmed that it's 578 (Calm, Mischievous), since that's the only one that's lower than my (pretty high) target frame of 694, praying that it isn't 705 or greater, the other one. I do 116 advances, and I don't get anything close. Why?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 7th March 2012 at 12:32 AM.

Ok so I have a really quick question hopeful some one can shed some light on my situation...

So I was trying to breed RNG a shiny adamant Pokemon with flawless stats using 2 flawless parents, one of which is everstoned with the adamant nature. I went on to get the seed # and frame # plus the seed time ect. ect.
    Anyway later that day ( before I even tried to hit my newly found seed). I used the time finder to find the seed for a shiny jolly flawless poke also using 2 flawless parents, one of which is everstoned with the jolly nature. Some how, and this is the part I'm confused on, I got the exact same Seed, PID,Frame, time, date ect. ect. I've check time and time again there the same results in every way...

Is this suppose to/ can happen? If so doesn't that mean I can breed RNG using the everstone and flawless parent any poke using this seed?

Why did I get 28 advances when I did 10 flips? I thought it was approx. 1 advance for every 10 Chatters.

And I'm pretty sure the Elm calls do advance. As for the frame question, Radio. IDK which one's most consistent, though, I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak Attack XIII View Post
    Ok so I have a really quick question hopeful some one can shed some light on my situation...

So I was trying to breed RNG a shiny adamant Pokemon with flawless stats using 2 flawless parents, one of which is everstoned with the adamant nature. I went on to get the seed # and frame # plus the seed time ect. ect.
    Anyway later that day ( before I even tried to hit my newly found seed). I used the time finder to find the seed for a shiny jolly flawless poke also using 2 flawless parents, one of which is everstoned with the jolly nature. Some how, and this is the part I'm confused on, I got the exact same Seed, PID,Frame, time, date ect. ect. I've check time and time again there the same results in every way...

Is this suppose to/ can happen? If so doesn't that mean I can breed RNG using the everstone and flawless parent any poke using this seed?
    yup, its possible. Just like 2+2 will always equal 4 so too can 2 flawless parents always give you the same seed. Just switch the everstone to the desired nature and you can use that seed over and over for all of your breeds
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Is there a quicker way to come up with the delay and the seconds for the initial seed other than calibrating in Gen IV and if so what is it. If not how many times should I calibrate to get good data?
    I have for trade

UT Adamant Magikarps with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Modest Larvesta with perfect SpA IVs
    UT Jolly Axews with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Relaxed Pinecos with perfect Defence IVs

ALL LEGIT!!

Looking for good bulky/annoyer/lead pokemon.
    Im open to suggestions so just PM me if you wanna trade and you got something good to offer.
    NO HACKS!!! Please.

I f**king love Cloyster

Has the newest version of RNG Reporter been crashing in the middle of a search like it has for me? Sometimes all I have to do is restart my computer but it has been doing it a lot recently. Guess I might have to find and download version 9.3 or whatever it is again.

Well, it just happened with version 9.93 too. Guess it must be my computer that is the problem.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 7th March 2012 at 4:48 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, is this how the process should go for Gen IV?
    Find seed -> put target delay in EonTimer -> hit target time -> verify with Elm Calls -> input delay hit and recalibrate EonTimer -> rinse and repeat until you hit your seed -> advance for the target when you do hit it.

What initally goes in the Calibrated Delay and Calibrated Seconds boxes? And whatever does go in there, how do I find it?
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    yup, its possible. Just like 2+2 will always equal 4 so too can 2 flawless parents always give you the same seed. Just switch the everstone to the desired nature and you can use that seed over and over for all of your breeds
    Thanks friend = )
    That's all I needed to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Brianocerous View Post
    Is there a quicker way to come up with the delay and the seconds for the initial seed other than calibrating in Gen IV and if so what is it. If not how many times should I calibrate to get good data?
    The calibration phase is outdated and pointless. Just try hitting your delay and adjust with what you hit using EonTimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, is this how the process should go for Gen IV?
    Find seed -> put target delay in EonTimer -> hit target time -> verify with Elm Calls -> input delay hit and recalibrate EonTimer -> rinse and repeat until you hit your seed -> advance for the target when you do hit it.

What initally goes in the Calibrated Delay and Calibrated Seconds boxes? And whatever does go in there, how do I find it?
    That's all correct.

Calibrated delay for HGSS is usually 480. From there it will calibrate itself. For DPPt you want a calibrated delay of 600 or so. As for the Calibrated Seconds it should already be 14, but if not then change it to that. That goes for DPPtHGSS.

EDIT: I have no clue how this thing trolled me for 2 days, but it did -_-. Got it though. It was a 5th Gen BP in my shop, but did it in 4th Gen so I could get Ice Punch and Giga Drain for kicks. But he ended up giving me hell.

#459 Snover | | | (Non-Redis)
    Hasty | Snow Warning | Often dozes off.
    06/28/2011 | Mt. Silver | Lvl. 1
    31/30/31/30/31/30 | Fire 70
    Ice Punch | Giga Drain | Leech Seed | Seed Bomb
    Last edited by TDawg; 7th March 2012 at 5:50 AM.

So I'm going to start looking for seeds for the Reshiram, Zekrom and Rayquaza events.
    What would be the best natures for these?
    And with the Rayquaza am I right in thinking because it's a Shiny Wondercard I should be looking 2 frames further than I actually get?

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg
    EDIT: I have no clue how this thing trolled me for 2 days, but it did -_-. Got it though. It was a 5th Gen BP in my shop, but did it in 4th Gen so I could get Ice Punch and Giga Drain for kicks. But he ended up giving me hell.
    Tell him to go **** himself. Great breed!

Edit: @ MSK it's always shiny, so it's the same as usual. iirc

Hey everybody, I just have a question/want some advice.

I just went through the process of restarting and trying for a shiny starter (B/W 5th gen) and I went through all the steps that are outlined on-line ect. and my starter was not shiny.
    Now some background info,
    YES, my trainer ID was what I aimed for,
    YES, my IV's are presumably what I aimed for (received "alert to sounds")
    YES, after frame adjusting I hit the nature I aimed for

but my starter wasn't shiny?? ... and in Pandoras box it said true ... can ANYBODY please give me some pointers as to what could have gone wrong?
    Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks!
    For my wants/haves check out my SHOP

3DS FC: 5300-9119-7922

FYI: I do not use A/R, Pokecheck or anything that manipulates game data in any way shape or form. All of my pokes are 100% legit, I expect the same from others when I trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler83 View Post
    but my starter wasn't shiny?? ... and in Pandoras box it said true ... can ANYBODY please give me some pointers as to what could have gone wrong?
    Feel free to PM me too!
    You should double-check by putting the ID/SID generated by Pandora's Box into the main window of RNG Reporter and generating the PIDRNG frames that belong to the seed. It's likely Pandora's Box overshot, and that a frame near your desired frame is shiny. You'll then need to adjust the target frame you type into Pandora's Box. For example, if you want frame 10 to be shiny, but Pandora's Box made 12 shiny, then type 8 into Pandora's Box. Again, double-check using the generated ID/SID.

Thanks a lot!
    When I put the ID/SID into RNG reporter do you mean to use the original seed I used to search for IV's? Or the seed that pandoras box spits out along with the given ID/SID?
    For my wants/haves check out my SHOP

3DS FC: 5300-9119-7922

FYI: I do not use A/R, Pokecheck or anything that manipulates game data in any way shape or form. All of my pokes are 100% legit, I expect the same from others when I trade.

Page 168 of 286 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast