Page 229 of 287 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    yup, IVs and PID are tied together. This means that if you want a good shiny spread for wild pokemon you need to abuse your ID/SID combo.
    Good thing ID/SID won't affect RNGing in gen 5.
    I will just stay with RNGing shiny eggs and RNGing wild non-shiny pokemons.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

I don't know how many of us do Emerald RNG (I don't), but Hozu found out something pretty interesting earlier. Apparently you can use the Replay in the Frontier Pass to force a certain PRNG frame.

You could advance a million frames (takes a while on a retail cart), get into a battle in a Battle Frontier facility, and save it on your pass. This would lock that frame into the replay. You could turn the game off and on to reset the frame count, watch the replay and end it before the first turn of replay starts, and you'd skip a million frames. It's sort of like a save state for retail carts. If you wanted to do a high frame RNG, you could use this to advance a little at a time and save a bunch of time when you want to do a project. Advancing frames on retail in the first place still sucks though.

Hozu said this works because the PRNG doesn't advance in Battle Frontier battles like in normal battles, and the PRNG stands still from when the replay starts to switch to the battle screen up till the first turn starts.

EDIT: Darn, Hozu ninja'd from Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=942
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by kaorusquee View Post
    If I want to RNG Cobalion, do I use the 5th gen standard IVs from the drop down menue, or do I use the pidrng?

the actual main reporter is pidrng for the time finder standard seed iv...

edit: also if i want to find a good id for flawless hp shinies i use the pandora box? also does it go through for all seeds or just one seed? do i have do that all over again for each certian flawless hp power?...also i think i may try to attempt rng breeding for 4th gen now...tips on starting..
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 18th July 2012 at 7:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    I don't know how many of us do Emerald RNG (I don't), but Hozu found out something pretty interesting earlier. Apparently you can use the Replay in the Frontier Pass to force a certain PRNG frame.

You could advance a million frames (takes a while on a retail cart), get into a battle in a Battle Frontier facility, and save it on your pass. This would lock that frame into the replay. You could turn the game off and on to reset the frame count, watch the replay and end it before the first turn of replay starts, and you'd skip a million frames. It's sort of like a save state for retail carts. If you wanted to do a high frame RNG, you could use this to advance a little at a time and save a bunch of time when you want to do a project. Advancing frames on retail in the first place still sucks though.

Hozu said this works because the PRNG doesn't advance in Battle Frontier battles like in normal battles, and the PRNG stands still from when the replay starts to switch to the battle screen up till the first turn starts.

EDIT: Darn, Hozu ninja'd from Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=942
    Ooh, this is exciting. It's amazing how RNG techniques are still being discovered. It gives hope in some ways.

How many frames does each pokemon movement advance in the Entralink? 1? I've read somewhere that NPC movements are 1 each, but I'm not sure. I want to RNG the recent Porygon event and the less recent Arceus event.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    How many frames does each pokemon movement advance in the Entralink? 1? I've read somewhere that NPC movements are 1 each, but I'm not sure. I want to RNG the recent Porygon event and the less recent Arceus event.
    Send the Pokémon you don't want to RNG to the Deepest Clearing, so you won't have to run into them in when RNGing Porygon. Arceus is at the back of the Entree Forest, so I think you'll have to pass by other Pokémon (send them away from Arceus). However, this shouldn't make much of a difference, since they'll advance the same amount if you stay in their section of the forest for the same amount of time during each successful RNG attempt (just hold down Up and B to run quickly into the next part of the forest as soon as the screen goes black to load the forest).

I don't know if that makes sense. I'm trying to recall if Arceus is in the Deepest Clearing, or if its location is separate to that.

Or, you could just have an empty forest for Arceus.

Why doesn't Europe have the Porygon event yet? D:

So as long as they don't do something ridiculous like 4 movements, I'll be fine and still hit my desired nature? Arceus is in the 3rd clearing from the front. I haven't actually befriended the Porygon on the DW/typed in the code, so I don't know where it appears. For me, they can do 3 movements at worst. 2 at best.

I'm thinking I should either do Arceus before bringing back Porygon, or RNG Porygon before Arceus, since Porygon will probably appear in the first clearing?

i think you guys missed my question by accident about getting a good id and secret id for flawless certain hp shinies...do i have to use pandora's box thing for that and also do i have to do for each certain hp seed? or once i get that one id i should be fine for my whole hg and ss game...

also terrkion's key presses are so annoying :/ its a select-B-L key press and its awkward as heck and i keep not hitting my seed cuaz of it any suggestions? I may just have to lower one iv on it or something cuaz its quite hard to hit...i already checked different dates thats the only one with a straight flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 iv's....
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 18th July 2012 at 8:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i think you guys missed my question by accident about getting a good id and secret id for flawless certain hp shinies...do i have to use pandora's box thing for that and also do i have to do for each certain hp seed? or once i get that one id i should be fine for my whole hg and ss game...
    I don't know what you mean.

So as long as they don't do something ridiculous like 4 movements, I'll be fine and still hit my desired nature? Arceus is in the 3rd clearing from the front. I haven't actually befriended the Porygon on the DW/typed in the code, so I don't know where it appears. For me, they can do 3 movements at worst. 2 at best.
    You can send the Pokémon to the Deepest Clearing, and they won't interfere with the PID frame when RNGing Arceus, since the Deepest Clearing is separate to Arceus' location (I think), and you won't have to pass them.

You can do Arceus or Porygon first, since Porygon could be moved to the Deepest Clearing with the other Pokémon, and then brought back to the Forest Clearing separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollestia View Post
    I'm using PPRNG 1.12.0, and when I enter in all the information, and then hit Search:
    Attachment 5272
    Nothing happens.
    Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on with the search? The DS/Game Config asks for my TID and SID, so should I know that for this to work? Any help would be much appreciated.
    EDIT: Also, for the time I enter to find my DS's parameters, do I enter the time I selected the game from the DS menu or the time I clicked on my save file to start the game?
    Hey, if anybody could answer this question, it'd be a huge help.

Hey, if anybody could answer this question, it'd be a huge help.
    I don't know anything about PPRNG, though I can answer your last question. You should enter the time you selected the game from the DS menu.

Just make sure you're not pressing any buttons at all until the Nintendo logo appears. Where are you using Sweet Scent to find your parameters?
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 18th July 2012 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I don't know what you mean.

You can send the Pokémon to the Deepest Clearing, and they won't interfere with the PID frame when RNGing Arceus, since the Deepest Clearing is separate to Arceus' location (I think), and you won't have to pass them.

You can do Arceus or Porygon first, since Porygon could be moved to the Deepest Clearing with the other Pokémon, and then brought back to the Forest Clearing separately.
    like for example if i want a flawless hp grass shiny moltres i need to find a good id for it to be flawless right but on the pandora box it says it searchs or something by one seed? so i was wondering does one good id/sid for that one flawless poke go for account for the whole game as flawless for shinies and etc...since you have to have a good id/sid for good shiny flalwess pokes on 4th gen...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    like for example if i want a flawless hp grass shiny moltres i need to find a good id for it to be flawless right but on the pandora box it says it searchs or something by one seed? so i was wondering does one good id/sid for that one flawless poke go for account for the whole game as flawless for shinies and etc...since you have to have a good id/sid for good shiny flalwess pokes on 4th gen...
    I still don't understand. If you RNG your ID/SID for a shiny HP Grass seed, then you can RNG shiny Pokémon using that same seed.

I don't know anything about PPRNG, though I can answer your last question. You should enter the time you selected the game from the DS menu.

Just make sure you're not pressing any buttons at all until the Nintendo logo appears. Where are you using Sweet Scent to find your parameters?
    I saved in front of Volcarona, I didn't use Sweet Scent. I might have pressed buttons before the Nintendo logo appeared, so I'll try it again and see what happens.

I saved in front of Volcarona, I didn't use Sweet Scent. I might have pressed buttons before the Nintendo logo appeared, so I'll try it again and see what happens.
    Volcarona's fine. You may have found your problem, then.

Volcarona's fine. You may have found your problem, then.
    No, I just did it again with Darmanitan and PPRNG still doesn't give me a seed and parameters when I hit Search. `\0_o/`

What encounter slots is Riolu at Sangi Ranch?

What encounter slots is Riolu at Sangi Ranch?
    For BOTH B2/W2, 8 and 10.

Btw, its under "Location 45". Scroll it to the right, then you'll see Riolu at encounter slot 8 (Lv. 5), and slot 10. (Lv. 7)

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

I still can't calibrate my W2. Is there a particular method required? B/W2 haven't been implemented into RNG Reporter yet. I have the following filled in to the Parameter Finder:

Version: White Version (Japanese)
    DS Type: Original/Lite
    DS MAC Address: my mac address
    Timer0: C60 - CA0

Is Route 20 good? I've stopped the one stoppable NPC, the other being my unstoppable rival in the doubles grass.

I'm using the same method I used to calibrate my White.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 19th July 2012 at 7:25 AM.

I still can't calibrate my W2. Is there a particular method required? B/W2 haven't been implemented into RNG Reporter yet. I have the following filled in to the Parameter Finder:

Version: White Version (Japanese)
    DS Type: Original/Lite
    DS MAC Address: my mac address
    Timer0: C60 - CA0

Is Route 20 good? I've stopped the one stoppable NPC, the other being my unstoppable rival in the doubles grass.

I'm using the same method I used to calibrate my White.
    Download the latest "alpha" of the RNG Reporter. I think its 13. x3

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

I was just yelled at by a mod in the wifi chat for discussing RNGing. so why is this thread still active, and why does Serebii care that GameFreak announced RNGing is cheating (DUH it's cheating!) that now we can't discuss RNGing which EVERYBODY does?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    I was just yelled at by a mod in the wifi chat for discussing RNGing. so why is this thread still active, and why does Serebii care that GameFreak announced RNGing is cheating (DUH it's cheating!) that now we can't discuss RNGing which EVERYBODY does?
    Source please.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Where was this? When was this? Do you have a link to where they said this?
    As far as you know this isn't a real signature

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Hello. I've never gone on the Wi-Fi chat so I can't say much about it. But discussing and using RNG is definately not against the rules of this site. There's even a whole thread dedicated to RNG'd Pokemon in the trade forum. If you really were "yelled at" by a Wi-Fi chat mod for just discussing RNGing and not anything like save states or finding out your SID via a cheating device (which are against the rules here) then I would recommend reporting that mod to one of the SMods or Admins here. Preferably with some kind of proof of the conversation like a screenshot or log.

But either way, this thread isn't the place for discussion about what a mod does or doesn't do. That kind of thing should be discussing via PMs.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

So my problem was that I was trying to calibrate with 9.96?

Edit: Finally, a result!
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 19th July 2012 at 3:15 PM.

Page 229 of 287 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast