Page 228 of 287 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quick question:

I have a Shiny Axew I got from Masuda Method, can I use it's IV's to determine my Secret ID?
    Shinies:
    (132 SRs HG)
    (SR,HG)
    (MM, Black)
    (MM, Black)

Target:
    [MM]

Quote Originally Posted by Shravanian View Post
    Quick question:

I have a Shiny Axew I got from Masuda Method, can I use it's IV's to determine my Secret ID?
    the secret id doesn't come from the iv's...it comes from your games normal id...you need to upload any pokemon that you own in your black or white game it to pokecheck.org to figure out your secret id but you can use your shiny to find it though as a deposit as long as its own to you...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 16th July 2012 at 6:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D0M0 View Post
    My first RNGs were on the musketeer trio, and needless to say they could be better. If I were to use a re-battle action replay code would it mess up my game in any way? and would I be able to RNG them
    if you action replay it may make the pokes hacks then but im not sure :/ i would look more throughly on that...you could just restart the game again or have another file on the other version? but you would have to search new perimeters nevermind :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shravanian View Post
    Quick question:

Sorry, that only worked in Gen IV if the shiny Pokemon you found was caught randomly in the wild.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Idk why I can't hit any frame that RNG calculates now, I'm sure I'm hitting my Timer0, I advance the frame to the calculated amount so I can figure out how to adjust my flips the next time, but the egg I hatch never matches the reporter. Anyone have ideas?
    White team:
    Diamond team:

Are you factoring in NPC advancements?
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Sorry, that only worked in Gen IV if the shiny Pokemon you found was caught randomly in the wild.
    wait what? i thought any poke that belongs to you has your secret id for gen V? your secret id changes? he just musada method the shiny on that game...as long as it belongs to him on that game it should give his secret id for that game on pokecheck so he can breed shinies and catch in the wild?...sorry you just confusing me lol
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 16th July 2012 at 7:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    wait what? i thought any poke that belongs to you has your secret id for gen V? your secret i d changes? he just musada method the shiny...as long as it belongs to him on that game it should give his secret id on pokecheck...
    On Pokécheck, yes, but in Gen IV, a formula can be used to determine one's SID using a random shiny Pokémon's IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    On Pokécheck, yes, but in Gen IV, a formula can be used to determine one's SID using a random shiny Pokémon's IVs.
    oh he just made it sound like it was totally different lol...thanks got it...was confused there at first

Hey guys I'm trying to RNG in my Black 2, but I've stuck on some weird places.
    I've successfully RNGed a Shiny Kyurem(31-29-30-31-31-31, Timid) few days ago so I assume my Timer0 works.

However when I tried to RNG a Shiny Volcarona(31-3-31-31-30-31, Timid) yesterday I failed horribly--No shiny appearance, different IV from which I was told.
    I think that's my fault but well, I did my keypress, hit the target time correctly and had my Synchronizer and still I failed to hit the seed for over 50 times.
    Can anyone help me to figure out what went wrong? Thanks!
    I know how to use chatot pitch but not the report clock arm method.

p.s. Even though BW2 is in sale, why English-communities seldom discuss BW2 RNGs? Only Japanese websites for now?

They added a bunch of extra timer0s, anyone is probably fully capable of hitting at least 6 different ones now. Literally nothing to say but keep trying.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrader View Post
    They added a bunch of extra timer0s, anyone is probably fully capable of hitting at least 6 different ones now. Literally nothing to say but keep trying.
    Yeah hope so...
    If Nintendo is trying to add more timer0 to make their games more "random-like", I'd say they've succeed deliberately LOL
    PS Fustrated 150+ tries and decided to stop BW2 RNGing for a while until English versions(& workable RNG reporters) come up later, the chotot pitch list sucks.

After finally learning how to RNG eggs in BW, i decided to try out gen 4 RNG.
    It isn't as hard as i thought, but i still have some problems.
    I RNG in HG and use this guide.
    Here are the things that i am having problems with:

Spoiler:- Eon timer:

Spoiler:- RNG reporter:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_85x View Post
    After finally learning how to RNG eggs in BW, i decided to try out gen 4 RNG.
    It isn't as hard as i thought, but i still have some problems.
    I RNG in HG and use this guide.
    Here are the things that i am having problems with:

Spoiler:- Eon timer:

Spoiler:- RNG reporter:
    I think you seem to have everything right, but man, that's an awfully high delay. Are you sure you're hitting A as soon as the timers in EonTimer hit 0:00? If it's marking stuff at least some of the time on your list then you're doing it right except for hitting A too early or late. I don't really like roamer verification much, since with 3 roamers, the possibilities of two delays having the same locations is high.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    I think you seem to have everything right, but man, that's an awfully high delay. Are you sure you're hitting A as soon as the timers in EonTimer hit 0:00? If it's marking stuff at least some of the time on your list then you're doing it right except for hitting A too early or late. I don't really like roamer verification much, since with 3 roamers, the possibilities of two delays having the same locations is high.
    Is it a high delay? I thought it was a very low delay.
    And yes, i am hitting A at the same time as the timer hits 0:00 (i hope so at least).
    If so, then will try out elm/irwin verification, since it seems as good as the roamer one except that it takes slightly more time.
    Thanks for the help!

Latest RNG:

2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max), but if you're hitting close to that delay with the wrong seconds (remember it requires precision down to 1/30th of a second for delay so being precise can be difficult), then that delay should be fine to use. No point in setting EonTimer for something else if you can hit close to that one. Also, make sure to KO your roamers if you're going to switch to Elm verification.

I'm using PPRNG 1.12.0, and when I enter in all the information, and then hit Search:
    Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 10.45.24 AM.jpg
    Nothing happens.
    Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on with the search? The DS/Game Config asks for my TID and SID, so should I know that for this to work? Any help would be much appreciated.
    EDIT: Also, for the time I enter to find my DS's parameters, do I enter the time I selected the game from the DS menu or the time I clicked on my save file to start the game?
    Last edited by Trollestia; 17th July 2012 at 10:44 PM.

If you're using roamer verification, you should enter the routes they're on (when you saved) in those boxes you have ticks next to. Just turn on the game, make note of the roamer locations, and then save. Then go about hitting your seed. Irwin calls work just as well (Elm calls are too long for my tastes).

2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max)
    I use 8000 max. xD

If I want to RNG Cobalion, do I use the 5th gen standard IVs from the drop down menue, or do I use the pidrng?
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max), but if you're hitting close to that delay with the wrong seconds (remember it requires precision down to 1/30th of a second for delay so being precise can be difficult), then that delay should be fine to use. No point in setting EonTimer for something else if you can hit close to that one. Also, make sure to KO your roamers if you're going to switch to Elm verification.
    What do you mean with the wrong seconds? If i hit the seed at the wrong seconds, then it won't work at all, right?
    And i thought you only had to check off the boxes for the roamers so that the elm calls will work, didn't know that you had to KO them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    If you're using roamer verification, you should enter the routes they're on (when you saved) in those boxes you have ticks next to. Just turn on the game, make note of the roamer locations, and then save. Then go about hitting your seed. Irwin calls work just as well (Elm calls are too long for my tastes).

I use 8000 max. xD
    I thought you would only tick those boxes and leave them empty.
    Also, does it matter what time i start the game and take note of the roamers?

Quote Originally Posted by kaorusquee View Post
    If I want to RNG Cobalion, do I use the 5th gen standard IVs from the drop down menue, or do I use the pidrng?
    I used the standard seed method in the time finder (since i think you are using the main window of the RNG reporter).
    I think the PIDRNG option works as well, but the standard seed method is faster.

Latest RNG:

What do you mean with the wrong seconds? If i hit the seed at the wrong seconds, then it won't work at all, right?
    And i thought you only had to check off the boxes for the roamers so that the elm calls will work, didn't know that you had to KO them.
    I mean if you're getting the right delay or something close to it but your seconds are wrong (and yes, the seed won't work), then you're doing everything right, but you hit A at the wrong time. You're on the right track, just keep trying for the right delay. As you get better with G4, you'll almost never hit the wrong seconds.

If you want to verify with Elm, you need to kill the roamers off because they advance the RNG by 1 for each roamer. Elm calls also advance 1 frame for each call but the chances of any 2 seeds having the same Elm call sequence for 10 calls is way lower than the odds of 2 seeds having the same roamer locations.

I mean if you're getting the right delay or something close to it but your seconds are wrong (and yes, the seed won't work), then you're doing everything right, but you hit A at the wrong time. You're on the right track, just keep trying for the right delay. As you get better with G4, you'll almost never hit the wrong seconds.

If you want to verify with Elm, you need to kill the roamers off because they advance the RNG by 1 for each roamer. Elm calls also advance 1 frame for each call but the chances of any 2 seeds having the same Elm call sequence for 10 calls is way lower than the odds of 2 seeds having the same roamer locations.
    Thanks, but i think i will stay with the roamer method for now, since hunting down the roamers and KOing them will take quite some time.
    And in gen 5, there is something called actual seconds, isn't there anything like it here? Or does delay replace it? Since isn't actual seconds the time it takes for the delay counter to start?
    And when verifying through roamers, do you do it in this order:

Start game (at any time)
    Note where roamers are.
    Turn game off.
    Edit the reporter (with the tick boxes)
    hit the seed, wait for timer to beep, etc.
    note where the roamers are.
    Write in their location in the 'search roamer' screen.
    Check if you hit the correct delay.

or in this order:

Hit the seed.
    Write in where the roamers are (in the tick boxes)
    Write in where the roamers are (in the search roamer screen)

Latest RNG:

what? dont kill the roamers. The roamer method of verification and the elm call method of verification are not two seperate methods, they should be used in tandum. If the roamers advance your frame by 3, you know to start looking on frame 4. Better yet, RNG reporter will take care of that for you and skip the elm calls when you search for them. If your not very good/expericanced with gen 4 RNGing then i would recommend using elm calls to verify (well, actually i agree with Speed, Irwin is much better, and faster). After you get good though, you may prefer to just use the roamers, which is what i do. After awhile, you will know you are close and you wont want to waste time calling anyone 10 times when you know you are close already.

As for repeating roamer sequences, thats not really an issue because of all the route and possibilities. With 3 roamers you really wont have to worry about that. However, the roamers will appear on the same route, for the same delay, regardless of the seconds. So, for example, if your delay is 1000 and the roamers are are routes R: 33 E: 30 L: 4 and your time is 12:40:39, the roamers will still be on the same routes even if your time is 12:40:40 or :12:40:38, as long as your delay is still 1000 anyway.

EDIT:

Thanks, but i think i will stay with the roamer method for now, since hunting down the roamers and KOing them will take quite some time.
    And in gen 5, there is something called actual seconds, isn't there anything like it here? Or does delay replace it? Since isn't actual seconds the time it takes for the delay counter to start?
    And when verifying through roamers, do you do it in this order:

Start game (at any time)
    Note where roamers are. (Save)
    Turn game off.
    Edit the reporter (with the tick boxes)
    hit the seed, wait for timer to beep, etc.
    note where the roamers are.
    Write in their location in the 'search roamer' screen.
    thats right, just a little change in bold
    Last edited by dewey911p; 18th July 2012 at 12:58 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    what? dont kill the roamers. The roamer method of verification and the elm call method of verification are not two seperate methods, they should be used in tandum. If the roamers advance your frame by 3, you know to start looking on frame 4. Better yet, RNG reporter will take care of that for you and skip the elm calls when you search for them. If your not very good/expericanced with gen 4 RNGing then i would recommend using elm calls to verify (well, actually i agree with Speed, Irwin is much better, and faster). After you get good though, you may prefer to just use the roamers, which is what i do. After awhile, you will know you are close and you wont want to waste time calling anyone 10 times when you know you are close already.

As for repeating roamer sequences, thats not really an issue because of all the route and possibilities. With 3 roamers you really wont have to worry about that. However, the roamers will appear on the same route, for the same delay, regardless of the seconds. So, for example, if your delay is 1000 and the roamers are are routes R: 33 E: 30 L: 4 and your time is 12:40:39, the roamers will still be on the same routes even if your time is 12:40:40 or :12:40:38, as long as your delay is still 1000 anyway.
    That explains what '(K, P, E skipped)' means.
    In the guide i use, it says 'Make sure your Seed To Time window has the correct active roamers checked off as not doing so will mess up the search', but i need to have the active roamer boxes checked so that the skipped calls will be displayed.

Didn't know that the roamers are affected by delay and not time. thanks for the help!

Also, in gen 4, PID frames and IV frames are the same frame, right? unlike gen 5 where you have to hit the seed for IV frames and chatter up for the PID frame.

Latest RNG:

That explains what '(K, P, E skipped)' means.
    In the guide i use, it says 'Make sure your Seed To Time window has the correct active roamers checked off as not doing so will mess up the search', but i need to have the active roamer boxes checked so that the skipped calls will be displayed.

Didn't know that the roamers are affected by delay and not time. thanks for the help!

Also, in gen 4, PID frames and IV frames are the same frame, right? unlike gen 5 where you have to hit the seed for IV frames and chatter up for the PID frame.
    yup, IVs and PID are tied together. This means that if you want a good shiny spread for wild pokemon you need to abuse your ID/SID combo.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Page 228 of 287 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast