Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287
Results 7,151 to 7,153 of 7153

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Kyurem in B/W2 is a bit difficult since there is some random PID advancements in its cave (this is not the case in B/W though). If you get the right IVs but wrong nature and it isn't shiny, then that is the problem here. You will have to check your shifted starting frame first, and when you know it, you need to do the right amount of advancements the next time you try. If you instead are getting the wrong IVs, then you have just hit the wrong Timer0 which is very common but has no real solution other than trying again.
    Ah, I see, I wasn't accounting for that, as for the timer0, I was hitting somewhere between 1104-1108 though this is the likely case because I wasn't accounting for that advancement, however I think I did hit the frame I wanted twice as I got a jolly kyurem that often scatters things twice, but due to not realizing that PID advancement I wouldn't have been able to correctly reproduce that frame again which is why I got what I did after those multiple tries.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

After numerous attempts and failures, I finally managed to get my own shiny Uxie! It really proved to be a tricky one with all the NPCs running around in the city. I actually had to hit my timer0 and frame 3 times because I managed to knock it out with a critical hit twice.. Talk about bad luck, especially with such an annoying catch.

I also noticed something weird while RNG'ing the Uxie. I used two different seeds, first one with a shiny on frame 437 but wanted one with less frame advances so I found another one which had a shiny on frame 201. I managed to get the first shiny before changing to the other seed, doing nothing out of ordinary and simply stopping the frame advances 1 before my target frame. On the second seed though, when I did this I never got a shiny when I did exactly the same thing. Propably the NPCs advancing the frame between closing the menu and talking to Uxie. So I tried again, still stopping 1 frame before my target and again, no shiny. 3rd and 4th times I tried stopping one or two frames earlier but still had no luck. Finally I gave up and went back to using the first seed, and voila, got a shiny Uxie (which I then also knocked out) very soon by once again by stopping one frame before the target frame. Third time's the charm though, finally caught the shiny pixie after a long fight.

All of this made me think that the NPCs might not be all that random. They acted very consistently on the first seed, always advancing the starting frame by 31 and never after the advances, and also on the second one since they always advanced the starting frame by 30 and always after the advances as well. Or, maybe I was just lucky. Knowing this might help someone else in the future though so I thought I'd write it down.

Uxie *, Modest, Luxury Ball
    31/21/31/31/31/31
    lv 65, UT
    Click the banner to visit my trade shop!
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!
    | Pokemon X fc: 2723 9807 1974 | IGN MokKish |

| CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A TRUSTWORTHY CLONER! PM ME! |

Quote Originally Posted by MokKish View Post
    After numerous attempts and failures, I finally managed to get my own shiny Uxie! It really proved to be a tricky one with all the NPCs running around in the city. I actually had to hit my timer0 and frame 3 times because I managed to knock it out with a critical hit twice.. Talk about bad luck, especially with such an annoying catch.

I also noticed something weird while RNG'ing the Uxie. I used two different seeds, first one with a shiny on frame 437 but wanted one with less frame advances so I found another one which had a shiny on frame 201. I managed to get the first shiny before changing to the other seed, doing nothing out of ordinary and simply stopping the frame advances 1 before my target frame. On the second seed though, when I did this I never got a shiny when I did exactly the same thing. Propably the NPCs advancing the frame between closing the menu and talking to Uxie. So I tried again, still stopping 1 frame before my target and again, no shiny. 3rd and 4th times I tried stopping one or two frames earlier but still had no luck. Finally I gave up and went back to using the first seed, and voila, got a shiny Uxie (which I then also knocked out) very soon by once again by stopping one frame before the target frame. Third time's the charm though, finally caught the shiny pixie after a long fight.

All of this made me think that the NPCs might not be all that random. They acted very consistently on the first seed, always advancing the starting frame by 31 and never after the advances, and also on the second one since they always advanced the starting frame by 30 and always after the advances as well. Or, maybe I was just lucky. Knowing this might help someone else in the future though so I thought I'd write it down.

Uxie *, Modest, Luxury Ball
    31/21/31/31/31/31
    lv 65, UT

was this black and white 2 or dpp? either way that shiny looks nice good job. I am having a same problem with my bw2 actually im trying to rng cress which i can't hit the frame at all for it being shiny or the right hp spread. I have no problem with events in that game just the stationaries are giving me trouble. I just think it has to do one the NPC and on top of it some searches i have trouble and then use another and i get it but that applies to black and white rng breeding.
    Last edited by FairyWitch; Today at 8:27 PM.

Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287