Page 237 of 287 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by V4LOVER View Post
    When I advance the PID with my Chatot during egg RNG, should I do it inside or outside the daycare?
    Right in front of the day care man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    Well an easier method is just to press x until the menu comes up and then exit and receive the egg
    Then if it corresponds to the ivs nature characteristic etc. that's you SSF and you can calculate the number of advances needed
    Thanks for the answer. But I think it's faster to check IV's on Pokécheck than wait until the Egg hatches to check the IV's. But I have anohter question about your Actual Starting Frame in Egg breeding. Well, I heard about your SSF, which is a number around 14-20. Also RNG reporter gives me the initial PID frame, which is 48 for me right now. My question is about the Actual Start Frame. Is it the SSF or the initial PID frame PLUS the SSF? The tutorial here says the actual starting frame is slitghtly higher than your initial PID frame, so I assume it can't be only your SSF.

Sorry if this looks confusing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alter ego View Post
    Is it the SSF or the initial PID frame PLUS the SSF?
    The latter.

Also, the WNPCs usually advance by 3-10 (this number will likely remain consistent to each RNGer), not 14-20.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The latter.

Also, the WNPCs usually advance by 3-10 (this number will likely remain consistent to each RNGer), not 14-20.
    Thanks, I just found out NPCs advanced my frame by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauzu View Post
    Guess I'll have to take that back and as a question... Just tried to RNG while fishing in BW, but on the RNG Reporter, it doesn't show all frames to me when I click generate. I've tried several seeds and they show all frames on all Encounter types except for fishing. So basically, what is this?
    nvm, realized that these are frames where you don't catch any fish.
    <3 - Brawl FC: 1977-1714-5254 - Latest Breed: 31/10/21/31/19/31
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

I finally got what I was trying for after a week or so.

#207 Gligar
    OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:
    Nature: Impish| Ability: Immunity | Type: Ground / Flying
    Hatch Location: Skyarrow Bridge | Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Moves: Poison Sting / Sand-Attack
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Last edited by V4LOVER; 6th August 2012 at 2:20 PM.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Having some troubles with my first 4th gen Pokemon RNG (I RNGed my ID/SID, but that was over a month ago). I seem to consistently be 2 seconds under my target, even if i change my target seconds to be 2 above in eontimer. How can i go about fixing this?

EDIT: Scratch that! Shiny Lugia obtained! Wooooo
    Last edited by Ryze; 6th August 2012 at 4:54 PM.

Im just trying RNG for the first time and for some reason the virizion i keep trying to RNG has horrible IV's. The nature is correct but i've tried countless times trying to get the right IV's and i just fail. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Delsnes View Post
    Im just trying RNG for the first time and for some reason the virizion i keep trying to RNG has horrible IV's. The nature is correct but i've tried countless times trying to get the right IV's and i just fail. Does anybody know what the problem might be?
    your not hitting your time then your min/max frame should be 1 so it should be the iv that you started with if you hit your time right and it should be all right besides the shiny if you want it of course also are you using synchronize? also make sure all your inputs in the reporter are correct...

also my dear god this landrous is a pain D: i think im hitting moving npc cuaz i know for sure i have been doing my chatot cry's right :/ Im hitting the time right cuaz its the hp dark what i want just not hitting the shiny frame...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 6th August 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delsnes View Post
    What IV Frame are you using. Alternately, you may be getting trolled by your alternate Timer0.

Alright, stuck on a little something here: my frame is 2 and I don't know what my starting frame will be...
    My shiny frame is 270, so do I have to go from frame 2 to frame 270?
    Hiya!

Anyone want to make friends on X and Y?
    FC: 1263-5665-6444
    Safari: Galvantula, Dedenne, and Helioptile
    Looking For: Normal w/ Eevee, Dark w/Absol, Dragon w/ Sliggo, Fire w/ Charmeleon and/or Ninetails!

I've got Pokemon X! Xerneas FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNoGawa View Post
    Alright, stuck on a little something here: my frame is 2 and I don't know what my starting frame will be...
    My shiny frame is 270, so do I have to go from frame 2 to frame 270?
    Is your frame your Shifting Staring Frame? If so, you need to add that Frame with your Initial PID Frame you found in RNG reporter. The you can start counting~

Also I have a little question. If Time Finder says "DW Ability - True" does that mean that the parents MUST have DW Ability? I found I good seed but it says DW Ability, but I don't want to get one.

Change the method to PIDRNG, and hit Calculate Initial PID Frame. That's your starting frame. And you'll have to walk around 128 steps with 1 poke in your party, meaning you can only have either 1 Chatot or a Sweet Scenter in your party AKA don't use that seed for wild pokemon. Try to find a frame 1 seed.

There's 2 RNGs in BW, the IV RNG and the PIDRNG. The IV RNG in your case is 2 (walk around 128 steps), and the PIDRNG frame is 270, meaning you have to keep going in and out of the 1 Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter recorded.

tl;dr Try to find a frame 1 seed.

And Alter Ego, that just means if the DW ability will be passed down on that frame, doesn't apply if you're not RNGing a DW egg.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Change the method to PIDRNG, and hit Calculate Initial PID Frame. That's your starting frame. And you'll have to walk around 128 steps with 1 poke in your party, meaning you can only have either 1 Chatot or a Sweet Scenter in your party AKA don't use that seed for wild pokemon. Try to find a frame 1 seed.

There's 2 RNGs in BW, the IV RNG and the PIDRNG. The IV RNG in your case is 2 (walk around 128 steps), and the PIDRNG frame is 270, meaning you have to keep going in and out of the 1 Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter recorded.

And Alter Ego, that just means if the DW ability will be passed down on that frame, doesn't apply if you're not RNGing a DW egg.
    So will the frame work if the parents don't have DW Abilities?

Is your frame your Shifting Staring Frame? If so, you need to add that Frame with your Initial PID Frame you found in RNG reporter. The you can start counting~

Also I have a little question. If Time Finder says "DW Ability - True" does that mean that the parents MUST have DW Ability? I found I good seed but it says DW Ability, but I don't want to get one.
    How do I know if the frame is a shifting frame? Also, there isn't a chatot pitch listed, so am I supposed to advance the frame another way?

About the DW ability, I'm almost positive that a Pokemon can't get a DW ability unless a parent has the ablility, so if neither of the parents for your pokemon have the DW ability, I think you should be safe. Are you using DW parents?
    Hiya!

Looking For: Normal w/ Eevee, Dark w/Absol, Dragon w/ Sliggo, Fire w/ Charmeleon and/or Ninetails!

Of course, it only means if the mother has a Dream World ability, it'll be passed down. Otherwise it'll get one of it's standard abilities.

Yes. DW abilities have a 60% chance of being passed down if the female has the dw ability, that's just determining if the baby will have it's DW ability.

Okay, I have a frame 1 seed, so, now I need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in my party, probably Chatot, and then listen to it's cry until I hit the frame I'm trying to reach, is that right?
    Thanks for helping!
    Hiya!

How do I know if the frame is a shifting frame? Also, there isn't a chatot pitch listed, so am I supposed to advance the frame another way?

About the DW ability, I'm almost positive that a Pokemon can't get a DW ability unless a parent has the ablility, so if neither of the parents for your pokemon have the DW ability, I think you should be safe. Are you using DW parents?
    If you're RNGing in a place with WNPCS (the ones which advances your PID Frame), you need to know your SSF. You can read the FAQ here to discover your SSF, but I found out mine by hitting my seed, press X rapidly to bring up the menu (letting the seasons essage fade up by themselves) and then Sweet Scent a Pokémon. By write down it's IVs, you can see it in the Adjacent Seeds from your Starting PID frame.

About my issue, well, my parents aren't DW, so I don't want to pass any DW ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Of course, it only means if the mother has a Dream World ability, it'll be passed down. Otherwise it'll get one of it's standard abilities.
    Yes. DW abilities have a 60% chance of being passed down if the female has the dw ability, that's just determining if the baby will have it's DW ability.
    Oh, thanks for both answers. Time Finder confused me a bit since it looks like I WILL RNG a DW egg.

Okay, I have a frame 1 seed, so, now I need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in my party, probably Chatot, and then listen to it's cry until I hit the frame I'm trying to reach, is that right?
    Thanks for helping!
    Yes, except for the fact that you don't need to walk around anymore. Just have 2 Chatots with custom Chatters recorded, then use Sweet Scent.

I'm not getting it, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right, but, for captures, do I have to start my DS a second earlier than the set time?
    Hiya!

I suggested walking 128 steps with 1 pokemon because that's how you advance the IV frame. But since you're using an IV frame of 1, you don't need to. Just go into the game from the DS Menu 1 second before your target time (you've calibrated, right?) and Chatot flip until you're at your target frame. If it has the right IVs but wrong nature/shininiess/pokemon, you hit your seed, but didn't get the right frame.

Could you tell me what callibrating is? Is this the part where the EonTimer comes in, because I don't know how to use it yet...
    Hiya!

EonTimer is only used for Entralink RNGing in BW. Select the find Parameters option, then it should be self-explanatory, just fill in your DS's MAC Address, your DS type, and your version and game language. Then put in the time/date you press A from the DS Menu (not 1 second before) and find the first pokemon you encounter's IVs or IV range. Victory Road works level-wise.

BTW, you'll need to find a different seed then if that seed was found before calibrating.

Okay, thanks for the help! I'll try and see if it'll work, I've got a new seed now, and here we go! Wish me luck!
    Hiya!

Page 237 of 287 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast