Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Anyone here know how to rng if so can you do some Pokemon for me please

My friend is having problems RNG'ing RNG DW Pokemon. All of the parameters and what-not are fine but he keeps hitting IV spreads that are not on the supposed C-Gear seed he hit.

Signature by myself.

Hello! This is my first post on here, and for the last couple of days I have been trying to RNG 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid (not shiny) Latios on Pokemon black 2, with no luck. I am new to RNG, so I am probably doing something wrong, but I have a question.
    How are timer0's calculated? Is it calculated with your chosen seed? Or just per wild pokemon? I am getting 3 timer0's consistently. Over the 10 times I tried I got 167F x3 1680 x4 and 1688 x3. I know that would seem like I'd use 1680, but everytime I search for a seed and hit it, the Latios has the wrong IV's. I know it's likely I've been timer0 trolled, but I'd like to know if you could just spam the Latios consistently hitting the right seed until the timer0 matches up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockiegengar12 View Post
    Hello! This is my first post on here, and for the last couple of days I have been trying to RNG 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid (not shiny) Latios on Pokemon black 2, with no luck. I am new to RNG, so I am probably doing something wrong, but I have a question.
    How are timer0's calculated? Is it calculated with your chosen seed? Or just per wild pokemon? I am getting 3 timer0's consistently. Over the 10 times I tried I got 167F x3 1680 x4 and 1688 x3. I know that would seem like I'd use 1680, but everytime I search for a seed and hit it, the Latios has the wrong IV's. I know it's likely I've been timer0 trolled, but I'd like to know if you could just spam the Latios consistently hitting the right seed until the timer0 matches up. Thank you.
    The Timer0 value is selected after you hit "a" to launch the game and before the Nintendo logo pops up. It is set once the game is loaded and won't change until you restart the game. So, if you miss the Timer0, you just have to try again. If this is your first time RNGing this can quickly get frustrating as it seems like you might be doing something wrong, but B/W2 just have a high amount of Timer0 values (even more if you are using a 3DS) and it can take awhile to get the right one. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, so just keep at it and eventually you will hit your seed =)

On a side note, you can use chatot pitches to verify your seed and know if you hit the seed or not before even battling Latios. Just record an audible chatter then listen to it and see if the pitch is high, medium, or low compared to the base recorded sound. It will take some time before you can recognize the difference in the pitches, but once you get it down it will make RNGing easier.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

EDIT*** Problem solved I did not enter my Secret ID

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

Hello.

I am new to RNG and thought I had it figured out but am having some problems. I am trying to get a shiny Ralts with perfect IVs except for attack. I have my DS parameters set, entered all the information, reset my DS, use chatter to find the frame and hatch the Pokemon but it is not shiny. Using Pokecheck I have confirmed that the PIDs match and all the stats and characteristics match except my Pokemon is not shiny. I have found this with two other attempts.

I have included links below of screenshots and am wondering if I am not reading/using the RNGReporter correctly (a huge possibility) or if I am and the RNGReporter (version 9.96.5) has some bugs? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Toptechie4; 13th January 2014 at 3:40 AM.
    Friend Code: 4914-4284-1684

Character Name: Pokemon X - Top X

Friend Safari Ice (Delibird, Bergmite, and Piloswine)

Quote Originally Posted by Toptechie4 View Post
    EDIT*** Problem solved I did not enter my Secret ID

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

Hello.

I am new to RNG and thought I had it figured out but am having some problems. I am trying to get a shiny Ralts with perfect IVs except for attack. I have my DS parameters set, entered all the information, reset my DS, use chatter to find the frame and hatch the Pokemon but it is not shiny. Using Pokecheck I have confirmed that the PIDs match and all the stats and characteristics match except my Pokemon is not shiny. I have found this with two other attempts.

I have included links below of screenshots and am wondering if I am not reading/using the RNGReporter correctly (a huge possibility) or if I am and the RNGReporter (version 9.96.5) has some bugs? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Im not sure what is going on but i got a question to ask you
    1.) are you going for a hidden ability or trace ability?
    2.) what are your parents if you are using ditto you need to check the box for ditto if your using it
    3.) did you find your starting frame for correct chattering for example you need to find the frame it starts at for the first hatch which is usually after the first two of the starting pid frame so if your starting frame is 49 so two after that is the frame of 51 so from 51 thru 55 could be your starting frame so if it was 55 you would take 77-55 to get your chatot chatters.

i have 9.96.5 Beta and it works fine which i rng breed all the time on my black and have no problems but i do troll myself hitting the wrong time alot XD sometimes i notice some frames that are farther away have the same frame as the shiny as well as you may be hitting the wrong time which some other times may have the same pid frame as the shiny of the target frame on a different second. Im not sure what is the problem :/ Im trying to cover as much as i think it could be >.<

They were having issues RNGing, but before anyone could help they noticed that their ID combo was missing from their profile. They figured it out already

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    They were having issues RNGing, but before anyone could help they noticed that their ID combo was missing from their profile. They figured it out already
    hahaha well that is good cuaz i was not sure but im glad they figured it out XD I seriously couldn't really figure out what the problem was since the other part of the reporter was missing XD

I have a very odd problem. Okay, background, I've been RNG'ing legendaries for quite some time now, and I've RNG'ed my fair share of Gen 4 pokemon and tried my hand at RNG'ing wild pokemon. It's the usual: find seed, get time, pray to the DS that the right Timer0 pops up, then Chatot pitches. Now, here's the weird thing. My aim is a quin flawless Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It is located on Frame 112. I begin at around frame 60 and I work from there. I stop switching Chatots at frame 112. I SS and it is a non-shiny Joltik with the right IV's. Upon further inspection, my frame had advanced. By 1110 frames. I stopped at Frame 112 and arrived at frame 1222 somehow. I know this is what is happening as I was actually able to reproduce the random frame advance by 1110 frames.

I just want to know if this is common (from all the guides I've checked, it is not) or if anyone has had any experience with this kind of problem. I'd be much better knowing, if not how to alleviate the random frame advance, at least if the sudden advance is consistent enough for me to use.
    IGN: Calem
    Friend Code: 0232-9015-0505
    Y Safari Pokemon: Pansear, Slugma, Ninetales

Shiny Charm obtained as of 4/14/14. This makes me wish there were 14 months in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by KoRayven View Post
    I have a very odd problem. Okay, background, I've been RNG'ing legendaries for quite some time now, and I've RNG'ed my fair share of Gen 4 pokemon and tried my hand at RNG'ing wild pokemon. It's the usual: find seed, get time, pray to the DS that the right Timer0 pops up, then Chatot pitches. Now, here's the weird thing. My aim is a quin flawless Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It is located on Frame 112. I begin at around frame 60 and I work from there. I stop switching Chatots at frame 112. I SS and it is a non-shiny Joltik with the right IV's. Upon further inspection, my frame had advanced. By 1110 frames. I stopped at Frame 112 and arrived at frame 1222 somehow. I know this is what is happening as I was actually able to reproduce the random frame advance by 1110 frames.

I just want to know if this is common (from all the guides I've checked, it is not) or if anyone has had any experience with this kind of problem. I'd be much better knowing, if not how to alleviate the random frame advance, at least if the sudden advance is consistent enough for me to use.
    There is nothing in the game that can advance the PIDRNG over 1000 frames like that except rain, which isn't an issue inside a cave. Unless you turned on the C-gear and just stood there, the frame probably didn't actually advance 1110 frames. Are you sure you counted right? Got the right ID combo entered into reporter? Did the nature, gender, ability, and pokemon match up to any closer frames?

There is nothing in the game that can advance the PIDRNG over 1000 frames like that except rain, which isn't an issue inside a cave. Unless you turned on the C-gear and just stood there, the frame probably didn't actually advance 1110 frames. Are you sure you counted right? Got the right ID combo entered into reporter? Did the nature, gender, ability, and pokemon match up to any closer frames?
    I am as thoroughly confused as you are. I've done numerous RNG's for nearly every stationary legendary in W2 so I know the ID/SID combo is correct, and even if it wasn't correct, that does not explain the random frame I keep getting. IIRC, Frame 112 is synch Quiet Ability 0 Male at encounter slot 0, while Frame 1222 is non-synch Bold Ability 0 Female at encounter slot 6, which is what I got. In fact, Frame 1222 is the ONLY non-synch Bold Female at encounter slot 6 within three thousand frames. That is why I am so sure it advanced 1110 frames as the alternatives are that it advanced by three THOUSAND frames or more.

As for the other things. Chargestone Cave, near Mistralton entrance (I don't think it is possible for the WNPS to affect me there), not raining, C-gear off. Heck, I even checked to see if it is a location based problem and I tried going to the basement of Chargestone Cave. No dice. I've tried a new seed and I'm still getting gigantic random frame advances. I'll record the data to see if it is a consistent 1110. At least then I can accomplish something.

Shiny Charm obtained as of 4/14/14. This makes me wish there were 14 months in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by KoRayven View Post
    I am as thoroughly confused as you are. I've done numerous RNG's for nearly every stationary legendary in W2 so I know the ID/SID combo is correct, and even if it wasn't correct, that does not explain the random frame I keep getting. IIRC, Frame 112 is synch Quiet Ability 0 Male at encounter slot 0, while Frame 1222 is non-synch Bold Ability 0 Female at encounter slot 6, which is what I got. In fact, Frame 1222 is the ONLY non-synch Bold Female at encounter slot 6 within three thousand frames. That is why I am so sure it advanced 1110 frames as the alternatives are that it advanced by three THOUSAND frames or more.

As for the other things. Chargestone Cave, near Mistralton entrance (I don't think it is possible for the WNPS to affect me there), not raining, C-gear off. Heck, I even checked to see if it is a location based problem and I tried going to the basement of Chargestone Cave. No dice. I've tried a new seed and I'm still getting gigantic random frame advances. I'll record the data to see if it is a consistent 1110. At least then I can accomplish something.
    I'm pretty sure there are NPCs in Chargestone cave, but that is beside the point as they won't move the frame by 1110. Catch the pokemon you get and upload it to pokecheck. Find the PID in the main window of RNGr and see what frame you actually hit. You might accidently have a Bold Sync up front and didn't realize it or something, but once you find the PID you hit you will know exactly what frame you are on.

I'm pretty sure there are NPCs in Chargestone cave, but that is beside the point as they won't move the frame by 1110. Catch the pokemon you get and upload it to pokecheck. Find the PID in the main window of RNGr and see what frame you actually hit. You might accidently have a Bold Sync up front and didn't realize it or something, but once you find the PID you hit you will know exactly what frame you are on.
    Synch's Timid, 100% sure of that, and I'm at the Mistralton entrance with no visible NPCs nearby. Maybe the NPCs outside the cave advance it, I don't know. What I do know is the frame I hit by the process of elimination. The parameters involving the pokemon I got state that, at minimum, it is at Frame 1222. The results are consistent with hitting Frame 1222, and the next viable frame implies I hit Frame ~10k. The Chatot pitches matched perfectly meaning I hit the right seed, the pitch start is similar to the aforementioned seed's starting pitch obtained during calibration, and I advanced the ~60 frames I needed to hit the right frame. Exactly that. I stopped at the pitch right before the frame I wished to hit. I cannot use pokecheck for at least two weeks (using a broadband currently) so I cannot verify the PID. However, I keep referring to Frame 1222 as the frame I hit as it is the most generous available option as the alternatives are far, far more ridiculous.

Besides that, I doubt the NPC, or the weather or whatnot have anything to do with the sudden frame advance. I am RNGing a wild shiny. Apart from the brief time I spend mashing Y, there should be zero time for outside factors to advance my frame, and even then, I should be able to account for it during the Chatot pitches. So, the frame advance MUST occur either during the Sweet Scent animation, or that the aforementioned outside factors advanced my frame while on the Pokemon screen.

I'm not as experienced as you dewey, but please assume that at the very least I know what I am doing. Even if I had a Bold Synchonizer (I did not and it was Bold despite a Timid Synchronizer which narrowed down the possibilities even more) the frames still would've somehow advanced past my target. The problem is consistent even in different locations (I should've added that before. I hit that exact frame three times, twice two steps away from the Mistralton entrance, and once at Chargestone's B3 at the farthest corner south the stairs). I don't think it is a matter random anything advancing the frames, as I have consistently hit that exact seed while changing my own location. I did everything exactly the same, except in a completely different location, and STILL hit that exact, same frame.

NPCs can advance the PIDRNG even if they are not on screen. If the map is very large then NPCs far away will not advance the PIDRNG, but there are very few places this pertains to, and as far as I know Chargestone cave is not one of them. If I recall correctly the only area in Chargestone cave that did not have NPCs was BF2 in B/W, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This is on a retail game cart I assume yes? There really is nothing that I am aware of that could advance the PIDRNG so many frames like that so there has to be something going on somewhere.

NPCs can advance the PIDRNG even if they are not on screen. If the map is very large then NPCs far away will not advance the PIDRNG, but there are very few places this pertains to, and as far as I know Chargestone cave is not one of them. If I recall correctly the only area in Chargestone cave that did not have NPCs was BF2 in B/W, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This is on a retail game cart I assume yes? There really is nothing that I am aware of that could advance the PIDRNG so many frames like that so there has to be something going on somewhere.
    Yes, retail, US copy. Anyway, I've gotten my shiny Joltiks (Synch didn't work for some reason though it said it would). Through repeated checks, I've determined that my frame increases by a constant amount per frame, but the amount is not at all consistent across the board. In one case, I aimed for frame 89, and found my frame advanced by 5. Therefore, I set my target frame to 84. I hit frame 85. Aimed for frame 85, hit frame 88. Only when I aimed for frame 86 did I reach my target frame. Again, the frame advanced were universally consistent no matter what I did. I tried frame 84 twice to check for consistency, and both times hit frame 85. Same with 89 and 88.

As for the location, IIRC the frame does not advance while in the menu screen, which freezes everything in place. Even using an overworld move shouldn't advance the frame until the end of the move when the freeze stops, right? To add to that, shouldn't the frame advance be consistent given how I did my absolute best to replicate each iteration?

To whit, can you please explain whether or not the PIDRNG can advance while on the menu screen or while Sweet Scenting? Most of my research on my problem says that I should hit the frame then Sweet Scent. What exactly do you do when you try to RNG Wild pokemon, dewey? These would answer so many questions about my problem.
    Last edited by KoRayven; 17th January 2014 at 6:16 AM. Reason: added info

Yeah, that's just NPCs then. Chargestone cave has an obnoxious number of them and I had the exact same problem when I RNGed a few wild pokemon there. The NPC movement seems to be controlled by the PIDRNG, so if you stop on frame 84 the NPCs will move a certain way and advance the frame, but stopping on frame 85 may make them move another ay and give a different number of advancements. In this fashion you get consistent frame advancements for each PID frame you hit (as in, frame 84 will always advance by 6) but a different number of advancements for a different frame (so that frame 84 will alwaysbe off byt 6, but frame 83 may always be off by 3.) This is most notable when you are in an area like Chargestone cave that has several NPCs there.

As for the sync not working, iirc that is an error in RNGr where the frame before yout target is the frame that determines the nature. If you target frame was 84, frame 83 would have to be syncable for sync to activate. It's a known bug that hasn;t been fixed yet as far as I know.

Yeah, that's just NPCs then. Chargestone cave has an obnoxious number of them and I had the exact same problem when I RNGed a few wild pokemon there. The NPC movement seems to be controlled by the PIDRNG, so if you stop on frame 84 the NPCs will move a certain way and advance the frame, but stopping on frame 85 may make them move another ay and give a different number of advancements. In this fashion you get consistent frame advancements for each PID frame you hit (as in, frame 84 will always advance by 6) but a different number of advancements for a different frame (so that frame 84 will alwaysbe off byt 6, but frame 83 may always be off by 3.) This is most notable when you are in an area like Chargestone cave that has several NPCs there.

As for the sync not working, iirc that is an error in RNGr where the frame before yout target is the frame that determines the nature. If you target frame was 84, frame 83 would have to be syncable for sync to activate. It's a known bug that hasn;t been fixed yet as far as I know.
    Finally! Thank you so much for that bit of info. I was operating under the assumption that RNG was bug-free. With this in mind, though, it is likely that in the earlier complaint (where 112 turned to 1222) instead of frame 1222, it is more likely I hit 115 (which is Bold and synchronizable but with a non-sync frame before it) and bumped into that bug.

I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.

EDIT: Another question, sorry! So if I want a pokemon with the same IVs, butI caught a pokemon on that seed, could I set the time back and use it again?
    POCKET MONSTER HD HAS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever dreamed build your unique Monster team like Pokemon on your mobile phone?Here is a mobile game simlar to the pokemon!
    Join me! play together!
    I believe if you love Pokemon, you will love this game! clicke here to download
    http://pm.teebik.com

Enter my invite code 2O7U1! and add me(user name is tonnychen001) in game, You will recieve a huge gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonnychen View Post
    I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.

EDIT: Another question, sorry! So if I want a pokemon with the same IVs, butI caught a pokemon on that seed, could I set the time back and use it again?
    The "another seed" thing is most likely Timer0, don't worry about it too much, just make sure the one your seed is for is your most common one. There are 2 values in B/W1, and more than that in B/W2 but the maximum varies depending on your DS model (don't quote me on this though, I'm not 100% sure).

And yes, reusing a seed is fair game in any game you can RNG in.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Hey guys, so this is my first foray into Entralink RNG, and I want to RNG the Arceus from a few years ago. I still haven't claimed it.

Anyway, I'm using this guide, using PPRNG in VMWare Workstation and EonTimer in my Windows OS. I'm stuck at "Timer Setup". How exactly do I find my target delay and my target seconds? My actual delay is 14290 and my target seconds is 43.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Hey guys, so this is my first foray into Entralink RNG, and I want to RNG the Arceus from a few years ago. I still haven't claimed it.

Anyway, I'm using this guide, using PPRNG in VMWare Workstation and EonTimer in my Windows OS. I'm stuck at "Timer Setup". How exactly do I find my target delay and my target seconds? My actual delay is 14290 and my target seconds is 43.
    I thought entralink is dead now cuaz 5th gen dream world doesn't work im not sure if some correct me please that entralink rngs cuaz I am not sure i remember someone saying they had to get all there mons out before they shut down >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    I thought entralink is dead now cuaz 5th gen dream world doesn't work im not sure if some correct me please that entralink rngs cuaz I am not sure i remember someone saying they had to get all there mons out before they shut down >.>
    It's not dead; it's more that you can't get anything new without entralink editing. But plenty of people have stuff still in their entralinks.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    Yeah, I checked my W1 Entralink and I still have Arceus. Anyway, I figured it out: EonTimer automatically does it for me.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

This MIGHT be off topic and people probably don't look here anymore but heh, might as well post it here anyway, since the shoutbox on Pokecheck is down.

With the shut down of WiFi for the DS/Wii software imminent, I decided I needed to go back and re-obtain the TID/SID combos for all of my 4th/5th gen games. (I'm an idiot and didn't keep track of them). I am using one DS lite for this (I abuse most of my pokes on this DS). I have two internet connections at my house (One is a 4G home router from Verizon, it has a 30 GB data limit and is password encrypted. I'm fairly certain it's not compatible with my DS software. The second connection is the one I use for gaming. It's a Verizon 3G Unlimited USB router hooked up to a Cradlepoint WiFi modem. It is not encrypted. In the past I would use this connection to hook up to pokecheck.)

Long story short, I can't hook up to Pokecheck anymore. I ran the tool on Pokecheck's website to figure out if my ISP was blocking the DNS change and low and behold, it is. None of my 4th gen and 5th gen games will connect to pokecheck's server. They all reroute to the legitimate GTS Server instead.

Can anyone assist me in this? Why is my router blocking the DNS change suddenly? It hasn't done this before. I was able to hook up to Pokecheck a year ago with no issues. If it matters I'm using a different computer than before, I have a DELL Inspiron Laptop running Windows 8. Keep in mind I am not that computer literate; I didn't change any router settings for this to happen. Could anyone with expertise in this assist me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    This MIGHT be off topic and people probably don't look here anymore but heh, might as well post it here anyway, since the shoutbox on Pokecheck is down.

With the shut down of WiFi for the DS/Wii software imminent, I decided I needed to go back and re-obtain the TID/SID combos for all of my 4th/5th gen games. (I'm an idiot and didn't keep track of them). I am using one DS lite for this (I abuse most of my pokes on this DS). I have two internet connections at my house (One is a 4G home router from Verizon, it has a 30 GB data limit and is password encrypted. I'm fairly certain it's not compatible with my DS software. The second connection is the one I use for gaming. It's a Verizon 3G Unlimited USB router hooked up to a Cradlepoint WiFi modem. It is not encrypted. In the past I would use this connection to hook up to pokecheck.)

Long story short, I can't hook up to Pokecheck anymore. I ran the tool on Pokecheck's website to figure out if my ISP was blocking the DNS change and low and behold, it is. None of my 4th gen and 5th gen games will connect to pokecheck's server. They all reroute to the legitimate GTS Server instead.

Can anyone assist me in this? Why is my router blocking the DNS change suddenly? It hasn't done this before. I was able to hook up to Pokecheck a year ago with no issues. If it matters I'm using a different computer than before, I have a DELL Inspiron Laptop running Windows 8. Keep in mind I am not that computer literate; I didn't change any router settings for this to happen. Could anyone with expertise in this assist me?
    If the DNS is being auto directed to the actual GTS it is your ISP, not the router or computer. There is no fix for that since it is set by your ISP. You can try a friends house, public wi-fi (which is usually hit-or-miss, mostly miss from what I hear), change ISPs, or try calling and complaining. Aside from that though, there is nothing you can do when the issue is with the policy of your ISP.

Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287 LastLast