Page 183 of 286 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #4551
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    So the problem probably lies in my calibrated delay? Calibrating at Mt. Silver atm. Why must HGSS have such crappy levels??


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  2. #4552
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I was going through dust clouds looking for evolutionary stones, and I was wondering: If it's possible to RNG the pokemon in shaking grass, fishing spots, and dust clouds, is it also possible to RNG the items in dust clouds?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  3. #4553
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    OK, now my Elm responses are giving results. Though the results are about 10 off my target delay. First time, i got 1099, now I got 1097.

    EDIT: I don't understand. RNGReporter is highlighting my target Elm responses (E-E-K-P-E-E-K-E-E) when I got EKKPEEKEE. I've heard something about something like "skipping" in HGSS. Is this what happened?

    I'm also reading this guide, and it says that calling Joey advances by 2, and he says that calling him twice and rejecting an egg would advance by 2. Wouldn't that put you at frame 6? Or does it start on frame 0?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 17th March 2012 at 11:26 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  4. #4554
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    So the problem probably lies in my calibrated delay? Calibrating at Mt. Silver atm. Why must HGSS have such crappy levels??

    Why not just calibrate as you RNG with Eontimer? If so then you won't have to be even calibrating.

  5. #4555
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    An archive's alcove.
    Posts
    852

    Default

    I think you should calibrate off of Mewtwo, then escape rope out of there.

    Worked great for me.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

  6. #4556
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    I've hit my delay. (I think, it was one off, but RNG Reporter still highlighted my target delay, my first three were EKK when my target was EEK, rest matched.) Now what? I've put my parents in the daycare, and I have an egg ready. My target frame is 3. Does that mean I reject 2 eggs, or 3 eggs? Does accepting an egg also advance the RNG?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  7. #4557
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    On SS I just Pokechecked what I caught to get the IVs and found my normal delay that way.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

  8. #4558
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I've hit my delay. (I think, it was one off, but RNG Reporter still highlighted my target delay, my first three were EKK when my target was EEK, rest matched.) Now what? I've put my parents in the daycare, and I have an egg ready. My target frame is 3. Does that mean I reject 2 eggs, or 3 eggs? Does accepting an egg also advance the RNG?
    You have to save in front of the third egg. Reject the first 2.

  9. #4559
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under the light of a new moon
    Posts
    2

    Default

    for rnging in the giant chasm do you have to use de-fog to start using sweet scent?

    aiming for flawless ditto

  10. #4560
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Defog wont work actually. What you do is save in the chasm, set your DS clock forward a month, catch something (this should clear the fog), and save again. Then you RNG.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

  11. #4561
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moon View Post
    for rnging in the giant chasm do you have to use de-fog to start using sweet scent?

    aiming for flawless ditto
    There is no De-Fog move in BW. You have save in the Giant Chasm. Change your date a month ahead of behind. Get in a battle and after that it will disappear and then save. After that, proceed to RNG.

  12. #4562
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I was going through dust clouds looking for evolutionary stones, and I was wondering: If it's possible to RNG the pokemon in shaking grass, fishing spots, and dust clouds, is it also possible to RNG the items in dust clouds?
    its possible to RNG the dust clouds, you would do it like any other RNG. However, i dont think they have completely figured out how the clouds are generated so you would have to keep checking different seeds until you get on that works. Also, i read somewhere that the newer versions of RNG reporter support RNGing items (which might mean they have also figured out more about the dust cloud generation mechanics) so you should be able to select some option within RNG reporter. I've never actually tried so i cant really say to much about it, but it is possible to do
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  13. #4563
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    basically for dust spots, you choose a frame that is the same number of pokes in your party + one, then run around for 128 steps to advance it to that frame. Then hopefully you find a dust spot before you've taken 256 steps. Every step you take is +2 to the PID, and every time you turn without stepping it's +2.

  14. #4564

    Default

    I just realized that I haven't RNGed anything in the longest time(haven't been on Serebii in a while either, but that's another story). I need to think of a good project to do now.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  15. #4565
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Well here's my Rayquaza

    Nobunaga's Rayquaza!

    #384 Rayquaza - レックウザ | | - | ノブナガ
    Hasty | Air Lock | UT @ Lv. 70
    31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70

  16. #4566
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    So I am supposed to reject 2 eggs (or call Joey once) and then accept the egg to get to frame 3? I tried before, and I got Naughty, ability 0. My seed is 030E044B and my ID are 16149 and my SID is 25257, so could somebody examine this and see what I did wrong?

    If it helps, Joey is waiting for a rematch, or is it him calling me that is bad? I'm rejecting two eggs and accepting one and I'm hitting frame 5. I have no roamers. Should I try just accepting the egg?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 18th March 2012 at 3:33 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  17. #4567
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    So I am supposed to reject 2 eggs (or call Joey once) and then accept the egg to get to frame 3? I tried before, and I got Naughty, ability 0. My seed is 030E044B and my ID are 16149 and my SID is 25257, so could somebody examine this and see what I did wrong?

    If it helps, Joey is waiting for a rematch, or is it him calling me that is bad? I'm rejecting two eggs and accepting one and I'm hitting frame 5. I have no roamers. Should I try just accepting the egg?
    When doing the first step of egg RNG the frames go by eggs so calling anyone doesn't matter at all. Also calling Joey when he wants a rematch does nothing for you. You want him to NOT want a rematch.

  18. #4568
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    True. There's still the problem of doing 2 rejections and accepting the third one, and I get frame 5, Naughty Ability 0, though. Should I try doing no rejections, and see what I get?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  19. #4569
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    True. There's still the problem of doing 2 rejections and accepting the third one, and I get frame 5, Naughty Ability 0, though. Should I try doing no rejections, and see what I get?
    By all means go for it. You can always pick a seed with a frame off 1.

  20. #4570
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    It's funny how, sometimes, it's so hard to hit a delay, but it's so easy once you find the right calibrated delay.

    Anyways, doing a control run w/ no rejections atm.

    EDIT: got frame 1. I really should just try a frame 1 seed; this is ridiculous.

    Found a frame 1 seed and hit it, checking with Elm responses. Now I just run around, save, and the egg should be shiny?

    EDIT: Just hatched shiny, now to go for IVs. Honestly, it isn't that hard to find a frame 1 seed.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 18th March 2012 at 4:38 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  21. #4571
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default


    #405 Luxray | | ♂
    Naughty | Intimidate | UT @ Lv. 30 | Non-Redis
    31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | Fire 70
    Superpower | Signal Beam | Iron Tail | Sleep Talk

    This might have been my easiest 4th Gen RNG yet! Besides the roamers I guess.

  22. #4572
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    An archive's alcove.
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Well I figured out how to manipulate the swarms in SS, so I have a Careful female Ralts. Now I need to see if this same method works for getting the Warden to call. I advance the hours to 23:59, save at 00:01, and if repeated the game gives you a new swarm. You guys probably already knew this, but I didn't.

    So, as soon as I find a Duskull I can x-fer the catch and try my hand at the TID/SID stuff.

    By the way Tdawg, is it going to be possible to find a Shiny Timid roamer spread that is flawless, that can also provide flawless Synch for the stationaries? (I mean penta flawless btw, I'll do an entire save file for rayquaza's need for hex-flawless)

    Nice Luxray, it's actually one of the two electric pokemon that doesn't offend me. If only it was better.
    Last edited by Zevn; 18th March 2012 at 6:39 AM.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

  23. #4573
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    I think I have the process down pretty well. Decided to clean up my format.


    Scyther || UT
    Adamant | Technician | Bug / Flying
    31/31/31/19/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
    Bug Bite | Roost | Tailwind
    Attached Images Attached Images


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  24. #4574
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    By the way Tdawg, is it going to be possible to find a Shiny Timid roamer spread that is flawless, that can also provide flawless Synch for the stationaries? (I mean penta flawless btw, I'll do an entire save file for rayquaza's need for hex-flawless)

    Nice Luxray, it's actually one of the two electric pokemon that doesn't offend me. If only it was better.
    Hmm I am quite sure. Using a synch in 4th Gen can drastically change a seed's frames. So a synch can't always help. I know there are ID/SIDs that can give you multiple shiny flawless natured seeds, but I am not sure what they are.

    Thanks! I like the shiny version.

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I think I have the process down pretty well. Decided to clean up my format.


    Scyther || UT
    Adamant | Technician | Bug / Flying
    31/31/31/19/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
    Bug Bite | Roost | Tailwind
    Glad you finally got it. No superpower though? By the way your format repeats typing twice.

  25. #4575

    Default

    Two types

    *Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

Page 183 of 286 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •