Page 180 of 287 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 7152

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    holy hell this is a pain in the ***! I've been trying to RNG my ID/SID fro ~4 hours now and im not any closer now then i was before :/ I have no clue what im doing, the guide im using is referencing RNG reporter 7.4, pandora's box keeps giving me both odd and even delays (without my emerald inserted and even with my emerald inserted), sometimes it gives me more than one result and i have to guess which delay i hit, i cant even hit the same delay twice, and this is taking for ever. this is a horrible start and thus far i hate gen 4 RNGing. i hope it gets easier but right now this feels impossible :/
    Don't give up, and don't worry, RNGing my IDs was hard for me too. But if you hit a delay within 10-12 of your target, try to avoid adjusting EonTimer. I tried using my FireRed to force one type of delay when I did it but I didn't notice any differences until I actually started trying captures, but even then it wasn't very helpful. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually. Delays are kind of hard to hit consistently when you first start, but later on it gets easy once you figure out the best calibrated delay for your target.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe0047 View Post
    Ugh...
    C-Gear RNG Abuse is killing me. T_T (DSi )
    Do I give up or does anyone have any tips?
    You do realise that you can do Standard Non-C-Gear Abuse on the DSi now, right?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

OK, so two questions.

1. Does talking to Cresselia advance the RNG by 5?
    2. How do you get Dialga/Palkia to appear at Spear Pillar? I've caught Heatran and went to the shrine in Celestic Town and went through the cutscene with Cynthia. IDK what to do, I have a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread ready. I have also picked up the orbs.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    1. Does talking to Cresselia advance the RNG by 5?
    Since your target frame is 14, then, yes, you'll only need to advance the frame by 9. Remember that Cresselia is a Method 1 legendary.
    2. How do you get Dialga/Palkia to appear at Spear Pillar? I've caught Heatran and went to the shrine in Celestic Town and went through the cutscene with Cynthia. IDK what to do, I have a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread ready. I have also picked up the orbs.
    If you've got the orbs and talked to Cynthia's grandmother, then you should be able to get them to appear at the Spear Pillar.

Also, regarding your previous question about RNGing egg shininess in DPPt:

It's very possible. You don't need to worry about NPCs when RNGing egg PID in DPPt; only coin flips will advance the PIDRNG frame. I'm assuming you know the basic process (catch high-leveled Pokémon to find your initial seed, etc.).

I advanced 9, and I got frame 19.

And I meant how do I hatch flawless shinies?

I advanced 9, and I got frame 19.
    Try using a different seed, then. Are you sure you're selecting Method 1 in both the Time Finder and the main window?
    And I meant how do I hatch flawless shinies?
    Firstly, you need to RNG the egg's PID (described in detail here). Once an egg has been generated, save in front of the daycare man. Hatch the egg to be sure it's what you want (shininess, gender, ability and nature), then turn off your game. Now you can begin to IV abuse.

ノブナガ | 03172 | --
    Jolly | Air Lock | Dragon/Flying | Wi-Fi Event
    Dragon Pulse | AncientPower | Outrage | Dragon Dance
    31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | 31 | 31

This took about five minutes. Gen V abuse is hilarious. At least there won't be as many of these posted here, unlike the Reshiram and Zekrom events. That reminds me, I haven't bothered to RNG Reshiram yet. D:

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Try using a different seed, then. Are you sure you're selecting Method 1 in both the Time Finder and the main window?

Firstly, you need to RNG the egg's PID (described in detail here). Once an egg has been generated, save in front of the daycare man. Hatch the egg to be sure it's what you want (shininess, gender, ability and nature), then turn off your game. Now you can begin to IV abuse.

ノブナガ | 03172 | --

This took about five minutes. Gen V abuse is hilarious. At least there won't be as many of these posted here, unlike the Reshiram and Zekrom events. That reminds me, I haven't bothered to RNG Reshiram yet. D:
    Good job. I will get my Rayquaza soon.

OMG OMG OMG I HIT MY FIRST WONDERCARD RNG!!!!! NO KEYPRESSES, FRAME 62 TARGET, STARTING FRAME OF 55, AND 7 CHATOT CHATTERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ノブナガ | 03172 | --
    Lonely | Air Lock | Dragon/Flying | Wi-Fi Event
    31 | 31 | 31 | 26 | 31 | 31 / HP Electric 70

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Congrats

Man I thought that shiny rayquaza event was the one with V-create and I was looking forward to it

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

What does it mean when the guide says:

"starts on frame"
    Raikou 1
    Entei 6
    Latios 9, 10, or 11
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

So basically, I'd abuse like you do in HGSS, where you RNG the IVs (or other way around, w/e) and you advance the RNG by accepting eggs, apparently? I can't find my SS.

This one didn't take very long. I'm really getting the hang of this.

#483 Dialga | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Modest | Ability: Pressure
    Known moves: Stealth Rock, Dragon Pulse, Roar of Time, Earth Power | Spear Pillar | Type: Steel / Dragon
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post

ノブナガ | 03172 | --

Quick question before I RNG mine, I'm sure someone said with Shiny Wondercards on Jap version that the IV / Nature combo you generate won't be correct as the Nature will be the one 2 frames later? (I'm running RNGReporter 9.81 by the way - it works for me and I can't be bothered to upgrade til I've done all I need to at present)
    Can someone confirm? I'll try in a bit anyway but just to save me hassle as I'll have to look for a IV set with Jolly/Adamant 2 natures later otherwise!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Quick question before I RNG mine, I'm sure someone said with Shiny Wondercards on Jap version that the IV / Nature combo you generate won't be correct as the Nature will be the one 2 frames later? (I'm running RNGReporter 9.81 by the way - it works for me and I can't be bothered to upgrade til I've done all I need to at present)
    Can someone confirm? I'll try in a bit anyway but just to save me hassle as I'll have to look for a IV set with Jolly/Adamant 2 natures later otherwise!! lol
    I just RNGed it as I would a normal Wonder Card. I didn't have to consider any of this.

Also, quick question: Do my IV delay and my PID delay have to be the same? Or will the PID one not matter, as long as I can find a seed on the delay I hit, checking it with a wild pokemon?

to find my starting PIDRNG, I start the game on the correct time, hatch the egg and figure out its IVs, but where do i look in RNG Reporter to find where to search frames close to my calculated starting frame?
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Right. For seeds in general, can you use them over and over again for different Pokemon? I have a good seed from when I tried RNGing my Mewtwo, so I plan to use it for Reshiram.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Also, quick question: Do my IV delay and my PID delay have to be the same? Or will the PID one not matter, as long as I can find a seed on the delay I hit, checking it with a wild pokemon?
    They don't have to be the same (in HG/SS at least, not sure about D/P/P but I don't think they need to be the same there either).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnighted View Post
    to find my starting PIDRNG, I start the game on the correct time, hatch the egg and figure out its IVs, but where do i look in RNG Reporter to find where to search frames close to my calculated starting frame?
    Main Window, select Breeding (BW), paste your seed, press calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and then generate. The PID you hit should be about 3-8 above your starting frame, although it might vary.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Right. For seeds in general, can you use them over and over again for different Pokemon? I have a good seed from when I tried RNGing my Mewtwo, so I plan to use it for Reshiram.
    Yep, Seeds can be used an infinite number of times.

I finally got around to try HG/SS breeding. These are my two first results:

#004. Charmander ()
    OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest | Ability: Blaze | Type: Fire
    Hidden Power: Grass [70] | Location hatched: Cinnabar Island
    IVs: 31 HP | 2 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
    Moves: Scratch / Growl

#123. Scyther
    OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant | Ability: Technician | Type: Bug / Flying
    Hidden Power: Dark [70] | Location hatched: National Park
    IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 27 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
    Moves: Vacuum Wave / Quick Attack / Leer / False Swipe

As I said earlier, the Charmander was for a friend, but the Scyther is for my own personal use.
    Have a couple of things I might try next, but I am also looking for suggestions on what to breed on 4th gen. Anything that has useful moves that are exclusive to 4th gen might do. I know Agonist posted a short list earlier, but I am looking for more suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post

Main Window, select Breeding (BW), paste your seed, press calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and then generate. The PID you hit should be about 3-8 above your starting frame, although it might vary.

Okay I've done that, but how do i figure out which frame I'm actually starting on?
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnighted View Post
    Okay I've done that, but how do i figure out which frame I'm actually starting on?
    Hatch your egg and check its Nature/Ability/IVs and compare it to what you got in the main window. If you don't get any results within the first 10 frames after your initial PID frame, it was most likely your Timer0 trolling you, so just try again.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Mamoswine - Superpower, Stealth Rock
    Gliscor - Roost, Stealth Rock, Tailwind
    Porygon-Z - Dark Pulse, Trick
    Gallade - Elemental Punches, Trick, Magic Coat, Pain Split
    Metagross - Stealth Rock, Elemental Punches, Trick
    Salamence - Outrage, Roost, Tailwind, Aqua Tail, Heatwave, Dragon Pulse
    Flygon - Outrage, Elemental Punches
    Lucario - Ice Punch
    Ludicolo - Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Seed Bomb
    @Winter02

Adding on to this list

Gyarados - Sleep Talk, Bounce
    Toxicroak - Ice Punch, Gunk Shot?
    Hitmonlee - Sucker Punch, Knock Off
    Hitmontop - Sucker Punch
    Altaria - Roost, Heal Bell, Outrage
    Crobat - Roost, Super Fang, Tailwind
    Zapdos - Heat Wave, Roost
    Togekiss - Roost, Heal Bell, Trick
    Marowak / Rampardos - Fire Punch
    Starmie - Gravity, Trick
    Bronzor - Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Trick
    Skarmory - Roost
    Tyranitar - Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Stealth Rock
    Garchomp - Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
    Honchkrow - Heat Wave, Superpower
    Gastrodon - Earth Power
    Mudkip - Earth Power, Superpower, Ice Punch, Sleep Talk
    Sneasel - Ice Punch, Low Kick
    Steelix - Sleep Talk, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
    Claydol - Pain Split, Sleep Talk, Earth Power, Trick

As per Zevn's suggestion;

Gallade / Lucario - Drain Punch

And I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there is a lot of stuff.
    Last edited by Agonist; 17th March 2012 at 1:36 AM.

you should really put drain punch on that Gallade.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

I confirmed that I hit my delay by coin flips, and my seed had 0 flips/taps, so I accepted the egg, hatched it, and it didn't come out shiny. It didn't even have the right nature or ability.

And add Bug Bite/Superpower Scizor to that list. And possibly Aqua Tail/Superpower/Head Smash Aggron.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 17th March 2012 at 1:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    @Winter02

Adding on to this list

Gyarados - Sleep Talk, Bounce
    Toxicroak - Ice Punch, Gunk Shot?
    Hitmonlee - Sucker Punch, Knock Off
    Hitmontop - Sucker Punch
    Altaria - Roost, Heal Bell, Outrage
    Crobat - Roost, Super Fang, Tailwind
    Zapdos - Heat Wave, Roost
    Togekiss - Roost, Heal Bell, Trick
    Marowak / Rampardos - Fire Punch
    Starmie - Gravity
    Bronzor - Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Trick
    Skarmory - Roost
    Tyranitar - Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Stealth Rock
    Garchomp - Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
    Honchkrow - Heat Wave, Superpower

As per Zevn's suggestion;

Gallade / Lucario - Drain Punch

And I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there is a lot of stuff.
    Thanks for these suggestions, it gives me a bit more to choose from. I had completely forgotten about Marowak and Rampardos, might start with either of them.

And I'll probably do a Drain Punch Gallade as well.

Are the flips/taps listed the total I should do? Because if that's the case, I did 0 taps and 10 flips when I should've done none.

Added a few more pokes to that list, also yeah, Vandslaux's pokes as well, although you already did the Scyther I see. Give it Superpower, Roost, Bug Bite, and Tailwind or something.

Page 180 of 287 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast