Page 284 of 287 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

I would try to focus on one of them i actually like my roamers out while i rng so i can tell if i hit my beeps right to be honest...i normally rng them last but to answer for your question just focus on one which is entei for now which the others will be helpful to see if you hit your delay you need to use the elm/irwin calls...

Just a quick question, does anyone now if you can still upload Battle Video's once the B/W Global Link shut down?
    Reason I ask is that I use this method to find my SIDs and I want to know if I'm still going to be able to.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Why don't you just upload Pokémon to the Pokécheck GTS to find out your SID instead of relying on Battle Videos?
    Besides, the Global Terminal/GTS servers don't run off the Global Link servers, and even if they were to shut down the Global Link/GTS servers, we would still be able to connect to the Pokécheck GTS to upload/download Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Why don't you just upload Pokémon to the Pokécheck GTS to find out your SID instead of relying on Battle Videos?
    Besides, the Global Terminal/GTS servers don't run off the Global Link servers, and even if they were to shut down the Global Link/GTS servers, we would still be able to connect to the Pokécheck GTS to upload/download Pokémon.
    Unfortunately I've never been able to upload to Pokecheck, had issues with changing the DNS number etc.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Sorry for bumping a slightly old thread, but this appears to be the best place for this message.

I know that everyone is probably focused on X and Y at the moment (and rightly so, they're great!), but I expect there are still some people who are doing RNG stuff for Gen 5 games.

------

It's been too long in coming -- especially now that X and Y are here -- but PPRNG has finally made its way to iOS.

https://itunes.apple...95928?ls=1&mt=8

Here is a short list of some of the differences between PPRNG for Mac OS X and PPRNG for iOS.

1. PPRNG for iOS currently only supports Generation 5 games (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2).
    2. PPRNG for iOS is a free download, but it only initially includes basic functionality to allow you to calibrate your DS and perform searches for stationary encounters. All other functionalities are unlocked via low-cost In-App Purchases.
    3. PPRNG for iOS allows you to interrupt a search at any time and come back to it later, with all progress and partial results saved. Past searches and results are also saved automatically.
    4. PPRNG for iOS includes dex and location data, as well as an IV calculator. No more needing to know which ability is ability 0, or which encounter slot a Pokemon appears in for a given location. Calculated IVs are automatically filled in for calibration and adjacent seed searches.
    5. PPRNG for iOS does not display absolute frame numbers. It displays the number of frame advancements required after taking the starting frame into account. It of course cannot take into account frame advancements due to NPC movement.
    6. PPRNG for iOS has more up-to-date support for WonderCards than the current Mac OS X version.
    7. PPRNG for iOS is going to run slower than the Mac OS X version because it is running on your phone. On an iPhone 5, it runs slightly slower than on my 2008 MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor). WonderCard searches are by far the slowest and I am currently working to optimize them where possible.

The currently available In-App Purchase functionalities are:

• Full Encounter Support - All currently supported encounter types available for searching
    • WonderCard Seed Search and Inspection
    • Breeding Seed Search and Inspection (Black and White only)
    • Dream Radar Seed Search and Inspection (Black 2 and White 2 only)

Additional functionalities such as Trainer ID abuse are in the works.

I wish I could have gotten this out sooner, but life doesn't always work out as we like. ;-)
    Still, I hope people enjoy it and find it useful for the remaining regional competitions which use Black 2 / White 2, and also once the ability to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 games to X and Y opens at the end of the year.
    RNG Abuse for Mac and iOS Users: PPRNG

Quote Originally Posted by chiizu View Post
    Sorry for bumping a slightly old thread, but this appears to be the best place for this message.

I know that everyone is probably focused on X and Y at the moment (and rightly so, they're great!), but I expect there are still some people who are doing RNG stuff for Gen 5 games.

------

It's been too long in coming -- especially now that X and Y are here -- but PPRNG has finally made its way to iOS.
    Oh man I can finally RNG abuse on the go. Thanks chiizu!

Haven't done anything RNG-wise in a long time. I have so many legends backed up. Does anyone know if I can use RNG Reporter for Dream Radar abuse yet?

You can. It isn't directly supported but there it's a guide written by RNGer Aaron that details the process. It had been out for over a year now and many people have RNGed the DR using it. I dont have the guide on hand because I'm on my phone at school but ill see if i have it when i get home.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 29th October 2013 at 7:29 PM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Here's a link to the Dream Radar guide from a few pages back in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    It's possible to RNG the Dream Radar but all the guides aside from this one by RNGer Arron are for PPRNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Here's a link to the Dream Radar guide from a few pages back in this thread:
    Ninja'd!

That's the only guide I know of out there for DR RNG abuse and it is really good. I used it and so has anyone else who RNGed DR pokemon with RNGr.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 29th October 2013 at 9:12 PM.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

So a primary objective for a lot of Gen 6 players is to obtain a perfect ditto. I know that this is possible in Gen 5 but I have never manipulated the RNG before and have seen many guides but what I get caught up on many of the details not mentioned in these guides. I was wondering if I could find a way to talk with an RNGer to hash out these issues I've been having and also so that I might be able to teach my friends some of the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr42 View Post
    So a primary objective for a lot of Gen 6 players is to obtain a perfect ditto. I know that this is possible in Gen 5 but I have never manipulated the RNG before and have seen many guides but what I get caught up on many of the details not mentioned in these guides. I was wondering if I could find a way to talk with an RNGer to hash out these issues I've been having and also so that I might be able to teach my friends some of the basics.
    That's what this thread is for =) Just post any questions you have about gen 5 or 4 RNG and we will be happy to help if we can.

Hi everyone!

I decided to go back and play Platinum again, and I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID that works with the Cute Charm glitch. I've tried for the one in the Smogon tutorial (20101/20101) and another on the list when I couldn't achieve that one. Oddly enough, I'm coping with the technical side of RNG just fine, and I've hatched plenty of shiny eggs on my Diamond file using the method that doesn't require Eontimer.

Basically, Eontimer doesn't give me enough time to reach the screen I need to press A at when the second beep sounds. In Platinum specifically I find it going off as my trainer starts to shrink, even when I give myself a shorter name than I wanted, and don't nickname the rival anything custom (just pick Barry fast as possible). I'm holding A and mashing B just as the guide says. I follow the guide and enter the delay I hit into Eontimer but it still doesn't give me more time. I'm guessing this is because Eontimer is assuming I hit that delay when the beep went off, but in reality it was just me mashing and hitting it after I was supposed to because I couldn't reach it!

If someone can help me, I'd be really grateful xx
    Last edited by Skavani; 22nd November 2013 at 1:18 PM. Reason: Make post more presentable

Quote Originally Posted by Skavani View Post
    Hi everyone!

I decided to go back and play Platinum again, and I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID that works with the Cute Charm glitch. I've tried for the one in the Smogon tutorial (20101/20101) and another on the list when I couldn't achieve that one. Oddly enough, I'm coping with the technical side of RNG just fine, and I've hatched plenty of shiny eggs on my Diamond file using the method that doesn't require Eontimer.

Basically, Eontimer doesn't give me enough time to reach the screen I need to press A at when the second beep sounds. In Platinum specifically I find it going off as my trainer starts to shrink, even when I give myself a shorter name than I wanted, and don't nickname the rival anything custom (just pick Barry fast as possible). I'm holding A and mashing B just as the guide says. I follow the guide and enter the delay I hit into Eontimer but it still doesn't give me more time. I'm guessing this is because Eontimer is assuming I hit that delay when the beep went off, but in reality it was just me mashing and hitting it after I was supposed to because I couldn't reach it!

If someone can help me, I'd be really grateful xx
    You need to use a relatively long delay for ID abuse on gen 4, 5500+ was the recommendation for platinum iirc. It sounds like your target delay is just too low.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You need to use a relatively long delay for ID abuse on gen 4, 5500+ was the recommendation for platinum iirc. It sounds like your target delay is just too low.
    Yes, the one given was only 5100ish, and I think the example game was Diamond, or Pearl. So, if I understand you correctly, if I try for a delay of 6000ish I should be able to reach the screen where I need to wait to press A...and actually be able to wait, right?

Thank you for replying so fast anyway, I'll try this shortly and hopefully get back to you with a success story! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Skavani View Post
    Yes, the one given was only 5100ish, and I think the example game was Diamond, or Pearl. So, if I understand you correctly, if I try for a delay of 6000ish I should be able to reach the screen where I need to wait to press A...and actually be able to wait, right?

Thank you for replying so fast anyway, I'll try this shortly and hopefully get back to you with a success story! xx
    5100 is definitely too low for Platinum. 6000+ should give you ample time to name yourself and anything else you may want to do and still get to the screen in time.

I could kiss you! xD

I was working with a delay of 6018, and was immediately able to hit the button on the second timer - shortly after that I was able to consistently get within 6 of the delay, and just now I achieved my TID/SID of 59993/59993!

It feels incredible to finally get this right, and now I think I can actually RNG on Diamond, choosing bigger delays than I was going for before. I was trying to RNG trophy garden Eevee and struggling to get to the second beep there too. I can try again!

Thank you again! *hug*

In B/W setup for the RNG Reporter, how do you tell the app what Pokémon you are looking for/ what map you are looking for?

You don't. You use the encounter tables to see what pokemon are in what slot and where. So, if you want to RNG an Eeveee, you would go to the encounter tables and find where Eevee is. You see that Eevee is slot 9 and 11 in Castilia Park. You search for a seed that has the right nature, ability, gender, and shininess with an encounter slot of 9 or 11. RNG Reporter doesn't know what pokemon you are going to RNG, but it doesn't matter, if you have a hexflawless seed with slot 1, you can use that seed anywhere in the game, so RNGr just tells you the basic info and you can use it wherever and however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You don't. You use the encounter tables to see what pokemon are in what slot and where. So, if you want to RNG an Eeveee, you would go to the encounter tables and find where Eevee is. You see that Eevee is slot 9 and 11 in Castilia Park. You search for a seed that has the right nature, ability, gender, and shininess with an encounter slot of 9 or 11. RNG Reporter doesn't know what pokemon you are going to RNG, but it doesn't matter, if you have a hexflawless seed with slot 1, you can use that seed anywhere in the game, so RNGr just tells you the basic info and you can use it wherever and however you want.
    Ah, thanks. That was frustrating me a lot.

I notice sometimes in the game when I change direction on a tile but don't leave the tile, I still get attacked by a pokemon. Does this count as a step? And if so, do I simply have to try to be super careful when moving around an area when trying to increase the frame?

Also, I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto. I have results I can use, but I have fog in the plains blocking my sweet scenting. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I brought a pokemon who knew defog, but it didn't work. But I know the place can be fog-free, because I have seen the fog disappear on random occasions and have had sweet scent work afterward. I'm just having trouble figuring out the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaewok1 View Post
    I notice sometimes in the game when I change direction on a tile but don't leave the tile, I still get attacked by a pokemon. Does this count as a step? And if so, do I simply have to try to be super careful when moving around an area when trying to increase the frame?

Also, I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto. I have results I can use, but I have fog in the plains blocking my sweet scenting. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I brought a pokemon who knew defog, but it didn't work. But I know the place can be fog-free, because I have seen the fog disappear on random occasions and have had sweet scent work afterward. I'm just having trouble figuring out the mechanic.
    Try to aim for an IV frame of 1 so you don't have to advance the IVRNG. Walking in an area that generates pokemon also advances the PIDRNG so if you have to advance the IVRNG your PID frame will be off. If you still want to do so, use repels .

To clear any weather: Get into a battle > save game > set clock 1 month ahead > get into another battle > weather is gone > save game > weather stays away until you leave the area.

Thanks for the help so far. I got rid of the fog. I figured out I can just save the game to advance the frame. I'm hitting my seed, because I check the date, time (including seconds), and Timer0, but I am not getting the pokemon or stats I want. I checked my MAC address, and it's correct. And yes, I know that there are two Timer0 variables that fluctuate, but I hit the right one and it is not the pokemon I'm looking for, nor is it flawless like it should be.Flawless_ditto1.jpg

Second pic:Flawless_ditto2.jpg The pokemon I'm seeing is a lv. 53 Metang. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Archaewok1 View Post
    Thanks for the help so far. I got rid of the fog. I figured out I can just save the game to advance the frame. I'm hitting my seed, because I check the date, time (including seconds), and Timer0, but I am not getting the pokemon or stats I want. I checked my MAC address, and it's correct. And yes, I know that there are two Timer0 variables that fluctuate, but I hit the right one and it is not the pokemon I'm looking for, nor is it flawless like it should be.Flawless_ditto1.jpg
    You're using an IV frame of 3, so you need to walk 128 steps with 2 pokemon in your party to advance the IVRNG, then advance the PIDRNG to your Target Frame and get into a battle.

If you did all of that and still missed the pokemon then the only possibility is you missed your seed, most likely due to Timer0 fluctuation. You can use Chatot pitches to verify if you hit your seed or not,

Hello, first time posting. I was wondering if anyone could hep me RNG my TID (don't care about SID) in Pokemon Pearl using PPRNG. RNG Reporter is currently not working on my PC and I can't seem to find a fix, so I must use PPRNG. However, there are no guides that I can find so I was wondering if anyone here had any info. I have experience in RNG for everything else, and even RNG my TID in W2, so it shouldn't be too difficult, I just don't know the process for 4th gen (Pearl, specifically). Thanks in advance for any info.

Page 284 of 287 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287 LastLast