Page 275 of 286 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

okay this is so strange my reporter just deleted all my profiles now -_- is this happening to anyone cuaz i find it strange...i have to re input all my stuff again for my white 2 and black version and go to the trade form section raghav...there are a few shops that rng i work at tictac's as a rng breeder...if you want to nagotiate there i can do it but here is not a good idea this a rng help thread...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Dang. That is unfortunate.

I have 90% of the Unova dex RNGd. Don't think I'll finish it though. Feels insignificant lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Dang. That is unfortunate.

I have 90% of the Unova dex RNGd. Don't think I'll finish it though. Feels insignificant lol.
    yeah i got it back up at least my black version thank god i wrote everything down so i should be good to go, it was so strange it randomly deleted it :/...also dang 90% thats crazy just having major trolling sessions with a stubborn treecko thats only the first part of it -_-

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

So in the OP it states that RNG abuse is completely legitimate...

How is that the case when you need a program on your computer to help you complete your goal?

Isn't the definition of cheating something like this:

An unintended state/action that gives a player an unfair advantage over others that play thegame as intended.
    *I believe it is*

I am not looking for debate, I am not saying it is Wrong, so don't get all fussed up.

All I am saying is don't try to justify an illigitimate action to make yourself feel better about how you play the game.

That being said, I bred all of my pokemon naturally, and it took a very long time. The first time I learned of RNG abuse I felt like I was kicked in the nuts... Just knowing that all of the time and work I put into acquiring a poke with 2-3 perfect IV's with the rest above 20 (good nature ofc) can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.

Like I said, not a debate. It just bothers me to see it called *completely legitimate*, when it ever so clearly is not.

P.S. I completely understand why RNG abuse is done, and why it is so appealing. I am most likely going to try it out one day, even. Though I would feel no need to try to tell myself it was a legitimate catch, because It's not, I know it, and it wouldn't bother me.
    Last edited by ChrisPBaken; 28th April 2013 at 12:28 PM.

If you don't have anything that directly relates to RNG abuse, don't post in this thread.

That said, it's completely legitimate because you're not modifying your game in any way. If you don't like that, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPBaken View Post
    So in the OP it states that RNG abuse is completely legitimate...

How is that the case when you need a program on your computer to help you complete your goal?

Isn't the definition of cheating something like this:

An unintended state/action that gives a player an unfair advantage over others that play thegame as intended.
    *I believe it is*

I am not looking for debate, I am not saying it is Wrong, so don't get all fussed up.

All I am saying is don't try to justify an illigitimate action to make yourself feel better about how you play the game.

That being said, I bred all of my pokemon naturally, and it took a very long time. The first time I learned of RNG abuse I felt like I was kicked in the nuts... Just knowing that all of the time and work I put into acquiring a poke with 2-3 perfect IV's with the rest above 20 (good nature ofc) can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.

Like I said, not a debate. It just bothers me to see it called *completely legitimate*, when it ever so clearly is not.

P.S. I completely understand why RNG abuse is done, and why it is so appealing. I am most likely going to try it out one day, even. Though I would feel no need to try to tell myself it was a legitimate catch, because It's not, I know it, and it wouldn't bother me.
    Every action carried out to perform RNG Abuse is legitimate.
    This thread happens to be the place where one could learn how to abuse the RNG in pokemon games, so you should start here before you make any horribly false accusations on the matter.
    oopsie

can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.
    I particularly like this example of ignorance.

So because you are not directly modifying your game it is completely legitimate?

I don't see how having a program on your pc telling you when to do a certain action in your game, and what you are going to get is "completely legitimate!

Whatever floats your boat though, I guess some people just feel guilty about what they do, and try to justify it. If telling yourself that it is completely legitiamate is your way of doing that then good for you
    Hello Troll ^^

But really, if you're not going to talk about rng, please leave

Anyway, I've still not been able to resolve my ID abuse issue.

I mean, if you try 100 times, with a 1/10 chance at the lowest, you should be able to hit it at least once. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    Timer0 hates me soo much
    I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
    The reason? Timer0.
    And the thing is, i can't even re-calibrate anymore...
    >.> so should i just start a new game and forget about rng'ing my id?
    Here's my info BTW;
    DSixl; Timer0:167E VCount: AD VFrame:8 GxStat: 6
    I'm using the latest rng reporter: 9.96.5 BETA
    Old stuff in the quote
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Nothing that can be done about Timer0 trolling except to keep trying. Double check to make sure you used the right profile to search ID seeds with in Pandora's box. Using the wrong profile might be your issue. Also, when I did ID abuse Pandora's box would out put the wrong starting frame, so I would have to put the ID I wanted into the results column and run the seed finder to get my right SF and the right number of advances I needed to do.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Nothing that can be done about Timer0 trolling except to keep trying. Double check to make sure you used the right profile to search ID seeds with in Pandora's box. Using the wrong profile might be your issue. Also, when I did ID abuse Pandora's box would out put the wrong starting frame, so I would have to put the ID I wanted into the results column and run the seed finder to get my right SF and the right number of advances I needed to do.
    Oh.... Maybe the wrong starting frame is my problem? I'll check it out
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

oh my gosh i think i just caught a perm-migrain *.* i'd rather just find a shop partner

Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

Although I have no issues with a discussion on RNG, there's no need for posts saying 'I guess you just say that to not feel guilty' complete with sarcastic smileys. Please have a bit of class if you want to have this discussion.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Is there a way to break consistancy when RNGing the 5th gen roamer?

Target frame: 3,996
    Eon Timer lag value: 8,760/8,766
    lowest frame hit: 3,980
    highest frame hit: 4,002

The problem is I keep hitting 3,980 and 4,002 consistantly and only one other frame between them (3,988) which is only rarely, how do I break my consistancy?
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Cueva27 View Post
    oh my gosh i think i just caught a perm-migrain *.* i'd rather just find a shop partner
    What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Is there a way to break consistancy when RNGing the 5th gen roamer?

Target frame: 3,996
    Eon Timer lag value: 8,760/8,766
    lowest frame hit: 3,980
    highest frame hit: 4,002

The problem is I keep hitting 3,980 and 4,002 consistantly and only one other frame between them (3,988) which is only rarely, how do I break my consistancy?
    Unfortunately, due to how quickly the PIDRNG advances, and the WNPCs outside, some frames are "skipped".

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    What does this even mean?
    sorry i told him to come her for help he wanted to learn how to rng but he saw all this talk and got extremely confused what was going on so i guess he quit >.> he owns a trade shop and wants a shop partner that rngs since i work in a trade shop but better stop now this has nothing to do with rng help...i did mange to get my reporter back up and running again though...it was strange it deleted my perimeter searches maybe cuaz i had the older one that interfered with it? i finally just deleted it cuaz i really don't need it cuaz i got the newer one and the pandora box works fine on this one...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I just got my Japanese Soul Silver today, I'm RNGing via Cute Charm. Can someone find Elm/Irwin calls in Japanese? Since it won't show on my RNG Reporter. :3

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    I just got my Japanese Soul Silver today, I'm RNGing via Cute Charm. Can someone find Elm/Irwin calls in Japanese? Since it won't show on my RNG Reporter. :3
    I'm using google translate here so I doubt this is accurate, but:

K: 私は知らない関東地方のいくつかのポケモンがあります期待しています。私はまだ慣れていないだと進化の方法 はおそらくあります。私はその視点を使用し、どのような私ができる発見する必要があります
    E: そこにポケモンが進化することを非常に多くの異なる方法がありそこではありません!彼らが最初に一定の条件 を満たすまでは、一部のポケモンは進化しないでください!
    P: それは思われるまで、より良いPokérusレベルに感染しているポケモン。私たちは、なぜ全くわからない ...

That's for Elm calls. If you are lucky you can match up the punctuation at the end. K ends in a period, E ends in an exclamation mark, and P ends in an ellipse. Not sure if the japanese punctuation is the same or not though. Either way, good luck.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Is it possible to IDRNG a "sticking" frame to be shiny? Or would the game mechanics cause different frames to stick for different save files/ID combos? (5th gen Roamer)
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Is it possible to IDRNG a "sticking" frame to be shiny? Or would the game mechanics cause different frames to stick for different save files/ID combos? (5th gen Roamer)
    I've never tried to RNG a sticking frame before, but I would assume it is possible. As long as you can hit it you should be able to ID abuse for that frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Unfortunately, due to how quickly the PIDRNG advances, and the WNPCs outside, some frames are "skipped".
    The weather also affects the PIDRNG - that's why Thunderus and Tornadus are slightly different to RNG.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    The weather also affects the PIDRNG - that's why Thunderus and Tornadus are slightly different to RNG.
    True.

Btw I got my shiny snivy on Black 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    Isn't that basically what I said? :p

Quick question, I uploaded a pokemon too pokécheck and my SID was jut 305. Does that mean I put two zero's before that number?

Yes .

So I ran into a little problem with RNG today, and I was hoping somebody here wouldn't mind helping me out. ^^;

DS System: Original DSi
    Game: Black 1

About a week ago I RNG'd perfectly at Timer0 123C. Got 6 pokemon in a day (including two eggs) without a problem. I took a week or so off due to school exams, didn't touch Black's save file nor RNG. Now I'm back trying to RNG again but no matter what I try I cannot hit my seeds.

So what I did...
    After not being able to hit my seeds I went back to re-calibrate. (Sweet Scented in Victory Road- caught immediately (Master Ball) and repeated 6 times.) I found out my Timer0 is now alternating from 123D to 123C every other catch. I thought no big deal right? I'll hit it on the 1st or hit it on the 2nd try... Went to Mist. Cave for a MB male Axew (123D). I'm sure I hit the time, but the Axew was Female with Rivalry and was no where on the list. Ok, must have hit 123C. Repeated exactly as last time: Same results. Failure. Got a Woobat- This ones not on the 'list' either. Not the M Axew RNG said I should get and not the Female Axew from the last try. Try a few more times same results; a lot of times I was hitting the same Woobat multiple times but it wasn't anywhere on my 123D RNG list. I'm not sure what Timer0 I was hitting at that point. Add and subtract a few Chatots as a test but the PKMN I hit don't line up with the listed PKMN I should be hitting. At All. Tried a few other locations: No luck.

Went back again, re-calibrated with the same process. Same results: Alternating 123C and 123D. Target Seconds: 25 Hit At: 25 (Started game at 00:00:24)

Then I tried eggs: Same problem. I have a flawless Mudkip M and a Flawless Ditto; RNG'd for a Flawless male Mudkip - Sp. Atk and I could not hit it. But I'm sure I am getting in game at the correct time... (At least according to my earlier calibrations.)

So any idea on what could be I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys!
    - EBON
    Last edited by Ebon; 13th May 2013 at 9:31 AM.

Page 275 of 286 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast