Page 269 of 286 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 7139

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6701
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Well I've worked that out now, am managing to get the natures I want every time. But still can't hit the exact frame I want have been 1 or 2 frames out every time (so frustrating).
    I'm aiming for 6686 and the last 3 times I've hit 6685, 6687 and 6690.
    I suppose it's just going to be constant trial and error due to the human element of me pushing the button.


    Don't believe it!!! Been getting the right nature every time, but missing the frame. Finally hit the frame after a whole evening of trying and guess what . . . wrong nature Timer trolled
    Last edited by MSK; 2nd March 2013 at 1:10 AM.

  2. #6702
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

    edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.
    Last edited by darthmalice777; 2nd March 2013 at 3:58 AM.
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

  3. #6703
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

    edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.
    As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
    Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
    Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG



    ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

  4. #6704
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
    Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
    Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.
    I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

  5. #6705
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them
    Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
    The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG



    ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

  6. #6706
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
    The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.
    Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  7. #6707
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Dewey, you can make him move from his tile, and he no longer moves.

    But yeah, Uxie can be annoying, but it's certainly doable.

  8. #6708
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Awesome, thanks so much for the info guys. You're the best!
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

  9. #6709
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).
    I agree Uxie is a pain but reasonably doable, I got mine shiny after about 5 attempts.
    And definitely agree with it being a piece of cake compared to Roamer abuse, although I have just managed to RNG my Thundurus shiny with HP Ice after 4 days of trying

    I'm working my way through all the legendaries getting them shiny, just playing through B2 now so I can get Registeel, Latios, Regigigas. Then I need to learn gen 3 and gen 4 abuse so I can go back and get all the legends from those games. Although if it's anything as bad as the time I'm having entralink rnging my Arceus then I may go mad!!
    Still can't manage to hit my frame at the same time as getting the correct nature

  10. #6710
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Dewey, you can make him move from his tile, and he no longer moves.

    But yeah, Uxie can be annoying, but it's certainly doable.
    Oh, I spoke to the NPC from behind so he was on the same spot, maybe that is why he kept spinning then :/
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  11. #6711
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Finally done it!!!!!!

    Had a break today and just come back to it to have another go. 1st attempt 2 frames off wrong nature, 2nd attempt hit my frame and Jolly nature
    So happy now I've got my 31/31/31/29/31/31 Jolly Dream World Arceus, gonna make him into a Normal Extremespeed killer.

  12. #6712
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...

  13. #6713
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...
    Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  14. #6714
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.
    Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?

  15. #6715
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?
    Wild Porygon for one. Actually D/P are the only games where it's possible period (White Forest doesn't count).
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

  16. #6716
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    Wild Porygon for one. Actually D/P are the only games where it's possible period (White Forest doesn't count).
    Just Porygon then? well that's boring. Looks like I'll be sticking to Plat and HG for 4th gen coverage.

  17. #6717
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Just Porygon then? well that's boring. Looks like I'll be sticking to Plat and HG for 4th gen coverage.
    Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

    There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.

  18. #6718
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

    There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.
    That alone would be worthwhile I guess, should have thought about that myself considering that I just RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 10th March 2013 at 11:52 AM.

  19. #6719
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
    My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
    How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?

  20. #6720
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?

    master league fairy gym leader

    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  21. #6721
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
    My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
    How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?
    You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?
    I'm not entirely sure honestly.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG



    ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

  22. #6722
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.

    I'm not entirely sure honestly.
    Yeah I figured that for a new play through, but I've got the Enigma stone event Lati@s sitting on both games at the moment, so was going to see if there is a viable Shiny spread available to catch them before I restart. So can you use the battle video method to check SID's?

    Also just been following the guide, going through the steps to see how it works (without TID/SID obviously) and decided to search for a HP Fire spread. It brings up a load but the natures are Impish, Mild or Gentle. The synchronise option is in the "Required Lead" box, but does this mean whatever Nature Sync'er I have it'll change to that nature?

  23. #6723
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I'm not entirely sure honestly.
    yeah i wasn't sure either someone was telling me this so i was just confirming if it was true...i don't see anyway to update that since im not pprnging at all its the windows program...which is broken for the unova link anyway...i might try to rng something if its way off then that means i have too...

    master league fairy gym leader

    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  24. #6724
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?
    Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.

  25. #6725
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.
    so that means that i just check that box and my searches will be more accurate then cuaz i want to rng my keldeo then go on to my event melotta after that and i unova linked so that will fix it then for my searches for my white 2? i just want to make sure i don't waste my time rnging finding out that my search was off a bit from the linking...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th March 2013 at 9:21 PM.

    master league fairy gym leader

    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Page 269 of 286 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •