Page 278 of 286 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 7145

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

I got a question. I know that saving advances by one frame in B/W, does this apply to all Gen IV games? I'm going to RNG Giratina at the Distortion World in Platinum.
    Last edited by SakuraLatias; 14th June 2013 at 6:59 AM.

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Hasted View Post
    I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.
    And about the IVs changing from frames. I must have read someone's post wrong and assumed they meant PID frames when they were talking about IV frames. Ignore that part.
    Attempting my catch again this morning! There is a moving NPC in the area so it is a pain with the fluctuating Timer0.

Also, thanks for the help!

Edit: Well after 6 or so hours of trying to get my Magnemite... I keep hitting the 2 frames around him. I chatter 67 times for ever and hit the stupid Koffing before him multiple times. Start chatting 68 times and then hit the male Koffing after him! :|

Edit2: This entire time I was in Virbank Complex trying to get a Magnemite. I got frustrated after many hours. I make a trip to P2 Labs just to see if a Magneton would be easier due to less people around? 2nd try I get it... So, if anyone is attempting to RNG for a Magne(ton,zone,mite), I would suggest going to P2 instead. :|
    Why didn't you just RNG Magnemite in the outside section of Verbank Complex where there are no NPCs to deal with? Either way, at least you got it, so congrats =)

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    I got a question. I know that saving advances by one frame in B/W, does this apply to all Gen IV games? I'm going to RNG Giratina at the Distortion World in Platinum.
    I'm not sure, but I think so. Why not just use journal flips and relaod the overworld to advance the frame? (Or Chatot, but since you are asking, I assume you don;t have any on you).
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think so. Why not just use journal flips and relaod the overworld to advance the frame? (Or Chatot, but since you are asking, I assume you don;t have any on you).
    Once Giratina appears, but not engaging to a battle, I'm planning to grab Chatot and the necessary Synchronizer to RNG.

IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

When I press A on say, xx:30, enough time passes before the game starts to load so that it starts on xx:31 instead. Now, when trying to hit my target time i've been hitting A a second before with seemingly no problem when I RNG on Black 1. If I want to find my parameters for RNGing on Black 2 should I keep doing this, or press A exactly on whatever arbitrary time I choose and then adjust after? Reason I ask is because when I parameter searched on my Black 1 I didn't press A a second early until after I found them.

Im trying to set my DSi Parameters but Idk which one is more common because the seeds come out 50% of the time when I am trying to set parameters as seen below

AC VCount Timer0 Gxstat VFrame Seed
    30 8C 123D 6 8 13ECAF77796E0CFE
    30 8C 123C 6 8 62285E9939311A05

But the one with the Timer0:123D has two I put the ones I'm hitting at 30sec, the second result being 34 Sec Vcount:87 Timer0:1293 same Gxstat VFrame: D and seed:4288665D42B61202

Does this mean I should use seed with Timer0:123C?
    Last edited by Hopsin; 22nd June 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    My IGN: Hopsin
    3DS FC:2337-5122-4643
    TSV:3690
    Cloning Gen6 5-6IV Pokemon [incl ones with egg moves] or any gen 3 event.
    I have been a member of this site for well over 1year. I am a Trusted Cloner on Neoseeker and Will reply to any pm requesting for clones meeting the qualifications above.
    Do not rush me I have a life.

Just use both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsin View Post
    Im trying to set my DSi Parameters but Idk which one is more common because the seeds come out 50% of the time when I am trying to set parameters as seen below

AC VCount Timer0 Gxstat VFrame Seed

But the one with the Timer0:123D has two I put the ones I'm hitting at 30sec, the second result being 34 Sec Vcount:87 Timer0:1293 same Gxstat VFrame: D and seed:4288665D42B61202

Does this mean I should use seed with Timer0:123C?
    i really don't understand why your getting so much results for a bw1 cartiage but do what agonist says try both of them...if one works better then the other just use the one that hits your seed correctly...make sure you get the correct time on your capture that can give results...you said on my vm's your using black version correct?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 23rd June 2013 at 3:50 AM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    When I press A on say, xx:30, enough time passes before the game starts to load so that it starts on xx:31 instead. Now, when trying to hit my target time i've been hitting A a second before with seemingly no problem when I RNG on Black 1. If I want to find my parameters for RNGing on Black 2 should I keep doing this, or press A exactly on whatever arbitrary time I choose and then adjust after? Reason I ask is because when I parameter searched on my Black 1 I didn't press A a second early until after I found them.
    The delay is 1 second when using a DS Lite, and since you know this already, just ignore the actual seconds part of the parameter search. When I did my searches for Black 2 I would just put the seconds I thought I hit (I didn't pay much attention to that part) and if the actual seconds was 1 or 2 over, I just ignored that.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Man, I'm starting to get annoyed. Trying to RNG my ID number in HeartGold, and for some reason I'm randomly hitting seeds located at 1 second earlier than my actual target seed.
    I put the seconds at 30 in Seed To Time, but I often end up getting seeds at 29 seconds instead of at 30 (The same happened when I was using 3 seconds, would get results at 2 seconds instead.)
    One time I even ended up getting the right frame, but with the seed 1 second earlier, which was pretty annoying.
    I find it strange, because I'm convinced I typed the right numbers in the right boxes in EonTimer (removing 3 seconds from my target second since I'm in HG/SS) and I didn't have that problem when I did it in SS just a little bit over 1 hour ago. :/ Didn't get that problem in Platinum either.
    Maybe it's because I'm hitting the A button just a little bit too early, thus making the game choose a seed from a second earlier? Or is there a difference between the Japanese and English versions of HG/SS? (My SS is Japanese while my HG is English.)

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, it'd be appreciated if you could point it out :3
    I'm going to keep on trying, hopefully I don't get trolled too much and get the ID I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Man, I'm starting to get annoyed. Trying to RNG my ID number in HeartGold, and for some reason I'm randomly hitting seeds located at 1 second earlier than my actual target seed.
    I put the seconds at 30 in Seed To Time, but I often end up getting seeds at 29 seconds instead of at 30 (The same happened when I was using 3 seconds, would get results at 2 seconds instead.)
    One time I even ended up getting the right frame, but with the seed 1 second earlier, which was pretty annoying.
    I find it strange, because I'm convinced I typed the right numbers in the right boxes in EonTimer (removing 3 seconds from my target second since I'm in HG/SS) and I didn't have that problem when I did it in SS just a little bit over 1 hour ago. :/ Didn't get that problem in Platinum either.
    Maybe it's because I'm hitting the A button just a little bit too early, thus making the game choose a seed from a second earlier? Or is there a difference between the Japanese and English versions of HG/SS? (My SS is Japanese while my HG is English.)

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, it'd be appreciated if you could point it out :3
    I'm going to keep on trying, hopefully I don't get trolled too much and get the ID I want.
    for id abuse for 4th gen make sure to have the eon timer input 27 for the Target Seconds if you didn't do that...as well as make sure to match up your beeps correctly with your button hits cuaz if you miss one sec before or less you get a totally different id#...it took me like maybe 5 to 10 tries to hit my id i wanted...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

I already have EonTimer using the right Target Seconds (I told Seed To Time to use 3 seconds so that I could just put 0 as the target seconds), I did the exact same thing in SoulSilver and it worked without any problems.
    For some reason, HeartGold is giving me trouble when trying to do the same thing.
    As for matching up the beeps with my button hits... I don't think I'm hitting A one second earlier on accident.

I've tried changing what ID/SID combination I was trying to hit, in case the problems only applied to that specific combiation, but I had the same problem no matter what I was trying to get.
    I've just put HeartGold aside for now until I can figure out the problem, but thanks for trying to help.

Edit: I figured it out; Switching my seconds to 2 in Seed To Time and putting 0 in Target Sec. did the trick (basically telling EonTimer to use a Target Sec. of 2 less than the seconds in Seed To Time instead of 3 less.)
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 27th June 2013 at 8:28 PM.

It looks like Smogon is down again -anyway I was wondering if there was a good Entralink abuse guide that's specifically for BW2? I know that there's a few differences and that it's supposed to be easier in these versions.

Yeah, it was hacked again.

Anyway, in BW2, it just uses a standard IV seed on frame 25. The PIDRNG still advances at the same rate as BW1, but you no longer have the hassle of hitting your c-gear seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Yeah, it was hacked again.

Anyway, in BW2, it just uses a standard IV seed on frame 25. The PIDRNG still advances at the same rate as BW1, but you no longer have the hassle of hitting your c-gear seeds.
    dear god i needed to get on smogon too -_______________________- oh well anyone direct me to rnging dream radar rnging with a windows reporter? i don't pprng and i don't have mac...i finally got a 3ds and want to rng the therians but i want to practice on the little captures first...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 28th June 2013 at 2:19 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    dear god i needed to get on smogon too -_______________________- oh well anyone direct me to rnging dream radar rnging with a windows reporter? i don't pprng and i don't have mac...i finally got a 3ds and want to rng the therians but i want to practice on the little captures first...
    Yeah, RNGer Aaron wrote a great guide on how to RNG the DR using researcher and RNGr ... it's on Smogon though ... ... ... Yeah.

Alright so recently I've gotten back into RNGing and I've started abusing legends in the 4th gen. I caught a Shiny Impish Giratina with ease and moved on to my HG cart.
    A few months ago I RNGed the TID/SID combo in HG/SS/Pt to give me a few good shiny spreads. The first poke I decided to go after in HG is a Shiny Timid Kyogre. I entered my seed into the time finder and chose a date I liked with a reasonable delay. (my target delay is 1644)
    I entered my delay into the EonTimer and began RNGing. I get into the game and attempted to verify my delay/seed

Instead of doing traditional Elm calls (or juggler calls) I decided to do Roamer verification since its supposedly much quicker. This is where I am having major problems. Every time I input the location of my 3 roamers from the C-Gear map into the Reporter, it always tells me "no result". I've tried hitting my delay about 15 times and this happens every time. It obviously isn't me; I know how to hit delays, I can't be THAT far off.
    Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Am I doing Roamer Verification right?
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Alright so recently I've gotten back into RNGing and I've started abusing legends in the 4th gen. I caught a Shiny Impish Giratina with ease and moved on to my HG cart.
    A few months ago I RNGed the TID/SID combo in HG/SS/Pt to give me a few good shiny spreads. The first poke I decided to go after in HG is a Shiny Timid Kyogre. I entered my seed into the time finder and chose a date I liked with a reasonable delay. (my target delay is 1644)
    I entered my delay into the EonTimer and began RNGing. I get into the game and attempted to verify my delay/seed

Instead of doing traditional Elm calls (or juggler calls) I decided to do Roamer verification since its supposedly much quicker. This is where I am having major problems. Every time I input the location of my 3 roamers from the C-Gear map into the Reporter, it always tells me "no result". I've tried hitting my delay about 15 times and this happens every time. It obviously isn't me; I know how to hit delays, I can't be THAT far off.
    Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Am I doing Roamer Verification right?
    Roamer verification can be tricky. First, you need to save your game and mark down the location of the roamers after you saved it in Seed to Time. Then make sure to hit generate on top and on the bottom once you picked the day you want. (All basic stuff I would assume you already know/did, but just to cover the bases). This should yield accurate roamer locations. However, sometimes even when you enter in the information correctly the roamers can still be a different routs that what Seed to time sys. If you do all the steps right it shouldn't happen often, but I have had it happen to me a few times. If you are trying to do roamer verification and you do not get any results, switch toi Elm/Irwin calls to verify your seed.

Roamer verification can be tricky. First, you need to save your game and mark down the location of the roamers after you saved it in Seed to Time. Then make sure to hit generate on top and on the bottom once you picked the day you want. (All basic stuff I would assume you already know/did, but just to cover the bases). This should yield accurate roamer locations. However, sometimes even when you enter in the information correctly the roamers can still be a different routs that what Seed to time sys. If you do all the steps right it shouldn't happen often, but I have had it happen to me a few times. If you are trying to do roamer verification and you do not get any results, switch toi Elm/Irwin calls to verify your seed.
    I've done all that you've stated. Before starting, yet it still gives me no result.
    Problem is that my frame is kinda low, I have like 8 elm calls to make. Should that be enough to verify my seed?
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I've done all that you've stated. Before starting, yet it still gives me no result.
    Problem is that my frame is kinda low, I have like 8 elm calls to make. Should that be enough to verify my seed?
    That should be fine. It may not be enough to verify with certainty, but if the first 7 match up, just encounter the pokemon. If the first 7 do not match up, just keep calling to find how far off you were.

Yeah, RNGer Aaron wrote a great guide on how to RNG the DR using researcher and RNGr ... it's on Smogon though ... ... ... Yeah.
    dang i really wanted to look all the guides especially the emulator guides im actually might try 3rd gen emulator rnging but i don't know how thats gunna go when smogon on my side is still down...i hope it comes back up soon...i really want to learn >.> as well as the dream world stuff...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    dang i really wanted to look all the guides especially the emulator guides im actually might try 3rd gen emulator rnging but i don't know how thats gunna go when smogon on my side is still down...i hope it comes back up soon...i really want to learn >.> as well as the dream world stuff...
    I know but last time this happened it was only down for three days so hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

Anyway, I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on HG. I'm still a bit confused about how I'm supposed to hit both delays needed to get the shiny pokemon and flawless IVs. I think I'm supposed to do the following:

-Hit the delay for the PID frame
    -Advance the frames using Elm calls
    -Generate the egg
    -Save in front of the old man and turn of the game
    -Start up the game again and hit the delay for the IVs
    -Advance the frames by using Joey calls
    -Collect the egg

Is this right? Or have I misunderstood something?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 1st July 2013 at 6:15 AM.

hello there.
    i have got a problem with the new version of rng reporter (9.96.5). every time i want to start it, it immediately crashes. version 9.95 works absolutely fine. my computer runs on windows 7, 32-bit version. i already tried to uninstall and reinstall .net framework, as recommended by a user with the same problem in this thread, but that didn't work for me. does anyone know what to do? please help!!

edit: i solved the problem. there was an xml-file "rngreporter.exe.xml" in the folder which contains settings for rng reporter. it seems to be from an older installation. i removed the file, and the rng reporter startet. maybe this is helpful for anyone with the same problem.
    Last edited by DareDevin; 2nd July 2013 at 1:32 PM. Reason: problem solved

hello Pokemon people i need help rnging in Pokemon black 2. so far i have been able to rng stationary Pokemon with successful results but now i want to rng wild pokemon but when i click on the encounter table for black 2 instead of telling the name of the area it says location and some random numbers and letters but back in the 1st black version it would say the name of the area like abundant shrine. is this just because of a lack of update or is there some sort of way to know what area location 1 location 2-A and ect is? please HELP ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I know but last time this happened it was only down for three days so hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

Anyway, I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on HG. I'm still a bit confused about how I'm supposed to hit both delays needed to get the shiny pokemon and flawless IVs. I think I'm supposed to do the following:

-Hit the delay for the PID frame
    -Advance the frames using Elm calls
    -Generate the egg
    -Save in front of the old man and turn of the game
    -Start up the game again and hit the delay for the IVs
    -Advance the frames by using Joey calls
    -Collect the egg

Is this right? Or have I misunderstood something?
    For the PIDRNG you really should just use a frame of 1. It is really easy to find a low delay on frame 1 that matches all of your criteria so there really is no need to use a frame any higher. If you want to use a higher frame, however, you can either call Joey or reject the egg. For example, if you want to use an egg frame of 3, you could either call Joey once (make sure he isn't waiting to rebattle you and remember that Joey will advance the RNGs by 2 frames, not one) and then generate the egg, or you can generate the egg, reject the first egg, generate the second egg, reject the second egg, and generate the third egg. That will be the egg you save and collect. It is recommended that you hatch the egg first to verify that iut is shiny, right ability, nature, gender, etc, that way you don't waste time hitting an IV delay to realize you missed the PID, but that isn't necessary.

As for the IVs, the process is the same. Hit delay, verify using Elm calls (Joey calls will work, but bear in mind that they advance the frame by 2, not 1, and they cannot be verified like Elm/Irwin calls can) collect egg and hope that one NPC didn't screw you over. Also, bear in mind that because of that one NPC, your starting frame might be higher. It is advisable you use a frame of 10+ for IVs so you have enough frames to verify your seed without passing your frame.

That's about it, pretty straightforward once you can hit a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by zX-vindictive-Xz View Post
    hello Pokemon people i need help rnging in Pokemon black 2. so far i have been able to rng stationary Pokemon with successful results but now i want to rng wild pokemon but when i click on the encounter table for black 2 instead of telling the name of the area it says location and some random numbers and letters but back in the 1st black version it would say the name of the area like abundant shrine. is this just because of a lack of update or is there some sort of way to know what area location 1 location 2-A and ect is? please HELP ME!
    There is an updated version on Smogon ... but that isn't really an option at the moment. What I do is just find the pokemon I want and check the locations on Serebii's pokedex. For example, say you want a Magnemite and you see that they are catchable at locations 46 and 47. Go to the dex and go to the detailed page of Magnemuite locations (it looks like this) and you see the areas Magnemite is available are Virbank complex inside and outside. To find which is 46 and which is 47 you would go back to the encounter table and look at the levels. Location 46 has a lvl 10 and lvl 11 Magnemite and location 47 has a lvl 10 and lvl 12 Magenmite. Since the dex says Magnemite can only be caught at lvl 12 in the insiode portion of Virbank Complex, you now know location 46 us Virbank Complex outside and location 47 is Virbank Complex Inside. Ergo, Magnemite is on slots 3 and 7 for the outside portion of Virbank Complex (location 46) and slots 1 and 7 for the inside portion (location 47).

This may not always work with all locations, but you should be able to find one location for each pokemon, if not all of the locations, this way.

Hi Guys

Well I'm panicking about having the time to pick up all the Arceus I have sitting in various DW accounts before they take it down and I can't get them out. So I've set myself up to RNG them and I forgot just how hard entralink RNg really is
    Plus as smogon is down I can't even reference the guide!! So can someone remind me how to use the eontimer (ie at which points do I press buttons etc on the 3 stage timer?)
    As far as I remember, I start the timer at the same time I set my DS clock which is x minutes before my desired seed (x being the number eontimer tells me), this timer should finish at the time my Nature seed is so I press my relevant buttons and hit A to start game at that exact moment (if it's a little off I go by the Nature seed time). This starts the 2nd timer, now here's where I forget . . do I get to the menu to enter game and wait there til 2nd timer finishes then press A to enter game letting the c-gear turn on? This starts the 3rd timer at which point I am in game and get to the point where it says x warped to the entralink, I now wait and as 3rd timer finishes I hit A to go in, then catch my Arceus, check it's IV's to see how far off I was and adjust eontimer accordingly etc etc.

Someone please confirm, Thanks
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Page 278 of 286 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 ... LastLast