Page 267 of 286 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 7149

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Hi, I've tried to download the rng reporter 9.96.5 on windows 7 multiple times but I just get an error message when I try to open it (CLR 80004005). Anybody know a fix?

Edit: Nevermind, resolved. Just uninstall and reinstall microsoft.net framework for anyone having the same problem.
    Last edited by Jei; 15th February 2013 at 4:19 PM. Reason: Problem fixed

hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
    i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
    my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
    please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/

Quote Originally Posted by riddame View Post
    hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
    i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
    my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
    please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/
    In hexadecimal the values range from 0-F, so 1677 would be lower than 167B,
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    In hexadecimal the values range from 0-F, so 1677 would be lower than 167B,
    Thanks so much for the answer

I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
    However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
    This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRaker View Post
    I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
    However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
    This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!
    You need to know your SID to get shiny Pokemon, hitting the one before or the one after is common due to the WNPCs that advance the frames there.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRaker View Post
    So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?
    Those shiny seeds will not be shiny (unless you have a similar SID) so to find your SID upload a pokemon from that cart you're RNGing on to Pokecheck to get your SID.

Off-topic, sorry! Okay. Several months ago, I've figured out how to get a shiny starter in Platinum, but not in Diamond/Pearl. The only WNPC will advance the frame is your rival at Route 201. He turns, but he doesn't turn and/or move. I might just make a tutorial on shiny starter RNG Abuse on Platinum. I haven't touched HG/SS Starter Abuse in about a year. Should I continue HG/SS Starter and/or should I start Platinum Starter Abuse? I'll figure out D/P later.

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?
    Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.
    oopsie

okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
    i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
    i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black
    Last edited by riddame; 17th February 2013 at 2:20 AM. Reason: pokemon black

Quote Originally Posted by riddame View Post
    okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
    i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
    i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black
    Set the min/max frames to 1/1 when searching for flawless wild seeds it will take awhile to find, in fact when I searched through 2000-2099 I only ended up finding around four or five spreads. If you don't want to bother searching through numerous years, set your max frame to 6 and start searching (but usually if you're persistant with searching you shouldn't have to do that).

ok, i'll keep on searching, thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.
    Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?
    In 4th Gen games it allows you to get certain spread groups shiny
    There's a huge Excel sheet full of spread groups that if you RNG'ed their PIDs to become shiny (via TID/SID manipulation) you can get them shiny at low frames.
    Without TID/SID manipulation you get lack luster shiny spreads in the 4th gen games. You'd have to go for ridiculously high frames to find reasonable shiny spreads. So its easier to just abuse for your TID/SID combo on 4th Gen games.

Its also useable on dead battery Ruby & Sapphire. You can get Groudon and Kyogre low leveled and shiny. But this is only recommended if you intend on using them on the now defunct (not relaly defunct but pointless) 2010 VGC metagame. Still could be a fun thing to do if your bored with RNGing lol
    oopsie

All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.
    What are you talking about? You can find more results for non-shiny variants than shiny variants, you would see that in the Timefinder if you have done some RNGs. Besides you could've posted your offers in the RNG trading thread specific or not.

I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?
    You can RNG Non-shiny variants in B/W/W2/B2 or in any game
    Its just easier to do shiny because its easier to confirm your seed

For real though, you can RNG non shiny flawless pokemon. There's no reason to "quit RNGing".
    oopsie

Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
    I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
    So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
    Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
    I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
    So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
    Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?
    You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.

yeah i know that is possible to find them if i look even harder but the problem is my computer, it cant handle larger searches than the ones im doing, thats why i RNGed my TID and SID so i dont have to crash everything while looking for good spreads.
    Thank you alot for your reply, i guess i missread or something when i was searching about it x)

just one more thing... everytime i want a shiny with that spread i simply use the date of that specific seed and advance the PID to the number i RNGed and its all done right?
    I chose a PID with slot 3 on frame 100 just for dittos really so i really want this to work xD

Once again, thank you dewey911p

... IV frame 100, or PID frame 100?

PID frame 100

EDIT: since im using method 5 PIDRNG im guessing thats it...
    Last edited by KuzKan; 23rd February 2013 at 1:51 AM.

Page 267 of 286 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast