Page 266 of 287 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6626
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    That's what I've been trying to do. While the seed says it's shiny I've only been attempting to get the IVs so far. I think I misunderstood the 128 steps thing though. I read somewhere that turning is the same as taking two steps when it comes to IVs, can someone verify this for me? I've been using repels to count the first 100 and then counting the next few ones myself.
    Walking 128 steps will advance the IV frame by the number of pokemon you have in your party, so if you are aiming for frame 683, you will need to walk 43648 steps with 2 pokemon in your party ... Don't try this. If you are okay with advancing your IV frame, set it to 6-7 max. do not that if you are in a cave this will also advance your PID frame too. When I RNGed Cobalion and Terrakion my PID frame was ~330 after advancing my IV frame. I would search again until you find a lower IV frame.

    On another note, you may want to upload screenshots of your Timer Finder search as if you are new to RNGing you may have just confused the PID and IV frames. If so, 683 is a reasonable PID frame and you may not need to advance your IVRNG at all. Upload a few screenshots if you want and we can look it over and see if everything is set up right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Hey, I've got a couple of questions about Hidden Grotto abuse:

    I'm looking to generate a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. So I've checked all other preceding Hidden Grotto's in the order shown by the RNG Reporter Encounter table. They're all full. So I think I've done that bit correctly. I've then taken the item from the Giant Chasm grotto and saved my game. I've then gone to the Hidden Grotto time finder, Ditto is slot 0, all 4 subslots (So 0-3) and is genderless. I've generated and selected a seed. Do I then just start the game to hit my seed as I would any other RNG and then walk 256 steps in the grotto, exit the grotto and then re-enter? I've understood the Ditto should appear.

    Does it matter if I walk more than 256 steps?

    If I walk 256+ steps and the Ditto is not there does that mean that I just missed my seed (Timer0 troll)?

    And then if/when I get the Ditto to appear to I jsut find a new seed with the Encounter Type set to Hidden Grotto?
    Everything you said is correct. Just hit your seed, don't do any PID advances, walk the 256 steps, leave, reenter. Walking a few extra steps won't make a difference and when the Ditto does generate, just save in front of it, set Time Finder to Hidden Grotto and RNG it like any other stationary pokemon. (don't forget the shiny lock, gender is already set, etc, etc. Stuff you probably already know )
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  2. #6627
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    ^Thanks. Seems straight forward enough. Just Timer0 troubles then.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  3. #6628
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Walking 128 steps will advance the IV frame by the number of pokemon you have in your party, so if you are aiming for frame 683, you will need to walk 43648 steps with 2 pokemon in your party ... Don't try this. If you are okay with advancing your IV frame, set it to 6-7 max. do not that if you are in a cave this will also advance your PID frame too. When I RNGed Cobalion and Terrakion my PID frame was ~330 after advancing my IV frame. I would search again until you find a lower IV frame.

    On another note, you may want to upload screenshots of your Timer Finder search as if you are new to RNGing you may have just confused the PID and IV frames. If so, 683 is a reasonable PID frame and you may not need to advance your IVRNG at all. Upload a few screenshots if you want and we can look it over and see if everything is set up right.



    Everything you said is correct. Just hit your seed, don't do any PID advances, walk the 256 steps, leave, reenter. Walking a few extra steps won't make a difference and when the Ditto does generate, just save in front of it, set Time Finder to Hidden Grotto and RNG it like any other stationary pokemon. (don't forget the shiny lock, gender is already set, etc, etc. Stuff you probably already know )
    You could be right, I'll have another look later and maybe post a few screen shots.

    Also I know that walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party will advance my game to frame 6. But if steps and turning is doubled in caves then does this mean that I need to change how many pokemon I have in my party to compensate for this?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 11th February 2013 at 7:39 AM.

  4. #6629
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    You could be right, I'll have another look later and maybe post a few screen shots.

    Also I know that walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party will advance my game to frame 6. But if steps and turning is doubled in caves then does this mean that I need to change how many pokemon I have in my party to compensate for this?
    The number of pokemon in your party doesn't affect your PID frame advancements.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  5. #6630
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I've uploaded some pics since I'm bad at explaining things...

    Btw in case anyone's forgotten I'm trying to RNG a naive Cobalion in black with 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs. But I keep getting a Cobalion with the characteristic "proud of it's power" with the IV-range listed in the last image. I've callibrated and re-callibrated many times now and each time I get the same Timer0 that is C7C and an offset of 1.

    I'm wondering if I should try the C-gear method instead since I hear that it prevents the Timer0 from flunctuating, which people keep telling me is the problem. Any thought's on this would be welcome.

    Time finder:


    Main window:


    IV-range:
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 11th February 2013 at 11:34 AM.

  6. #6631
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I've uploaded some pics since I'm bad at explaining things...

    Btw in case anyone's forgotten I'm trying to RNG a naive Cobalion in black with 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs. But I keep getting a Cobalion with the characteristic "proud of it's power" with the IV-range listed in the last image. I've callibrated and re-callibrated many times now and each time I get the same Timer0 that is C7C and an offset of 1.

    I'm wondering if I should try the C-gear method instead since I hear that it prevents the Timer0 from flunctuating, which people keep telling me is the problem. Any thought's on this would be welcome.

    Time finder:


    Main window:


    IV-range:
    Oh lord lol

    You have your IV Frame set to 1 to 1000. There is no way in hell you are going to advance your IVRNG frame all the way to 683. That's insane.
    Set the Min/Max frame to "1/1" and search again. Find a spread that way, and just advance the PIDRNG frame.

    for your Timer0 fluctuation, make sure you have your time and date set correctly, and make sure you start your game one second from the actual seconds value (for you it would be 57 with that seed, though I highly recommend you take my advice and find a lower IVRNG frame to hit.

  7. #6632
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    You're probably not even getting timer0 fluctuation, it's just that those are the IVs for IV frame 1. Like Zenotwapal said, find a frame 1 seed, using keypresses if you need to. There's no reasons to go above IV frame 1.

  8. #6633
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    So uh, I'm having a bit of an issue here.
    I am RNGing my TID/SID combo on HG/SS/Plat. I hit my desired TID/SID on HG/SS with ease, and confirmed that my TID/SID receives my desired spreads shiny.
    I move onto Platinum. I found a TID/SID pair I was content on receiving:

    Seed: 5F0D1948
    TID: 08980
    SID: 40946
    Delay: 6463
    Time: 2/14/2009 @ 13:17:50

    Spreads I get:
    Bold 31/10/30/29/29/30
    Adamant 31/30/30/11/29/31
    Impish 31/31/30/2/29/31
    Timid 31/5/30/31/31/31

    I plug my desired delay and target seconds into the EonTimer, and began RNGing. I eventually hit it after ~15 tries. I get my result (listed above) and go to confirm that this TID/SID pair gets the spreads I want.
    I search for one of my spreads, and they aren't shiny. What is going on exactly?

  9. #6634
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Oh lord lol

    You have your IV Frame set to 1 to 1000. There is no way in hell you are going to advance your IVRNG frame all the way to 683. That's insane.
    Set the Min/Max frame to "1/1" and search again. Find a spread that way, and just advance the PIDRNG frame.

    for your Timer0 fluctuation, make sure you have your time and date set correctly, and make sure you start your game one second from the actual seconds value (for you it would be 57 with that seed, though I highly recommend you take my advice and find a lower IVRNG frame to hit.
    Alright, but it just seems that when I lower the min max results, I get nothing. And I know I've been hitting the right time because I've been using the Eontimer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    You're probably not even getting timer0 fluctuation, it's just that those are the IVs for IV frame 1. Like Zenotwapal said, find a frame 1 seed, using keypresses if you need to. There's no reasons to go above IV frame 1.
    Alright, guess I'll keep looking... and what good do key presses do?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 12th February 2013 at 2:14 AM.

  10. #6635
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Alright, guess I'll keep looking... and what good do key presses do?
    More search results, but you'll get more Timer0 fluctuation when you use them.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  11. #6636
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    So uh, I'm having a bit of an issue here.
    I am RNGing my TID/SID combo on HG/SS/Plat. I hit my desired TID/SID on HG/SS with ease, and confirmed that my TID/SID receives my desired spreads shiny.
    I move onto Platinum. I found a TID/SID pair I was content on receiving:

    Seed: 5F0D1948
    TID: 08980
    SID: 40946
    Delay: 6463
    Time: 2/14/2009 @ 13:17:50

    Spreads I get:
    Bold 31/10/30/29/29/30
    Adamant 31/30/30/11/29/31
    Impish 31/31/30/2/29/31
    Timid 31/5/30/31/31/31

    I plug my desired delay and target seconds into the EonTimer, and began RNGing. I eventually hit it after ~15 tries. I get my result (listed above) and go to confirm that this TID/SID pair gets the spreads I want.
    I search for one of my spreads, and they aren't shiny. What is going on exactly?
    Your ID combo doesn't make any of those spreads shiny it seems. It looks like you may have gotten one of the numbers wrong or put the wrong PID into Pandora's Box. Your current ID gives you, among others:

    Timid/Bold 30/25/31/28/30/28 HP Flying (53)
    Modest/Calm 31/13/30/28/31/28 HP Fire (53)
    Bold 31/31/31/27/31/28 HP Ice (64)
    Lonely 31/19/30/30/30/29 HP Poison (64)
    Quite/Sassy 30/12/31/29/30/30 HP Rock (58)

    That is about it. There is another Lonely one that has HP Fire 70, but the S.Atk is 18, and a Hasty spread that has both attacking stats below 22 and an HP of Bug.

    I would rerun Pandora's Box to double check and make sure everything is set up right. also, before you RNG you ID combo, run RNGR to verify that your ID combo does indeed make the right spreads shiny.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 12th February 2013 at 2:16 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  12. #6637
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Your ID combo doesn't make any of those spreads shiny it seems. It looks like you may have gotten one of the numbers wrong or put the wrong PID into Pandora's Box. Your current ID gives you, among others:

    Timid/Bold 30/25/31/28/30/28 HP Flying (53)
    Modest/Calm 31/1330/28/31/28 HP Fire (53)
    Bold 31/31/31/27/31/28 HP Ice (64)
    Lonely 31/19/30/30/30/29 HP Poison (64)
    Quite/Sassy 30/12/31/29/30/30 HP Rock (58)

    That is about it. There is another Lonely one that has HP Fire 70, but the S.Atk is 18, and a Hasty spread that has both attacking stats below 22 and an HP of Bug.

    I would rerun Pandora's Box to double check and make sure everything is set up right. also, before you RNG you ID combo, run RNGR to verify that your ID combo does indeed make the right spreads shiny.
    Thanks Dewey. You;re right I must've typed something in wrong. I am reabusing as we speak. Gosh I feel so dumb making a elementary error :P

    EDIT: Yeah you were totally correct Dewey, I must've typed something in wrong. Found another ID that I liked with those same spreads and it matches up in the time finder. I literally just hit it too haha. That was quick :P
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 12th February 2013 at 2:24 AM.

  13. #6638
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    More search results, but you'll get more Timer0 fluctuation when you use them.
    Well I don't think I'm having Timer0 issues so I might give that a try sometime. I just changed my min/ max frame to 1 and I attempted to find a cool shiny spread, searching every month and year between 2014-2035... and got nothing. If I was to add key presses does this mean that I'll have to re-callibrate again? Also can someone tell me if this is a good seed to use?

    Time finder:


    Main window:

  14. #6639
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Well I don't think I'm having Timer0 issues so I might give that a try sometime. I just changed my min/ max frame to 1 and I attempted to find a cool shiny spread, searching every month and year between 2014-2035... and got nothing. If I was to add key presses does this mean that I'll have to re-callibrate again? Also can someone tell me if this is a good seed to use?

    Time finder:


    Main window:
    Yes add keypresses. No you would not have to recalibrate. Keypresses just give you a wider range of seeds to hit.
    Also, check off what nature you want your poke to be. This will give you frames that are shiny AND your desired nature. Make sure in your profile you have all the keypresses checked off too.

    When you find the seed you want to hit, plug in the seeds value into the main window, and click calculate PIDRNG frame. Then find your desired frame (the one with your shiny ANd desired nature) and calculate how many chatters you have to do, then boot your game on the time for this seed you are trying to hit, then hold your keypresses through until the gamefreak animation appears.
    Boot your save, mash X to open up your menu ASAP, then view your chatot summaries w/custom chatter to advance the PIDRNG frames, then bam, you should have your Shiny (I assume Naive HP Ice 70) Cobalion.

  15. #6640
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Yes add keypresses. No you would not have to recalibrate. Keypresses just give you a wider range of seeds to hit.
    Also, check off what nature you want your poke to be. This will give you frames that are shiny AND your desired nature. Make sure in your profile you have all the keypresses checked off too.

    When you find the seed you want to hit, plug in the seeds value into the main window, and click calculate PIDRNG frame. Then find your desired frame (the one with your shiny ANd desired nature) and calculate how many chatters you have to do, then boot your game on the time for this seed you are trying to hit, then hold your keypresses through until the gamefreak animation appears.
    Boot your save, mash X to open up your menu ASAP, then view your chatot summaries w/custom chatter to advance the PIDRNG frames, then bam, you should have your Shiny (I assume Naive HP Ice 70) Cobalion.
    I finally hit my seed now I just need to know how to add keypresses. I assume that I just have to go into the profile and manually edit it? Anyway here's what I got -and it was the first time trying for this particular seed:



    I didn't do any chatot pitches which is why the nature is off... but I got the IVs I wanted which is the main thing. Gonna try again to see if I can get the nature right without synchronize.

  16. #6641
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    With 94 pokemon in my white version's entralink, I decided to try my hand at entralink RNG'ing. I'm stuck at the calibration stage. I hit my time just fine, but the delay was ~200 off. I enter my delay hit into the Eontimer to update it, and tried again. I hit pretty close to the delay (only 1-3 away), but I'm consistently 4 seconds below my time, about what the timer took off in the update. When I update it again, I can't get any IV's that match my adjacent times. I noticed in the entralink guide linked in the OP, it shows entering the delay hit updates the calibration slot, leaving the the HL calibration unchanged. When I enter my delay hit, it updates the EL calibration slot and leaves the calibration unchanged. Is that just because the version of eontimer I'm using is newer than the one in the guide or am I just entering in information wrong? And is HL and EL calibration the same? I'm guessing so, but I want to make sure.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 12th February 2013 at 6:49 PM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  17. #6642
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    They're the same, HL is just what the EL was called before the English games came out.

  18. #6643
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

    And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 12th February 2013 at 11:47 AM.

  19. #6644
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

    And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.
    Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.


    I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?

    EDIT - Nevermind, I hit the seed.

    Another question though - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really
    Last edited by Pidj; 12th February 2013 at 6:56 PM.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  20. #6645
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Top of The Food Web
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Are you talking about IV frames or PID frames? They are separate for captures in 5th gen. You should never have an IV frame of >6 or so... Ideally, there is no reason to search beyond an IV frame of 1.

    IV frames are advanced by walking like you said. PID uses chatoya. Hope this helps.

    Edit: sorry didn't realize this was in reply to a previous page, but hopefully it was still helpful? XD
    Last edited by cannibaleyes; 12th February 2013 at 8:54 PM.
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

    Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

    I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

    2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

  21. #6646
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.


    I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?
    All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.

  22. #6647
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    They're the same, HL is just what the EL was called before the English games came out.
    Ok, that's what I figured. So does that mean the it is the regular calibration value that's supposed to be updating when I enter my delay hit?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  23. #6648
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Yep .

  24. #6649
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.
    That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

    I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

    I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  25. #6650
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

    I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

    I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.
    They should be fine, but I don't really know (since I've only used RNGR a couple times). You should try asking over on Smogon's Gen 5 RNG thread.

Page 266 of 287 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •