Page 179 of 287 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post

#130 Gyarados | | Female | Non-Redis
    Jolly | Intimidate
    Sootopolis City | Lvl. 20
    30/31/30/29/29/30 | Electric 39
    Double Edge (Pending) | Bounce (Pending) | Body Slam (Pending)

Finally got this guy. Decided against Dive Ball because others have already done it. Any other tutor moves I should be considering?
    great job! and great ball matches just as well imo

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    For DPPt egg RNGing, you have to accept the egg as quickly as possible, then do coin flips to ensure you hit your seed. Hatch the egg and see what frame you landed on. You'll have to do this a few times, due to the NPCs on the route. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, then I'd recommend RNGing eggs on either of those instead. It's far easier, as you can simply verify which frame you're on (Elm calls), and since there's only one NPC, your frame is never advanced involuntarily (it's never happened to me, at least).
    Yeah, well.. the NPCs will advance the IV frame while I'm coin flipping to advance for shininiess. Will I have to mash the coin flips to get consistent results?

Edit:

About time I got this guy. Haven't caught it yet, though. Catching it is proving to be a *****. I verified this because Articuno was 5 frames ahead of my target frame, as I saved after I released them, but before I caught Articuno.

#145 Zapdos | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure
    Known moves: Heat Wave, Discharge, Agility, Roost | -uncaught- | Type: Electric / Flying
    IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

Also, just saying, 9.95's out.

Also, what encounter slot is the Trophy Garden pokemon?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 16th March 2012 at 4:44 AM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

So im just kinda feeling around a bit and i want to see if i have the right idea about gen 4 RNGing. I used Time Finder (Method K, Stationary Pokemon) and i search for an HP Grass IV spread. I find a seed i like that has an IV spread of 31/26/31/30/31/31 (delay of 600 btw) and so the next thing i did is open Pandora's Box. I put in the seed up top that i got from time finder and then i put the PID into Pandora's Box and hit generate (again, a delay of 600) Now Pandora's Box has given me about 2000 ID/SID combos to chose from. So if i just pick any one of those it should make my 31/26/31/30/31/31 frame shiny right? From there i just hit my delay and advance the RNG (haven't gotten far enough to figure out how to do this yet, but i want to see if im generally on the right track). Also, when i put the seed into the main window, select Method K, Stationary pokemon, and hit generate, frame 66 doesn't have the right IVs, is that normal or should i choose a different seed/PID Frame?

About my PID frame, it says the required lead is a syncronizer, so i assume this means that my frame is syncable right? And is 66 to low? Since the PID and IVs are tied together i assume i don't need to walk around so i can just chatot flip away, 66 should be good right?

Last question (for now anyway ) it says Hour (1) does that mean anything important, such as, is hour 2 better than 1 or something to that effect?
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    So im just kinda feeling around a bit and i want to see if i have the right idea about gen 4 RNGing. I used Time Finder (Method K, Stationary Pokemon) and i search for an HP Grass IV spread. I find a seed i like taht has an IV spread of 31/26/31/30/31/31 (delay of 600 btw) and so the next thing i did is open Pandora's Box. I put in the seed up top that iu got from time finder and then i put the PID into Pandora's Box and hit generate (again, a delay of 600) Now Pandora's Box has given me about 2000 ID/SID combos to chose from. So if i just pick any one of those it should make my 31/26/31/30/31/31 frame shiny right? From there i just hit my delay and advance the RNG (haven't gotten far enough to figure out how to do this yet, but i want to see if im generally on the right track). Also, when i put the seed into the main window, select Method K, Stationary pokemon, and hit generate, frame 66 doesn't have the right IVs, is that normal or should i choose a different seed/PID Frame?

About my PID frame, it says the required lead is a syncronizer, so i assume this means that my frame is syncable right? And is 66 to low? Since the PID and IVs are tied together i assume i don't need to walk around so i can just chatot flip away, 66 should be good right?

Last question (for now anyway ) it says Hour (1) does that mean anything important, such as, is hour 2 better than 1 or something to that effect?
    Alright so when looking for a ID/SID you should find a seed with a delay of 5000-7500. Correct it will make your seed shiny. When RNG your ID/SID there is no advancement, but otherwise yes. Chatot, Elm calls, Irwin calls, Joey calls, radio stations, and walking in wild areas advance the PID. You can see how they do on the Smogon forums page. It's not normal for a seed to show the wrong stats. Make sure everything you enter was correct.

No. Having a synch changes a seed drastically sometimes. I will provide evidence if need.

Considering your frame starts at 1 that's a bit high. But yes you're good to go.

Ignore the hours. I always do.

So my roamer was Sassy again.

The guide that T-dawg linked to me said that Latios has a varying frame that you need to calibrate.

My target frame is 14. I flipped chatot 13 times, and hit a Sassy Latios. There is a Sassy frame 13 flips from frame 9. Is this coincidence?
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

Is shiny flawless eggs basically impossible in DPt? I don't see a way to accurately control both, with all the NPCs. I can only find YT videos on one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    So my roamer was Sassy again.

The guide that T-dawg linked to me said that Latios has a varying frame that you need to calibrate.

My target frame is 14. I flipped chatot 13 times, and hit a Sassy Latios. There is a Sassy frame 13 flips from frame 9. Is this coincidence?
    Are the IVs matching up?

Are the IVs matching up?
    RNGreporter says they're inconclusive, and if I pokecheck I'm forced to keep the Latios until the next save file.
    Gandalf to Saruman

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    RNGreporter says they're inconclusive, and if I pokecheck I'm forced to keep the Latios until the next save file.
    What do you mean RNG says they're inconclusive? Can't you make a good enough judgement for the level Latios is at and looking at the main windows IVs for that Sassy frame?

Alright so when looking for a ID/SID you should find a seed with a delay of 5000-7500. Correct it will make your seed shiny. When RNG your ID/SID there is no advancement, but otherwise yes. Chatot, Elm calls, Irwin calls, Joey calls, radio stations, and walking in wild areas advance the PID. You can see how they do on the Smogon forums page. It's not normal for a seed to show the wrong stats. Make sure everything you enter was correct.

No. Having a synch changes a seed drastically sometimes. I will provide evidence if need.

Considering your frame starts at 1 that's a bit high. But yes you're good to go.

Ignore the hours. I always do.
    Thanks! I entered the ID/SID i want into RNG reporter and it made my PID frame shiny, and i found the IVs i want on frame 115 (although time finder said the same IVs should have been on 66 too, but im okay with 115.) Unfortunately the nature is Rash. Do i need to search for a Timid like i want since Synchronize changes the seed, but not the nature?

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks! I entered the ID/SID i want into RNG reporter and it made my PID frame shiny, and i found the IVs i want on frame 115 (although time finder said the same IVs should have been on 66 too, but im okay with 115.) Unfortunately the nature is Rash. Do i need to search for a Timid like i want since Synchronize changes the seed, but not the nature?
    Yeah look for a timid seed.

Apparently, I should stop the trainers on the route above Solaceon via Vs. Seeker (I'm pretty sure all the NPCs are trainers), do my coin flips + Happiness taps, see what I hit, adjust accordingly, adding in Chatters this time based on my SSF, as evidenced in bearsfans's video? I just remembered that only NPCs in the current zone affect the RNG.
    Also, Ditto's nature doesn't matter in 4th gen, right?

Question

I need a bit of help hitting my seed. I searched and obtained the necessary seeds for all my Wondercard RNGs using the Time Finder. Now I just need to know what to do next and how to finish my RNGs. A post explaining what to do would be fine, but I would prefer if someone could help me out by coming to the RNG club Xat I would greatly appreciate it (I would post on the RNG Club thread, but I don't want to double post and this thread is much more popular).

Now, I go back about 100 pages, and go "What the h*ll was I asking".

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    I need a bit of help hitting my seed. I searched and obtained the necessary seeds for all my Wondercard RNGs using the Time Finder. Now I just need to know what to do next and how to finish my RNGs. A post explaining what to do would be fine, but I would prefer if someone could help me out by coming to the RNG club Xat I would greatly appreciate it (I would post on the RNG Club thread, but I don't want to double post and this thread is much more popular).
    for wondercards all you have to do is hit your seed and do the right number of chatot flips, if you miss your frame, adjust and try again

for wondercards all you have to do is hit your seed and do the right number of chatot flips, if you miss your frame, adjust and try again
    I did get keypresses with my found seeds. What are they and what should I do with them?

I just hit my delay. What's the monster frame for Cresselia? My target frame is 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    I did get keypresses with my found seeds. What are they and what should I do with them?
    as soon as you hit A to load your game from the main screen, you need to hold down whatever key RNG Reporter told you to hold. Hold down the key(s) until the white nintendo splash screen pops up and then proceed to chatot flip (remember to keep your C-Gear off)

Can someone clear some things up for me? I'm going for a shiny semi flawless egg. I'm wondering what frame i need to start on, and how to know how many advances i need to do to reach my PIDRNG frame
    EDIT: Okay, so I know I need a seed that starts on frame 8 to get the right IVs, so do i put 8 at the top where it says min/max advances?
    Last edited by DragonKnighted; 16th March 2012 at 7:36 AM.
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I did 9 advances, and Cresselia matched frame 19. Why? Her monster frame is 5, and my target frame is 14.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnighted View Post
    Can someone clear some things up for me? I'm going for a shiny semi flawless egg. I'm wondering what frame i need to start on, and how to know how many advances i need to do to reach my PIDRNG frame
    EDIT: Okay, so I know I need a seed that starts on frame 8 to get the right IVs, so do i put 8 at the top where it says min/max advances?
    No, 8 is the IV frame and you dont need to worry about that as RNG reporter will take care of that part for you. Under Min/Max advances just put how ever many chatot flips you feel like doing. I use 2/150 because i dont really feel like doing more than 150 flips. To find your target frame just run timer finder. whatever frame time finder gives you is your target frame. to find your starting frame copy your seed into the main window of RNG reporter and select gen 5 breeding (Internationale option if you are using different language parents). From there click the box that says "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. thats your starting frame. subtract your target frame from your starting frame and that is the number of chatot flips you need to do. From there you just have to hit your seed, do the right number of flips, and then adjust if you miss your PID frame

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I did 9 advances, and Cresselia matched frame 19. Why? Her monster frame is 5, and my target frame is 14.
    Weird. Have you tried 4 advances?

Ugh...
    C-Gear RNG Abuse is killing me. T_T (DSi )
    Do I give up or does anyone have any tips?
    Rebuilding... From Emerald on Up...
    HeartofGold Complete
    Now Playing - Black

Trading between D/P/Plat/HG/SS, And Black (1) only. (Will change soon)
    I have any Item you need.
    -Master Balls
    -Ev Boosting Items (Power Band, Power Lens, etc.)
    -Spreadable PKRS Infected Starter Pokes
    -All Stones
    -Berries
    -Rare Candies
    -Evolution Items

and much much more.
    Looking for untouched LEGIT Events or Unwanted Shinies and Legends.
    PM Me with your requests and offers.

Pokemon Heart of Gold FC
    : 1207-0706-5664
    Pokemon Black FC: NA ATM
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/33yi0s0.png[/IMG] <-- Free Hellsing Episodes. Click Me.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2cwphy8.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2uz47cm.png[/IMG]

holy hell this is a pain in the ***! I've been trying to RNG my ID/SID fro ~4 hours now and im not any closer now then i was before :/ I have no clue what im doing, the guide im using is referencing RNG reporter 7.4, pandora's box keeps giving me both odd and even delays (without my emerald inserted and even with my emerald inserted), sometimes it gives me more than one result and i have to guess which delay i hit, i cant even hit the same delay twice, and this is taking for ever. this is a horrible start and thus far i hate gen 4 RNGing. i hope it gets easier but right now this feels impossible :/

I wish I could help with the phase you're doing dewey, but I did it the other way around and am not yet to that part.

s:
    Gandalf to Saruman

Page 179 of 287 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast