Page 227 of 287 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Ah Kyogre, that was not fun. Can't help but wonder how much more annoying Rayquaza will be.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Is it possible for the recent Mewtwo event and the Zekrom/Reshiram event to be shiny in the wonder card?
    My team for Pokemon Y:

Also, if you have a Swirlix or a Clauncher I would be happy to trade with you .

Quote Originally Posted by RegiGuy View Post
    Is it possible for the recent Mewtwo event and the Zekrom/Reshiram event to be shiny in the wonder card?
    No, these Wondercard events can't be shiny.

Ugh frame 498 for lowest non synch frame, I hate Rayquaza already
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrader View Post
    Ugh frame 498 for lowest non synch frame, I hate Rayquaza already
    dude, get a sync. download one from pokecheck if there is no other way, but fram 498 is A LOT of elm calls
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I did 313 on Giratina using Chatots lol God even with synchronize the lowest frame I got for hasty is 368... Rayquaza can go die in a hole somewhere
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

I did 313 on Giratina using Chatots lol God even with synchronize the lowest frame I got for hasty is 368... Rayquaza can go die in a hole somewhere
    Hasty spreads are severely limited on Gen IV. I went for Naive as an alternative when RNGing Rayquaza.

I'm just going to suck it up and do it
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

I'm just going to suck it up and do it
    What's the IV spread you're going for?

Ah best part, I wasn't being picky about which defense stat landed the 30 and the results are still awful lol
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Curse the person that gave that prick rest

Edit:

4 tries later I finally catch the darn thing, 31/31/30/31/31/31
    Last edited by PokemonTrader; 15th July 2012 at 1:42 AM.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    No, those pokemon don't affect your PID frame. if they did, RNGing would be a lot harder. We usually say NPCs will advance your frame, but that's incorrect. If you are new to RNGing its easy to just say NPCs, but the real issue is WNPCs - Wondering NPCs. If there is a NPC in the area that moves, it will not advance your PID frame as long as it moves in a set pattern, like the two daycare pokemon do. If there is a NPC that moves around randomly, those are the ones that affect your PID frame.
    As a general question to anyone, would there happen to be a list of areas without wandering NPCs?
    White team:
    Diamond team:

Quote Originally Posted by D0M0 View Post
    As a general question to anyone, would there happen to be a list of areas without wandering NPCs?
    yeah, for black and white check the first post of this thread

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Is there by chance one for Gen IV?
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Is there by chance one for Gen IV?
    There's one for DP here, though I don't know if that goes for Platinum, too. HGSS don't require knowledge of WNPCs, since Elm/Irwin calls can be used to verify the seed and frame, then Sweet Scent can be used without leaving the menu (and so WNPCs will not advance the frame).

I am thinking of doing a 3rd attempt for my shiny Timid HP Ice Thundurus, shiny frame 694 (will I need to re-RNG my IDs? I think my PID frame is skipped). Since delays and rain advancements (theoretically) move at the same rate, could I use that to basically hit my frame with the rain? Or is the method of finding my SSF more reliable?

With a rebattle code, could I see how many Chatot flips it takes to get a non-shiny variant, then re-RNG my IDs for that seed, do the same number of Chatot flips, and theoretically get my Thundurus?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I am thinking of doing a 3rd attempt for my shiny Timid HP Ice Thundurus, shiny frame 694 (will I need to re-RNG my IDs? I think my PID frame is skipped). Since delays and rain advancements (theoretically) move at the same rate, could I use that to basically hit my frame with the rain? Or is the method of finding my SSF more reliable?

With a rebattle code, could I see how many Chatot flips it takes to get a non-shiny variant, then re-RNG my IDs for that seed, do the same number of Chatot flips, and theoretically get my Thundurus?
    if your PID frame is not possible, and the only way to find that out is the hard way of testing it, then you would either need a new seed or to RNG your ID/SID combo again. If you are going to use a rebattle code, remember that the NPCs will advance the PID frame in a different way each time. This should only throw off your results by a few frames, so if you cn find your SSF ( i recommend pokecheck since you have a rebattle code) you will know generally where to start. from there just find out your new SSF (which should be only a few frames off of your old one) and then do the chatot flips.

Good luck

So when RNG'ing you use Everstone to pass along natures but you do NOT use power items in the hopes of passing along IV's? Is this correct?

Also for RNG'ing do you use two different language pokemon, such as Japanese and English, to increase shiny seeds? (MM - Masuda Method)

I am thinking of RNG'ing a Jolly Shiny Zubat - flawless or near flawless

If it becomes to complicated I will just MM for it normally. But I have never RNG'ed before. I posted here recently, I have read all of the FAQ's, watched all of the beginner videos, and I still don't really get it.

So this is correct:

You measure how far away you are from a shiny/certain IV'd pokemon, and then use chatot calls to get there before collecting an egg from the day care man? What does Sweet Scent have to do with any of this? Is it very difficult to RNG a shiny flawless?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    So when RNG'ing you use Everstone to pass along natures but you do NOT use power items in the hopes of passing along IV's? Is this correct?

Also for RNG'ing do you use two different language pokemon, such as Japanese and English, to increase shiny seeds? (MM - Masuda Method)

I am thinking of RNG'ing a Jolly Shiny Zubat - flawless or near flawless

If it becomes to complicated I will just MM for it normally. But I have never RNG'ed before. I posted here recently, I have read all of the FAQ's, watched all of the beginner videos, and I still don't really get it.

So this is correct:

You measure how far away you are from a shiny/certain IV'd pokemon, and then use chatot calls to get there before collecting an egg from the day care man? What does Sweet Scent have to do with any of this? Is it very difficult to RNG a shiny flawless?
    answer for everstones yes you can use and no power items cuaz it messes up the rng process and you will not get what you want...you need to know your normal iv's of both parent to breed....also musada method is included in this so if you are doing it make sure the international is checked as much as if your using ditto which international makes the frames much lower for shinies and faster...sweet scent is for wild that has nothing to do with breeding...thats a seprate category...first of all you need to set your perimeters first of your black or white game by randomly catching a pokemon and recording it the perimeter search box to find your right timer...everyone timer is a bit different...you need to do this first before any rnging with the reporter...the perimeter search is located in the 5th generation time finder where the button on the main reporter named time finder and its the last tab you hit at the end of that screen...

also relax its fine it took me awhile to figure out to rng my first pokemon, and no its not really hard except hitting your seed process but it will come in time you will get the hang of it and you will be hatching shiny eggs in one attempt...i was really confused but once i got it i was a rng machine

also question for eleventh, dewey or anyone would like to help with 4th gen rnging should i use method 1 for starters like getting from oak,steven and etc...i wanted to rng some shinies for practice thats why i don't really care for the iv's as much cuaz i can just rng them on black and white....
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 15th July 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    answer for everstones yes you can use and no power items cuaz it messes up the rng process and you will not get what you want...you need to know your normal iv's of both parent to breed....also musada method is included in this so if you are doing it make sure the international is checked as much as if your using ditto which international makes the frames much lower for shinies and faster...sweet scent is for wild that has nothing to do with breeding...thats a seprate category...first of all you need to set your perimeters first of your black or white game by randomly catching a pokemon and recording it the perimeter search box to find your right timer...everyone timer is a bit different...you need to do this first before any rnging with the reporter...the perimeter search is located in the 5th generation time finder where the button on the main reporter named time finder and its the last tab you hit at the end of that screen...

also relax its fine it took me awhile to figure out to rng my first pokemon, and no its not really hard except hitting your seed process but it will come in time you will get the hang of it and you will be hatching shiny eggs in one attempt...i was really confused but once i got it i was a rng machine

also question for eleventh, dewey or anyone would like to help with 4th gen rnging should i use method 1 for starters like getting from oak,steven and etc...i wanted to rng some shinies for practice thats why i don't really care for the iv's as much cuaz i can just rng them on black and white....
    . Thanks for the reply! So.. All I need is a chatot and just plug in the correct info to the RNG reporter?

yes, the starters, and all gift pokemon for that matter, are method 1, as are roamers. Pretty much everything else is method K (i feel like i am forgetting something here, so double check a guide or something)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    . Thanks for the reply! So.. All I need is a chatot and just plug in the correct info to the RNG reporter?
    have you found your parameters yet? First you will need to find your parameters (sweet scent is required for that part). If you already have those then all you have to do is fill in RNG reporter with the pertinent information. This process can be overwhelming at first with so many blank boxes and so much information to supply, but i found Berasfan092's video to be a good tool here since you can pause it and fill it in as he explains it.

Of course you can always post here too and we will be glad to help you as well

Thanks for all the help ^-^

I have decided to stick to MM'ing for now due to personal reasons. But this thread is really cool, lots of smart people over here

yes, the starters, and all gift pokemon for that matter, are method 1, as are roamers. Pretty much everything else is method K (i feel like i am forgetting something here, so double check a guide or something)
    okay thanks is there like roaming NPC or something cuaz when i hit my delay i did the frame and i had to careful natures but it was really weird the frame i was suppose to hit never hit :/ i know the frame was correct though...somehthing was off...maybe its that thing that you forgot lol...i read the site but didn't give me anything else besides starters are not reccomended for method 1? so i got confused...

also im trying to rng my jolly ho-oh and funny thing is that my delay is 7855 is that a odd and do i have to take my gba cartage out to hit that delay?

edit: i figured out each target has a different starting frame thats why i was off figured that one out but not the second question yet...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 16th July 2012 at 3:10 AM.

okay thanks is there like roaming NPC or something cuaz when i hit my delay i did the frame and i had to careful natures but it was really weird the frame i was suppose to hit never hit :/ i know the frame was correct though...somehthing was off...maybe its that thing that you forgot lol...i read the site but didn't give me anything else besides starters are not reccomended for method 1? so i got confused...

also im trying to rng my jolly ho-oh and funny thing is that my delay is 7855 is that a odd and do i have to take my gba cartage out to hit that delay?

edit: i figured out each target has a different starting frame thats why i was off figured that one out but not the second question yet...
    my bad, as i started reading your post i remembered that i completely forgot to mention the different frames of generation for the starters, but i think that only applies to the starter you get from Elm. Either that or i got really luck when i did Oak's Charmander because it was frame 1

As for the odd delay, it depends on the year you use. for me if i have an even year i will get only odd delays, so if i want an even delay in an even year i need the GBA game in. I dont know if thats the same for everyone, but i believe it is. So if you are using 2012, or any other even year, then you should remove the GBA game, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    my bad, as i started reading your post i remembered that i completely forgot to mention the different frames of generation for the starters, but i think that only applies to the starter you get from Elm. Either that or i got really luck when i did Oak's Charmander because it was frame 1

As for the odd delay, it depends on the year you use. for me if i have an even year i will get only odd delays, so if i want an even delay in an even year i need the GBA game in. I dont know if thats the same for everyone, but i believe it is. So if you are using 2012, or any other even year, then you should remove the GBA game, yes.
    thanks and its cool i started reading more and found it out i was going for squirtle so i had a starting frame of 5 also yes its 2012 so then i have to remove it but the strange thing is all my delay's were in 2012 and this the first odd delay i got :/
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 16th July 2012 at 3:19 AM.

Page 227 of 287 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast