Page 170 of 286 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

#490 Manaphy|Timid|Hydration|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Tail Glow|Bubble|Water Sport|
    |Hatched at Canalave City|

#490 Manaphy|Timid|Hydration|31|7|31|31|31|31|
    |Tail Glow|Bubble|Water Sport|
    |Hatched at Jubilife City|

They're the same Manaphy, the second one was traded to my retail cartridge which the PID that I RNG'd for hatches shiny on it.

Of course, I'm sure everyone is aware of the whole Shiny Manaphy fiasco and how GF made a massive oversight with the shiny prevention with it (becomes normal chance once traded to another game). Thus by default, they consider it "hacked".
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 8th March 2012 at 5:46 PM.

I still need help finding a working version of pikatimer & javaRNG.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    I still need help finding a working version of pikatimer & javaRNG.
    Why not use PokeRNG and EonTimer?

PokéRNG is now unnecessary. The latest version of RNG Reporter can find Gen IV seeds faster than it can. You can find a download link to EonTimer here.

Thank you.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

Ok, so I found the IV calculator and everytime I catch the pokemon for my parameter nothing comes up under the search. What am I doing wrong?
    Like Nuzlockes? Check out my YouTube channel!

Tough to say what you're doing wrong when you didn't tell us exactly what you did and where.

For one, you gotta make sure to not press any buttons until the Nintendo screens shows up. Have the time you started the game inserted, your full DS Mac and game selected. Sweet scent, and enter the IVs you receive. Try this a couple times, loading the game at the same time every time to see if you get the same results.
    Last edited by Exploits; 8th March 2012 at 6:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post

#491 Darkrai|Timid|Bad Dreams|31|31|31|31|31|31|
    |Hypnosis|Faint Attack|Nightmare|Double Team|
    |Caught at Newmoon Island|

#483 Dialga|Modest|Pressure|31|31|31|31|31|31|
    |Ominous Wind|AncientPower|Dragon Claw|Shadow Force|
    |Caught at Spear Pillar|

#484 Palkia|Timid|Pressure|31|31|31|31|31|31|
    |Spacial Rend|Heal Block|Earth Power|Slash|
    |Caught at Spear Pillar|

Too much time to waste here...and yes, I did use all of those Pokeballs.
    wow nice job advent thats some good looking shiny legendarys

Edit:also use this site its better then an iv checker....

http://www.pokecheck.org/

hope this helps...

also make sure everything is correct as well...your mac address, your time frame, your iv's and button presses if any...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th March 2012 at 7:02 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Ok, so I am using the DS Parameter finder. I synced my DS clock with my computer clock and selected the correct DS type and game version. My Mac address is entered correctly.

This is what I did:

Load up the game at exact time I typed into the Parameter finder. Didn't touch any buttons until the game freak logo was finished. Used Sweet scent and found a Durant. Used Masterball. Typed all of its stats into the IV calculator and hit search. Got 0 results.

alright let see here so you set the exact time you i hit so if you hit the time 8:52:52 for example, then entered your iv stats 31/21/7/0/8/31 for example on top don't worry bout the bottom boxes they will fill in from the top...entered your game white or black made sure no key presses are on none and you said your mac address is correctly entered?

hmmm do you have a picture box for your reporter please if you can so i could see what your doing wrong then? seems like your doing everything right...It happened to me before when i first started then all of a sudden i noticed i messed up my mac address...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th March 2012 at 7:13 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Strange. Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I would try the process several more times (using the same time) and see if you get the same Durant with the same stats.

I used the IV Calculator within RNG Reporter for the specific pokemon and filled in each of the stat values, and it filled it in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeManiac28 View Post
    Strange. Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I would try the process several more times (using the same time) and see if you get the same Durant with the same stats.
    I've done it 4 times now. First time I got the Durant, second a woobat, 3rd and 4th Boldore's with different stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrotek View Post
    I used the IV Calculator within RNG Reporter for the specific pokemon and filled in each of the stat values, and it filled it in for me.

I've done it 4 times now. First time I got the Durant, second a woobat, 3rd and 4th Boldore's with different stats.
    it may be your iv checker then use the site ^ i posted earlier to check the iv of that poke you caught to double check if they match up the site i gave you, it give perfect iv results...i used a plain iv calculator before and got nothing as well...if not then i don't know then...very strange...what one are using mac or the one for windows beta 9.94...wish i could see your reporter box to see whats going on :/

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

The pokecheck.org link? I find that very confusing, and I don't have access to WiFi.

That is not supposed to happen if you're starting at the same time and not pressing any buttons. Are you in an area with no NPCs?

ahhh okay and nah its not confusing just deposit the poke like you would in the gts and it clones it and records it to your account but since you don't have wifi it may be a bit harder you just have to find a good iv calculator(did you try serebii's?)...hmmmm let see can you get a picture of your perimeter box so i can see maybe i can notice something wrong your doing if i look at a picture...form your talk you seem like your doing everything correct but maybe i may notice the problem in the picture...that strange your still not getting results...

edit: oh wait he has a point now with the post above are all 4 of those the same time? If it is then thats not suppose to happen at all...se for a ds lite when you start your game up it take a sec to load so when you start your game up at 8:52:08 the game doesn't really load until 8:52:09...that white out screen take a sec...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th March 2012 at 7:33 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...k/Untitled.png
    Theres my Parameter window. So should I start the DS a second before I set it on the Parameter?

Theres my Parameter window. So should I start the DS a second before I set it on the Parameter?
    You don't have to to find your parameters, only when you go to hit a seed. Are you in a cave that has NPCs in the same room? That could be throwing you off. You should be getting consistent results if you start at the same time and second and don't use keypresses. Other than that, I don't know what the problem is.
    Last edited by Exploits; 8th March 2012 at 7:48 PM.

yep found the problem your iv are the problem...the bottom box must be the same as the top box to work...so 10/0/2/15/17/16 should be on the bottom boxes as well...this is why i don't like iv calculators they give you a min and max thing that can be incorrect some times...so you got to make sure those iv's are correct and both need to be filled in the same...as your poke you caught true iv's....if that makes sense?

Edit:also yes he right your using in a cave will through you off as well...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

no, RNG reporter will take of that for you, just try to consistently hit the same seed by loading it at the same time. If your in an area with no WNPCs then you should be getting the same pokemon each time you start up you game. Just keep trying and you should get it eventually
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I really don't understand any of this... lol. What do you mean i dont have to find my parameters except when I want to hit a seed?

There are no NPCs in my room. I'll try doing the same time more than once and tell you how that goes.

I really don't understand any of this... lol. What do you mean i dont have to find my parameters except when I want to hit a seed?

There are no NPCs in my room. I'll try doing the same time more than once and tell you how that goes.
    well lets see um when you want to hit a seed (your poke you want to find) you need to perimeter search...thats what seed means....

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yep found the problem your iv are the problem...the bottom box must be the same as the top box to work...so 10/0/2/15/17/16 should be on the bottom boxes as well...this is why i don't like iv calculators they give you a min and max thing that can be incorrect some times...so you got to make sure those iv's are correct and both need to be filled in the same...as your poke you caught true iv's....if that makes sense?

That is not true. You don't need the exact IVs to find your parameters, you can use a min/max range. I have personally done it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post

not true. RNG Reporter supports ranges and will still return results. It is better to have a narrow range though so you get more accurate results, but a 1-2 point variation shouldnt make any difference

You will need your parameters to RNG. I assume you are on Victory road yes? If not, Cheren's room is a good place to find your parameters. Remember, just because you dont see any WNPCs doesnt mean they are not there. If they are around at all, even if you dont see them, they will still affect your results
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

strange cuaz i just find it weird when i used iv calculators that nothing showed up or it did and it never hit a seed cuaz it was way off and some gave me pokecheck.org and the iv were fine and i was hitting my seeds no problem...guess it must be personal experience :/

Edit: i just found that Pokecheck.org is a more accurate site in my opinion :/ you guys are more of a master then me at this though...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Page 170 of 286 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast