Page 260 of 286 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6476
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Did some RNG's yesterday (will post them to the Discuss my Poke thread later) and read up on Dream Radar RNGing

    Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.

    So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?
    oopsie

  2. #6477
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.
    Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

    Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

    The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

    Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.

    So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?
    Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

    Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!
    Last edited by dewey911p; 29th December 2012 at 7:45 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  3. #6478
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

    Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

    The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

    Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.



    Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

    Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!
    Didn't know all of that. Now it seems much more appealing to try. Thanks Dewey!


    But I'm gonna hold DR RNGing off until I do everything else in B2/W2. I'm not in too big of a rush ll
    oopsie

  4. #6479
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31

    Default

    So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?
    Pearl Team-
    White Team-
    White 2 Team-
    White 2 Friend Code:2280 5286 2960

  5. #6480
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Route 3
    Posts
    39

    Default

    How would i know what you're doing wrong it could be a million things here. are you using chatot pitch to confirm seed? i find it easiest to find something with a decent amount of advances, it's easier to hear a chatot burp. i don't advance my frames unless I hear the chatot burps are exactly correct as they say on the reporter. if they sound off, try again. you could have hit the seed, and done the correct amount of frame advancement, but you could have just been trolled by the timer0, which happens all the time.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

    I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

  6. #6481
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyurem1515 View Post
    So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?
    im a bit confused what your asking? what do you mean no avail?

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  7. #6482
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hmmm sorry for asking this question but if i find a pokemon in a hidden grotto and i want to rng it, is it under the stationary pokemon encounter or hidden grotto under encounter type. Does it make a difference??
    Last edited by ANGRYDONUT123; 30th December 2012 at 1:42 PM.

  8. #6483
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.
    alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  9. #6484
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?
    If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.
    oopsie

  10. #6485
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.
    thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

    edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD


    edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

    also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 31st December 2012 at 8:56 AM.

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  11. #6486
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

    edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD


    edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

    also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?
    Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
    Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.
    oopsie

  12. #6487
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
    Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.
    That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  13. #6488
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0
    oh okay thanks dewey and i got my 10 results now...i got 4 of the same timer but im want to make sure i got the timer correctly, the other trials were 3 or less which you told me that there nothing and just timer fluctuation...the reason is that i got 2 of the same timer with different natures and the other 2 is the exact same nature and pid number (gotta love pokecheck )? is this may be moving npc's...if it is then im all set to go...i think i got my timer correct then...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 1st January 2013 at 10:56 AM.

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  14. #6489
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  15. #6490
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0
    An thank you for correcting me. I just saw that in BearsFan's video and I assumed that was correct.
    oopsie

  16. #6491
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.
    okay and so how does it explain the same iv's then but different natures then? is that just and wait nevermind i saw you said it only goes of of iv's not pid XD so then i should be all set then cuaz i have 4 of the same iv's and i pretty sure that is the right timer0 for my seed hunting...thanks dewey...ill try doing my rnging then and see what happens and how would i check the iv's then for genescect with out depositing it in pokecheck cuaz it can't cuaz of the ribbon and also on top of it if it did i would not have a chance to rng it again...should i use the iv calculator then?

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  17. #6492
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Is it true a Wurmple's Personality Value can be checked/controlled through RNG Reporter?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  18. #6493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Is it true a Wurmple's Personality Value can be checked/controlled through RNG Reporter?
    You can pretty much RNG anything. Here is a Wurmple specific guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...ostcount=12076
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  19. #6494
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You can pretty much RNG anything. Here is a Wurmple specific guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...ostcount=12076
    Gee, thanks!^^ BTW, when you mean anything would that include Evo Stones in dustclouds?

    Also, what is the current version of RNG Reporter? mine is still 9.96 alpha, because the beta version said it wasn't compatible with my Windows or something.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  20. #6495
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Gee, thanks!^^ BTW, when you mean anything would that include Evo Stones in dustclouds?

    Also, what is the current version of RNG Reporter? mine is still 9.96 alpha, because the beta version said it wasn't compatible with my Windows or something.
    Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.

    As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 2nd January 2013 at 4:27 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  21. #6496
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.
    I'll check it out definitely.

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.
    Wow, that...sucks. -.-
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  22. #6497
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  23. #6498
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?
    Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  24. #6499
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.
    okay thank you very much quote...i was wondering if it was possible thanks a bunch...i have two timers show up like 5 times and the others are 4 and below...i think im ready to rng my first thing on bw2 now ^_^

    If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

  25. #6500
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    So I'm about to go and RNG my Latias in White 2. I know I need to save a square away, do the usual, then take the step to start the encounter. What I want to know though is are there any NPC's in the dreamyard that'll affect my frame advances. I've got a penta-flawless sync frame that only requires 60 advances so don't want a load of NPC's that take me past this.

Page 260 of 286 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •