Page 236 of 287 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Just caught myself a flawless timid Zapdos on Soul Silver. It took a couple tries, because even though everything, including the Elm calls, showed that I was dead on, I went past it by one. So, I subtracted one from the number of calls it said for me to do a bam! Flawless Zapdos. Caught it in the first quick ball I threw at it.
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNoGawa View Post
    I know you are going to laugh at me, but how do you hit your seed? (Sorry, I've just never tried this before and the online guides confuse me too much...What method am I using with rng reporter (I have 9.93 beta and 9.95 beta, which is better?) I should use Gen. 5 IVs, standard seed?

For DS parameters, I need to do a sweet scent check, I think I know how to do that, and can you put in the min and max ivs if the calculator says they are, say, 26-27 Ivs, the max is 27 and min is 26, right?
    Should I put in any held buttons? And what is soft reset? Can I choose to not fill in the initial seed if I don't know it yet? And then hit search? (Just checking to see if these are the correct steps) Then do I use the result in the time finder? Do I hit my seed just by starting the game at the time mentioned in the time finder? Do I have to advance the frame at all or will the recorder do my starting frame and the frame I'm trying to hit?

Sould I select "Search for nearby shiny frames" and "use true minimum frame?"

I really appreciate everyone's effort to answer my questions! Sorry for being a bother!
    okay one question at a time lol its alright though were here to help...sorry just overflowed with alot of questions for the first though hit a seed means the target your hitting for example you want a flawless hp dark shiny...if you get it that is your hit your seed...also first you must sweet sent a poke jot down its iv's and even the time you started your game up...date time but when doing time make sure its one sec ahead if its a ds lite or original ds when you load your game up at the loading screen of the beginning ds with the clock...lets start there...you need to find your perimeters to find the right timer for your game before rnging anything...also guys attempting this landous and with moving npc sadly :/
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 3rd August 2012 at 2:05 AM.

Okay, thanks
    I've got the first part of it down, and I think I've got the rest of the steps too, thanks so much! Sorry for spilling out so many questions at once! :/
    Hiya!

Anyone want to make friends on X and Y?
    FC: 1263-5665-6444
    Safari: Galvantula, Dedenne, and Helioptile
    Looking For: Normal w/ Eevee, Dark w/Absol, Dragon w/ Sliggo, Fire w/ Charmeleon and/or Ninetails!

I've got Pokemon X! Xerneas FTW!

Hi, quick question. I did everything I needed to do, found my parameters, and was about to rng for terrakion when rng reporter closed. Do I have to find my ds parameters every time I close rng reporter? Thanks.
    Black FC: 4513-6723-8540 FC for all trades!

White FC: 3482 9361 7381 FC for all battles!

Looking for flawless iv'd pokes, shiny pokes, and flawless iv'd shinies. I am also looking for the power items in defense, sp. defense, and hp. I have a shiny adamant UT geodude, some ev trained pokemon, dwf's, and can breed for at least 2-3 perfect ivy's. Thanks!

they should be saved in RNG Reporter, but if there was an error that forced RNG Reporter to close, your parameters may have been erased. If so, you can manually renter them, or just find them again. Under normal circumstances though, your parameters will not b erased once RNG Reporter is closed
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

ok, thank you
    Black FC: 4513-6723-8540 FC for all trades!

White FC: 3482 9361 7381 FC for all battles!

Looking for flawless iv'd pokes, shiny pokes, and flawless iv'd shinies. I am also looking for the power items in defense, sp. defense, and hp. I have a shiny adamant UT geodude, some ev trained pokemon, dwf's, and can breed for at least 2-3 perfect ivy's. Thanks!

If the IVs are wrong then you just need to advance the IVRNG (or don't advance it if you accidentally did the first time. Simply walk 128 steps with the right number of pokemon in your party and the IV RNG will advance by that many. If your party has 3 pokemon after 128 steps your IVRNG will be frame 4 (# pokemon + 1 starting frame = 4). Do note that if you are in an area with wild pokemon (surfing, a cave, grass) walking will advance the PIDRNG too and your nature and shininess will be affected. Just recalculate your SSF and then do the right number of flips
    But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help. It's in B/W

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help. It's in B/W
    well the IVRNG is the separate rng that controls the ivs
    what i have found it is easiest to do is not to manipulate it at all
    which means the ivs you want should be at frame 1 ( for wild encounters ) or 8 (for breeding)
    or if you are trying to rng a wild pokemon with no wandering npcs around ( such as terrakion) then you can walk 128 steps with the amount of pokemon in your party that you need to advance the ivrng by -1 pokemon ( eg if your iv frame was 6 you would take 1 from 6, because it starts at one, then walk 128 steps with 5 pokes in your party)
    but dont do this for breeding because as you walk the wandering npcs will keep advancing your PIDRNG
    hope this helped
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

Ok, I'm having some trouble rnging a Staryu at Route 13 (B/W). It's my first Wild Surf rng.

I have previously managed to rng a stationary legendary (Terrakion), a flawless Ditto and a Hidden Power Grass 70 Golduck. Just to show I am able to make this work.

I have litte problem hitting my seed either, I hit it like 90% of the time. I start of trying to verify my starting frame, mashing X to get the menu up right away. So I catch the first Pokemon twice, checking IV's and all to be sure there's no mistake. Then I use Chatot to skip a frame and repeat the procedure, and then I skip two frames so that I know what to look for in the RNG reporter. This has worked before but this time, I can't find a match in the RNG Reporter, and I've checked the first 1000 frames.

I had similair problems when I first tried to catch the Golduck, so I changed my route where I tried to catch it and had no problems, and I wonder if this can be because of all the NPC's around? But surely they can't affect the frame that far? Well, in any case, I'm lost.
    <3 - Brawl FC: 1977-1714-5254 - Latest Breed: 31/10/21/31/19/31
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

route 13 does indeed have NPCs and that can affect your results. Is your IV frame 1 and is there any weather in the area? The results may not be side by side in RNG reporter, but they may be a few frames apart from each other. Also, double check to make sure the main window is setup properly and you are using a proper seed. Did you mark time finder down for surfing when you searched for a seed? Did you mark down the ability of the lead pokemon if it is relevant (synchronize, Cute Charm, Suction Cups, etc). Did you mark down the same information in the main window (wild pokemon surfing, suction cups, all that apply). Double check the setup first and make sure everything is right, and if all is right, then it could just be the NPCs/weather/Timer0
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    The results may not be side by side in RNG reporter, but they may be a few frames apart from each other.
    I've never heard of this before so it got me curious. I've always assumed the results need to be next to each other. But if this is the case, does it mean that I should try and find similarities; i e the results I expect aren't next to each other, but maybe 2 or 3 frames apart.

For the rest: I hit the proper seed, I've double checked the IV's several times so that's no probs. I did the timer search for surf wild and at first I didn't use any special leads, but I did put a Synchronizer now (so I guess I'll skip that). There's no weather. IV frame is 1.

And now I remember I forgot to say thanks for the quick reply! =)
    Last edited by Chauzu; 4th August 2012 at 11:24 AM.
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauzu View Post
    I've never heard of this before so it got me curious. I've always assumed the results need to be next to each other. But if this is the case, does it mean that I should try and find similarities; i e the results I expect aren't next to each other, but maybe 2 or 3 frames apart.
    Yes, due to the WNPCs on Route 13.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yes, due to the WNPCs on Route 13.
    I've done a few RNGs on route 13 (4 Absol and a Staryu using the area I'm about to post, without having to adjust Chatters at all) and if you RNG in the patch of grass next to the Socialite and Black Belt, or in the water north of it, close to the Black Belt again, then the WNPCs won't advance there for some reason. I guess it's because the route is big enough that the part of the map where the WNPCs do advance frames isn't loaded.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    I've done a few RNGs on route 13 (4 Absol and a Staryu using the area I'm about to post, without having to adjust Chatters at all) and if you RNG in the patch of grass next to the Socialite and Black Belt, or in the water north of it, close to the Black Belt again, then the WNPCs won't advance there for some reason. I guess it's because the route is big enough that the part of the map where the WNPCs do advance frames isn't loaded.
    Thousands of thanks for this! Suddenly I got the Staryu after 15 mins... Surreal after fighting for like two days, haha. Many, many thanks!

Next stop for me is to try breeding rng I guess. I hope I won't face the same problems I had before with this Staryu.
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Thundurus's SSF would need to be at least 540 + initial PID frame, since it lasts at least 9 seconds, right? Also, would 694 be a hittable frame?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Thundurus's SSF would need to be at least 540 + initial PID frame, since it lasts at least 9 seconds, right? Also, would 694 be a hittable frame?
    Yeah, that sounds right. And 694 should be hittable, but you may have to check, just in case.

I never got the Entralink RNG up and running, so I decided to step down and try breeding RNG first.

First, I did a simple flawless Impish Gligar (non-DW ability) from a female DW Gligar and a flawless Ditto. After a couple of tries I succeeded.

Now I took out the Ditto, put in the new Gligar, and searched for seeds (parent IVs are exactly the same, since the new father is still flawless). I found one from January 2011 that resulted in a shiny flawless DW Gligar.

I've tried this one a bit but to no avail. I have a question or two.

1. When I put in the Everstone nature, do I have to search for that nature as well, or will it automatically search for Everstone-affected frames?
    2. When I receive a seed with a frame, do I advance it through running with the certain number of Pokemon in the party, or with a Chatot? The Chatot worked the first time, but it doesn't seem to work all subsequent times.

Here's the "output to .txt" for the seed that RNG Reporter gave me.

Seed - AAA6AD37317C9EF9
    Frame - 73
    PID - 1F8605C6
    !!! - !!!
    Nature - Bold
    Ability - 0
    Dream Ability - True
    Hidden Power - Dark 70
    50% F - M
    25% F - M
    12.5%F - M
    75%F - M
    Date/Time - 01/03/11 17:45:28
    Keypress - None

Is this an everstone one? "Bold" is not bold, if that indicates one.
    Last edited by V4LOVER; 4th August 2012 at 9:04 PM.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

I did 0 flips and got Calm, Mischievous. I'm using 9.95. The only things within reason that match this are 578 and 705, but 10 flips gives Hasty, Alert to Sounds on frame 606. I'm starting to think my SSF is higher than my target frame. I've read that there's something wrong with certain versions of RNG Reporter regarding characteristics?

Quote Originally Posted by V4LOVER View Post
    1. When I put in the Everstone nature, do I have to search for that nature as well, or will it automatically search for Everstone-affected frames?
    You must enter the desired nature.

2. When I receive a seed with a frame, do I advance it through running with the certain number of Pokemon in the party, or with a Chatot? The Chatot worked the first time, but it doesn't seem to work all subsequent times.
    Running advances both the IV and PIDRNG frame. The IV frame should not be advanced when breeding, so the IV frame given is always eight for breeding. You will need to advance the PID frame, though, which is done through Chatot advances.

Is this an everstone one? "Bold" is not bold, if that indicates one.
    It's not an Everstone frame, then, iirc.

I did 0 flips and got Calm, Mischievous. I'm using 9.95. The only things within reason that match this are 578 and 705, but 10 flips gives Hasty, Alert to Sounds on frame 606. I'm starting to think my SSF is higher than my target frame. I've read that there's something wrong with certain versions of RNG Reporter regarding characteristics?
    Any such errors should be fixed in the latest RNG Reporter. 578-606 sounds plausible to me; the rain advances are very erratic. Try twenty advances and observe your results.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 4th August 2012 at 9:07 PM.

I also have another question. The last time I tried to RNG in White 2 was just before I used the Memory Link for the first time, and now I have gotten 3 flashbacks and the Bianca battle. How does the Memory Link affect the RNG?

I also have another question. The last time I tried to RNG in White 2 was just before I used the Memory Link for the first time, and now I have gotten 3 flashbacks and the Bianca battle. How does the Memory Link affect the RNG?
    I've heard it just shifts a few starting frames forward by 1 frame, but other than that I don't think it does anything. I don't think there's any way to tell what seeds it messes with except through actually RNGing, at least until a new RNG Reporter's released.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quick question~

Because of the moving NPC in route 3, I need to know my SSF, right? So I need Sweet Scent a Pokémon in the grass arean and check it's IV's, which let's me to advance my frames correctly.

Well an easier method is just to press x until the menu comes up and then exit and receive the egg
    Then if it corresponds to the ivs nature characteristic etc. that's you SSF and you can calculate the number of advances needed
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

Woop, just got my first flawless breeding RNG! Trick Room Grimer with max HP, Atk, Def and Sp Def and 0 Spd, Sassy nature with Egg Moves Curse and Shadow Sneak.

Think I got the hang of rng now, maybe I can start helping others now. Guess I just need to try Entralink RNG now.

Guess I'll have to take that back and as a question... Just tried to RNG while fishing in BW, but on the RNG Reporter, it doesn't show all frames to me when I click generate. I've tried several seeds and they show all frames on all Encounter types except for fishing. So basically, what is this?
    Last edited by Chauzu; 5th August 2012 at 5:27 PM.
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

When I advance the PID with my Chatot during egg RNG, should I do it inside or outside the daycare?

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Page 236 of 287 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast