Page 252 of 286 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 7144

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

I have been wondering ever since i got white 2 if it's rng process is the same as black
    can someone help me here (i also want to know if you can find eevee in hidden grottos and how to rng hidden grottos)?
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

BW2 RNG is basically the same, just more Timer0's, breeding is all screwed up, and there are slightly higher starting frames (unless you use the memory link). As for RNGing Hidden Grotto's, Hozu has a good guide to it right here. Finally, no, you cannot find Eevee in a Hidden Grotto (bar the upcoming Funfest Mission).

I'm working on RNG-ing Tornadus...Can anyone help?

So basically I go to the house with the old lady and save inside before walking out right? Anything else I need to know?
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Isane View Post
    I'm working on RNG-ing Tornadus...Can anyone help?

So basically I go to the house with the old lady and save inside before walking out right? Anything else I need to know?
    I believe you save inside, the rain advances the PID frame 60 times a second in all months and more in certain months (correct me if I'm wrong).

Speaking of which, I need to RNG Thundurus in White 1... is 600-2,000 a good search range for trying to find your spread?
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Smogon said to use 1/1 as min/max frame.

The whole shifted starting frame is confusing me now XD.

Smogon said to use 1/1 as min/max frame.

The whole shifted starting frame is confusing me now XD.
    No I meant PID frame advances not IV frame advances.

The shifted starting frame is just a result of wandering npcs, just listen to the first few chatot calls and look for a matching sequence and follow it down.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 26th October 2012 at 3:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    No I meant PID frame advances not IV frame advances.
    Oh yeah haven't gotten that far.

Here is what I'm reading from Smogon, please let me know if it's right.

1. Find your seed
    2. Set your DS to that date and check the weather on Route 7
    3. If you're changing seasons, do that now before going to the weather lady.
    4. Go to the weather lady and listen to her story.
    5. Before leaving the house save the game.
    6. Hit your seed, walk out the house, mash A until you can control your character, catch the roamer and compare natures (or something)...
    7. If it is not right...reset and do 10 chatot flips before waiting out of the house.
    8. Repeat step 6
    9. Repeat until you get it right XD.

Oh yeah haven't gotten that far.

Here is what I'm reading from Smogon, please let me know if it's right.

1. Find your seed
    2. Set your DS to that date and check the weather on Route 7
    3. If you're changing seasons, do that now before going to the weather lady.
    4. Go to the weather lady and listen to her story.
    5. Before leaving the house save the game.
    6. Hit your seed, walk out the house, mash A until you can control your character, catch the roamer and compare natures (or something)...
    7. If it is not right...reset and do 10 chatot flips before waiting out of the house.
    8. Repeat step 6
    9. Repeat until you get it right XD.
    I know that, I just need an advised PID frame range because I might easily mistake a modest Thundurus on example frame 562 for another modest Thundurus on frame 778 and I don't want to race down the page just to realize I mistook the wrong frame because of the rapid PID frame advances from the rain, this question was aimed at someone who already RNGed a Thundurus or Tornadus and knows the general PID frame advancement range.

If you even haven't even done an egg RNG, start there, roamer RNG is plenty times more difficult.

EDIT:
    I wanted to know if those steps were right.

I wasn't correcting you or telling you how to do it! Sorry Sorry .
    Oh, it looks fine from what I see.

EDIT 2: Dug up Dewey's guide somehow:
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Alright, so a lot of people seem to be trying gen 5 roamer abuse as of late, and i figured I would go a head and write a guide based off of what I did to get mine. It really isn't a guide though as it is all stuff you all probably know, but it is a detailed process of sorts. Think of it more like tips. Any way, it is really long, so pardon the spoiler and the double post. With out further ado:

Spoiler:- My Gen 5 roamer abuse guide:

It is my first guide so be gentle, but feedback and error reports are greatly appreciated :3 Hope it helps someone at least

EDIT: If this would be better posted somewhere else, let me know.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 26th October 2012 at 3:28 AM.

I know that, I just need an advised PID frame range because I might easily mistake a modest Thundurus on example frame 562 for another modest Thundurus on frame 778 and I don't want to race down the page just to realize I mistook the wrong frame because of the rapid PID frame advances from the rain, this question was aimed at someone who already RNGed a Thundurus or Tornadus and knows the general PID frame range.
    I wanted to know if those steps were right.

I wasn't correcting you or telling you how to do it! Sorry Sorry .

Maybe someone here can help me out. (this is in BW2)
    question 1: If I want to SR a shiny uxie/mesprit/azelf (because I don't RNG abuse), at what point is the PID set? when I release them from the cave, or when I encounter them at their respective locations after release?
    question 2: can I safely KO or run away from them and they will reappear in the cave after I defeat the E4 again? or will they be gone forever?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

PID is set once you talk to them while they're at their respective locations. As for them respawning, I don't know if they'll respawn if you run away, but if you accidentally (or intentionally) knock them out they'll respawn after being the Elite 4.

alright, thanks =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Is anyone else having trouble with setting up a Profile in RNG Reporter 9.96.4? If I try to create a new one, it won't let me save it. Additionally, I clicked on "Find DS Parameters" in the Profile menu, filled it all out, but the "Send Results to Profile" button won't let me click it.

Disregard that I see what I did wrong now...
    However, I have another question. How will advancing the PID frame affect my calculated DS Parameters, if any?
    Last edited by Pipboy9000; 27th October 2012 at 1:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboy9000 View Post
    However, I have another question. How will advancing the PID frame affect my calculated DS Parameters, if any?
    Nothing will affect your DS Parameters. They are ALWAYS constant, and never change. The only variable that changes is your Timer0 value, and that has (at most) two values on BW, which are still constant, but flip back and forth between them.

The only case where something changed was when I was ID abusing, and my Initial Frame changed. But even when erasing your Save data, your parameters stay the same.

Maybe I should rephrase that question into: "How will advancing my PID frames affect my Parameters when calculating it.?"

Maybe I should rephrase that question into: "How will advancing my PID frames affect my Parameters when calculating it.?"
    I don't believe it would as long as you meet a pokemon before 128 steps, since an instant sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 when it's used.

I don't believe it would as long as you meet a pokemon before 128 steps, since an instant sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 when it's used.
    What are you talking about? It does not advance the PIDRNG.

@ Pipboy: PIDRNG is irrelevant when calculating your parameters.

So, I just found my SEED I want for Tornadus in time finder. I searched for Jolly/Timid natures but no natures were displayed in the results.

When I plugged the SEED into the RNG Reporter main screen...and clicked generate, no natures were listed there either !

How do I find natures or is it completely random due to the rain but as long as I hit my seed, the IVs will be set so nature is just luck of the draw?

I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere but I didn't find it from the first post; Is it possible to RNG with a Flash cart/R4? Sorry if this is not allowed to be asked but I would like to know!

I'm almost positive Sweet Scenting does not advance the PIDRNG, rather, the generation of the pokemon is what advances the PIDRNG. When the game oes to generate a pokemon it needs to call the RNG to get a random value that it will use to generate the pokemon, the PID, and anything else. So to do that the PIDRNG advances by one and the frame it lands on is the "random number" the game uses.

So, I just found my SEED I want for Tornadus in time finder. I searched for Jolly/Timid natures but no natures were displayed in the results.

When I plugged the SEED into the RNG Reporter main screen...and clicked generate, no natures were listed there either !

How do I find natures or is it completely random due to the rain but as long as I hit my seed, the IVs will be set so nature is just luck of the draw?
    Are you looking for a shiny or just a Timid/Jolly nature? If you are looking for a shiny than it will be difficult to find a low enough frame, but you can specify the range in Time Finder and keep seed searching until you get a result (this can take awhile, I have searched through 40 years myself and still have not found a usable seed with the right Timer0). If you are just looking for a specific nature you should have no problem finding a frame.

Also, the IVs are set by the IVRNG and the nature is determined by the PIDRNG, so if your IV frame is one than you will have those IVs locked in once the roamer is generated and the nature will be different each time because of the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere but I didn't find it from the first post; Is it possible to RNG with a Flash cart/R4? Sorry if this is not allowed to be asked but I would like to know!
    It is possible and I believe I have seen a guide or two out there, but I have no clue beyond that. Try goggling it and see if you get anything usable.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Are you looking for a shiny or just a Timid/Jolly nature? If you are looking for a shiny than it will be difficult to find a low enough frame, but you can specify the range in Time Finder and keep seed searching until you get a result (this can take awhile, I have searched through 40 years myself and still have not found a usable seed with the right Timer0). If you are just looking for a specific nature you should have no problem finding a frame.

Also, the IVs are set by the IVRNG and the nature is determined by the PIDRNG, so if your IV frame is one than you will have those IVs locked in once the roamer is generated and the nature will be different each time because of the rain.
    I'm just looking for a flawless jolly or timid Tornadus. My seed is for flawless Frame 1.

I can't find a frame with the right nature. Neither RNG Reporter's main window or time finder displays what natures each frame is.

So it is random natures depending on number of chatot flips and as long as I hit my seed...the IVs should be ok?

I'm just looking for a flawless jolly or timid Tornadus. My seed is for flawless Frame 1.

I can't find a frame with the right nature. Neither RNG Reporter's main window or time finder displays what natures each frame is.

So it is random natures depending on number of chatot flips and as long as I hit my seed...the IVs should be ok?
    As long as you hit your seed you will get the IVs matching frame 1 AS LONG AS you set time finder to search for a standard seed, Roamer pokemon.

Likewise, in the main window of RNGR set the PIDRNG to roamer and hit generate and it will list out all natures and PID frames for your seed.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

MzPuv.jpg
    So Agonist, you said that I could set up my parameters using pokemon from the Virbank Complex; but since they're low levels with a relatively large IV-range, I would have to "narrow down" the results. How would I go about doing that?
    I was watching bearsfans' video on setting up DS Parameters, and he said that if you had a large IV-range then you would have to "repeat the process again, and see which result is repeated". I had about 25 results generated because of the IV-range.

On a side note, I successfully caught a flawless, jolly Terrakion and Cobalion today. I know, not that hard, but it was pretty cool for me. Thanks for all the help guys!

MzPuv.jpg
    So Agonist, you said that I could set up my parameters using pokemon from the Virbank Complex; but since they're low levels with a relatively large IV-range, I would have to "narrow down" the results. How would I go about doing that?
    I was watching bearsfans' video on setting up DS Parameters, and he said that if you had a large IV-range then you would have to "repeat the process again, and see which result is repeated". I had about 25 results generated because of the IV-range.

On a side note, I successfully caught a flawless, jolly Terrakion and Cobalion today. I know, not that hard, but it was pretty cool for me. Thanks for all the help guys!
    Your best bet would be to upload the pokemon to pokecheck.org and it will tell you the exact IVs of the pokemon you caught. From there the parameter results will only return 1 result.

Your best bet would be to upload the pokemon to pokecheck.org and it will tell you the exact IVs of the pokemon you caught. From there the parameter results will only return 1 result.
    =) That's the problem. I have a DSLite, and it's not compatible with my new "secured" wi-fi. That's why I want to RNG my SID on Black 2. Otherwise, I would've just uploaded any pokemon onto pokecheck, found my SID, and then start looking for shinies. But alas, life is not easy...

Page 252 of 286 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast