Page 210 of 286 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    if you can advance the PIDRNG for wild pokemon you can RNG eggs. There are no IVRNG advancements so once you hit your seed all you have to do is mash X to pull up the menu and then do the proper number of Chatot flips, If you miss your PID frame, adjust and try again. Thats it, its really the same as wild RNGing except no IV advancements and its easier to find shiny seeds.
    Thanks! yaaaaay I don't have to do all that fancy footwork with certain amounts of Pokemon in my party XD that gets tiring and expensive with all the repels and such.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

I've been following all the steps, but I think my Timer0 for this game is off. Can't get the ID/SID I'm aiming for. I'll hit the frame, then say no to the name the number of times I need, but I'm always wrong, even when I change the number of nos or try different ID/SID combos. It's too far now to try to correct my Timer0 too, I think.

EDIT: I'm finding that it's hit or miss when trying to "Find Seed Hit." When I hit the Standard Frame and use the ID to try and get the Seed Hit, half the time it won't work and half the time it'll come up with it. And when it does, and I use my new Initial Frame to try and get the Frame needed for my ID/SID it won't hit that ID/SID. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Last edited by Magester; 8th May 2012 at 8:14 AM.
    Pokemon I'm in need of to complete my little Pokedex. Whoo!
    or or or , , , , and

Currently working on my RNG skills. Getting better... slowly...

I'm trying to RNG this new Darkrai event, however I'm not entirely sure how to work it for a Wondercard RNG.
    or or or , , , , and

Quote Originally Posted by Magester View Post
    I'm trying to RNG this new Darkrai event, however I'm not entirely sure how to work it for a Wondercard RNG.
    wondercard RNGing is straight PIDRNG advancements. Grab your two chatots, go to the PC at the E4 (or any PC with no NPCs) save, hit your seed, and do the proper number pf Chatot flips. Wondercard RNGing is, in my humble opinion, the easiest form of Gen 5 RNGing there is
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Wondercard is the easiest form of Gen 5 RNGing there is
    Fixed the post for you . There is no reason someone should be able to do any other form of RNG and not do Wondercard RNG as long as they have the knowledge of how it works. But yeah Magester you should be fine RNGing the Darkrai. If you need help getting it started though I am sure we can help you.

=P Just can't find the IVs I want with the Nature I want. Right now it's just a lot of searching to get my flawless.

Edit: What should my min and max advances be set at? Is it 8 for both?
    Last edited by Magester; 9th May 2012 at 7:33 AM.
    or or or , , , , and

Quote Originally Posted by Magester View Post
    =P Just can't find the IVs I want with the Nature I want. Right now it's just a lot of searching to get my flawless.

Edit: What should my min and max advances be set at? Is it 8 for both?
    Since its just PID advancements min/max should be however many chatot flips you feel like doing. i do 2/150, but others set the min to a lower number and add in additional keypresses (i only do 1 keypress). It really all depends on you, someone on pokecheck mentioned that they did 500+ advancements for their Darkrai. That is not really necessary, but if you dont mind 5 minutes of flipping, go for it,
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Good to know. I was under the impression that the Wondercard section acted like IV Standard Seeds.
    or or or , , , , and

About how much less time should I wait for how many times my Entralink target moves?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I just RNG'd shiny Croagunk from breeding. However, I'm having a problem with its IV's. My target is 8. I'm kept getting wrong calls from Elm. I also know my calibrated delay. Can anyone help?

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    I just RNG'd shiny Croagunk from breeding. However, I'm having a problem with its IV's. My target is 8. I'm kept getting wrong calls from Elm. I also know my calibrated delay. Can anyone help?
    Are you using Eontimer? If you aren't start. Other then that if you are make sure you're updating the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Are you using Eontimer? If you aren't start. Other then that if you are make sure you're updating the timer.
    Yes, I am. I figured out that my calibration is between 490-500. Should I try different numbers and go for it, or do calibration phase first?

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    Yes, I am. I figured out that my calibration is between 490-500. Should I try different numbers and go for it, or do calibration phase first?
    Just calibrate as you RNG. Eontimer takes the calibration phase out of the equation. Definitely try other ranges though. I find my cali delay is 500-510.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Just calibrate as you RNG. Eontimer takes the calibration phase out of the equation. Definitely try other ranges though. I find my cali delay is 500-510.
    Thanks a lot! x3 I'll figure it out what's my range is.

I'm having trouble hitting my PIDRNG frames. I know I'm hitting my Stardard Seed because I can map out the first catch and a few PIDRNG frames past it, but after a certain number of PIDRNG advances the nature/gender/encounter slots are completely wrong and off. It tends to happen after 9 PIDRNG frames that it'll stop following my list. Does anyone know what's up with that?
    or or or , , , , and

Is Wondercard RNGing really that easy compared to other ones? Because I just won't get it right to save my life, I'm at it for months now.

Are there common beginner-mistakes? I don't find what I'm doing wrong but it must be something.

Quote Originally Posted by do-re-mi View Post
    Is Wondercard RNGing really that easy compared to other ones? Because I just won't get it right to save my life, I'm at it for months now.

Are there common beginner-mistakes? I don't find what I'm doing wrong but it must be something.
    Yes. It's the easiest RNG out of all of them.

You might want to state what you're doing. Beginner mistakes may be not setting parameters, not getting your common timer0, not setting custom chatters on your Chatot(s), saving in a Pokemon Center with NPCs, not accounting for your starting frame, and I guess confusing the PID frame with the IV frame.

Hey some guy is offering my a RNG Shiny Snivy

Its stats are lv.1 Modest nature and IVs are 25/23/24/31/6/29

Is this worth taking, as im not too sure about the whole EV/IV business but the SP.DEF looks really low combaring to the rest of the stats, do these stats about right and worth taking and training or is it a dodgy one? please help

Quote Originally Posted by Covcraig View Post
    Hey some guy is offering my a RNG Shiny Snivy

Its stats are lv.1 Modest nature and IVs are 25/23/24/31/6/29

Is this worth taking, as im not too sure about the whole EV/IV business but the SP.DEF looks really low combaring to the rest of the stats, do these stats about right and worth taking and training or is it a dodgy one? please help
    This is not the thread for that.

As for my question, do NPCs move while you're in the menu screen, unlike BW? Attempting my first SS wild pokemon RNG in an area with NPCs. My idea was to advance to my target frame, taking NPCs that move before I press Pokegear, then Sweet Scenting without leaving the menu?

The problem is, though, IDK if there's any Cute Charmer that learns Sweet Scent. Apparently, BCC frames can be very off without Cute Charm.

Will I just have to pray the frame is correct and use a Sweet Scenter?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 12th May 2012 at 2:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    As for my question, do NPCs move while you're in the menu screen, unlike BW? Attempting my first SS wild pokemon RNG in an area with NPCs. My idea was to advance to my target frame, taking NPCs that move before I press Pokegear, then Sweet Scenting without leaving the menu?
    No, they don't move while you're on the menu. This makes it very easy to RNG in HGSS, as you can track your frames using the Pokégear and then Sweet Scent without having to worry about WNPCs.

The problem is, though, IDK if there's any Cute Charmer that learns Sweet Scent. Apparently, BCC frames can be very off without Cute Charm.
    Nope, there isn't.

Also, do NPCs move while using Headbutt? Just thought of something else to abuse my shiny ID spread with.

Alright, so I'm RNGing a shiny snivy egg. I've done successful RNGs in the past (pokemon in the wild) but I've never done eggs. Also I haven't really done any RNGing in the past four monthes so I'm somewhat rusty :P. I found the parents that I want for it and calculated a couple seeds (on PPRNG). Which would be easier to do?

~Keypress: left. PID Start Frame: 53. PID Frame: 100. IV Frame:8.
    ~Keypress: up. PID Start Frame: 42. PID Frame: 216. IV Frame:8.

Thanks!
    ~BB

Credit to iPokemon

53/100, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    53/100, definitely.
    Thanks So before hitting the seed 'n everything I need to put the parents into the daycare and get an egg, then I save in front of the daycare man, hit my seed at the correct time, keypress, open menu supah fast and ninjalike, chatot flip for eons, then get the egg. Right? I feel like I'm skipping a step here...

Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    Thanks So before hitting the seed 'n everything I need to put the parents into the daycare and get an egg, then I save in front of the daycare man, hit my seed at the correct time, keypress, open menu supah fast and ninjalike, chatot flip for eons, then get the egg. Right? I feel like I'm skipping a step here...
    You're missing finding your SSF. Though you probably knew that.

And why have I been not able to match up any delays all day?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 12th May 2012 at 7:38 PM.

Page 210 of 286 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast