Page 174 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Iristle View Post
    Thanks, but every other method looks more complicated compared to Wondercard RNG... Either that or I'm overloading myself with info. It's just so confusing... >.<
    Wondercard is definitely much easier because the PIDRNG has less factors to be concerned with, but at the same time, 5th Gen. RNG manipulation in general is easier than anything else. Keep reading and asking questions, it will onyl get easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Iristle View Post
    Thanks, but every other method looks more complicated compared to Wondercard RNG... Either that or I'm overloading myself with info. It's just so confusing... >.<
    It's not that much harder than Wonder Card RNGing. You RNG IVs by hitting your seed, then natures, gender, etc. through viewing Chatot's summary. You should have a read through some guides, and if you need help, ask here.

#638 Cobalion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified
    Known moves: Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Guidance Chamber | Type: Steel/Fighting
    IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

#640 Virizion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified
    Known moves: Sacred Sword, Giga Drain, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Rumination Field | Type: Grass/Fighting
    IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

#639 Terrakion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified
    Known moves: Sacred Sword, Rock Slide, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Victory Road | Type: Rock/Fighting
    IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 68

Always wanted to catch a shiny legendary myself. Terrakion was tough, though. Cobalion was easy, Virizion was slightly frustrating due to Timer0 fluctuation after 362 Chatters. Terrakion though, ugh. First I kill it with a crit Strength, then I get Timer0 fluctuation, then I finally catch it, so it was 1983 Chatot flips in total, as it was on frame 713 with a starting PID frame of 52. I'm going to do Reshiram once I get wifi and I can download the event.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

im going to catch those too, jolly and timid for cobalion, jolly and timid for virizion, and jolly and adamant for terrakion.

Ball choices?

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    im going to catch those too, jolly and timid for cobalion, jolly and timid for virizion, and jolly and adamant for terrakion.

Ball choices?
    Definitely Heal Ball for Virizion, rest of them are up to you imo.

And I have never seen a viably used Adamant Terrakion. His Speed tier is too precise to not use a Speed-boosting nature with Infernape tying with him and Landorus in the Speed tiers just below.

Yeah heal ball for both virizions, great and quick ball for cobalion, and premier and luxury ball for terrakion, sound good?

And yeah the adamant one is for a double dancing one, rock polish and swords dance.

Yeah heal ball for both virizions, great and quick ball for cobalion, and premier and luxury ball for terrakion, sound good?

And yeah the adamant one is for a double dancing one, rock polish and swords dance.
    I honestly see no black or gold (maybe tan) on Terrakion, though shiny Terrakion IS a strange case as far as coloring goes.

Then timer ball and premier ball lol

I like all my legends to be in premier balls.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

Right, I'm trying my hand at RNGing the Reshiram event.

My seed is frame 87, so how many advances do I need to do?

Starting Frame is 50, so that means 37 advances, right?
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 10th March 2012 at 9:12 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Ball choices?
    I went with a Dive ball for Cobolion (because everyone else did a quick ball and i wanted to be different) the standard Heal ball for Virizion ( i wish the Love ball was still around) and the a regular Poke ball for Terrakion because it was the only ball with red on it. Finally, i went with the Great ball for Reshiram because i hate the Primer ball with a passion and i liked the Red white and Blue color scheme

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Right, I'm trying my hand at RNGing the Reshiram event.

My seed is frame 87, so how many advances do I need to do?

Starting Frame is 50, so that means 37 advances, right?
    sounds about right. If you miss your PID then adjust and try again
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Yeah, been missing my PID quite a bit.

Anyways, there's another thing i've been missing out.

Everytime I try and match the IVs I get to a nearby spread, but the IVs match none of the spreads nearby...does that mean I am messing up badly?
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

I have a question: how exactly does the RNG advance when you pick up a Wondercard? When I picked up my Reshiram and Mewtwo to test this out, they had different IVs and nature.

OMFG i have been trying to RNG this Wurmple since late last night and after 30ish eggs i just realized that the information in RNG reporter matched my black game cart and not my white game cart :/ I dont even know how the info got switched around like that. No wonder i keep missing my seed.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yeah, been missing my PID quite a bit.

Anyways, there's another thing i've been missing out.

Everytime I try and match the IVs I get to a nearby spread, but the IVs match none of the spreads nearby...does that mean I am messing up badly?
    if the IVs dont match up anywhere near your target frame then you missed your seed is all. Just try again

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I'm a little bit annoyed that I learned to RNG right after the Mewtwo event.

EDIT
    Is there a better way to advance my frame than calling elm for seeds with frames hundreds away? (Like using repel to measure steps.)
    Last edited by Zevn; 11th March 2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Gandalf to Saruman

Ok so, I want to RNG my ID/SID on Diamond. I used PokeRNG to find a flawless spread with a low frame, and plugged it into Pandora's Box. So for this high 5000 delay, will hitting it be any different, and if I do it correctly, my flawless spread will be shiny for that ID combo?

Here's the combo I want to use and the info Pandora's Box gave me: 211316C3 55335/35005 Delay 5827 Seconds 0

Plugged it into Seed to Time, and went with this time:2012 07 28 19:43:50 Delay 5815
    What goes into EonTimer for Calibrated Delay and seconds for DPPt, especially for ID/SID abuse?
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    What goes into EonTimer for Calibrated Delay and seconds for DPPt, especially for ID/SID abuse?
    For the delay, enter something around 600. A seconds value of 14 is common. When RNGing your ID/SID in DPPt, you need to SR at the end of the first timer, then press A to end the Lake of Rage report at the end of the second one.

Let me see if I have this correct. I'll boot the game, start a new game, wait for the first timer to end and soft reset, then start a new game and get to the TV broadcast for Gyarados, and dismiss it at the second timer's end. Or could I boot the game from the DS menu instead of soft resetting?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    Or could I boot the game from the DS menu instead of soft resetting?
    Yes, you could also do that. I prefer that more than soft resetting myself.
    Last edited by Exploits; 11th March 2012 at 3:21 AM.

Is a Jap. flawless Ditto really necessary for breeding, or is it just overkill? I'm yet to get mine back from when I traded with somebody when I was restarting my game. I could RNG an English flawless one no prob.

It's extremely helpful to have.

EDIT:
    I'm looking for a SID/TID combo that can provide a Timid/Shiny with an IV spread like: 31/--/31/31/31/31 that can also provide an Adamant/Jolly/Mild//Hasty/Naive *near* flawless spread for Rayquaza. I'm having difficulty with finding one that can do both.
    I actually had another question, I'm trying to find a delay to hit, but in the instructional video it said you can only get even or odd delays... but none of the delays are odd for a flawless Rayquaza.
    Last edited by Zevn; 11th March 2012 at 5:10 AM.
    Gandalf to Saruman

So for the target time (23:57:50), am I setting the timer two minutes early? I've been setting the DS to 23:55:00 and have hit the delay my ID/SID combo is supposed to be on twice now, but the ID is dead wrong.

And I'd recommend looking for a flawless spread with a low synch frame and then plugging the seed into Pandora's box for a good ID combo, like I did, Zevn.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized I was doing something incredibly wrong, I think.
    Last edited by Typhlosion X; 11th March 2012 at 5:14 AM.

This troll is finally mine! After 2 months I got him!

#641 Tornadus - トルネロス | | ♂
    Timid | Prankster | Mischievous.
    02/23/2012 | Route 9 | Lvl. 40
    31/2/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70

........ And I still don't know what my starting frame was. Pure luck with the nature.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    This troll is finally mine! After 2 months I got him!

#641 Tornadus - トルネロス | | ♂
    Timid | Prankster | Mischievous.
    02/23/2012 | Route 9 | Lvl. 40
    31/2/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70

........ And I still don't know what my starting frame was. Pure luck with the nature.
    wow congratulations! Im still being trolled by mine :/ even worse, i went to go RNG my Zekrom on Black today and when the game loaded i realized i was still stuck in that damn house :/ Sorry Zekrom, your just going to have to chill with that deliveryman on the pokemon center for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    wow congratulations! Im still being trolled by mine :/ even worse, i went to go RNG my Zekrom on Black today and when the game loaded i realized i was still stuck in that damn house :/ Sorry Zekrom, your just going to have to chill with that deliveryman on the pokemon center for a bit
    Thanks, man! I am glad I got it before Nobunga's or whatever Rayquaza is released so I can RNG that right away.

Page 174 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast