Page 243 of 287 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6051
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    hey im new to the whole rng process and i was trying to get my keldeo flawless but i kept doing something wrong and now i noticed that the date changed on it the wonder card is no longer 8/27/2012 its now 11/16/2012 can anyone help with this problem

  2. #6052
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfuji View Post
    hey im new to the whole rng process and i was trying to get my keldeo flawless but i kept doing something wrong and now i noticed that the date changed on it the wonder card is no longer 8/27/2012 its now 11/16/2012 can anyone help with this problem
    The date doesn't mean anything, I have a wondercard with the date 4/02/12 because that was the time my DS was set to. Anyways do you still manage to hit your seed and are you picking up Keldeo in the Pokemon League pokemon center?

    Also, does anyone know of any videos for ID/SID RNG for 4th gen and 5th gen?
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  3. #6053
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Yet that is possible, and probably likely too since the rain, NPCs, and the time it takes you to get through the cut scene will all affect your frame. Remember, the PRNG will advance at ~60 FPS so if it takes just 1 secons longer to get through the scene, that is another 60 frames you have moved. Combine that with NPCs and other factors, that isn't impossible. Try to export the PID frames to a .txt file, then paste them in to an excel spreadsheet. This will make searching a lot easier and you can even separate the frames you hit to find a cluster close to each other.. This will make it easier to find your SSF. You can also try using a timer to time how long you are in the rain for. If you are in the rain for 10 seconds each and every time, the advancements should be more consistent.
    I have at least triple-checked and got the same results every time.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  4. #6054
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    The date doesn't mean anything, I have a wondercard with the date 4/02/12 because that was the time my DS was set to. Anyways do you still manage to hit your seed and are you picking up Keldeo in the Pokemon League pokemon center?

    Also, does anyone know of any videos for ID/SID RNG for 4th gen and 5th gen?
    oh ok that was my my concern the date on the wonder card i mean but i figured out what i was doing wrong i got the flawless keldeo now thx tho

  5. #6055
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfuji View Post
    oh ok that was my my concern the date on the wonder card i mean but i figured out what i was doing wrong i got the flawless keldeo now thx tho
    yeah the date will be different then what you rnged it as...thats normal for wondercards...its the day you received the actual card...so yeah congrats on the flawless keldo...i still need to rng mine not sure if i should go for a certain hp type yet for my competitive battling...

  6. #6056
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    That method is obsolete as RNG Reporter will do that for you now. This makes things much easier too.
    Ah cool, I use PPRNG so I didn't know... PPRNG can handle the characteristics but when I did it I don't think I set it up right, so I just made a matlab script to calculate everything for me and spit out all the possible frames lol


    Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    Hello guys I've found a seed with 31/E/30/31/31/31 IVs and a lower shiny frame at 641.
    So when I try to do advances, it totally messed up.
    My SSF is 461, so I do 183 chatters to go to 641. But it turned out to be at 672. So this shows me there's another SSF, 489, and this requires 152 chatters.

    So the brief case is I sometimes shift between the 2 chatter values.
    I find that if I chatter 183 times, I must advance to ~672; if I chatter 152 times, I must advance to ~613 vice versa.
    I highly suspect that these 2 chatter values are linked to the frame I reached(which is wrong) no matter how I change the chatter value because I've marked down the frame I reached each time and tried to predict where I will be reaching and thus the "correct" no. of chatters I need.
    But sadly, none of the predictions came true.
    It just seems to me that the frame I reach is determined by one and only one chatter no., and when I try to change that no. accordingly, the frame changes wrongly.

    So can anybody help? Thanks,
    You need to keep trying more values in between 152 and 183. Just because your starting frame is 461 and your target is 641, it's not going to require exactly 183 chatters because the rain and npcs make the advancements very erratic. The number of chatters you do is NOT going to be exactly equivalent to how many frames it advances and what you end up hitting. That's why RNGing the roamer in BW is hard... it just takes a lot of patience and trial and error.
    152 got you to 613, so add 10 and try 162 and see where you get, and so on...


    RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :



    Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

  7. #6057
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I think I found my SSF. Your opinions?

    0 Chatters = 578
    10 Chatters = 612
    20 Chatters = 633

    Going to try 30. Characteristics also match.

    Edit: 30 gives me something in the 750 range. What should min frame be set to?

    Edit Edit: Why does everybody say to do it in Summer? Wouldn't it be easier in Winter, where there's a semi-consistent 260 frame advancement? So your SSF would be about 260 + initial PID frame + NPC advancements in Winter?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 30th August 2012 at 11:57 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  8. #6058
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde_1 View Post
    You need to keep trying more values in between 152 and 183. Just because your starting frame is 461 and your target is 641, it's not going to require exactly 183 chatters because the rain and npcs make the advancements very erratic. The number of chatters you do is NOT going to be exactly equivalent to how many frames it advances and what you end up hitting. That's why RNGing the roamer in BW is hard... it just takes a lot of patience and trial and error.
    152 got you to 613, so add 10 and try 162 and see where you get, and so on...
    Just realized that 180 gives 642(1 frame more!)...179 gives 677, WTF.
    I'm going to try out all values between 152 and 183, and going to mark them down on an excel spreadsheet. Wish me good luck!

    By thw way, is it normal that the frame you reach messed up?
    In fact, 152 gives me 613 and 162 gives me 624, 172 gives me 631, so I assume the advancement are consistent, but now I can't say that anymore...

  9. #6059
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I think I found my SSF. Your opinions?

    0 Chatters = 578
    10 Chatters = 612
    20 Chatters = 633

    Going to try 30. Characteristics also match.

    Edit: 30 gives me something in the 750 range. What should min frame be set to?

    Edit Edit: Why does everybody say to do it in Summer? Wouldn't it be easier in Winter, where there's a semi-consistent 260 frame advancement? So your SSF would be about 260 + initial PID frame + NPC advancements in Winter?
    Gah! For the love of god do not do it in the winter! lol That's what I started doing at first but it does not work as you would think... my advancements were even more erratic than the summer (maybe from changing from snow->rain->snow?) and I had a hard time finding any consistencies. It was so bad that I switched to summer and just dealt with the season changing screens which were by far the lesser of two evils...

    your frames seem a lot wider apart than most people find but I suppose its possible, keep trying more like up to 60. What do you mean by min frame (is that an RNGreporter thing)? Also just want to make sure you're checking all possible frames that match the nature and characteristic... I usually had a few possibilities rather than one definitive frame.


    RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :



    Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

  10. #6060
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Is that ever possible for me to hit the same frame with different chatters?
    For example, can I hit frame 672 with 183, 186, 188 chatters simultaneously?(I'm quite sure I've the same mashing speed each time)

  11. #6061
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

    Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

    Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 31st August 2012 at 4:47 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  12. #6062
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    Is that ever possible for me to hit the same frame with different chatters?
    For example, can I hit frame 672 with 183, 186, 188 chatters simultaneously?(I'm quite sure I've the same mashing speed each time)
    yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...


    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

    Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

    Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.
    I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

    Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...


    RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :



    Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

  13. #6063
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  14. #6064
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde_1 View Post
    yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...




    I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

    Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...
    Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
    And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.
    By the way, how long does it take for you to get your shiny roamer?

  15. #6065
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
    And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.
    By the way, how long does it take for you to get your shiny roamer?
    Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?

    Edit: I think I finally found something usable. After 11 Chatters, I got Quirky, Often dozes off, which, when I searched with a min frame of 400, brought up 477, 515, 1019 and 1139. I'm pretty sure the 1000+ ones aren't really plausible (right?) in summer?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 31st August 2012 at 7:26 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  16. #6066
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.
    The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common

    Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
    And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.
    By the way, how long does it take for you to get your shiny roamer?
    That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
    Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?
    If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
    I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?


    RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :



    Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

  17. #6067
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde_1 View Post
    The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common



    That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
    Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)



    If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
    I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?
    What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
    Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.

  18. #6068
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Can anyone here help me? I'm trying to RNG Dragonite outside the Dragonspiral Tower. But I can't seem to find my current frame after the Bubble Spot appears. Is there anything I can read that'll help me better understand how to RNG Shaking Grass/Dust Clouds/ Bubble Spots? Cause I can't seem to find anything, and would like to RNG this Dragonite.

    3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

    WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

  19. #6069
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
    Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.
    Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...


    RNG Pokes | RNG Events
    Black: 1077 0598 2056 | Black 2: 4513 8595 0298
    3DS: 4339-2477-3333 (Michelle) -- Safari :



    Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for Latias!

  20. #6070
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde_1 View Post
    Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...
    180 Chatters gives me 642(1 frame off!), which is in the 10-increment range, but the neighboring frames messed up...179 gives 667, WTF.

    Edit: In the 10-increment range, the #s are quite consistently adding 10s, but all the neighboring frames messed up.
    Last edited by lm925781; 1st September 2012 at 5:12 AM.

  21. #6071
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have been trying this RNG stuff for about a week. At first, I tried to find my SID and try and get a perfect shiny Virizion. I tried this for a couple of days, and just gave up and decided to shoot for just a flawless IV spread. I recalibrated my game in the RNG program (I am using PPRNG on a Mac). I searched for a seed with my desired IV spread, and got one. I tried to hit the seed, and caught Virizion. Upon checking its IVs in a IV calculator, I was not surprised by the fact that I had caught a Virizion without the IVs I wanted. I sighed, and tried again. After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
    Thanks

  22. #6072
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Strailya
    Posts
    26

    Default

    you might be starting the game too early you have to start it 1 second before the time for a normal ds and 8 seconds early for the 3ds
    otherwise it might be timer0 trolling you
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

    RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

  23. #6073
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RED5150 View Post
    After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
    Thanks
    You answered your own question: you hit the same seed twice. Granted, it was not the seed you were aiming for (maybe) but getting consistent results is a good first step. Is your IV frame set to 1? If you are lucky, you just need to advance the IVRNG. It is also possible that your Timer0 was off, in which case you just need to keep trying. At worst, you hit the wrong seed and your timing was off. I'm not familiar with PPRNG so I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but if you have specific questions about the program feel free to post and other Mac users will help out
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  24. #6074

    Default

    Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

    BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!




    Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

    Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

    I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

    LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

  25. #6075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Mania97 View Post
    Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

    BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).
    I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Page 243 of 287 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •