Page 226 of 287 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 7151

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how to hit the delays process three times? im not sure what im doing wrong and my seed keeps not matching the elm calls my reporter gives me...please help
    when the first timer on EonTimer runs out, laucnh the game from the main screen just like you would if it was 5th gen abuse. When the second timer ends, hit A to continue the game at the continue screen. Quickly pull up the menu in case there are NPCs around and then do the Elm calls. If you dont get any results, just expand your range for the Elm calls.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    when the first timer on EonTimer runs out, laucnh the game from the main screen just like you would if it was 5th gen abuse. When the second timer ends, hit A to continue the game at the continue screen. Quickly pull up the menu in case there are NPCs around and then do the Elm calls. If you dont get any results, just expand your range for the Elm calls.
    okay and how to do expand the elm call range if i still don't get results...sorry im still learning

edit: no go my calls are way off of what its asking i wonderin if i set up everything right though....or just doing something really silly that im missing...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th July 2012 at 6:50 AM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

okay and how to do expand the elm call range if i still don't get results...sorry im still learning

edit: no go my calls are way off of what its asking i wonderin if i set up everything right though....or just doing something really silly that im missing...
    if your Elm calls are off (But you still found a result) you might just need to adjust your calibrated delay. In the box where it says "Delay Hit" (at the very bottom of Eon Timer) enter your delay there and Eon Timer will update the delay for you. This is especially true if this will be your first gen 4 RNG. In that cae your first try will be extremely far off of your target

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

if your Elm calls are off (But you still found a result) you might just need to adjust your calibrated delay. In the box where it says "Delay Hit" (at the very bottom of Eon Timer) enter your delay there and Eon Timer will update the delay for you. This is especially true if this will be your first gen 4 RNG. In that cae your first try will be extremely far off of your target
    yeah i figured it out spend like a hour or two with my clan member myrrh helping me lol...i got the calibrated delay fixed now it was off 440...i updated and fixed it...now i just have to hit the seed correctly...thanks dewey for responding

edit: checked again and i hit a closer delay but a bit over by 6 when i checked again is that right? is it possible or could i still have to update...i just checked my elm calls again and it now is 7040 which the delay i want is 7036?

edit: disregards this post i screwed up the moltres...though i had it(got excited) and i checked it and no go...i guess better luck with the other two birds :/ my delay keeped flucuating though...so next time going for zapdos ill be more careful...its really hard for me to tell the hp and the seed on 4th gen :/
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th July 2012 at 10:23 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

with 6+ Timer0 values it could just be a streak of bad luck. Also, if the chatot recording you have is a bad quality, or your just not paying enough attention to pick up the differences, you might mistake a correct seed for a miss. Its hard to say which is the case, but if your getting no IV matches either, its the Timer0
    Thanks for the help. I found that I had the wrong starting frame and that's why the Chatters weren't matching up. I just caught my shiny Latias a few minutes ago.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Alright, I'm trying to RNG a shiny Latias in White 2 with RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha. I've done all the preperation and I've found that my starting frame is 44 and the one I want is 418. The way I'm seeing if I hit the right seed is by using the Gen 5 PRNG from RNG Reporter's main menu. Am I correct to assume that the Chatter pitches in the Gen 5 PRNG will be a way of seeing if I hit my seed? So far I've just been SRing at the right time and checking the first 20 Chetters with the ones in the Gen 5 PRNG to see if I hit it. But I've been SRing for a good 3 hours without getting the right Chatter order. Am I just really unlucky or am I doing something wrong here?
    P.S. I know how to RNG shinies in regular B/W so I know the basics.
    I dont personally find the Chatot pitches very accurate or informative- and I think that simply setting up your game to where you can catch the Latias to check your seed would be alot better. Save just before you have to take the last step to "run into it", hit your seed, open the menu, Chatot flip 1 time, exit menu, and quickly walk into the encounter with it. Doing the one flip should tell you what your SSF(shifting shiny frame) is, and when you eventually hit your seed, you should know exactly how many chatters to do each time you restart and you can hit the frame youre looking for.
    EDIT: NINJAd by success lol
    Quote Originally Posted by drothagreat0ne View Post
    Ugh, I hate RNGing for Tornadus.

I spent about two days trying to find the frame I RNGed my ID/SID for, and I've been driven to the point of restarting my file. The seed itself wasn't an issue, as I knew when I hit it. Discerning between the different frames is what made it a *****.

The IVs were: 30/10/30/31/30/30. The problem with those IVs is that the only characteristic that would show up is Mischievous. And with many frames having the same natures only a few away, it made it really frustrating.

Here is as far as I came. The reason I stopped was due to some false positives that threw me completely off. I'd rather stay sane than try to keep going for it:

[SPOILER=Seed for Tornadus]Seed for Tornadus:

Timer0 - C7C
    VCount - 60
    VFrame - 8
    Seed - 519C8BC2858338A7

Date - 10/4/2012
    Time - 14:41:40
    Buttons - Down-Right / A / R
    Frame - 804 (Timid)
    IVs - 30/10/30/31/30/30

With that said, I found a more suitable seed, earlier frame (664 instead of 804) and I'll be able to know where in the seed I am. Plus, it also has the HP I'm aiming for.

Sorry for the lengthy post guys, I kinda went on a rant.
    I know the pain. The Tornadus in my sig took over a month for me to get, simply because of weather and other issues. If youre going to RNG your ID/SID you should definitely get a better IV spread than that, such as one with HP ICE or something. Also, one key thing is, to make sure that the month is Summer for your RNG, and make sure that it has already turned Summer before entering the area to save and RNG the Tornadus. Also, having the HP ICE spread will make it alot easier to tell the frames apart with 30/31/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/30. Note that, you should be prepared for something that happened with me when I was trying to RNG my Thunderus- The PID frames can "Stick" and make you hit the same exact PID frame even though you did a variation of 5 or more Chatot calls, and can make it impossible to hit your PID frame. I dont know how common it is, but it happened to me and made it impossible for me to hit my Shiny PID.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Hey all, has anyone experienced people leaving Black City/White Forest due to RNGing? I thought they would leave due to constantly changing the date to hit seeds, but I haven't experienced it yet.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

since i goofed on my moltres but i still have my heartgold file with one...is it normal after using the elm call search thing keep fluctuating even after i updated it? i kept hitting different seed delays form the seed to time finder? found it strange...I could never hit my acutual delay time that i choose and they match...its either above it or below he delay hit seed time...very strange...do i keep updating if this happens?

edit: omg i so stupid i could used a iv checker :/ was so tired that night i forgot...someone reminded me...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th July 2012 at 8:29 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

since i goofed on my moltres but i still have my heartgold file with one...is it normal after using the elm call search thing keep fluctuating even after i updated it? i kept hitting different seed delays form the seed to time finder? found it strange...I could never hit my acutual delay time that i choose and they match...its either above it or below he delay hit seed time...very strange...do i keep updating if this happens?
    If you don't hit the delay, then, yes, update EonTimer. If, however, you're only off by two or four, don't bother straight away. If you find you keep hitting slightly off your target, then update EonTimer.

edit: omg i so stupid i could used a iv checker :/ was so tired that night i forgot...someone reminded me...
    Or you could talk to the in-game IV checker at the Battle Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    If you don't hit the delay, then, yes, update EonTimer. If, however, you're only off by two or four, don't bother straight away. If you find you keep hitting slightly off your target, then update EonTimer.
    okay but my target delay was 7036 which i hit above and below all evens 7040, 7042, and the other was 7034 i keep hitting like 4 or less delays down of my target...so if i don't hit it that many times then change it?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th July 2012 at 8:46 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

okay but my target delay was 7036 which i hit above and below all evens 7040, 7042, and the other was 7034 i keep hitting like 4 or less delays down of my target...so if i don't hit it that many times then change it?
    Yeah. Input the delay you're hitting the most at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yeah. Input the delay you're hitting the most at the moment.
    okay thanks ill try that then...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I kept doing that on Dialga, it was much easier by the time I got to Giratina. Simply a matter of conditioning.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    The PID frames can "Stick" and make you hit the same exact PID frame even though you did a variation of 5 or more Chatot calls, and can make it impossible to hit your PID frame. I dont know how common it is, but it happened to me and made it impossible for me to hit my Shiny PID.
    i swear to god this has happened to me on every seed i have tried with Thundurus ~.~ i am using a rebattle code (because when i first came up to Thunudurus i still thought RNG meant Really Nice Girl) and since i have a rebattle code i am also using pokecheck to see the PID i hit and avoid the nasty process of manually finding your SSF. I aim for a high frame, currently using a frame of 9438. This sounds insane, but i let the rain do the advancements for me, all i had to do was figure out how long to stand in the rain. With a frame of 9438 i only need to stand in the rain for about 3 minutes, which is easy thanks to Eon Timer. But no matter what, i keep getting random PID advancements. If i do the same number of chatot flips i always get the same results, but if i try to increase or decrease the number to hit my frame, the number is off horribly. Combine this with Timer0 trolling and i swear Thundurus will be the first pokemon i actually kill. Yet, i am still determined to find a seed that cooperates and i will get this damn Genie (i was even so close as 1 PID frame off one time ARGH!!!)

i swear to god this has happened to me on every seed i have tried with Thundurus ~.~ i am using a rebattle code (because when i first came up to Thunudurus i still thought RNG meant Really Nice Girl) and since i have a rebattle code i am also using pokecheck to see the PID i hit and avoid the nasty process of manually finding your SSF. I aim for a high frame, currently using a frame of 9438. This sounds insane, but i let the rain do the advancements for me, all i had to do was figure out how long to stand in the rain. With a frame of 9438 i only need to stand in the rain for about 3 minutes, which is easy thanks to Eon Timer. But no matter what, i keep getting random PID advancements. If i do the same number of chatot flips i always get the same results, but if i try to increase or decrease the number to hit my frame, the number is off horribly. Combine this with Timer0 trolling and i swear Thundurus will be the first pokemon i actually kill. Yet, i am still determined to find a seed that cooperates and i will get this damn Genie (i was even so close as 1 PID frame off one time ARGH!!!)
    Wow, thats some real determination there, and not to mention creative use of Eon Timer. All I can really say is that you should just use reporter and let it run through a couple full years and find a lower Seed/PID frame that doesnt require using the timer. Also, if youre capturing him and then using the rebattle code, your Shifting Starting Frame will change each time. Finding your SSF only really works when you keep using one save, since the NPC advancements will be different each time you re-save and walk out to encounter him.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    Wow, thats some real determination there, and not to mention creative use of Eon Timer. All I can really say is that you should just use reporter and let it run through a couple full years and find a lower Seed/PID frame that doesnt require using the timer. Also, if youre capturing him and then using the rebattle code, your Shifting Starting Frame will change each time. Finding your SSF only really works when you keep using one save, since the NPC advancements will be different each time you re-save and walk out to encounter him.
    hmmm, maybe the NPCs are the issue then. Shouldnt they move in the same path each time though since im using the same seed?

Oh and the reason i have a high frame is because i didnt RNG my ID/SID so i just use what ever i can find and my PoS laptop doesnt do searches very well so i dont have a plethora of seeds to choose from either ~.~ (but im still searching any way )

EDIT: On second thought, in order for them to do the exact same advancements, they would have to be in the exact same position each and every time i treid to RNG the PID huh? That might explain the random advancements then
    Last edited by dewey911p; 14th July 2012 at 2:44 AM.

hmmm, maybe the NPCs are the issue then. Shouldnt they move in the same path each time though since im using the same seed?

Oh and the reason i have a high frame is because i didnt RNG my ID/SID so i just use what ever i can find and my PoS laptop doesnt do searches very well so i dont have a plethora of seeds to choose from either ~.~ (but im still searching any way )

EDIT: On second thought, in order for them to do the exact same advancements, they would have to be in the exact same position each and every time i treid to RNG the PID huh? That might explain the random advancements then
    Yeah, my older computer would practically have a heart attack trying to run RNG Reporter as well... if you cant leave it running overnight or while youre away then Id suggest that you save in the house and try to just re-use the save and use the data you have collected on advances to find your SSF. Either way youre looking at a very long and frustrating process and believe me, Ive done it twice (and NEVER AGAIN).

I think that if you found out what your SSF is without letting the rain advance- which would probably take hitting your seed and catching (5-10 minutes tops each cycle) Thunderus about 15-20 times (do Chatot flips in increments of 5 or 10 each time) since you KNOW how much the rain advances the PID, you would be able to hopefully hit your PID more accurately. So, find SSF without rain advance, let rain advance you from your SSF, and adjust. It could work, but again, using the rain is going to be a huge pain in the ***.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478

When RNGing for breeding, I save in front of the man with the egg ready for me and pause the game asap when I load the game. I also mash the A button to receive the egg right away, and then I'm on my way. Now, today I messed up twice while doing this, and I noticed that when I went to press A the two little pokemon inhabiting the daycare moved around a little bit. I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?
    White team:
    Diamond team:

Quote Originally Posted by D0M0 View Post
    When RNGing for breeding, I save in front of the man with the egg ready for me and pause the game asap when I load the game. I also mash the A button to receive the egg right away, and then I'm on my way. Now, today I messed up twice while doing this, and I noticed that when I went to press A the two little pokemon inhabiting the daycare moved around a little bit. I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?
    yes you need to save in front of the man then set up your time what to hit your time one sec ahead for the load screen figure out your flips then once you do subtract the one you hit without the chatot with the target frame your hitting...after that do the process over except do that number of flips to hit your target../did you figure out your chatot flips yet? cuaz you need to find your number of flips to hit your target?

also thanks dewey and eleventh check the discuss my poke thread i finally got my first 4th gen rng
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 14th July 2012 at 9:57 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

did you figure out your chatot flips yet? cuaz you need to find your number of flips to hit your target?
    Oh yeah didn't mention that but I take care of chatot flips as well, but as I exit the paused state of the game and go to press A the little pokemon move and that's what I'm wondering about.
    White team:
    Diamond team:

Oh yeah didn't mention that but I take care of chatot flips as well, but as I exit the paused state of the game and go to press A the little pokemon move and that's what I'm wondering about.
    tbh i don't think that has nothing to do with that is any of your hatches match your seeds on the main reporter? cuaz if its not then your not hitting your time correctly...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

tbh i don't think that has nothing to do with that is any of your hatches match your seeds on the finder? cuaz if its not then your not hitting your time correctly...
    Perhaps you're right and I was having an off time, I did eventually hit my target, I'll definitely breed again later but for now I'm gonna go catch some goodies.
    White team:
    Diamond team:

Perhaps you're right and I was having an off time, I did eventually hit my target, I'll definitely breed again later but for now I'm gonna go catch some goodies.
    yeah when you don't hit your time correctly your seed will be way off and good glad you hit your target it happens though our timer0's sometimes like to play games with us....some of my seeds take forever to hit cuaz of awkward key presses or just weird time hits...for example my shiny terrakion im going for is got a weird key press so it may be awhile...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?
    No, those pokemon don't affect your PID frame. if they did, RNGing would be a lot harder. We usually say NPCs will advance your frame, but that's incorrect. If you are new to RNGing its easy to just say NPCs, but the real issue is WNPCs - Wondering NPCs. If there is a NPC in the area that moves, it will not advance your PID frame as long as it moves in a set pattern, like the two daycare pokemon do. If there is a NPC that moves around randomly, those are the ones that affect your PID frame.

No, those pokemon don't affect your PID frame. if they did, RNGing would be a lot harder. We usually say NPCs will advance your frame, but that's incorrect. If you are new to RNGing its easy to just say NPCs, but the real issue is WNPCs - Wondering NPCs. If there is a NPC in the area that moves, it will not advance your PID frame as long as it moves in a set pattern, like the two daycare pokemon do. If there is a NPC that moves around randomly, those are the ones that affect your PID frame.
    yeah i didn't think they affect the rnging at all cuaz its normally has a set pattern so it shouldn't effect anything since its programmed as a normal pattern...im gunna try for articuno now

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Page 226 of 287 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast