Page 276 of 287 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 7152

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    So I ran into a little problem with RNG today, and I was hoping somebody here wouldn't mind helping me out. ^^;

DS System: Original DSi
    Game: Black 1

About a week ago I RNG'd perfectly at Timer0 123C. Got 6 pokemon in a day (including two eggs) without a problem. I took a week or so off due to school exams, didn't touch Black's save file nor RNG. Now I'm back trying to RNG again but no matter what I try I cannot hit my seeds.

So what I did...
    After not being able to hit my seeds I went back to re-calibrate. (Sweet Scented in Victory Road- caught immediately (Master Ball) and repeated 6 times.) I found out my Timer0 is now alternating from 123D to 123C every other catch. I thought no big deal right? I'll hit it on the 1st or hit it on the 2nd try... Went to Mist. Cave for a MB male Axew (123D). I'm sure I hit the time, but the Axew was Female with Rivalry and was no where on the list. Ok, must have hit 123C. Repeated exactly as last time: Same results. Failure. Got a Woobat- This ones not on the 'list' either. Not the M Axew RNG said I should get and not the Female Axew from the last try. Try a few more times same results; a lot of times I was hitting the same Woobat multiple times but it wasn't anywhere on my 123D RNG list. I'm not sure what Timer0 I was hitting at that point. Add and subtract a few Chatots as a test but the PKMN I hit don't line up with the listed PKMN I should be hitting. At All. Tried a few other locations: No luck.

Went back again, re-calibrated with the same process. Same results: Alternating 123C and 123D. Target Seconds: 25 Hit At: 25 (Started game at 00:00:24)

Then I tried eggs: Same problem. I have a flawless Mudkip M and a Flawless Ditto; RNG'd for a Flawless male Mudkip - Sp. Atk and I could not hit it. But I'm sure I am getting in game at the correct time... (At least according to my earlier calibrations.)

So any idea on what could be I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys!
    - EBON
    It just sounds like your Timer0 is dicking around, that happens a lot. If you were able to RNG 6 pokemon with no problem in one day using 123C I would just stick to that Timer0. You will still hit 123D on occasion, and if the seed is being difficult you may hit it a lot, but sticking to the most common value is the easiest thing to do. Ignore 123D and stick with 123C, keep at it, and you should have no issues.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    It just sounds like your Timer0 is dicking around, that happens a lot. If you were able to RNG 6 pokemon with no problem in one day using 123C I would just stick to that Timer0. You will still hit 123D on occasion, and if the seed is being difficult you may hit it a lot, but sticking to the most common value is the easiest thing to do. Ignore 123D and stick with 123C, keep at it, and you should have no issues.
    Ok, thanks a lot Dewey911p! I guess I'll go back at it in the morning then.
    Last edited by Ebon; 13th May 2013 at 9:55 AM.

Ok, thanks a lot Dewey911p! I guess I'll go back at it in the morning then.
    Are you using keypresses? The LR keys can be problematic at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Are you using keypresses? The LR keys can be problematic at times.
    Nope, no keypresses. I've heard of that so I've been staying away from them. ^^; Simple / basic PIDRNG had been working great for me till I ran into that. I hope Timer0 will like me when I get home.
    Last edited by Ebon; 13th May 2013 at 9:53 PM.

Nope, no keypresses. I've heard of that so I've been staying away from them. ^^; Simple / basic PIDRNG had been working great for me till I ran into that. I hope Timer0 will like me when I get home.
    Adding keypresses does not make RNGing any harder. If anything they make it eaiser since you can find more seeds. If your L and R shoulder buttons do not work there is an option to skip over them in the profile set up. Or, you could just ignore any seeds that use button presses that don't work on your DS. Either way, adding keypresses does not make RNGing harder or anything of the sort.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Adding keypresses does not make RNGing any harder. If anything they make it eaiser since you can find more seeds. If your L and R shoulder buttons do not work there is an option to skip over them in the profile set up. Or, you could just ignore any seeds that use button presses that don't work on your DS. Either way, adding keypresses does not make RNGing harder or anything of the sort.
    Oh no no, sorry I wasn't trying to imply that it made RNG harder. ^^; (Though my L button is broken so thanks for the information!) My friend just had previous problems with her keypresses (More likely she was just derping.) was all; so I haven't gone out to try and experiment with them yet. Though I might since Adamant on this PKMN is proving to be illusive.

Anyhow, I got the Mudkip egg A-OK a few minutes ago when I went back to 123C, so my Timer0 was just derping as you mentioned earlier. Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by Ebon; 14th May 2013 at 4:23 AM.

I'm having trouble with breeding. No, I'm not using White 2. I'm using White 1. Here's what I got. I put in Japanese Porygon and an English Ditto at the Day-Care. No Everstone is equipped on either parents. I have clicked International Parents and Ditto Parent on the RNG Reporter. After I RNG'd the Egg, it turned out to be Impish, Ability 1(Download), Alert to Sounds, and non-shiny.

Pics:
    Time Finder

Main Screen of the
    RNG Reporter

EDIT: Oh, and the highlighted frame was the frame I hitted. The actual target frame is 63.
    Last edited by SakuraLatias; 15th May 2013 at 7:34 AM. Reason: adding

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    I'm having trouble with breeding. No, I'm not using White 2. I'm using White 1. Here's what I got. I put in Japanese Porygon and an English Ditto at the Day-Care. No Everstone is equipped on either parents. I have clicked International Parents and Ditto Parent on the RNG Reporter. After I RNG'd the Egg, it turned out to be Impish, Ability 1(Download), Alert to Sounds, and non-shiny.

Pics:
    Time Finder

Main Screen of the
    RNG Reporter
    you sure the parents are in the correct place when plugging in...ditto always plays as female with genderless pokemon while the genderless is the male...i just rnged a shiny porygon...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    you sure the parents are in the correct place when plugging in...ditto always plays as female with genderless pokemon while the genderless is the male...i just rnged a shiny porygon...
    I putted in the corrected place.... Maybe I'm not hitting the actual target frame. I'm advancing with Chatot too much. I needed to find my SSF (Shifted Starting Frame), then I'll figure out my actual advances.

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    I putted in the corrected place.... Maybe I'm not hitting the actual target frame. I'm advancing with Chatot too much. I needed to find my SSF (Shifted Starting Frame), then I'll figure out my actual advances.
    you look fine on the reporter its probably your not hitting your time correctly...it happens to me all the time really sakura don't worry...if you really can't hit the seed, try another...sometimes i it takes me awhile to ajust to when to hit the sec correctly..if your tiny bit to early or tiny late it messes up the whole spread...keep trying...

edit: also yeah make sure your hitting your time to find your starting frame i know this may sound crazy but i use pokecheck alot to check the pid frame and see where im at and figure out from there if i hit the time or not...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 15th May 2013 at 9:30 AM.

Exclamation Major Shiny News of Interest to RNG Users.

And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
    I'll copy/paste this to three other threads to hit the proper one handling this situation of mine and to abide by forum rules.

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
    Hey if you expect us to give you ANY kind of help whatsoever how about you not be a total asshole about it?

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.
    Firstly you're wasting your time. At this point you are performing watered down RNG abuse so why not go the full 9 yards and actually learn it?
    Second of all nothing you're doing is efficient at all. Don't even attempt to "hunt" or whatever it is you do on dead battery carts. Go waste your time "hunting" on other games kid.
    And your ID combo isn't "special", and you haven't made some sort of huge discovery having an ID like that. Your ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.

Just to let you know as well, everything in R/S/E has been thoroughly researched. You're not going to make any ground breaking discoveries, especially with the naivety on this topic you display. Instead of resenting the idea of RNG abuse how about you learn how to do it so you don't have to piggy back on others findings?
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 20th May 2013 at 8:10 PM.

^Not appreciated at all. It's my choice not to use this method. I was only going to take advice on the starter and I am sorta seeing your point that it was a case of "ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.". Your evidently knowledgeable about the mechanics of Sapphire.

Next off I'm not a 'kid', and not an aged person 'lurking' with bad motives on this site either. I go back to 1998 North American release of Red/Blue. I was never insulting the RNG practice!!!!!!!

You're a foul-mouth and you're getting reported. I don't even think you know what you're mad at. I haven't always been so cool-headed on these forums either and I was unfair & over-reactive to a member once for which I'm sorry and offer apologies.
    ~Officer Jenny

No offense, but if you're going to slam RNG about then why would anyone want to help you?

You can use RNG Reporter to make a very good guess at your SID based off your TID, then run a search based on that.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

There was offense taken due to this groups paranoia. What is wrong with people here? I'm not 'dissing' or disrespecting those that choose RNG in any way! What do you 'Read' in my sentences?

We'll see when I just reclaim Zigzagoon. I'm saved passed Treecko starter so that's givin up on. Don't be ridiculous people.
    ~Officer Jenny

There was offense taken due to this groups paranoia. What is wrong with people here? I'm not 'dissing' or disrespecting those that choose RNG in any way! What do you 'Read' in my sentences?

We'll see when I just reclaim Zigzagoon. I'm saved passed Treecko starter so that's givin up on. Don't be ridiculous people.
    There is no paranoia here. You came in, spouted all kinds off ******** about RNG abuse, then you asked for help, after pretty much insulting all of us here.

^Not appreciated at all. It's my choice not to use this method. I was only going to take advice on the starter and I am sorta seeing your point that it was a case of "ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.". Your evidently knowledgeable about the mechanics of Sapphire.

Next off I'm not a 'kid', and not an aged person 'lurking' with bad motives on this site either. I go back to 1998 North American release of Red/Blue. I was never insulting the RNG practice!!!!!!!

You're a foul-mouth and you're getting reported. I don't even think you know what you're mad at. I haven't always been so cool-headed on these forums either and I was unfair & over-reactive to a member once for which I'm sorry and offer apologies.
    When your post begins with "I do not like the idea of RNG abuse nor practice it" You're not gonna get a nice answer. So you disapprove of the idea of RNG abuse, yet you EXPECT us to give you information and that will suddenly make you respect us more?

You obviously have NO knowledge of the RNG in pokemon games. Quit trying to act like you know "better" than us because you justify your pitiful time-inefficient "hunting" methods with morals and quotes from the games. Every user who has responded to you is much more knowledgeable on RNG abuse than you are currently. So instead of ordering answers from us like most of SPPf does, how about you take some time and actually LEARN.

Alright, let's all take a deep breathe here.

I'll admit that parts of the first post may have been easily taken to appear rude, if that was not your intention. If so then be careful how you do word your posts in future, especially when asking for help. And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed or on the flip side accuse them of being total assholes.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Alright, let's all take a deep breathe here.

I'll admit that parts of the first post may have been easily taken to appear rude, if that was not your intention. If so then be careful how you do word your posts in future, especially when asking for help. And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed or on the flip side accuse them of being total assholes.
    Hey Bob,
    I don't use the word I underlined in italics. Your first hunch was right, that wasn't my intention. Is there a sweet, sugar-coated way of saying "I prefer not to RNG."? I start out civil with my sentence structure, being friendly, without dumbing down the reader. (the sugar-coat way.) How they all came on to me was totally unfair and I didn't deserve that. They appear as renegades on here that don't respect your moderating Bob.

Well I have this comment to say to all my critics:
    http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Sh...?sort=3&page=1

In the same frame spot Plus I had Poke balls this time! An afternoon well planned-out got me this shiny Poochyena with only about 8-9 tries. I'm puzzled why it wasn't the same nature & stats Zigzagoon, I'm happy though, I never had a gold, blue-eyed dog before.
    ~Officer Jenny

Hey Bob,
    I don't use the word I underlined in italics. Your first hunch was right, that wasn't my intention. Is there a sweet, sugar-coated way of saying "I prefer not to RNG."? I start out civil with my sentence structure, being friendly, without dumbing down the reader. (the sugar-coat way.) How they all came on to me was totally unfair and I didn't deserve that. They appear as renegades on here that don't respect your moderating Bob.

Well I have this comment to say to all my critics:
    http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Sh...?sort=3&page=1

In the same frame spot Plus I had Poke balls this time! An afternoon well planned-out got me this shiny Poochyena with only about 8-9 tries. I'm puzzled why it wasn't the same nature & stats Zigzagoon, I'm happy though, I never had a gold, blue-eyed dog before.
    They DO respect moderation. If you hadn't said:
    And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself
    This wouldn't have happened in the first place. (Saying that on a thread dedicated to RNG is a bad idea in itself) But like Hozu said, RNG Reporter/PPRNG will help determine the exact timing of your frame if you can discern your SID. Generally, frames flash by in 3rd gen 60 times a second, on a dead battery R/S and Emerald in general the frames go on repeat so if you turn on the game and encounter a pokemon at exact intervals you'll get a pokemon with the exact same stats each time.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

^ Thanks for the additional info, you're cool.

There was nothing wrong with what I said and I had Noooooo idea it would bother so many persons, rotten persons, but persons. I wouldn't have typed it if my crystal ball was working.

I was being sincere and genuine, acted upon good faith in this "humanity".

This thread is a cult.
    ~Officer Jenny

There was nothing wrong with what I said and I had Noooooo idea it would bother so many persons, rotten persons, but persons. I wouldn't have typed it if my crystal ball was working.

This thread is a cult.
    It's just that it's too easy to read "I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself" as "I prefer that RNG abusing doesn't exist even if Gamefreak permits their use" instead of "I don't RNG abuse myself and I am not planning to", especially since this thread has been attacked by real trolls (flammers/bashers).

This thread isn't a cult because many people here are big-time RNG abusers that are just defending what they believe in (even if it was against a false alarm).

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed
    So let's cut the name-calling shall we? Let's put this disaster to rest. ~_~
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 21st May 2013 at 6:53 PM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

This thread is a cult.
    Apparently you didn't get the point of bobandbill's post.

This thread is a cult.
    its how you said things is what makes everyone jump you could of just said that you not really into rnging but i like to ask a question for help to get something faster instead of saying what you said that is why people jump on what they believe in, and i don't think everyone is rotten here its a normal human response espeically on the internet. if it makes everyone clean the air i do like doing both methods, rnging for competitive purposes and shiny hunting for fun. Its just everyone target rnging is not legit which can start some stuff around here, like for example someone bashing people that take there time to mm or something, which isn't right, if it wasn't your attention please be careful what words you use around people not just this thread but around serebii, which we need to stop having these war battles who more legit it sickens me really.we need to stop talking about this now, put this to rest like qoute said and move on. we all do the same thing just one side does it faster. are lesson here today is watch what you say and don't jump so quick and do not call people profanity words.
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 22nd May 2013 at 8:08 AM.

I'm having a little trouble RNGing. I'm trying to get a shiny Litwick in White 2 on a 3DS. I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong though. I've created the profile for the game, found my seed in the time finder page, and plugged it into the first page. I went into the game at the time indicated in the time finder, including the 8 second early start-up for the 3DS.

Page 276 of 287 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast