Page 205 of 286 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 7145

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    You should upgrade. :P There are faster searches in 9.95, and any bugs from previous 9.9s have been fixed.

Anyway, I don't know if this feature is present in 9.81, but right click on any of the PIDRNG frames in the main window, then click Display Characteristics in Search, and enter the IVs.
    Ok so I've upgraded to 9.95, put in my seed, brought up all the characteristics and now I think I'm even further away
    My Calm, Bashful, Impish and Lonely all came up with Likes to Thrash About. My Timid is Somewhat Vain. However they don't match the one's I was looking at and I can't seem to find any viable options

Can anyone help my seed is 0CB76D1952FE0FD7 - Just want someone to help find where I am!!! lol Ask me if you need any other info.

Thanks in advance

So I'm about to RNG my Skarmory, and this is how I've got it set up:

Sturdy(will be putting on Leftovers) Impish, flawless barring the meaningless Sp.A, running with: Roost, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock..

My problem is that I'm not sure if I want to run Brave Bird or Drill Peck, Brave Bird doesn't take as good advantage of Sturdy with a Recovery move, and item, but Drill Peck is a significant power drop. I am leaning towards brave bird right now, because I see myself phasing with Skarmory much more than attacking directly, and when I do I may want that extra power from Brave Bird.

edit:
    Working on Skarmory really made me miss Hoenn, and running in that falling ash trying to catch my first one.
    Last edited by Zevn; 13th April 2012 at 9:00 PM.
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

What do you guys think I should breed in gen IV?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    What do you guys think I should breed in gen IV?
    Not sure what you already have, but here is a list of suggestions (credit goes to Agonist and some other members here):

Scizor - Superpower, Bug Bite, Tailwind, Roost
    Marowak - Fire Punch, Thunderpunch
    Starmie – Gravity, Trick
    Mudkip - Earth Power, Superpower, Ice Punch, Sleep Talk, Aqua Tail
    Porygon-Z - Dark Pulse, Trick
    Weavile - Ice Punch, Low Kick
    Salamence - Outrage, Roost, Tailwind, Aqua Tail, Heatwave, Dragon Pulse
    Metagross - Stealth Rock, Elemental Punches, Trick
    Claydol - Pain Split, Sleep Talk, Earth Power, Trick
    Altaria - Roost, Heal Bell, Outrage
    Garchomp - Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
    Gallade - Elemental Punches, Trick, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Drain Punch
    Rampardos - Fire Punch, Thunderpunch
    Aggron – Head Smash, Superpower, Aqua Tail, Elemental Punches
    Lucario - Ice Punch, Drain Punch
    Ludicolo - Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Seed Bomb
    Gyarados - Sleep Talk, Bounce
    Toxicroak - Ice Punch, Gunk Shot?
    Hitmonlee - Sucker Punch, Knock Off
    Hitmontop - Sucker Punch
    Crobat - Roost, Super Fang, Tailwind
    Togekiss - Roost, Heal Bell, Trick
    Bronzong - Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Trick
    Tyranitar - Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Stealth Rock
    Honchkrow - Heat Wave, Superpower
    Gastrodon - Earth Power
    Steelix - Sleep Talk, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
    Mamoswine – Superpower, Stealth Rock
    Gliscor - Roost, Stealth Rock, Tailwind
    Flygon - Outrage, Elemental Punches
    Skarmory – Roost
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

That covers a lot of options, but not your best choices. If you go strictly from that list, and neglect looking further in to each one you'll end up missing crucial egg moves.

Not knocking your contribution there, just pointing it out.
    Gandalf to Saruman

I'm trying out Headbutt RNG, and I've hit my seed. I stop at the frame 3 frames before my target, correct? Or does RNG Reporter 9.95 have the 2 frame advancement from Headbutt built in?

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Ok so I've upgraded to 9.95, put in my seed, brought up all the characteristics and now I think I'm even further away
    My Calm, Bashful, Impish and Lonely all came up with Likes to Thrash About. My Timid is Somewhat Vain. However they don't match the one's I was looking at and I can't seem to find any viable options

Can anyone help my seed is 0CB76D1952FE0FD7 - Just want someone to help find where I am!!! lol Ask me if you need any other info.

Thanks in advance
    OK still no luck with this!! But now I've found 2 new Shiny jolly seeds with frames of 493 and 616 do you think these woud be viable (they are both Summer)

I called Elm to 73, considering it had worked before when I advanced to the frame before my target, but I was utterly disappointed when I got a Naughty Hoothoot on frame 73. Does this not apply for Headbutt abuse?

Edit: Got the Relaxed Pineco, but now I realize I had the wrong lead.

Edit again: Now I get a 31/31/31/11/31/31 Relaxed Hoothoot when I Headbutt, which is encounter slot 0, but my seed says 2 for the encounter slot. Why is this?

I now read that the Headbutt encounter slots aren't mapped yet, and I just found a nice seed in which it says 2 for the encounter slot in both Time Finder and the main window.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 14th April 2012 at 1:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    That covers a lot of options, but not your best choices. If you go strictly from that list, and neglect looking further in to each one you'll end up missing crucial egg moves.

Not knocking your contribution there, just pointing it out.
    I get what you are saying, but the main reason for breeding in 4th gen is to get Move Tutor moves and TMs exclusive to 4th gen. But still, Egg moves are important, that is not to forget. I should probably add some important Egg moves to the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    I get what you are saying, but the main reason for breeding in 4th gen is to get Move Tutor moves and TMs exclusive to 4th gen. But still, Egg moves are important, that is not to forget. I should probably add some important Egg moves to the list as well.
    You're probably aware of most of the competitively viable/crucial egg moves that you'd want in conjunction with the gen 4 moves you posted, but some of them really jumped out at me, like:

Shadow Sneak on Gallade
    Stealth Rock, Whirlwind (if you want to use them over Spikes/Roar) and Brave Bird or Drill Peck on Skarmory
    Outrage on Garchomp
    Hi Jump Kick on Lucario
    Drain Punch on Toxicroak
    Fake Out, and Ice Shard on Weavile (since without breeding you have to choose between Night Slash and Ice Shard)
    Gandalf to Saruman

Just a question- in the time finder, I got a match for a stunfisk that I wanted. The frame said one, so I assumed that I would just sweet scent. Instead of my male, bold stunfisk, I got a female, adamant stunfisk. what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    Just a question- in the time finder, I got a match for a stunfisk that I wanted. The frame said one, so I assumed that I would just sweet scent. Instead of my male, bold stunfisk, I got a female, adamant stunfisk. what happened?
    You'e not accounting for what your starting frame is.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    You'e not accounting for what your starting frame is.
    And I don't know how to find that.

in the main window copy and paste your seed, then hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" from there, find a PID frame that has a bold Stunfisk with the right encounter slot (Time finder should have given you the frame i think). From there just advance your PID frame with chatots
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks. Also, I can use saving instead, right? I'm still trying to get my chatot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    Thanks. Also, I can use saving instead, right? I'm still trying to get my chatot.
    Yeah, you can save to advance your PIDRNG frame by one as well, but you should really try to get two Chatot soon, since they're a much faster way of doing it.

I'm still trying to get it from this site. A guy is willing to give me it, but servers were glitchy and I couldn't get it.

EDIT- Blah. After putting all the information in the reporter, I still got one, and I did it again, and guess what? I got a flipping shelmet. Accidentally killed it, however.
    Last edited by Tyoyo3131; 15th April 2012 at 6:07 PM.

Ok thought I was getting somewhere with my Tornadus had 4 in the right place that matched nature, characteristic etc, so just went for it, caught him, IV's are correct but it's Timid and Alerts to sounds which does not appear in the list at all (well at least not within 2000 frames!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    You're probably aware of most of the competitively viable/crucial egg moves that you'd want in conjunction with the gen 4 moves you posted, but some of them really jumped out at me, like:

Shadow Sneak on Gallade
    Stealth Rock, Whirlwind (if you want to use them over Spikes/Roar) and Brave Bird or Drill Peck on Skarmory
    Outrage on Garchomp
    Hi Jump Kick on Lucario
    Drain Punch on Toxicroak
    Fake Out, and Ice Shard on Weavile (since without breeding you have to choose between Night Slash and Ice Shard)
    Yeah, I always look at the Egg moves before I start breeding a Pokemon to make sure I don't miss anything.

As for the ones you listed, I agree on Gallade and Skarmory, not sure about the others. Garchomp gets Outrage through Move Tutor and Lucario can use Close Combat instead of Hi Jump Kick. I couldn't find Drain Punch on Toxicroak's move list so I assume it is a 5th gen exclusive move (ironically). As for Weavile, Fake Out and maybe Counter are viable egg moves, but I'm not sure I get what you mean with having to choose between Night Slash and Ice Shard as Sneasel learns Ice Shard through level-up, while Weavile learns Night Slash (at an earlier level, but that can be fixed by using the Move relearner).

Mmm I prefer the breeding method for Outrage because I hate the battle factory, I've seen Hi Jump Kick used in conjunction with Close Combat, or as a substitute for greater power, I'm not sure what KOs it gets over Close Combat though. That's funny about Toxicroak, eek. Annnddd, my mistake on Weavile, I was under the wrong impression about Night Slash.
    Gandalf to Saruman

alright i found my soulsilver version but wtf do i have to seperate a shiny search and seprate iv to get a flawless one?? i reading up on it on smogon and its confusing someone please help me...what tab should i use and how can i rng a flawless shiny...smogon guide is so confusing to me...i have the 9.95 beta version so yeah :/ wow this seems more tough then black and white LOL...

PLEASE HELP ME...someone please give me a step by step how to search i want to make a shiny feebas in this game so i can have it learn sleep talk and rest...this is my attempt...i may be going to big but i really want one for my own...

edit: sorry just really confused...i ramble on when im confused LOL...its just the process is way different then black and white so im lost LOL...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Are you talking about eggs?
    Gandalf to Saruman

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    alright i found my soulsilver version but wtf do i have to seperate a shiny search and seprate iv to get a flawless one?? i reading up on it on smogon and its confusing someone please help me...what tab should i use and how can i rng a flawless shiny...smogon guide is so confusing to me...i have the 9.95 beta version so yeah :/ wow this seems more tough then black and white LOL...

PLEASE HELP ME...someone please give me a step by step how to search i want to make a shiny feebas in this game so i can have it learn sleep talk and rest...this is my attempt...i may be going to big but i really want one for my own...

edit: sorry just really confused...i ramble on when im confused LOL...its just the process is way different then black and white so im lost LOL...
    Eggs PID and IVs in 4th Gen are separated, so when the egg is generated that's when the Nature, shininess, ability, and gender will be determined. IVs are set when you pick up the egg. That's why you're so confused because BW put them together.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Eggs PID and IVs in 4th Gen are separated, so when the egg is generated that's when the Nature, shininess, ability, and gender will be determined. IVs are set when you pick up the egg. That's why you're so confused because BW put them together.
    okay got it thanks tdawg that makes sense so then once i find the shiny egg its suppose to be at with the reporter do I then go through the iv tab to calculate when to it to pick up the egg correct? also do i need to search peremeters at all for sshg? I don't think you do you just need your sid but i could be wrong its just the reporter has 3 time finders for 3rd,4th and 5th...If i have to then i did write down all iv's and etc and date time for my black version to have its same timer if i upgrade or use it for a different generation, anyway so it should be fine if i change it...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 16th April 2012 at 8:27 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

I got a question. Before I go to the Elite Four, should I kill both Raikou and Entei? So I can RNG'd them later. I also got my ID/SID on the first try. o_O Unbelievable!

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Page 205 of 286 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast