Page 244 of 286 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 7144

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.
    Okay well here it is! The author makes it funny and goes step by step to make sure you get everything and makes it really easy to understand. Heres his Shiny Flawless egg guide, he's got otheres at the bottom, e.g. calibration guide and stationary abuse for example.

Hope it helps! http://thegamingforum.org/forum/f21/...-228/#post2069
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Haven't seen a RNG thread for Gen III in the Gen III section, so I'm going to post this here.

I've started RNGing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Emerald.
    My shiny frame is at 36 seconds and 90 milliseconds.

Smogon says that the frame is chosen as soon as I say YES to pick the Pokémon I chose.
    I'm starting my stopwatch at the same time I Soft Reset (give or take a few milliseconds, I'm aware of that.)

Is there anything else I should know about RNGing for shiny Johto starters? Or am I all set?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Haven't seen a RNG thread for Gen III in the Gen III section, so I'm going to post this here.

I've started RNGing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Emerald.
    My shiny frame is at 36 seconds and 90 milliseconds.

Smogon says that the frame is chosen as soon as I say YES to pick the Pokémon I chose.
    I'm starting my stopwatch at the same time I Soft Reset (give or take a few milliseconds, I'm aware of that.)

Is there anything else I should know about RNGing for shiny Johto starters? Or am I all set?
    You're all set, but I recommend using EonTimer over a stopwatch.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Hmm...
    The beeping feature on ZomgTimer really does help.
    Allows me to SR without having to look at the timer at all times.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Hell yeah, I got it!
    Ended up not using ZomgTimer nor EonTimer for it, since they both weren't as accurate as I would have wanted them to be.
    So I just used my trusty online stopwatch instead, sometimes using a stopwatch app on my phone.

Interestingly enough, the moment I hit the correct frame was the one when I had to go to the bathroom, so I took my phone with me + the stopwatch app, and did one reset there.
    While I was waiting for the timer to reach the desired time (Had decided to SR when the timer reached 5 seconds, then picking Cyndaquil when it reached 41.90) I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I got the shiny Cyndaquil here, on the toilet."
    And I did.

Here's a picture of the Cyndaquil, if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 4th September 2012 at 3:49 AM.

I have a Klang sitting in my entralink on Black2. Can someone tell me how to rng it? I've never done entralink rng, and I was told it is different for the Black2/ White2 games.
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

Quote Originally Posted by kaorusquee View Post
    I have a Klang sitting in my entralink on Black2. Can someone tell me how to rng it? I've never done entralink rng, and I was told it is different for the Black2/ White2 games.
    it's a standard seed on IV frame 25, from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Hmm...
    The beeping feature on ZomgTimer really does help.
    Allows me to SR without having to look at the timer at all times.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Hell yeah, I got it!
    Ended up not using ZomgTimer nor EonTimer for it, since they both weren't as accurate as I would have wanted them to be.
    So I just used my trusty online stopwatch instead, sometimes using a stopwatch app on my phone.

Interestingly enough, the moment I hit the correct frame was the one when I had to go to the bathroom, so I took my phone with me + the stopwatch app, and did one reset there.
    While I was waiting for the timer to reach the desired time (Had decided to SR when the timer reached 5 seconds, then picking Cyndaquil when it reached 41.90) I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I got the shiny Cyndaquil here, on the toilet."
    And I did.

Here's a picture, if anyone's interested.
    Oh thank god, I thought the picture was of you on the toilet. But on a different note, successful RNGs are better suited to the DMP thread. Nice job nonetheless though
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorusquee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    it's a standard seed on IV frame 25, from what I've heard.
    Well, here's a guide with some information about

Link - info is in the second post.

Note that he uses PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter, but the basic information regarding the Entralink is the same.
    Last edited by Agonist; 4th September 2012 at 4:01 AM.

Well, here's a guide with some information about

Link - info is in the second post.

Note that he uses PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter, but the basic information regarding the Entralink is the same.
    Awesome! Thanks so much.
    View my trade shop here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-s-Trade-Shop

English Black FC: 0948 4275 8925
    English White FC: 1163 7087 2919

Quick question: Is there something wrong if my SSF isn't a fixed value? When RNG for eggs, I found out it was 2, 6 and 8. I think it's better to discover it hatching an Egg without any advancements, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alter ego View Post
    Quick question: Is there something wrong if my SSF isn't a fixed value? When RNG for eggs, I found out it was 2, 6 and 8. I think it's better to discover it hatching an Egg without any advancements, right?
    there are NPCs that advance the PIDRNG while RNGing eggs.

i have tryed this, a few times, but
    i never get it to work, so i just skip it.

i have an F in math xD

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

SWEET!

I hit the shiny frame for Deoxys in Emerald on my third try!

You know how Smogon says the delay for Deoxys is around 6 seconds?
    Well, when I went for a test run, and figured out it actually was actually a few milliseconds after 8 seconds and not 6 seconds.

So I went and saved in front of Deoxys, pressing A on the triangle at about 11.80-11.90 seconds or something. (frame was at 20 seconds, edited my ID/SID so that this particular frame was shiny to make my life easier.)
    Then, just as I decided to start recording what spreads I was getting, I stare down at the screen and see that it's shiny already!

Unarguably my shortest RNG hunt to date (The two times I RNG'd a Mew, it took me a few hours. Same with Treecko and Cyndaquil.)
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 6th September 2012 at 3:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VEVOZ View Post
    i have tryed this, a few times, but
    i never get it to work, so i just skip it.

i have an F in math xD
    why bother posting then?

there are NPCs that advance the PIDRNG while RNGing eggs.
    I know, I've already RNGd eggs. What I meant to say is that seems the NPC in route 3 is messing with the frames randomly. It advanced the PID by 2 while RNGing my first egg; it advanced 6 frames while RNGing Elekid; Finally, it advanced 8 frames while RNGing Swinub. I heard the NPC advances the frame by a consistent number, while mine doesn't. Is it better to discover what will be the advances first since it'll be randomly advanced later?

I have found something consistent for RNGing my roamer. I hit a frame after 11 Chatters that has 477 with ability 0 and 515 with ability 1. I could just find somebody to help me upload it to pokecheck to see if it's ability 0 or ability 1 and then I've definitely found something useful? The next frames that match up are above 1000.

These are the results I've gotten so far, I think I'm really close to getting a shiny roamer:

0: 498
    1: 501
    2: 499
    11: 477/515 (leaning towards 515)
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 8th September 2012 at 1:51 AM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter ego View Post
    I know, I've already RNGd eggs. What I meant to say is that seems the NPC in route 3 is messing with the frames randomly. It advanced the PID by 2 while RNGing my first egg; it advanced 6 frames while RNGing Elekid; Finally, it advanced 8 frames while RNGing Swinub. I heard the NPC advances the frame by a consistent number, while mine doesn't. Is it better to discover what will be the advances first since it'll be randomly advanced later?
    The NPC will advance the frame inconsistently each time, but it will advance the frame the same way for the same seed. So if you hit your seed and the NPC advances the frame by 6, it will always advance the frame by 6 for that seed. However, of you take to long opening then menu or grabbing the egg, the NPC can move again and advance the frame again. With advancements of 6 and 8 I would venture a guess that if you are a bit faster you will get more consistent results.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I have found something consistent for RNGing my roamer. I hit a frame after 11 Chatters that has 477 with ability 0 and 515 with ability 1. I could just find somebody to help me upload it to pokecheck to see if it's ability 0 or ability 1 and then I've definitely found something useful? The next frames that match up are above 1000.

These are the results I've gotten so far, I think I'm really close to getting a shiny roamer:

0: 498
    1: 501
    2: 499
    11: 477/515 (leaning towards 515)
    The roamer only has one ability (the same ability assigned to both slot 0 and slot 1) and pokecheck doesn't display the ability slot. At least I have never noticed that before. However, if you have a rebattle code, upload one of the Roamers you caught with the right IVs and look at the PID. From there export the main window results to a .txt and then open the document. Ctrl + f the PID and you will know exactly what PID frame you hit. Use the rebattle code and start searching for your SSF around the PID you got before (it will change to to the NPCs on route 7, but it will be around there as long as you are consistent. From there it is just a matter of hoping and praying that you magically hit the right frame at 60 FPS.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Alright, so a lot of people seem to be trying gen 5 roamer abuse as of late, and i figured I would go a head and write a guide based off of what I did to get mine. It really isn't a guide though as it is all stuff you all probably know, but it is a detailed process of sorts. Think of it more like tips. Any way, it is really long, so pardon the spoiler and the double post. With out further ado:

Spoiler:- My Gen 5 roamer abuse guide:

It is my first guide so be gentle, but feedback and error reports are greatly appreciated :3 Hope it helps someone at least

EDIT: If this would be better posted somewhere else, let me know.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 8th October 2013 at 1:47 AM.

How would I do this if I don't have pokecheck access? My internet hates me and blocks pokecheck. I have a rebattle code. Though it seems I've already found a consistent SSF of 499. My target is 694. Should I just do 195 Chatot flips, then adjust? Should it be close to my target?

Edit: I did 195 Chatot flips, and I got 698, 708, or 711. Should I just find somebody with pokecheck access to check the PID and then adjust and then play the slots with the erratic frame advancements?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 8th September 2012 at 5:21 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    How would I do this if I don't have pokecheck access? My internet hates me and blocks pokecheck. I have a rebattle code. Though it seems I've already found a consistent SSF of 499. My target is 694. Should I just do 195 Chatot flips, then adjust? Should it be close to my target?

Edit: I did 195 Chatot flips, and I got 698, 708, or 711. Should I just find somebody with pokecheck access to check the PID and then adjust and then play the slots with the erratic frame advancements?
    pokecheck isn't necessary, it is just a short cut that can tell you precisely the area where your SSF is. If you're using Eon Timer to keep track of the rain, try increasing the first timer by a second and see if you can get closer to your target frame. If you are ok with 195 chatot flips and are finding matching frame close to your target frame, just stay with it and, god willing, you will eventually hit the right frame.

Aaaaargh.
    Trying to RNG a shiny, Male, Sassy-natured Oddish on Emerald right now.

But the problem is, I'm being trolled by Poochyena; found like 6-7 shiny Poochyena so far.

First one I caught because it was cool, but now it's just annoying.
    At least it shows me that I'm getting better at it, since I'm getting shiny Poochyena at shorter intervals now.

(Edit: Just got a 8th one right now. And a 9th one. Maybe like a 10th one.)
    And now I guess I can be certain that this frame on this particular route isn't pre-set to be a Poochyena, since I just got a Mightyena as well. And yet another shiny Mightyena!

Edit 2: I finally found something other than a Poochyena/Mightyena. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the Oddish I was looking for, but it was a Wingull.
    Still, it's nice to get confirmation that I can actually find anything other than Poochyena/Mightyena from there.

But I'm starting to get the impression that the Pokémon encounter slot depends on the frame, and the shiny frame + the ones before it (using Synchronize to make it easier to hit) might not have an Oddish on there.
    I've gotten 4-5 shiny Poochyena in a row (no non-shinies in-between), and I've probably encountered at least 20 shinies, of which more than half were Poochyena, maybe two were Mighytena, along with two shiny Wingull sometimes.

Edit 3: FINALLY got Oddish.
    It took me well over 3-4 hours, after multiple shiny Poochyena, Mightyena, Wingull, Marill, etc.
    But it was worth it.
    The shiny Oddish I got back in 2006 in Emerald, which I lost due to having restarted my save file, is now mine again.
    (FYI, I restarted my save file because I had used cheats which resulted in me getting stuck in a door at the Pokémon League. Permanently.)
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 9th September 2012 at 6:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    pokecheck isn't necessary, it is just a short cut that can tell you precisely the area where your SSF is. If you're using Eon Timer to keep track of the rain, try increasing the first timer by a second and see if you can get closer to your target frame. If you are ok with 195 chatot flips and are finding matching frame close to your target frame, just stay with it and, god willing, you will eventually hit the right frame.
    Well I've gave up my shiny Roamer but I'd still like to make some of the point clear(for future attempts maybe )
    First of all, is using Eon Timer is to ensure that you stay in the rain for the same, precise period of time every time?
    Also, do you mean that the rain itself advances at ~60FPS solely and the factor of WNPCs will add to the rate, making it >60FPS?
    If so, is that possible to yield a different frame landed with the same # of chatters provided that I can mash through the dialogue quite consistently?

Btw for my knowledge only, are all frames hittable(coz you know the frame sticking stuff and I highly doubt that if some of the frames are unhittable because not all of the frame have the same time of appearance)?
    Also is it possible to use Eon timer to replace some of the chatters?

PS, could you link me a Eon timer guide for this purpose? Haven't done any RNG prior to Gen 5 (also Entralink abuse) lol.
    I don't know is it a right place to ask, but I'd also want an AR for redoing the Thundurus event, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    First of all, is using Eon Timer is to ensure that you stay in the rain for the same, precise period of time every time?
    That is the purpose, yes. If you can use Eon Timer to control the length of time you are in the rain you are more likely to get consistent results with your frame advancements.

Also, do you mean that the rain itself advances at ~60FPS solely and the factor of WNPCs will add to the rate, making it >60FPS?
    That is correct. The rain will advance the frame ~60 FPS and the NPCs will be moving during this time as well. All in all the frames advances will be greater than 60 FPS. However, the NPCs will advance the frame in the same way each time if you hit the same seed, so this should not affect your frame advancements much as long as you are quick enough.

If so, is that possible to yield a different frame landed with the same # of chatters provided that I can mash through the dialogue quite consistently?
    Yes. The rain makes the frame advance rapidly, so if you are off even slightly your frame will be off too. That is the purpose of Eon Timer, it is to make sure you do not need to mash and that you can indeed take the same time each time.

Btw for my knowledge only, are all frames hittable(coz you know the frame sticking stuff and I highly doubt that if some of the frames are unhittable because not all of the frame have the same time of appearance)?
    I cannot give a definitive answer to this as it would require someone to look at the code and do some in-depth coding research. I lack the tools, skills, and ability to do that. However, based on my experience, it doesn't appear that the "sticking" issue isn't permanent and doesn't occurs every time. I hit one particular frame more time than any other, often several times in a row, but it was not the only frame I ever hit while doing the same number of flips. Based on my surface observations alone, I would say that any frame shout be hitable with enough persistence

Also is it possible to use Eon timer to replace some of the chatters?
    Yes, If using 10 seconds for the first timer puts your SSF <70 or so frames away, increase the first timer by 1. If your SSF is 700, and your target frame is 800, increasing the first timer by 1 second will move your SSF within ~30-40 frames of your target frame. Be careful though, if your SSF is to close to your target frame, you could very well over shoot your target frame all together.

PS, could you link me a Eon timer guide for this purpose? Haven't done any RNG prior to Gen 5 (also Entralink abuse) lol.
    Here is Princess of Johto's entralink abuse guide. I'm not sure what you mean by Eon Timer guide as it is just a timer and doesn't really need a guide outside of the setup (which varies depending upon the RNG you are doing), but PoJ's guide is very good and I used it to learn entralink abuse myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    That is the purpose, yes. If you can use Eon Timer to control the length of time you are in the rain you are more likely to get consistent results with your frame advancements.

That is correct. The rain will advance the frame ~60 FPS and the NPCs will be moving during this time as well. All in all the frames advances will be greater than 60 FPS. However, the NPCs will advance the frame in the same way each time if you hit the same seed, so this should not affect your frame advancements much as long as you are quick enough.

Yes. The rain makes the frame advance rapidly, so if you are off even slightly your frame will be off too. That is the purpose of Eon Timer, it is to make sure you do not need to mash and that you can indeed take the same time each time.

I cannot give a definitive answer to this as it would require someone to look at the code and do some in-depth coding research. I lack the tools, skills, and ability to do that. However, based on my experience, it doesn't appear that the "sticking" issue isn't permanent and doesn't occurs every time. I hit one particular frame more time than any other, often several times in a row, but it was not the only frame I ever hit while doing the same number of flips. Based on my surface observations alone, I would say that any frame shout be hitable with enough persistence

Yes, If using 10 seconds for the first timer puts your SSF <70 or so frames away, increase the first timer by 1. If your SSF is 700, and your target frame is 800, increasing the first timer by 1 second will move your SSF within ~30-40 frames of your target frame. Be careful though, if your SSF is to close to your target frame, you could very well over shoot your target frame all together.

Here is Princess of Johto's entralink abuse guide. I'm not sure what you mean by Eon Timer guide as it is just a timer and doesn't really need a guide outside of the setup (which varies depending upon the RNG you are doing), but PoJ's guide is very good and I used it to learn entralink abuse myself.
    When is the time the PIDRNG frame starts to ram? I mean, you go outside and hear the roamer's cry, and then it comes to you, and it starts raining and finally a dialouge comes up. So at which part it is actually starting the PID ram?
    So, how should the Eon timer be set? You say the pre timer is ~10, so what's that for? Is that the time lag from the moment you go outside to when the PID frame really advances? Sorry because I don't really get it.

Also can you link me an AR code for rebattling Thundurus? Don't wanna start over the whole game again : ( Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lm925781 View Post
    When is the time the PIDRNG frame starts to ram? I mean, you go outside and hear the roamer's cry, and then it comes to you, and it starts raining and finally a dialouge comes up. So at which part it is actually starting the PID ram?
    So, how should the Eon timer be set? You say the pre timer is ~10, so what's that for? Is that the time lag from the moment you go outside to when the PID frame really advances? Sorry because I don't really get it.

Also can you link me an AR code for rebattling Thundurus? Don't wanna start over the whole game again : ( Thanks!
    Yes, the first timer is to compensate for the lag that results from the rain not starting right away, and the fact that our starting frame is not 1. In gen 3 (the timer we are using) the starting frame is one, but since our starting frame is ~40-60, we need to compensate for the difference. Setting the first timer is a way to compensate for that off set, and to go the rain enough time to advance. This is also why just putting your target frame into Eon Timer will not be enough.

As for the AR code, that breaks Serebii rules, so I cannot link you to one, but google should have the answer readily available for you

Page 244 of 286 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast