Page 233 of 286 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Yes, I checked and the seeds I am hitting are showing up on the reporter. Is that what you mean? And is landorus crazy hard because I am sweet scenting atm, but I will try landorus in a bit.
    Black FC: 4513-6723-8540 FC for all trades!

White FC: 3482 9361 7381 FC for all battles!

Looking for flawless iv'd pokes, shiny pokes, and flawless iv'd shinies. I am also looking for the power items in defense, sp. defense, and hp. I have a shiny adamant UT geodude, some ev trained pokemon, dwf's, and can breed for at least 2-3 perfect ivy's. Thanks!

Define hard. I only needed to hit my seed 3 times, twice to figure out the NPC advancement and 1 to catch it, and I was going for a specific frame for shiny. There were probably 20+ timer0 trolls involved much to my annoyance but the NPCs weren't a big factor at all. If you aren't aiming for shiny it shouldn't be much of an issue at all. Tornadus and Thundurus are the really hard ones.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonjoe30 View Post
    Yes, I checked and the seeds I am hitting are showing up on the reporter. Is that what you mean? And is landorus crazy hard because I am sweet scenting atm, but I will try landorus in a bit.
    okay yes then then its more likely your timer0 trolling you or your miss counting the flips...also he not as bad as tornadus and thundurus they are the hardest to rng of the legendaries but this guy above can tell you how hard he is to get

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Sorry for posting so many questions but when I start my game at the time it says in the reporter, should I start my game a second earlier? Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

Looking for flawless iv'd pokes, shiny pokes, and flawless iv'd shinies. I am also looking for the power items in defense, sp. defense, and hp. I have a shiny adamant UT geodude, some ev trained pokemon, dwf's, and can breed for at least 2-3 perfect ivy's. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonjoe30 View Post
    Sorry for posting so many questions but when I start my game at the time it says in the reporter, should I start my game a second earlier? Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!
    If you're using a DS, DS Lite or DSi, yes. If you're using a 3DS, it's eight seconds earlier.

what he just answered ^ post...depending on your game system its a yes or no...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Heyyyyyyyyyy, people. How's it going? Been forever since I last posted. Lol... Whoops. :P Funny thing is that I believe a year and a month ago was the first time I got on these forums to pursue my goal of RNGing. After a lot of help I actually figured it out.

Anyways, after being gone since November last year, I've had the urge to RNG again. This time, though, I wanted to learn how to abuse my IDs on Heart Gold. Attempt failed so I decided to wait for Chiizu to update PPRNG to support 4th ID abuse. So, I went to my unplayed Black Version and I tried to abuse my IDs. Attempt successful with that. But now my problem is actually getting the 31/30/31/30/31/30 spread Shiny Timid Snivy... What IV Frame are starters on? I really hope it's 1 because I can't manage to figure out what my problem is. I keep hitting a different nature and everything. I even plugged the IVs into an IV Calc. Speed shows to be 31. It's not. Lol. So either I'm having personal problems, or the IV Frame is supposed to be 8 for starters and I need to totally restart my endeavors.

*For those that don't want to read all that: My real question is what is the IV Frame of a starter? 1 or 8?
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

The IV frame is 1.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Awesome! So it's just personal mess ups that it's not working. Thanks, Funk.

*Edit: So just to make sure, I obviously can't Chatot flip at this point in the game, so my limitations in advancing the PIDRNG are just saving (which equals one frame advancement)? So starting at 49 and having to go to 65 would mean I have to save 16 times. Is there any interference (such as wandering NPCs) that I would have to worry about?
    Last edited by Shadow_Assailant; 24th July 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    My most recent RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    Awesome! So it's just personal mess ups that it's not working. Thanks, Funk.

*Edit: So just to make sure, I obviously can't Chatot flip at this point in the game, so my limitations in advancing the PIDRNG are just saving (which equals one frame advancement)? So starting at 49 and having to go to 65 would mean I have to save 16 times. Is there any interference (such as wandering NPCs) that I would have to worry about?
    Nope. Bianca and Cheren don't move, so you should be fine.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Cool.
    Then I know I have to be doing something wrong... :/ I was able to figure out my starting PID frame (and PPRNG was right about it), but every time I advance 16 times, which I'm supposed to, I'm getting a PID that isn't even on my Seed Inspector List or the adjacents...

*Edit: I also forgot to add after I do my advancing, I don't seem to even hit the right IV frame because, using Serebii's IV Calc, it shows I'm getting a 31 Speed IV (it can tell just by leveling up form 5 to 6) and I'm only supposed to have 30... :/

Never mind. Got my Snivy.

#495 Snivy | Grass | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Stacey | ID: 44443 | SID: 00980 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Overgrow | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
    Date: 7/17/2012 | Starter | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Fire/70 | IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30
    Last edited by Shadow_Assailant; 25th July 2012 at 12:34 AM.
    My most recent RNG:

I can't get another profile to work on RNG Reporter 9.96, If I try to add one it will show up in the list, but whenever I exit out of the profile window it uses my original profile I made. If I try to edit the current profile in 5th gen time finder, it also just reverts back to my original one. Anyone know how to fix this?

i have never used profiles before (still have 9.95) but in 9.95 if you change the settings in the main window, they carry over to time finder. Well, its that way for the ID/SID combo anyway, i never really have had to change anything else
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Which alpha version are you using? Alpha 15 appears to be letting me set up and use different profiles where the previous version I was using had issues with them.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrader View Post
    Which alpha version are you using? Alpha 15 appears to be letting me set up and use different profiles where the previous version I was using had issues with them.
    Had no idea there were different alpha versions of 9.96, thanks to you I get my Muskedeers much sooner than anticipated

When breeding, how do I tell where the pidrng starts at? Thanks.

I'm assuming you already calculated the starting frame. What you do after that is start the game like you're RNGing the egg, hatch it and note the nature. This will probably be easier if you aren't using an everstone. If you're really lucky you'll land on a frame that doesn't have your everstone nature so you know exactly how much the NPCs are advancing the frame. If not repeat this process until you find a pattern. This really sucks with long hatch times.
    White FC 2537 3498 2779

I'm still really having trouble with RNG'ing eggs. I just can't seem to hit the seed... ever! When I RNG a wild capture I have no problem with hitting the seed. People said before it could be a timer0 thing but it's getting a bit silly now!

I tell the RNG reporter (9.95) that I'm using a flawless ditto (so tick the box for ditto parent) and I'm trying to breed egg moves on to the offspring so I put the IV's for the other poke in the father section.
    Select my IV spread and enter month and year, everstone used, nature desired and ability desired.
    Select the seed put it in to the main screen, select BW breeding, specify ditto parent and everstone used. and calculate initial PIDRNG frame.
    I also ask it to show characterstics in the search.
    I generate.

Then I start the game at the time specified (8 seconds ahead as I'm using a 3ds) and collect the egg instantly after the season screen disappears. The I hatch it and compare it to the list to work out my actual starting frame... and I've got nothing! I've even started checking adjacent seeds and every now and again I seem to hit the seed immediately before my own!

I've been trying this since my last post in this thread. If this is timer0 trolling it's infuriating. I'm actually hoping I'm doign something wrong so that I can correct it easily!

Any help would be muich appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I've been trying again and I have twice in row hit the seed immediately before the one I am aiming for. This seems to be too much of a coincidence for my liking because it's happened before and now it's 2 out of 2 here. And when I aim for a wild capture RNG I hit the seed first time. Has anyone else doing RNG's with a 3DS encountered this issue? Or is there something obvious I can do to fix this?

EDIT2: I'm now hitting my seed of choice regularly but I'm having trouble with the advancing of the frame. It seems to be jumping around quite a lot. Should my actual starting frame be constant or can it keep jumping around?
    Last edited by Pidj; 25th July 2012 at 8:38 PM.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Hey all, trying to find my Parameters on Black 2, using the new Reporter 9.96. Anyone have a good area to use (no NPC's high level mon etc) as at the moment it keeps giving me about 100+ results so definitely need to narrow that down. (If ypu could reply to me in a PM as I have limited internet at present and don't want the pain of trawling through loads of pages to find an answer lol) Thanks
    On a personal RNGing note have been caning it through Black recently, bred and hatched over 20 competitive ready Shiny mon in the last 2 weeks

Hey guys just wanted to pop in a share my recent success:

Lv. 40 | Nature: Naive | Ability: Prankster
    IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31 | HP: Ice 70
    Moves: Revenge | Air Cutter | Extrasensory | Agility

It took me a long time and I changed seeds twice but i finally got him . I started trying to rng him in the winter and it was just too erratic so I found some summer ones in the future and just faced the season changes (which don't affect it as much as rain/snow). Thanks to those of you who helped me early on in this, I really appreciate it

RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :

Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

Just got this little man. I thought it time that I get one (on my way to get a second) seeing as I've always used two random Chatots that I caught on my Platinum Version and then transported to White. I decided that I wanted to actually RNG a couple of them seeing as they've been so useful to me in my endeavors to RNG shinies.

#441 Chatot | Normal-Flying | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Keen Eye | Characteristic: Mischievous
    Date: 7/9/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
    Hidden Power/Power: Steel/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31

So, yeah. I plan to get three more. 2 of them for my White Version and 2 for my Black Version. But I was wondering if anyone else had trouble hitting the same seed after they successfully RNG the egg the first time. Nearly every time I egg RNG, every subsequent RNG of the same seed ends up not working right. The first time today that I got this to work, I kept hitting the wrong PID Frame (by 2), so after I went from 23 advances to 21, I hit the correct frame. Now, it seems that 21 advances isn't the right amount. I've hit the seed without advancing the frame a few times and I seem to be landing on 56 as the starting frame when before it was 54 (I'm aiming for 75, by the way). I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, confirm I'm not going crazy. Lol. *Edit: So yeah. More on this. My original PID Frame of 54 did change to 56 this time. I have no idea why, but it changed, yet I got my second Chatot of the above specs.

By the way, amazing job, blonde! I envy your capture!
    Last edited by Shadow_Assailant; 25th July 2012 at 9:54 PM.
    My most recent RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by blonde_1 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to pop in a share my recent success:

Lv. 40 | Nature: Naive | Ability: Prankster
    IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31 | HP: Ice 70
    Moves: Revenge | Air Cutter | Extrasensory | Agility

It took me a long time and I changed seeds twice but i finally got him . I started trying to rng him in the winter and it was just too erratic so I found some summer ones in the future and just faced the season changes (which don't affect it as much as rain/snow). Thanks to those of you who helped me early on in this, I really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    Just got this little man. I thought it time that I get one (on my way to get a second) seeing as I've always used two random Chatots that I caught on my Platinum Version and then transported to White. I decided that I wanted to actually RNG a couple of them seeing as they've been so useful to me in my endeavors to RNG shinies.

#441 Chatot | Normal-Flying | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Timid | Ability: Keen Eye | Characteristic: Mischievous
    Date: 7/9/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
    Hidden Power/Power: Steel/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31

So, yeah. I plan to get three more. 2 of them for my White Version and 2 for my Black Version. But I was wondering if anyone else had trouble hitting the same seed after they successfully RNG the egg the first time. Nearly every time I egg RNG, every subsequent RNG of the same seed ends up not working right. The first time today that I got this to work, I kept hitting the wrong PID Frame (by 2), so after I went from 23 advances to 21, I hit the correct frame. Now, it seems that 21 advances isn't the right amount. I've hit the seed without advancing the frame a few times and I seem to be landing on 56 as the starting frame when before it was 54 (I'm aiming for 75, by the way). I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, confirm I'm not going crazy. Lol. *Edit: So yeah. More on this. My original PID Frame of 54 did change to 56 this time. I have no idea why, but it changed, yet I got my second Chatot of the above specs.

By the way, amazing job, blonde! I envy your capture!
    Nice RNGs guys (jealous of the Tornadus too, I'm still fighting my Thundurus with no luck :/) but finished projects are better suited to the discuss my pokemon thread.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Oh. Okay. Lol. Sorry. I'm just used to posting my success on here because ever since July last year until November (where I kind of fell out of the loop), I've always posted my successes here.

*Edit: Ahhhhhh. I just stalked back on this thread. I see where you guys started the idea of having the new thread for discussion of success stories. I will move there now. Sorry. :P Explains the slight slowness of this thread. Lol.
    Last edited by Shadow_Assailant; 26th July 2012 at 1:17 AM.
    My most recent RNG:

thanks shadow and dewey!

and sorry I also didn't realize there was a separate thread for finished projects, my bad

RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :

Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

I've got a question - twice recently I've been trying to hit a shiny egg seed as told to me by the rng reporter. As per usual I was unsuccessful but then when I've come back to attempt it again I've put (I am certain of this) the same parameters in toi the rng reporter and that seed has just disappeared. There is one seed that keeps coming up so its not like its completely changing. Has anybody else ever experienced this?
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Page 233 of 286 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast