Page 277 of 286 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 7139

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Predaking View Post
    I'm having a little trouble RNGing. I'm trying to get a shiny Litwick in White 2 on a 3DS. I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong though. I've created the profile for the game, found my seed in the time finder page, and plugged it into the first page. I went into the game at the time indicated in the time finder, including the 8 second early start-up for the 3DS.
    Well, that's not much info to go on really, but with it being a 3DS and White 2, your biggest problem will be Timer0. If you did everything else right, you are probably just missing your Timer0. Keep trying and you should eventually hit the seed. To help reduce Timer0 fluctuation you can use an external timer, such as Eon Timer, to try and consistently hit the same time. Also, you can use the pitches of chatot's cry to verify if you hit your seed.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Well, that's not much info to go on really, but with it being a 3DS and White 2, your biggest problem will be Timer0. If you did everything else right, you are probably just missing your Timer0. Keep trying and you should eventually hit the seed. To help reduce Timer0 fluctuation you can use an external timer, such as Eon Timer, to try and consistently hit the same time. Also, you can use the pitches of chatot's cry to verify if you hit your seed.
    I think I'm confused as to how the timer0 actually contributes. If it helps, when picking a seed, I always choose the one with the timer0 that appeared the most in the DS parameters settings, 167E. If you don't mind me asking, how could I miss the timer0? I don't quite get that part.

Also, from what I gather from from the first page of this thread, and Smogon's RNG help page, to find how many frames you need to advance for PIDRNG, you subtract the frame that appears alongside the seed from the starting seed, and then add one. Then you can advance the frame using the Chatots. Is that incorrect?

*Edit* I should have mentioned in my first post that I am using an external timer to keep time.
    Last edited by Predaking; 24th May 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Predaking View Post
    I think I'm confused as to how the timer0 actually contributes. If it helps, when picking a seed, I always choose the one with the timer0 that appeared the most in the DS parameters settings, 167E. If you don't mind me asking, how could I miss the timer0? I don't quite get that part.

Also, from what I gather from from the first page of this thread, and Smogon's RNG help page, to find how many frames you need to advance for PIDRNG, you subtract the frame that appears alongside the seed from the starting seed, and then add one. Then you can advance the frame using the Chatots. Is that incorrect?

*Edit* I should have mentioned in my first post that I am using an external timer to keep time.
    Timer0 is a parameter that is hardware based (which means it is determined by the DS you are using) and is required to hit your seed. You cannot really control the Timer0, you just have to keep trying until you get the right one. It is the only parameter that fluctuates and, as such, it is the parameter value that can cause you to miss hitting the right seed. If you are using the T0 value that appeared most in your parameter search, you should be fine.

To find how many chatot flips you need to do you take the frame Time Finder gives you (your "Target Frame", or TF) and subtract that from your starting frame (SF). Then, subtract 1 from that since generating the pokemon makes a call to the RNG and thus advances the frame by 1 (From what I hear, PPRNG takes this into account already so you wouldn't need to subtract 1. So, if you are using RNGr it is TF - SF - 1, and if you are using PPRNG it is just TF - SF). IF you hit your seed and get the right IVs, but get the wrong nature, shininess, pokemon, etc, you just missed your PID frame. All you need to do is hit your seed again and adjust chatot flips.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks for the help.

Just one more question. My Target frame is 58, and the starting frame is 57. Since I am using RNG Reporter, as soon as I start the game, I would immediately use Sweet Scent, right?

Nevermind, hit my seed, thanks.
    Last edited by Predaking; 25th May 2013 at 6:13 PM.

okay guys im getting a headache is it possible to breed rng a pichu with both wish and volt tackle im coming to the conclusion you can't cuaz you need to have that light ball...thus if anyone has both its a hacked pokemon cuaz items besides the everstone messes up rng processes right?

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    okay guys im getting a headache is it possible to breed rng a pichu with both wish and volt tackle im coming to the conclusion you can't cuaz you need to have that light ball...thus if anyone has both its a hacked pokemon cuaz items besides the everstone messes up rng processes right?
    Yes, Volt Tackle comes from the Light Ball itself, I've bred Pichu with Volt Tackle and other eggmoves like Wish before. Light Ball doesn't affect the RNG at all.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51
    Pokemon Y Shiny Value: 2256

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Yes, Volt Tackle comes from the Light Ball itself, I've bred Pichu with Volt Tackle and other eggmoves like Wish before. Light Ball doesn't affect the RNG at all.
    thanks qoute for answering...i did get a response from smogon ^_^ thank you very much for replying though

TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

thanks qoute for answering...i did get a response from smogon ^_^ thank you very much for replying though
    Don't forget, too, that Volt Tackle isn't a normal egg move. Either parent needs to hold the light ball as it isn't passed simply if the father knows the move.

Don't forget, too, that Volt Tackle isn't a normal egg move. Either parent needs to hold the light ball as it isn't passed simply if the father knows the move.
    yeah i know i just thought for some reason I thought it would effect me rnging the iv's but really the item does nothing...someone told me that items effect the rng process so i believed for a bit then i double checked and face palm >.< thanks though...so it must only be the bands that effect the iv rnging, which the other items don't effect at all...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 30th May 2013 at 9:01 AM.

yeah i know i just thought for some reason I thought it would effect me rnging the iv's but really the item does nothing...someone told me that items effect the rng process so i believed for a bit then i double checked and face palm >.< thanks though...so it must only be the bands that effect the iv rnging, which the other items don't effect at all...
    Yeah, only the power items mess with RNG breeding, and the everstone isn't supported in gen 4 either, but any other item has no effect.

Yeah, only the power items mess with RNG breeding, and the everstone isn't supported in gen 4 either, but any other item has no effect.
    well know i know better now also yeah i know that already about the 4th gen since i did breed a shiny feebas from that game once...thanks though for responding dewey you always there when i need help XD as well as quotemaster

Hey everyone! I haven't been here in a while, but I needed some help on Entralink RNG. I'm using Eon Timer v1.6 and RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA. I found a seed, set the seed to time finder to have +/- 999 delays, +/- 9 seconds, and the min frame is 1 and max frame is 40. I'm trying to hit frame 30.

My real problem is how Eon Timer messes up my results. Whenever I update Eon Timer with the seconds and delay I hit and the EL Calibration changes from 296, I can never find the IV's I hit in RNG reporter when I try the next time. Anyone know what's wrong? Should I try to use an older version of Eon timer that doesn't update EL Calibration?
    Last edited by ||Caboose||; 1st June 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

So uh is everyone else having problems with Smogan lately? I haven't been able to access the site for like three days now... it's starting to get annoying. I don't need help with anything atm but I like to read randomn stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    So uh is everyone else having problems with Smogan lately? I haven't been able to access the site for like three days now... it's starting to get annoying. I don't need help with anything atm but I like to read randomn stuff there.
    I believe it got hit by a DOS attack.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I believe it got hit by a DOS attack.
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    What does this mean?
    Basically its assholes trolling on a hole new level. So many people use the server at once that it overloads the server and prevents people from using it. People aren't really using the server though, it's just people hacking.

Basically its assholes trolling on a hole new level. So many people use the server at once that it overloads the server and prevents people from using it. People aren't really using the server though, it's just people hacking.
    Why on earth would anyone want to hack the smogan forums? That just sounds stupid to me.

Any idea how long it'll be before the forums are up again?

Edit: The forums are back up.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 3rd June 2013 at 6:03 AM.

Nevermind. I figured out the answer to my own problem. I captured an Adamant Mamoswine in the Entree Forest. I was using the old guide in the first post. It's really outdated.

Can NoDice or a mod add this guide to the Entralink RNG guide section in the first post please?
    Last edited by ||Caboose||; 3rd June 2013 at 8:55 AM.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Quote Originally Posted by ||Caboose|| View Post
    Nevermind. I figured out the answer to my own problem. I captured an Adamant Mamoswine in the Entree Forest. I was using the old guide in the first post. It's really outdated.

Can NoDice or a mod add this guide to the Entralink RNG guide section in the first post please?
    alot of the rng guides on there are outdated i think it needs to be change not everything but most...i found a better guide for somethings for 5th gen..also you can post that mamoswine in the discuss my pokemon thread...we can share all of our rngs there ^_^ thought i help out and nice mamo XD

I am trying to RNG a shiny Mewtwo on SS. I cannot seem to hit the right delay let alone the right seed. I am using a DSi XL. Does this have an affect on which delay I am hitting? I have successfully rng'd about 30 or so eggs on White and I know that my DSi XL has a longer "delay" than a Phat or Lite.

Also I was using 600 for my calibrated delay on zomgtimer (I am using a Mac with pprng), but found from searching through this thread that the correct calibrated delay for HGSS is around 480-500. Is that correct?

Whenever I try to hit my seed, the Elm calls do not come out as hitting any adjacent seed. Would this be remedied with using the correct calibrated delay?

There is surprisingly very little documentation on 4th gen rng using pprng. I have been reading all that I can in the reporter guides and trying to translate. For my first foray into 4th gen rng abuse, this seems a little more complicated. So any help would be great appreciated!
    Last edited by Scot_82; 10th June 2013 at 8:45 PM.

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

So, I have recently started to try to RNG for a wild Poke in White 2. I have successfully RNGed in White V1 (eggs, stationaries, Wondercards, and Wilds). I know about the Timer0 fluctuations and such in V2. I found 2 Timers that are the two most common. I picked one and went with it.
    Anyways, spent forever and a day calibrating and such. I finally hit my target frame, got the nature and ability correct. The IVs were all jacked, however. I read that IVs are not static throughout these frames? Isn’t possible to get specific nature/abilities while keeping the IVs through the frame? My Time Finder shows that the IVs should be my target.
    Other info if needed
    Timer0: 10F5 (10F3 is second most common, not sure if relevant)
    Version: White 2
    DS Lite
    31,30,31,30,31,30 (HP Fire)
    Modest
    Ability 0 (Magnet Pull)
    Encounter Slot 1,7 (Magnemite)
    Virbank Complex.
    Normal Lead (don’t have a syncher, yet)
    Method: After testing, found that the starting frame is ~25-29 higher than what it calculates. The encounter slot I was going for was 7. Unless it was a lvl 12 Magnemite I just used a master ball to catch it. I put the IVs of these fails into the Parameter thing and found which Timer0 they were. If I hit 10F5, I figured out what frame the Poke was from and adjusted my chatters. Well, after about 3 hours this morning (and other failed attempts other days), I am 95% sure I hit my frame and seed finally. Correct Nature/Ability but, as said earlier, IVs jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    I am trying to RNG a shiny Mewtwo on SS. I cannot seem to hit the right delay let alone the right seed. I am using a DSi XL. Does this have an affect on which delay I am hitting? I have successfully rng'd about 30 or so eggs on White and I know that my DSi XL has a longer "delay" than a Phat or Lite.

Also I was using 600 for my calibrated delay on zomgtimer (I am using a Mac with pprng), but found from searching through this thread that the correct calibrated delay for HGSS is around 480-500. Is that correct?

Whenever I try to hit my seed, the Elm calls do not come out as hitting any adjacent seed. Would this be remedied with using the correct calibrated delay?

There is surprisingly very little documentation on 4th gen rng using pprng. I have been reading all that I can in the reporter guides and trying to translate. For my first foray into 4th gen rng abuse, this seems a little more complicated. So any help would be great appreciated!
    I wish i could help i have no problem rnging but the reason why the elm calls don't match is cuaz your not hitting the delay correctly...im not even sure if the your type of ds has anything to do with it...i use my dslite for everything and on top of it i use the windows reporter :/ so i have no clue what would be going on there...

I wish i could help i have no problem rnging but the reason why the elm calls don't match is cuaz your not hitting the delay correctly...im not even sure if the your type of ds has anything to do with it...i use my dslite for everything and on top of it i use the windows reporter :/ so i have no clue what would be going on there...
    Don't worry about it. I got it worked out! The DSi XL was not messing with my delay. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I picked a different seed with a much lower delay (sacrificing some IVs though). I was able to hit the second seed 4 times in a row until I finally nabbed Mewtwo!

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasted View Post
    So, I have recently started to try to RNG for a wild Poke in White 2. I have successfully RNGed in White V1 (eggs, stationaries, Wondercards, and Wilds). I know about the Timer0 fluctuations and such in V2. I found 2 Timers that are the two most common. I picked one and went with it.
    Anyways, spent forever and a day calibrating and such. I finally hit my target frame, got the nature and ability correct. The IVs were all jacked, however. I read that IVs are not static throughout these frames? Isn’t possible to get specific nature/abilities while keeping the IVs through the frame? My Time Finder shows that the IVs should be my target.
    Other info if needed
    Timer0: 10F5 (10F3 is second most common, not sure if relevant)
    Version: White 2
    DS Lite
    31,30,31,30,31,30 (HP Fire)
    Modest
    Ability 0 (Magnet Pull)
    Encounter Slot 1,7 (Magnemite)
    Virbank Complex.
    Normal Lead (don’t have a syncher, yet)
    Method: After testing, found that the starting frame is ~25-29 higher than what it calculates. The encounter slot I was going for was 7. Unless it was a lvl 12 Magnemite I just used a master ball to catch it. I put the IVs of these fails into the Parameter thing and found which Timer0 they were. If I hit 10F5, I figured out what frame the Poke was from and adjusted my chatters. Well, after about 3 hours this morning (and other failed attempts other days), I am 95% sure I hit my frame and seed finally. Correct Nature/Ability but, as said earlier, IVs jacked.
    I'm not sure what you heard about the IVs not being consistent, but the IVs don't change. IVs are determined the same way in B/W2 as they were in B/W, so as long as you don't walk, get in a battle, turn on the C-Gear, or take a pokemon into your party, the IVs won't change. It sounds like you did not hit your seed, however. If the IVs didn't match up then that means you did not hit the seed and the nature/pokemon matching up was probably just luck.

Another thing to check is your Time finder. Make sure you seed searched using the right profile and make sure your min/max IV frame is set to 1. If the max frame is higher than 1, then make sure you advance the IV RNG before advancing the PIDRNG.

One other thing to note, make sure you mark the Black/White2 checkbox in the main window before you calculate the initial PIDRNG value. The PID frame is higher for B/W2 and if you do not mark that check box, your PID frame will be off, as you mentioned.

I'm not sure what you heard about the IVs not being consistent, but the IVs don't change. IVs are determined the same way in B/W2 as they were in B/W, so as long as you don't walk, get in a battle, turn on the C-Gear, or take a pokemon into your party, the IVs won't change. It sounds like you did not hit your seed, however. If the IVs didn't match up then that means you did not hit the seed and the nature/pokemon matching up was probably just luck.

Another thing to check is your Time finder. Make sure you seed searched using the right profile and make sure your min/max IV frame is set to 1. If the max frame is higher than 1, then make sure you advance the IV RNG before advancing the PIDRNG.

One other thing to note, make sure you mark the Black/White2 checkbox in the main window before you calculate the initial PIDRNG value. The PID frame is higher for B/W2 and if you do not mark that check box, your PID frame will be off, as you mentioned.
    I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.
    And about the IVs changing from frames. I must have read someone's post wrong and assumed they meant PID frames when they were talking about IV frames. Ignore that part.
    Attempting my catch again this morning! There is a moving NPC in the area so it is a pain with the fluctuating Timer0.

Also, thanks for the help!

Edit: Well after 6 or so hours of trying to get my Magnemite... I keep hitting the 2 frames around him. I chatter 67 times for ever and hit the stupid Koffing before him multiple times. Start chatting 68 times and then hit the male Koffing after him! :|

Edit2: This entire time I was in Virbank Complex trying to get a Magnemite. I got frustrated after many hours. I make a trip to P2 Labs just to see if a Magneton would be easier due to less people around? 2nd try I get it... So, if anyone is attempting to RNG for a Magne(ton,zone,mite), I would suggest going to P2 instead. :|
    Last edited by Hasted; 14th June 2013 at 12:36 AM.

Page 277 of 286 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281 ... LastLast