Page 235 of 287 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 7152

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNoGawa View Post
    Question: Is RNGing shiny pokemon or eggs easier?
    Also, I would like to know how NPCs affect the frame? Is there a way to tell what my frame will turn out to be using the recorder and the NPCs?
    It's easier to find seeds for eggs, plus you can get egg moves, but caught ones can be in lovely balls. NPCs advance the PIDRNG, and as far as I know, there isn't a way to predict what it'll be.

So I started with RNGing a shiny DW egg, and I've got my seed: A9B22E96AFD76E3D
    And it is supposed to have all flawless IVs except for a 20 in attack, and it has a bold nature...

Now, in the results I got, my frame is 5, I think that's the frame I'm trying to hit, and the PID is 2CB3EB7D. Could someone tell me what the PID is for? I'm just a little confused in that area! Also, the species is said to be Nidoran F./Volbeat...what does this mean?
    Thanks!
    (Hahaha, I'm just a beginner!)
    Last edited by AmaNoGawa; 1st August 2012 at 2:29 AM.
    Hiya!

Anyone want to make friends on X and Y?
    FC: 1263-5665-6444
    Safari: Galvantula, Dedenne, and Helioptile
    Looking For: Normal w/ Eevee, Dark w/Absol, Dragon w/ Sliggo, Fire w/ Charmeleon and/or Ninetails!

I've got Pokemon X! Xerneas FTW!

5 is much too low for breeding anything, since the PIDRNG usually starts at around frame 40-55. Get an egg with a higher frame and try and hit that, adjusting chatters to compensate for WNPC advancement.

The PID is the Pokemon Identification Number, don't worry about that for RNGing unless you're making a certain PID shiny with ID abuse. The species is for people breeding the Nidoran lines or Volbeat/Illumise, if you're not breeding those, disregard it.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    what do you mean mess up with pokecheck?
    so far i have found it to be fairly simple but i'm sure someone (maybe me?) could upload one of you pokemon to pokecheck
    but also it would be a very useful skill to have as you can check ivs on it if you're RNGing
    I now it's quite easy and simple, but I'm afraid to use it because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokécheck FAQ
    If you only use Pokécheck for depositing and IV checking there will be no trace at all on your save file. However, we suggest you do not use the download or PokeTransfer features, and revert your DNS settings to auto before any official event.
    I still use the PokéTransfer to obtain Pokémon from my Platinum and SoulSilver cartridges. If you could help me know my SID, I would really appreciate it.
    Richie | 4597 0550 9417 | Nosepass, Onix, Rhydon

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    5 is much too low for breeding anything, since the PIDRNG usually starts at around frame 40-55. Get an egg with a higher frame and try and hit that, adjusting chatters to compensate for WNPC advancement.

The PID is the Pokemon Identification Number, don't worry about that for RNGing unless you're making a certain PID shiny with ID abuse. The species is for people breeding the Nidoran lines or Volbeat/Illumise, if you're not breeding those, disregard it.
    May I ask how to adjust the chatters for the WNPCs? The daycare is on route 3, and I think there might be two WNPCs on that route, but do you count the ones who just turn in place? And do trainers count as well on that route?
    Hiya!

Looking For: Normal w/ Eevee, Dark w/Absol, Dragon w/ Sliggo, Fire w/ Charmeleon and/or Ninetails!

May I ask how to adjust the chatters for the WNPCs? The daycare is on route 3, and I think there might be two WNPCs on that route, but do you count the ones who just turn in place? And do trainers count as well on that route?
    Anything that doesn't have a set movement pattern will advance the PIDRNG. Route 3 has 2 or 3 that advance, and they barely advance (like 2-5 frames). As for chatters, you can do the amount that would be required to hit your frame as if there were no NPCs, then subtract by what you hit, but personally I just undershoot my chatters by 2-5 and I usually get it within 1-3 tries.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Alright, thanks! My starting frame appears to be 45, and the frame I'm trying to hit is 61, and I can change the time on my DS to get to the time that's listed for me to start my game right?

Another one: If the starting frame and the frame you're trying to hit are the same, can you just go ahead and collect the egg without having to chatter at all, or is that impossible?

And how do you know if you have the right Chatot pitch?
    If there are two WNPCs on the route would it be okay to assume they are advancing the frame by 3 each, so for what I'm doing I'd have to hear chatter 10 times?
    I'm still a little confused I guess, but once I get it once I'll be able to do it again!
    (Sorry for all the questions, hope you don't mind answering them! )
    Last edited by AmaNoGawa; 1st August 2012 at 4:14 AM.
    Hiya!

Quote Originally Posted by richi3f View Post
    I still use the PokéTransfer to obtain Pokémon from my Platinum and SoulSilver cartridges. If you could help me know my SID, I would really appreciate it.
    That is just something to do out of an abundance of caution, but there is really nothing to worry about as pokecheck will not alter the data in anyway except for a direct download from their site. If you directly download a pokemon from pokecheck it will be given a Premier ribbon. Other than that though, there is no effect on the pokemon

Alright, thanks! My starting frame appears to be 45, and the frame I'm trying to hit is 61, and I can change the time on my DS to get to the time that's listed for me to start my game right?
    Thats right. Don't forget that you need to start the game a second or so early, depending on your DS model.

Another one: If the starting frame and the frame you're trying to hit are the same, can you just go ahead and collect the egg without having to chatter at all, or is that impossible?
    You forgetting about that 1 WNPC on route 3. Your PID frame will advance while the season screen is loading, so if your starting PID frame is the same as your target frame, it will probably be impossible. However, if your starting frame is 2 below your target frame, you may not need any advancements in that case and simply collecting the egg could be all you need to do.

And how do you know if you have the right Chatot pitch?
    Low = a deep sound
    Mid = an average sound
    High = a high pitched sound

you can try to match up the pitches to see if you hit you seed and to keep track of your frame, but if this is distracting to you (as it is to me) or if you don't like this, its not at all necessary and you can just do the right number of chatot flips and adjust from there.

If there are two WNPCs on the route would it be okay to assume they are advancing the frame by 3 each
    There is only one, the daycare teacher down by the fence, all other NPCs are static and will not affect your PID frame. Also, there is no set amount that she advances the frame by, but the range is usually 2-5 (once you find out how many frames she advances it by, this will stay fairly constant throughout your RNGing crusade.) For me, she always advances the PID frame by 2, so if my starting frame is 50, i know its actually 52, and from there its just chatot flips and hoping i close the menu and grab the egg before she moves again.

so for what I'm doing I'd have to hear chatter 10 times?
    I'm still a little confused I guess, but once I get it once I'll be able to do it again!
    (Sorry for all the questions, hope you don't mind answering them! )
    I would say shoot for 14 advancements and see where you land, you might be under a few frames but if so just adjust and try again. The best thing to do is practice a few times and see what you get. Keep at it and you will succeed. And don't worry about asking questions, thats what the RNG Help Thread is for after all!
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Okay wth :/ my reporter is not givin me any results and i know foe sure i got the delay matches and everything...my reporter not givin me results on the main reporter correctly? Help please!

if the issue is in the main window, make sure you have everything filled in correctly. If there is a lead sync make sure you mark it down, if it is method K, stationary, make sure you mark it down, etc etc.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    if the issue is in the main window, make sure you have everything filled in correctly. If there is a lead sync make sure you mark it down, if it is method K, stationary, make sure you mark it down, etc etc.
    Nope im tryin to rng method 1 with entei when i search the seed i copy it search seed to time got one roamer and then when i imput it in the main reporter the the frame im tryin to doesn't show even with normal seed copy ....its very strange....

Edit: nwvermind figured out what i did...was mot looking at the frame i was looking at hour not frame lol....

also when im on my last rng for latios any tips to check to see if i hit the delay right or just listen to the chatot frames?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 1st August 2012 at 8:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    NPC's don't affect calibration iirc. And as for levels, I calibrated as usual and traded the pokemon over to B/W and RC'd it to find it's IVs.

BTW, I don't think 9.96 supports BW2. I'm using Alpha 15 to RNG on White 2. That is, unless you're using the right timer0 range.
    Well I finally got my parameters, narrowed it down to the one and hit the Wondercard for Piplup that I wanted
    Now I just want to know, are BW2 the same as BW in that the parameters never change, because I reset to get another Piplup only this time I haven't been able to hit the seed at all. I know there are multiple timer issues with BW2 so it may be that I'm just being unlucky, but if they do change each time then I want to find out before I waste loads of time lol

I've been trying to RNG for a DW Gligar on Black, and I have everything set up, RNGReporter and EonTimer, and I know everything to put into EonTimer. However, I can never seem to hit my delay, no matter what I do. I also cannot check for exact IVs without saving the game, and that would mean I could no longer RNG for Gligar. And so, I'm stuck doing the same thing over and over again with no shift in the EonTimer data based on previously hit frames and with no result. What am I doing wrong? How can I actually accomplish this? What DS type should I use? (I have DS Lite, DSi, and 3DS)

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

my dear god okay got a question still for my last roamer latios how can i verify my seed hit without any roamers...is there a trick to make sure i hit my delay right or is it just luck to hit it...i did once and the chatot frame i hit sounded right but it wasn't the nature i wanted so i have to redue the process over again..is there another trick besides listening to chatot?

Quote Originally Posted by V4LOVER View Post
    I've been trying to RNG for a DW Gligar on Black, and I have everything set up, RNGReporter and EonTimer, and I know everything to put into EonTimer. However, I can never seem to hit my delay, no matter what I do. I also cannot check for exact IVs without saving the game, and that would mean I could no longer RNG for Gligar. And so, I'm stuck doing the same thing over and over again with no shift in the EonTimer data based on previously hit frames and with no result. What am I doing wrong? How can I actually accomplish this? What DS type should I use? (I have DS Lite, DSi, and 3DS)
    I'm not that familiar with Entralink abuse, however you can check the IVs using the IV judge in the Battle Subway (assuming you beat the E4 already). He's the first person you see when walking down. As for DS type, my personal preference is the DS Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    my dear god okay got a question still for my last roamer latios how can i verify my seed hit without any roamers...is there a trick to make sure i hit my delay right or is it just luck to hit it...i did once and the chatot frame i hit sounded right but it wasn't the nature i wanted so i have to redue the process over again..is there another trick besides listening to chatot?
    No, not if you've caught the other roamers.

Quote Originally Posted by V4LOVER View Post
    A combination of Rare Candies, the IV judge, the HP checker in Mistralton Pokémon Center and an online IV calculator will give you close to exact IVs (depending on how many Rare Candies you use).
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 1st August 2012 at 8:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Entralink abuse, however you can check the IVs using the IV judge in the Battle Subway (assuming you beat the E4 already). He's the first person you see when walking down. As for DS type, my personal preference is the DS Lite.
    Thanks for the input on the DS type.

When I catch a Gligar, if it doesn't have 36 HP (perfect HP IV) then I take it out of the Entralink and go straight to him. I put his input, the stats, as well as the Hidden Power guy in Mistralton. I put them in an IV calculator to find the IVs, but when I get some notable IVs, they're never present in the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder window, on either side of the target (before/after).

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on rare candies, The Eleventh. I hadn't thought of that.
    Last edited by V4LOVER; 1st August 2012 at 9:09 PM.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

I've tried starting my DS a second early, and trying anything from 12 to 15 advancements, but still not getting it...btw I'm trying to rng a shiny DWF marill, Parents are both flawless, but I'm not really worrying about the IV's right now, just I'm trying for all flawless except 20 in attack, I think.
    My DS type is DS lite, how many seconds early would it be good to start? And when I do press a should I press it just as the second hand changes or after it changes and is still on the number I want?
    Hiya!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    No, not if you've caught the other roamers.

A combination of Rare Candies, the IV judge, the HP checker in Mistralton Pokémon Center and an online IV calculator will give you close to exact IVs (depending on how many Rare Candies you use).
    Alright thanks lets tey it again then lol..yeah i already got entei and raikou just haven't posted in the discuss thread yet until i get latios..

I've tried starting my DS a second early, and trying anything from 12 to 15 advancements, but still not getting it...btw I'm trying to rng a shiny DWF marill, Parents are both flawless, but I'm not really worrying about the IV's right now, just I'm trying for all flawless except 20 in attack, I think.
    My DS type is DS lite, how many seconds early would it be good to start? And when I do press a should I press it just as the second hand changes or after it changes and is still on the number I want?
    Since you're using a DS Lite, you should start one second before the given time. I like to press A a moment after the second hand changes. If I were you, I'd try successfully RNGing wild or stationary Pokémon before doing eggs. Some screenshots of your RNG Reporter windows would also be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Since you're using a DS Lite, you should start one second before the given time. I like to press A a moment after the second hand changes. If I were you, I'd try successfully RNGing wild or stationary Pokémon before doing eggs. Some screenshots of your RNG Reporter windows would also be helpful.
    Would Cobalion be a good stationary pokemon to start with? I've never tried RNGing wild pokemon before, so what would be my first step?
    Hiya!

Would Cobalion be a good stationary pokemon to start with? I've never tried RNGing wild pokemon before, so what would be my first step?
    Hit your seed, and catch it.

I know you are going to laugh at me, but how do you hit your seed? (Sorry, I've just never tried this before and the online guides confuse me too much...What method am I using with rng reporter (I have 9.93 beta and 9.95 beta, which is better?) I should use Gen. 5 IVs, standard seed?

For DS parameters, I need to do a sweet scent check, I think I know how to do that, and can you put in the min and max ivs if the calculator says they are, say, 26-27 Ivs, the max is 27 and min is 26, right?
    Should I put in any held buttons? And what is soft reset? Can I choose to not fill in the initial seed if I don't know it yet? And then hit search? (Just checking to see if these are the correct steps) Then do I use the result in the time finder? Do I hit my seed just by starting the game at the time mentioned in the time finder? Do I have to advance the frame at all or will the recorder do my starting frame and the frame I'm trying to hit?

Sould I select "Search for nearby shiny frames" and "use true minimum frame?"

I really appreciate everyone's effort to answer my questions! Sorry for being a bother!
    Hiya!

Does anybody have a link to pikatimer, eontimer, or something similar? I keep trying to download the current eontimer, but it only shows half the screen on my computer. And I want to rng my legendaries on Soul Silver.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out what was wrong.
    Last edited by kaorusquee; 2nd August 2012 at 4:31 AM.
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

If the IVs are wrong then you just need to advance the IVRNG (or don't advance it if you accidentally did the first time. Simply walk 128 steps with the right number of pokemon in your party and the IV RNG will advance by that many. If your party has 3 pokemon after 128 steps your IVRNG will be frame 4 (# pokemon + 1 starting frame = 4). Do note that if you are in an area with wild pokemon (surfing, a cave, grass) walking will advance the PIDRNG too and your nature and shininess will be affected. Just recalculate your SSF and then do the right number of flips
    But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help.

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Page 235 of 287 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285 ... LastLast