Page 220 of 286 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 7145

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    many users at pokecheck have Kaiser. You can ask them how its done, i dont have the games so i really havent paid much attention to it. Ask around though, some people have uploaded almost all of the HH pokemon RNGed. Between everyone that has the game, i think all new abilities have pretty much been uploaded, so someone should definitly be able to help you

Good luck though, i hear some people have around 8-12 Timer0 values on their games, so be prepared for a troll fest.
    I'm waiting until Black2 reaches the US, so I'll have time to learn how it's done. Just curious to see if anyone has figured it out yet. Although if the Timer0 gets realy trolly I might just switch to my old Black/White games and RNG from there.

EDIT: Also any word on RNGing the Dream Radar?
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 5th July 2012 at 5:00 AM. Reason: added question

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Oh, and what a beautiful Lugia you have :3 Since entralink abuse is now standard seed abuse too, was the process just: hit seed, advance PID frame via chatot, collect pokemon? or is there more to it still?
    It was Dream Radar, but the process is similar. Very easy to know if you've hit your seed or not. Finding a good seed takes a lot longer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Also any word on RNGing the Dream Radar?
    http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1561272
    RNG Abuse for Mac and iOS Users: PPRNG

Quote Originally Posted by chiizu View Post
    I have not heard of anyone seeing more than 6 Timer0 values on an actual cart.

Yeah, this is not clear. It seems very few people use this feature because this is the first time I've seen a question about it.

S = Synchronize: A synchronizer's ability will activate on this frame for this encounter type, so any nature can be obtained.

O = "Other" (non-Cute Charm): This frame is can be hit, but Synchronize will not activate, so you can only get the nature shown for that row. Cute Charm may also be usuable but is not included because it modifies the PID, which affects shininess.

Blank = Can't hit this PID for the given encounter type.
    Thanks for the clarification. It all makes sense now.

*Edit

Too sick!
    Last edited by drothagreat0ne; 5th July 2012 at 7:18 AM.

Few days ago, I caught a Volcarona.

Female
    Timid
    HP Rock
    31/31/30/31/30/30

Pretty happy with it. Tried to RNG using the same method in the wild (though sweet scenting) and it didn't work. Poo poo.

Do want.

Why can't English BW2 and Dream Radar be out already? D:

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    No, you should press X from the summary screen, and rapidly press A while the screen returns to the overworld to receive the egg as quickly as possible. Taking this approach, the NPCs should only advance by 2-5.

No. At the very least, you need three flawless IVs between the parents.

You don't need to calibrate anymore, thanks to EonTimer. Just enter 510 or thereabouts as your calibrated delay, then update EonTimer often with the delay you hit (only if you're considerably off the target delay).

Yes. Here's a download link.

Try this revised guide. I haven't used it myself or read through it to a great degree, but it may be helpful.
    Wait, what will the NPCs advance? the SF? If so, then how does it affect it?
    Could you give an example please? I have a hard time understand how to RNG eggs (and i thought this would be as easy as RNGing stationaries).
    And thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    for 5th gen breeding if you want a certain hp then yes you need to have at least one flawless and the other have at least two iv's 30 and the rest 31 otherwise no you don't have to have both flawless as long as one is flawless it should be fine...also what are you asking about the npc's? it depends on the frame of your target - the target you hit normally of the first 5 frames you should hit without chatot crys will determin how many chatots you need to hear...i just get so confused easily lol...

yes you need the timer and here the site for you its for both but once you read it its quite straight forward http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 im still learning too on 4th gen...eleventh and dewey are alot of help
    But if i want an egg with 30/31/30/31/31/30 IVs (just an example), then isn't it enough if i already have one pokemon with those IVs? Why do i need two?
    Sorry but i didn't understand the rest about the NPCs. What first 5 frames i should hit?

Also, i use two guides (guide 1, guide 2), but both of these show 2 completely different ways to RNG eggs (one with the capture tab in time finder, the other one with the egg tab).
    Most other guides i have read mentions the egg tab, which seems to be the correct one, so i tried to use this guide instead, but it seemed even more confusing than the last two (ex. why are you supposed to put min frame to 5 and max frame to as much as i want? and what is chatter pitch?)

EDIT: Decided to add some images from my last try:

Spoiler:- Time finder:

Spoiler:- Main screen:

Also, is it normal for this pattern to appear in the main screen:

Spoiler:- Main screen2:

In these tries i used this guide.

And one last question (for now): I got more than 4000 results in the time finder (egg tab) in less than 5 seconds, is that normal or did i do something wrong?
    Last edited by Phoenix_85x; 5th July 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_85x View Post
    Wait, what will the NPCs advance? the SF? If so, then how does it affect it?
    Could you give an example please? I have a hard time understand how to RNG eggs (and i thought this would be as easy as RNGing stationaries).
    And thanks for the link.
    Yeah, the NPCs advance the starting frame by like 2-7, which means you'll have to do less advances than you would if they didn't advance. O

But if i want an egg with 30/31/30/31/31/30 IVs (just an example), then isn't it enough if i already have one pokemon with those IVs? Why do i need two?
    Sorry but i didn't understand the rest about the NPCs. What first 5 frames i should hit?
    You don't need two. Hell, you don't even need one to be flawless. Having two makes it easier of course, but all you actually need is to have the parents have three IVs you want between them. So, you're fine with just one good parent.

Also, i use two guides (guide 1, guide 2), but both of these show 2 completely different ways to RNG eggs (one with the capture tab in time finder, the other one with the egg tab).
    Most other guides i have read mentions the egg tab, which seems to be the correct one, so i tried to use this guide instead, but it seemed even more confusing than the last two (ex. why are you supposed to put min frame to 5 and max frame to as much as i want? and what is chatter pitch?)

And one last question (for now): I got more than 4000 results in the time finder (egg tab) in less than 5 seconds, is that normal or did i do something wrong?
    I think the problem is that the last guide you're using is based off of newer versions of RNG Reporter, which searches by number of advancements you want to do instead of what frame you need to hit. Most of the results you're finding are impossible for you to hit. On the main screen, you should be searching for things under Gen 5 Breeding(or something like that, I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while), and then choose calculate PIDRNG.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Continuing on from yesterday's problem: I'm not getting any results with a low Shiny Frame. I get plenty of results without the Shiny option checked.
    I'm going for a shiny flawless Ditto btw.

Spoiler:- Screenshot:
    Last edited by Zorua?!; 5th July 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua?! View Post
    Continuing on from yesterday's problem: I'm not getting any results with a low Shiny Frame. I get plenty of results without the Shiny option checked.
    You'll just have to keep searching. Add keypresses to your search (parameters tab). Remember, there is still a 1/8192 chance, and you're going for flawless Pokémon.

try increasing your IV frames. 128 steps isnt bad and it doesnt even take long so increase your max from 1 to 7. This will also help with PID advancements if you have a shiny PID frame at 500 or so. Each step advances the PID frame by one (if walking in the grass or a cave, or anywhere else where wild pokemon appear) so if your shiny PID frame is at 400 and your starting PID frame is 50, after advancing your IV frame you would only need to do 322 chatot flips instead of 450. Just keep searching though and you will get one soon, i didnt find a seed for a hex-flawless ditto until 2013 (PID frame of 99 too which was nice XD)
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Yeah, the NPCs advance the starting frame by like 2-7, which means you'll have to do less advances than you would if they didn't advance. O

You don't need two. Hell, you don't even need one to be flawless. Having two makes it easier of course, but all you actually need is to have the parents have three IVs you want between them. So, you're fine with just one good parent.

I think the problem is that the last guide you're using is based off of newer versions of RNG Reporter, which searches by number of advancements you want to do instead of what frame you need to hit. Most of the results you're finding are impossible for you to hit. On the main screen, you should be searching for things under Gen 5 Breeding(or something like that, I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while), and then choose calculate PIDRNG.
    I am using RNG reporter 9.93. Is there any good guide for that version? Or are most guides based of that version? And thanks for the help.

I usually search for above 27/xx/27/30/27/30 IVs and i often only get 4-5 results for those IVs (with 3 keypresses and 1 encounter slot).
    The only times i get a flawless shiny pokemon are when i have lots and lots of time as well as lots of encounter slots that the same pokemon appear in.
    I would recommend to lower the IVs unless you are extremely patient.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to use repels if you follow Dewey's advice (which is a good advice).
    And i was wondering, will turning advance the IV frame or will only walking advance the frame?
    Since PID frames get advance by 2 every time you turn and/or move.
    Last edited by Phoenix_85x; 6th July 2012 at 1:19 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

I am using RNG reporter 9.93. Is there any good guide for that version? Or are most guides based of that version? And thanks for the help.
    I'm not sure if there is, but the only real difference is the advances vs frames thing. Just search for frames between like 60-100 or whatever you're willing to advance to, and you should be fine.

Edit: Terrible news for RNG breeding in BW2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1390

from what I can gather, you only get one seed for it.
    Last edited by Too Funk to Druck; 6th July 2012 at 4:01 AM.

and yes I'm still a girl

Ninja'd as I was typing. Terrible news indeed, but it's not all doom and gloom seeing as how Ditto and other such things make slight changes (unless you want to breed Nidoran/Fireflies). Hozu understands it better than most other people so I'll quote him on this.
    However. This CAN be salvaged IF an Everstone nature is passed on.
    Something like that. You'll get different things sort of if you use Ditto vs not, Everstone vs not, and I think DW vs not. Shiny charm/MM work properly.
    The only upsides to this I can see is that BW2 didn't push away BW1 with new egg moves, and that you can't breed until post E4 in BW2 anyway. This could be fixed in the international release but I seriously doubt it based on things like the Roamer IV glitch in 3rd gen not being fixed across several releases.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Great news guys!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=929

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=930

now if your not a coding kind of person (and i most certainly am not) what that means is, in its simplest form, the B2/W2 breeding RNG is effectively broken and virtually useless.

Here is what happens. When the game is started and the character is generated the RNG produces a seed and stores that seed to the save file. When the game is then reloaded and the RNG is called upon again a new seed is generated and replaces the initial seed. This is how the RNG works for the games. However, when breeding at least, the B2/W2 RNG calls the new seed up first and then rewrites the new seed with the old seed. So, when ever you hatch an egg, you will pretty much get the same egg each and every time. Few variances occur, for example, the inherited IVs are locked into place, so if your initial seed is M/F/F/x/x/x, then every single egg you hatch will have the same inheritance with slightly different IVs for the last 3 (from what i under stand those last 3 IVs would come from a different seed that still seems to function fine.) Also, if you are lucky enough to hit an everstone with your seed, then you seem to have a 100% chance of getting the everstone nature, and if its not an everstone nature, your stuck with what ever nature you did get.

Pretty much random Breeding or "spur of the moment" RNGing wont work anymore. However, you can still RNG you initial seed to produce a shiny PID Frame with an ever ston nature for your eggs and pretty much be guaranteed a shiny flawless pokemon with a set IV inheritance. It is now much a kin to RNGing your ID/SID for a wild legend back in D/P/PT HG/SS, except now its for eggs. This will make specific HP spreads a lot harder now and breeding in general for non-RNGers, but that is what Game Frak has given us.

Of course there is always another option, if you restart your game you get a new seed ... so you still have a choice ... ...

EDIT: doubled Ninja'd due to thoroughness gah ~.~
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Relevant posts: 1 2

Now I know some of people on this site (well anywhere really) frown upon RNG abuse, however this issue affects all players. Inherited IVs from parents always the same? Everstone always or never working? This is problematic to say the least.

In theory it is possible for every single egg to hatch shiny in B/W2 due to the egg PIDs being static.

Edit: PID, thus Ability is static unless one has a Shiny charm or uses MM. Well unless that static PID yields shinyness...

Edit 2: Please remember this research is still a work-in-progress. I would really hope that I'm wrong with this post but... we'll see.

Edit 3: PID is not static, however nature, ability, and inheritance seem to be. Worst possible outcome IMO. :/
    Last edited by Hozu; 6th July 2012 at 6:35 AM.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

So basically, with this, you might as well RNG/breed on BW instead of BW2. Well, better get back to stocking up on female HH Pokemon.

and yes I'm still a girl

Ok this is a fairly big update so I believe it warrants another post. Only the first egg created after loading the game save has locking issues. All other eggs are generated... properly I guess. Meaning that the current system isn't totally busted. It just means too bad for RNGers and SRers (gotta go for multiple eggs).
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Welp, here I was getting excited for BW2. I was kinda hoping breeding with the Shiny Charm would make egg seed finding easier. Really hope the international versions fix this, especially since if I'm understanding this properly apparently it's impossible to hatch a shiny pokemon.

I have claimed Giratina

No shiny Pokémon are entirely possible, even on the first glitched egg. It's just that certain things are locked for the first egg upon loading a save (inheritance, ability, nature, Nidoran gender and Volbeat/Illumise) but you can toy around with them using a different combinations of Everstone, Power items (this will allow for the most different combinations of inheritance I think), and female DW parent. All eggs after the first are unaffected.

its fine for alot of results and oh no if you want a certian flawless hp is when you need two 30 iv's sorry...otherwise you don't need two...i just never get results when the iv's are crap with the other one but one is fine thats flawless lol...anyway when you imput in the rng reporter the seed then hit calulate starting frame or something like that...you then hit generate....you will have the starting frame at the top skip those two and the next 5 frames from that when you put in your time once sec ahead and hit the time it asked you take the egg and hatch it to find your frame you hit in that 5...after that DON'T SAVE! see what you hit take that minus the frame your trying to hit that is how many chatot cry's you hear...then turn off the game do the seed all over again with the time one sec ahead then use the chatot stuff of how many times you need too and you should take the egg and hatch it and it should be what you desired if not just redue the process and shut the game over and try again with the chatot again until you hit it...some seeds like to flucuate with the timer and thats normal....

edit: also for stationaies still trying to figure this out do you need to use a eon timer? im so confused and are the frames normally so high for 5th generation for shinies? which frame am i suppose to hit the shiny or normal frame, and do i use pidrng or standard iv seed?...never tried stationaries yet and im slightly confused how they did this...can someone give me a step by step how to search and rng it please...more like rng for dummies LOL...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 6th July 2012 at 7:50 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    edit: also for stationaies still trying to figure this out do you need to use a eon timer? im so confused and are the frames normally so high for 5th generation for shinies? which frame am i suppose to hit the shiny or normal frame, and do i use pidrng or standard iv seed?...never tried stationaries yet and im slightly confused how they did this...can someone give me a step by step how to search and rng it please...more like rng for dummies LOL...
    I use EonTimer, but I'm pretty sure you can do without. The frames ARE very high, at least for me. (I've needed from 400-4400 PID advances) Shininess is determined by PID Frames, and you use Standard in Time Finder and PID in the main RNG window. Its the same as wild pokemon, except easier as there's no Encounter Slots.

Theres a bunch of videos up for help, and just BE PATIENT. Shiny Frames take a WHILE to find, so you could go through a LOT of searches on your time finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    So basically, with this, you might as well RNG/breed on BW instead of BW2. Well, better get back to stocking up on female HH Pokemon.
    Well, it IS possible. You just have to generate a second egg. And somehow keep track of the advancements given from the NPCs and your steps.
    Yeah lets all just stick to BW Breeding.

Has anything else changed in the game? All I've heard is just some extra Timer0 trolling, and that's about it.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Has anything else changed in the game? All I've heard is just some extra Timer0 trolling, and that's about it.
    Aside from more timer0s, effed up breeding, and much, much easier Entralink abuse (C-Gear seeds are gone, so no delays), the RNG is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Aside from more timer0s, effed up breeding, and much, much easier Entralink abuse (C-Gear seeds are gone, so no delays), the RNG is identical.
    I forgot about that Entralink abuse now.

Hopefully the same egg moves carry over from B/W, and they don't add any good new ones to B2/W2.

I also read in the thread at smogon that it is possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokes.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I forgot about that Entralink abuse now.

Hopefully the same egg moves carry over from B/W, and they don't add any good new ones to B2/W2.

I also read in the thread at smogon that it is possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokes.
    Yeah, there are luckily no new egg moves in BW2 so that's one less thing to worry about. It's just getting all the good move tutor moves on that'll be annoying.

and yes I'm still a girl

Page 220 of 286 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast