Page 231 of 287 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

you know what i thought wouldn't you think having the roamers still out help verify your delay seed for breeding? it may be easier to know what your on for 4th gen heartgold and soulsilver? or am i wrong?

Afte 2 days, I finally RNGed my IDs in White 2, so my ID is 00000 and I know my SID.

Note to anybody whom is attempting B/W2 RNG, my Timer0's and my most frequent Timer0 match chiizu's results for White 2 if it helps, as well as my VCount, but not my VFrame.

And Eeveelover, I usually use a IV frame of 11 and verify with Elm calls.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 20th July 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Afte 2 days, I finally RNGed my IDs in White 2, so my ID is 00000 and I know my SID.

Note to anybody whom is attempting B/W2 RNG, my Timer0's and my most frequent Timer0 match chiizu's results for White 2 if it helps, as well as my VCount, but not my VFrame.

And Eeveelover, I usually use a IV frame of 11 and verify with Elm calls.
    okay thanks when i got off i thought about that lol...

How do you manipulate RNG so that your 2-5 hit moves always hit 5 times? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    How do you manipulate RNG so that your 2-5 hit moves always hit 5 times? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
    Battle RNG? None of us know and probably won't ever know. Only the RNG research people know how, and it's not information that is to be given out lightly for obvious reasons. If people knew how, they could always win speed ties, get a crit every hit, always hit 5 times without Skill Link, never get koed because of Focus Band, etc., etc. It wouldn't be any fun to play against people who could.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

So I've decided to try and rng shiny unown, one of each shape, in hgss. All the unown are unlocked. I found this article on how the shapes are generated. BUT I have started rnging, and while I get the shiny where I'm supposed to, the shapes are wrong. I got a G instead of an A, and an F instead of a B (but previously I got an F when I expected an F). Is the article outdated or something? Is there a different way that soul silver determines unown shape? Any help would be much appreciated.

(Also, I caught the second F, so if anyone wants a shiny unown F with a 31 Attack and not much else, let me know.)

Edit: nevermind, it turns out I was converting the Seed instead of the PID :P. Alrighty, let's try this again.
    Last edited by Kitara; 21st July 2012 at 4:04 AM.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

It was written for DP, but there was no change in PID generation between DP and HGSS.

I would try to help, but I don't understand binary and even after reading the article, it just made my head hurt. It's probably you.

Anyways, I have a problem as well. I'm looking for an encounter slot 8/10, flawless synchable shiny spread so that I can easily RNG a shiny Riolu and shiny flawless legendaries. I have on 3 keypresses, but it's 75% done searching and I still haven't found anything. My max shiny advances is set at 700. If this doesn't work, any suggestions on how to make it find something? Higher shiny advances? I can just try to use Chatot calls to verify.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 21st July 2012 at 4:24 AM.

google has all the answers until you need something specific ~.~ that or im having bad google luck this evening. I am trying to RNG my ID/SID on Platinum and i just cant figure out when to hit the A button. In HG/SS it was A to launch the game at the end of the first timer and A to shrink down at the end of the second timer, but for platinum im lost. All of the guides i have come across are for HG/SS (which is ironic because when i first started HG/SS all i could find was Platinum guides, and now i cant find them again). I assume you hit A to launch the game at the end of the first Timer and i have heard you hit A at the end of the TV report for the second timer, but at what point exactly? Before the last line of text, or to close the TV screen and start the text? Also, my seconds seem to be WAY off, by about 14- 33 (wtf), is that normal? in HG/SS the standard was a 3 second delay, is there a set delay like that for platinum? I have RNGed my ID/SID in HG/SS at least a half dozen times, so i know what to do for the most part, its just when to hit A at the end of the second timer ...
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    google has all the answers until you need something specific ~.~ that or im having bad google luck this evening. I am trying to RNG my ID/SID on Platinum and i just cant figure out when to hit the A button. In HG/SS it was A to launch the game at the end of the first timer and A to shrink down at the end of the second timer, but for platinum im lost. All of the guides i have come across are for HG/SS (which is ironic because when i first started HG/SS all i could find was Platinum guides, and now i cant find them again). I assume you hit A to launch the game at the end of the first Timer and i have heard you hit A at the end of the TV report for the second timer, but at what point exactly? Before the last line of text, or to close the TV screen and start the text? Also, my seconds seem to be WAY off, by about 14- 33 (wtf), is that normal? in HG/SS the standard was a 3 second delay, is there a set delay like that for platinum? I have RNGed my ID/SID in HG/SS at least a half dozen times, so i know what to do for the most part, its just when to hit A at the end of the second timer ...
    Yeah, you're supposed to hit A to boot from the DS Menu at the end of the first timer (or soft reset, I prefer hard reset), and you're supposed to close the TV screen at the end of the second timer, that's when your ID/SID is determined.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Hi, I'm new to RNG'ing and need some help.

First, I have calibrated my 3DS (I am using RNG Reporter 9.95) and have successfully hit seeds for wild capture for the IV spread I'm looking for using the non C-Gear method. However I am having some issues with advancing frames. I believe I am doing this right but I'll explain more shortly. I have also started trying to RNG eggs but I am really struggling with this - I can't seem to even hit the seeds for the IV spread.

Wild Capture:
    - I am aiming to RNG a Calm Jellicent with it's Water Absorb ability and my chosen IV spread seed. I have chosen to RNG it in Route 17.
    - I have successfully hit the seed for the IV spread on most occasions that I try to hit it but the initial frame is for a Rash Jellicent.
    - So I try to advance the number of frames using the Customer Chatter Chatot method I have read about but when I try this I am not even hitting the IV spread I'm looking for. For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.

Breeding
    - I am having severe trouble here even hitting the seed for the IV spread so I'll explain what I'm doing: I am using a flawless Ditto and a male Conkeldurr with the egg moves I want that is also holding an everstone for Brave nature.
    - I use the time finder in the RNG reporter to search for 5th gen eggs. I specify the IV's of the Ditto and the Conk. Specify that there is a Ditto parent and that an everstone is being used. I then generate the seds, select the one I want and copy/paste it in to the main screen. Select BW breeding, and specify a ditto parent and Generate there too. I've also worked out the initial frame and my target frame to work out the number of advances I may need to do.
    - I then set up my 3DS and game with me saved stood directly in front of the daycare man. Hit (I think, because I don't seem to have hit it yet!) the seed and take the egg. I've tried advancing the frames but as I'm struggling to get the IV's anyway I thought I'd just take the egg to check the IVs.
    - I then hatch the egg, usually by cycling up to Nimbasa and then cycling on the bridges there. Once it hatches I check the IVs approximately with the Battle Subway guy and... I got nothing!!!

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong with either of these? If you need more information just ask

Thanks to anyone that can help me!
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.
    Since you're not getting the correct IVs, it simply seems that your timer0 is trolling you. Just keep at it and you should hit your seed.

Breeding
    - I am having severe trouble here even hitting the seed for the IV spread so I'll explain what I'm doing: I am using a flawless Ditto and a male Conkeldurr with the egg moves I want that is also holding an everstone for Brave nature.
    - I use the time finder in the RNG reporter to search for 5th gen eggs. I specify the IV's of the Ditto and the Conk. Specify that there is a Ditto parent and that an everstone is being used. I then generate the seds, select the one I want and copy/paste it in to the main screen. Select BW breeding, and specify a ditto parent and Generate there too. I've also worked out the initial frame and my target frame to work out the number of advances I may need to do.
    - I then set up my 3DS and game with me saved stood directly in front of the daycare man. Hit (I think, because I don't seem to have hit it yet!) the seed and take the egg. I've tried advancing the frames but as I'm struggling to get the IV's anyway I thought I'd just take the egg to check the IVs.
    - I then hatch the egg, usually by cycling up to Nimbasa and then cycling on the bridges there. Once it hatches I check the IVs approximately with the Battle Subway guy and... I got nothing!!!
    Again, the problem is likely just your timer0. You should see if the egg matches up with any of the nearby PID frames displayed in the main window by checking its IVs. If it does not, then your timer0 is probably what's putting you off. There's no way to avoid this, so you'll have to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Since you're not getting the correct IVs, it simply seems that your timer0 is trolling you. Just keep at it and you should hit your seed.

Again, the problem is likely just your timer0. You should see if the egg matches up with any of the nearby PID frames displayed in the main window by checking its IVs. If it does not, then your timer0 is probably what's putting you off. There's no way to avoid this, so you'll have to keep trying.
    Thanks for getting back to me. It's encouraging that I don't seem to be doing much wrong. Is there anything I can do if I keep getting trolled? Perhaps look at my DS parameters again?

Thanks for getting back to me. It's encouraging that I don't seem to be doing much wrong. Is there anything I can do if I keep getting trolled? Perhaps look at my DS parameters again?
    If you find that your timer0 is continuously off, then change the timer0 value in your parameters to the other value you might have found when getting your parameters. If you didn't encounter another timer0, then find your parameters again to try to encounter it. There's only need to do this if you can't hit your seed repeatedly.

Hi, I'm new to RNG'ing and need some help.

First, I have calibrated my 3DS (I am using RNG Reporter 9.95) and have successfully hit seeds for wild capture for the IV spread I'm looking for using the non C-Gear method. However I am having some issues with advancing frames. I believe I am doing this right but I'll explain more shortly. I have also started trying to RNG eggs but I am really struggling with this - I can't seem to even hit the seeds for the IV spread.

Wild Capture:
    - I am aiming to RNG a Calm Jellicent with it's Water Absorb ability and my chosen IV spread seed. I have chosen to RNG it in Route 17.
    - I have successfully hit the seed for the IV spread on most occasions that I try to hit it but the initial frame is for a Rash Jellicent.
    - So I try to advance the number of frames using the Customer Chatter Chatot method I have read about but when I try this I am not even hitting the IV spread I'm looking for. For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.

Breeding

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong with either of these? If you need more information just ask

Thanks to anyone that can help me!
    2 potential problems:

1. Your PID frame isn't 12, right? You're looking at the initial PID frame, right?

2. I think there's NPCs at Route 17.

Hey there guys, new to the rng thing and Im having trouble getting my PID. Anyone that would be kind enough to help me out. I would appreciate it
    Link to my 4th/5th Gen Shop
    Pocket Monsters Stop Shop

Friend Safari: Dragon/Fairy

okay im getting really annoyed that i can't hit my target frame i took the target frame they gave me - the actual frame im trying to hit....the strange thing is when i keep doing the flips i never hit the seed :/ i know im hitting the time and presses right but i never hit my frame for the shiny or the iv's? i didn't have this much trouble at all with virizion or cobalion...i know i subtracted right too...you think my timer is acting funny or maybe my key presses are just to hard to hit cuaz its a Select-B-L hit...

OK I've looked into the wild Jellicent capture a bit more closely when I'm not hitting it and I believe I have found out what is going on. The actual seconds for the Jellicent I'm hitting is actually 7 seconds rather than the normal 8 here. Could this be due to the NPC or am I jsut getting trolled? I have hit this seed before with the expected 8 second difference. Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I've just checked by taking that seed and sticking it in to the main screen of the RNG reporter and I'm not happy I can do Chatot chatters! When I went ahead with it I found the frame I was hitting after the chatters

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    okay im getting really annoyed that i can't hit my target frame i took the target frame they gave me - the actual frame im trying to hit....the strange thing is when i keep doing the flips i never hit the seed :/ i know im hitting the time and presses right but i never hit my frame for the shiny or the iv's? i didn't have this much trouble at all with virizion or cobalion...i know i subtracted right too...you think my timer is acting funny or maybe my key presses are just to hard to hit cuaz its a Select-B-L hit...
    This is pretty much the same issue I am having, except I don't have any key presses
    Last edited by Pidj; 21st July 2012 at 5:51 PM.

OK I've looked into the wild Jellicent capture a bit more closely when I'm not hitting it and I believe I have found out what is going on. The actual seconds for the Jellicent I'm hitting is actually 7 seconds rather than the normal 8 here. Could this be due to the NPC or am I jsut getting trolled? I have hit this seed before with the expected 8 second difference. Any help would be much appreciated!

This is pretty much the same issue I am having, except I don't have any key presses
    see the thing is i have breed multiple times and have rng mostly all the stationaries but terrakion is the one im having trouble with so i know my timer0 is fine, so it has to be trolling or something...i was gunna say since you have a 3ds the secs of delay are more then one sec off when trying to hit your seed which it is like 8 second delay for the 3ds...im using a normal dslite which im only one sec behind with the loading screen with a really awkward key press...im sure you will get it though

Just hit the Jellicent seed I was looking for and advanced to the frame I wanted too. That means its the first time I have successfully rng'd what I was looking for!

The RNG:

Jellicent
    Calm nature
    Water Absorb
    31/01/31/30/31/31

On to breeding!

Just hit the Jellicent seed I was looking for and advanced to the frame I wanted too. That means its the first time I have successfully rng'd what I was looking for!

The RNG:

Jellicent
    Calm nature
    Water Absorb
    31/01/31/30/31/31

On to breeding!

good job i knew you can do it and im just gunna search out a seed that somewhat close to being flawless its just too awkward for the key presses for me to hit this seed...from now on you can post all your rng in the discuss my poke thread thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    good job i knew you can do it and im just gunna search out a seed that somewhat close to being flawless its just too awkward for the key presses for me to hit this seed...from now on you can post all your rng in the discuss my poke thread thread
    Thanks. I'll just need to learn the format for the posts in that thread

Thanks. I'll just need to learn the format for the posts in that thread
    yep no problem and so far im still stuck with this key press D: so i may be stuck trying to rng terrakion for a month if it keeps up doing stupid stuff...

edit: well i figured out what i did wrong it was really silly to i tried to search out a stationary in wild LOL...i have find a good new seed now that actually works LOL...man i fell stupid :/

nvm they were right still what am i doing wrong is there moving npc in the trail chamber or something?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 21st July 2012 at 8:52 PM.

I still can't seem to hit the seeds when trying to RNG abuse eggs! I've sort of described my method above.

But here's the guide that I'm following:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=21

Is that incomplete or should the method in there for breeding look right? I followed the method in that guide for wild captures and as my previous post shows I can do that.

I know timer0 trolling is a possibility here but I have never hit a seed for breeding so I think I must be doing something wrong!

I'm also aware of the wandering npc near the daycare centre but do they affect the iv spread? I thought they only affected the PIDRNG so natures and abilities.

CONFUSED

I still can't seem to hit the seeds when trying to RNG abuse eggs! I've sort of described my method above.

Is that incomplete or should the method in there for breeding look right? I followed the method in that guide for wild captures and as my previous post shows I can do that.
    First, hit your seed and mash X to bring up the menu, then accept the egg. Then, see what frame you hit (I usually take the egg to the Nimbasa City IV judge and see it's 31's and see if they match up. Then, just treat it as if the frame you hit is your starting frame on the next attempt.

I know timer0 trolling is a possibility here but I have never hit a seed for breeding so I think I must be doing something wrong!
    Hitting a breeding seed is identical to hitting a wild pokemon seed.

I'm also aware of the wandering npc near the daycare centre but do they affect the iv spread? I thought they only affected the PIDRNG so natures and abilities.

CONFUSED
    In breeding, the IVs and PID are together.

CONFUSED
    The guide looks pretty good. My only thought might be, where are you searching for your initial frame? With one chatter, I usually hit around frame 52.

My own problem: I think they switched unown shape generation between DPP and HGSS because the guide I was using (this) isn't turning out. I've gotten the following:

927A3AFC / desired shape A / actual shape H
    0474ACF5 / desired shape B / actual shape A
    570FFF8A / desired shape C / actual shape E
    7840D0C7 / desired shape D / actual shape J

If anyone does know how unown shapes are determined in hgss, please please please let me know. Right now it's not a big deal because I don't have what's appearing, but once I need specific shapes it will be a problem if I can't accurately predict them. I'd rather not resort to trying all 3,000 shiny seeds RNG Reporter found.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

Page 231 of 287 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast