Page 251 of 287 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    The spots on Spinda are dictated by the PID. You can use this to find a pattern you like then dig through a lot of PID results to get a match, but that will take a long time. Also I think 5th gen moved the spot areas a little bit.
    I stand corrected. Lol. Wow. Never would have thought this is possible, but good luck with it. :P
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.
    Currently looking for:

Competitively IV'd pokemon. I'm always up for interesting trades - just send me a PM!

Y FC: 1736 1611 3277

Black 2 FC: 4170 2447 8336

Black FC: 0863 0962 9502

Dangertrout - legit.
    Maguschild - hardcore Canadian super-trust.
    B€ntley - strictly business.

Quote Originally Posted by theforgottenwon View Post
    I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.
    First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
    Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Isane View Post
    Ah...yeah I'm too lazy to worry about held buttons. As far as I know, it only really helps with Timer0 and with my luck both Timer0 and RNG Reporter Troll me habitually.
    Timer0 has nothing to do with keypresses, yet again.

I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?
    Currently looking for:

Competitively IV'd pokemon. I'm always up for interesting trades - just send me a PM!

Y FC: 1736 1611 3277

Black 2 FC: 4170 2447 8336

Black FC: 0863 0962 9502

Dangertrout - legit.
    Maguschild - hardcore Canadian super-trust.
    B€ntley - strictly business.

I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?
    The concept is the same, not the Timer0's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Your post isn't very clear on exactly what you need to know.
    for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 24th October 2012 at 5:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD
    The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
    Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...
    Your Timer0 number is affected by your system type, like how C7C sounds like the original DS model and numbers like 1105 sound like a 3DS model.

I heard that the 1 second delay is for original DS/ DS Lite models, I don't remember any DSi models having a 1 second delay try using the 7 second delay just in case, I don't have a DSi (and definitely not RNGed on one) so I can take a pinch of salt if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 24th October 2012 at 7:47 AM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.
    oh okay yeah asking if i have to skip a frame or two or not thanks so then i do skip at least one for the talk to the guy...thanks...thats all i need i know how to do the rest...

Hey guys,
    I just got Black 2, and I want to start off by RNG'ing my SID and TID. I'm using this guide to help me.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...cussionid=6333
    One thing I don't get is that I need my DS parameters, but how am I supposed to get that if I have not started the game yet? The only thing I have is my DS Mac Address...
    I'm using version 9.96.1 Beta of the RNG Reporter, so the interface looks different than the guide pictures. Any clarification would be helpful. I have done IVRNG on my Black, but that was a while back.
    Thanks!

For now you would just start a game save then get far enough to find your parameters. In the future there will be a way to figure them out without starting a game save.

Btw the latest version of Reporter is 9.96.3 Beta.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Wait, what. Are you saying stationary stuff from BW2 like and the shiny have their own frame difference to take? o_o

I tried RNGing the Shiny Haxorus for perfect IVs (You can do that, right?), but so far it's turning out like Reshiram, not working. Am I just unlucky with Timer0?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    Wait, what. Are you saying stationary stuff from BW2 like and the shiny have their own frame difference to take? o_o
    It's called the monster frame, the act of interacting (pressing A) with the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, use the same equation I gave to Eeveelover. (You're actual target frame should be different).

It's called the monster frame, the act of interacting (pressing A) with the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, use the same equation I gave to Eeveelover. (You're actual target frame should be different).
    My Target Frame for the shiny Haxorus is 90, and my starting frame is 48. I usually do it one by one, and at Frame 89 is my last flip (Since doing it at frame 89 brings you up to 90, right?)
    Should it be at 89 I should be stopping my frame at, then?

My Target Frame for the shiny Haxorus is 90, and my starting frame is 48. I usually do it one by one, and at Frame 89 is my last flip (Since doing it at frame 89 brings you up to 90, right?)
    Should it be at 89 I should be stopping my frame at, then?
    Yes, listen to the chatot call for frame 89 and then interact. 89-48 = 41 chatot calls.

Yes, listen to the chatot call for frame 89 and then interact. 89-48 = 41 chatot calls.
    And I should do this for every Stationary Pokemon?

This explains why Reshiram was never getting the right IVs or Nature..

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!
    Yes, all Stationary Pokemon have a monster frame (it's been around since 4th gen).

Thanks for the tip!
    IVs are determined seperately, if you weren't getting the right IVs, you weren't hitting your seed. Additionally, you shouldn't stop one frame before your target, you go right to your target frame. If your starting frame is 48 and your target is 90, you go right to 90, then talk to Haxorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    IVs are determined seperately, if you weren't getting the right IVs, you weren't hitting your seed. Additionally, you shouldn't stop one frame before your target, you go right to your target frame. If your starting frame is 48 and your target is 90, you go right to 90, then talk to Haxorus.
    What?! Haxorus doesn't have a monster frame? With my experiences with RNGing Stationary pokemon I always stopped one frame before the target frame and interacted with the pokemon, I got the correct pokemon just fine doing that, right IV's right PID...
    Did they eliminate the Monster frame system in B2W2? You said:

The concept is the same, not the Timer0's.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 24th October 2012 at 10:57 PM.

I don't know how you managed to get the correct encounter then, if you're not going right up to your correct frame. And I've never heard Monster frames being associated with Gen 5 abuse.

I've never gotten the correct Nature matching the Chatot pitches, and I have never gotten the right IVs on any stationary Pokemon.

My problem is, I have no prior experience. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before. When I started RNGing, I had already caught all of them in my White 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    For now you would just start a game save then get far enough to find your parameters. In the future there will be a way to figure them out without starting a game save.

Btw the latest version of Reporter is 9.96.3 Beta.
    So you mean I will have to start a game on my black 2, go through the story until I can catch a sweet scent pokemon, and do the usual DS parameter procedures?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboy9000 View Post
    So you mean I will have to start a game on my black 2, go through the story until I can catch a sweet scent pokemon, and do the usual DS parameter procedures?
    You don't actually need a sweet scent Pokemon, as long as you don't take more than 128 steps before finding a Pokemon, otherwise you'll end up with a different IV frame.

You don't actually need a sweet scent Pokemon, as long as you don't take more than 128 steps before finding a Pokemon, otherwise you'll end up with a different IV frame.
    Ah! Of course. Thanks for the help. I'll still need to get pretty far in the game though, in order to get a reliable parameter right? Since all the pokemon in the beginning are too low level to determine their IV's...

the Pokemon in the Virbank Complex should be sufficient to get the general range of the IVs, and from there you can narrow it down easily enough.

Page 251 of 287 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast