Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286
Results 7,126 to 7,137 of 7137

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    If the DNS is being auto directed to the actual GTS it is your ISP, not the router or computer. There is no fix for that since it is set by your ISP. You can try a friends house, public wi-fi (which is usually hit-or-miss, mostly miss from what I hear), change ISPs, or try calling and complaining. Aside from that though, there is nothing you can do when the issue is with the policy of your ISP.
    So it's Verizon's issue? This is odd since I had no problems with this a year ago, and I was using the same connection I am using now.
    Thanks for the help Dewey. I'll look into my other options.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

#374 Beldum | NN: Collosus | Gender: Genderless
    OT: Tarro| ID: 24925
    Adamant | Hatched: 10/22/2013 | Skyarrow Bridge
    Type:Steel Psychic | Ability: Clear Body
    Take Down
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31

Decided to try RNGing again after a VERY long break. I think it turned out pretty good for not having done it for a while. Hope to do more since it is so much more handy with PPRNG for iOS.
    Last edited by Tarro57; 1st April 2014 at 2:42 AM.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

So I have 4 flawless eggs on my Y version. Anyone want to help me find their shiny values?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Not sure if this thread is still active or if there's another thread somewhere, but here goes anyway:

I'm new to gen 5 rng (I have White 2). I did manage to succesfully rng a 5iv shiny Virizion so I know I'm doing something right. Since then I've been trying to rng terrakion and cobalion with no luck. I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find an answer to.

1. I know there are multiple Timer0's in BW2. In theory, can I rng with any of them since it's kinda random which one is chosen, or do I have to use a spesific one? I caught Virizion with the first Timer0 the program found for me, but I've noticed I keep hitting another one more often.

2. The seed I found would give me a jolly 31/31/31/0/31/31 stationary and only requires 3 frame advancements for a shiny. I've hit the seed multiple times but didn't get a shiny after the advances. Are the wandering NPCs affecting the frame on these routes (22 and 13) so that it's impossible to get a shiny with that seed and so few frame asvances? Should I use another seed? Also, is there a list somewhere for routes / areas with no WNPCs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is all still very confusing for me.
    Click the banner to visit my trade shop!
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!
    | Pokemon X fc: 2723 9807 1974 | IGN MokKish |

Hatched my first ever (intentional) MM shiny!

| Brave nature | Swarm ability |
    | 31/31/31/x/31/0 |
    Perfect for Trick Room terror

Quote Originally Posted by MokKish View Post
    Not sure if this thread is still active or if there's another thread somewhere, but here goes anyway:

I'm new to gen 5 rng (I have White 2). I did manage to succesfully rng a 5iv shiny Virizion so I know I'm doing something right. Since then I've been trying to rng terrakion and cobalion with no luck. I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find an answer to.

1. I know there are multiple Timer0's in BW2. In theory, can I rng with any of them since it's kinda random which one is chosen, or do I have to use a spesific one? I caught Virizion with the first Timer0 the program found for me, but I've noticed I keep hitting another one more often.

2. The seed I found would give me a jolly 31/31/31/0/31/31 stationary and only requires 3 frame advancements for a shiny. I've hit the seed multiple times but didn't get a shiny after the advances. Are the wandering NPCs affecting the frame on these routes (22 and 13) so that it's impossible to get a shiny with that seed and so few frame asvances? Should I use another seed? Also, is there a list somewhere for routes / areas with no WNPCs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is all still very confusing for me.
    The Timer0 value fluctuates but there should be a value that is more common than the others. IT is best to find the value that is most common and just stick to that. You can use any Timer0 value that shows up, yes, but it may take forever to hit one of the less common values. Calibrate ~20 times and see what value is most common and use that. For my Black 2 on a DS Lite I use 1104-1106 for my Timer0 range as 1104 and 1106 are the 2 most common values for me. I have even successfully used 1105 on 2 occasions, but I ttry to avoid that value because it doesn't show up as often.

As for the NPCs, yes, they will advance the PIDRNG. If you're aiming for a PIDRNG frame 3 frames after the starting frame then the NPCs in the area will make it impossible for you to hit that frame. You'll need a frame farther in.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    The Timer0 value fluctuates but there should be a value that is more common than the others. IT is best to find the value that is most common and just stick to that. You can use any Timer0 value that shows up, yes, but it may take forever to hit one of the less common values. Calibrate ~20 times and see what value is most common and use that. For my Black 2 on a DS Lite I use 1104-1106 for my Timer0 range as 1104 and 1106 are the 2 most common values for me. I have even successfully used 1105 on 2 occasions, but I ttry to avoid that value because it doesn't show up as often.

As for the NPCs, yes, they will advance the PIDRNG. If you're aiming for a PIDRNG frame 3 frames after the starting frame then the NPCs in the area will make it impossible for you to hit that frame. You'll need a frame farther in.
    Thanks, that helped a lot. I already figured I should use another seed with a further frame but wanted to be sure first because 3 advances looks ao perfect on paper. I should be able to use that seed on a map with no WNPCs though, right?

I'll try to find another seed with other Timer0. I already know my most common one so I'll go with that now. I'll post/update if and when I get results.

Just a few more things:
    Is there some sort of average on how much NPCs affect the frame? E.g. should I pick a seed with at least 50 frame advancements to be sure I won't accidentally end up too far?
    And lastly, when do the NPCs advance the frame? As soon as I enter the game, after I've listened to Chatots, both, or is it just random? What I mean is that if my target is frame 70, is it possible that I'd need to stop already somewhere far before 69 to actually end up in 70. Hope you understand what I mean.

Edit: Just caught perfect shiny Terrakion! The target frame was 179 and I advances 'till 178 as usual. Frames started about 5 later than RNG reporter said they would but that's just the NPCs then. Guess that answers everything I wanted to know then. Thanks once more for your help.
    Last edited by MokKish; 15th April 2014 at 9:49 PM.
    Click the banner to visit my trade shop!
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!
    | Pokemon X fc: 2723 9807 1974 | IGN MokKish |

Hatched my first ever (intentional) MM shiny!

| Brave nature | Swarm ability |
    | 31/31/31/x/31/0 |
    Perfect for Trick Room terror

You should have no problem using a seed with 3 advances in an area with no NPCs.

As for how many frames the NPCs will advance, there is no set number. If there is only 1 NPC in the area it won't be too far off from what RNGR tells you, but when there are multiple NPCs it can get pretty out of hand (B/W2 Uxie gave a lot of people hell). The NPCs can advance the frame both before you pull up the start menu and after you close it. So long as you are quick about closing the menu and starting the battle you shouldn't have any issues (though the occasional fast moving NPCs can still throw things off), but if you take to long to start the battle, or sweet scent, then the NPCs will keep doing there thing.

Congrats on the successful RNG though! Personally, I think shiny Terrakion is a sexy beast

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Hey I'm new to RNG'ing in Gen5 I've got my SID/TID already etc etc. Anyways during calibration I did 10 tries and got these results
    10F2
    10F6
    10F3
    10F4
    10F4
    10F5
    10F2
    10F5
    10F2
    10F4
    10F2
    10F4
    As you can see I got both 10F2 3 times and 10F4 4 times.
    Now I'm trying to Catch a Shiny Virizon(Got my seed and everything already) But I've caught it about 15 times with these results
    10F3
    10F3
    10F3
    10F6
    10F5
    10F2
    10F3
    10F3
    10F2
    Then I stopped keeping track but F2's F3's F5 and F6's came up, no F4's. Why the hell am I getting all these 10F2's and 10F3's now? I'm thinking of recalibrating to 10F2 or 10F3 since 10F2 came up a few times during initial calibration but 10F3 did not, now it is? Whaaaat? Whyyyy? Why 10F4 most common there yet not now? Am I doing something wrong? And is there a way to limit the Timer0's so that they're more likely to hit the one I want?

Quote Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
    Hey I'm new to RNG'ing in Gen5 I've got my SID/TID already etc etc. Anyways during calibration I did 10 tries and got these results
    10F2
    10F6
    10F3
    10F4
    10F4
    10F5
    10F2
    10F5
    10F2
    10F4
    10F2
    10F4
    As you can see I got both 10F2 3 times and 10F4 4 times.
    Now I'm trying to Catch a Shiny Virizon(Got my seed and everything already) But I've caught it about 15 times with these results
    10F3
    10F3
    10F3
    10F6
    10F5
    10F2
    10F3
    10F3
    10F2
    Then I stopped keeping track but F2's F3's F5 and F6's came up, no F4's. Why the hell am I getting all these 10F2's and 10F3's now? I'm thinking of recalibrating to 10F2 or 10F3 since 10F2 came up a few times during initial calibration but 10F3 did not, now it is? Whaaaat? Whyyyy? Why 10F4 most common there yet not now? Am I doing something wrong? And is there a way to limit the Timer0's so that they're more likely to hit the one I want?
    Yeah, B/W2 RNGing is terrible when it comes to Timer0 fluctuation. If F2 or F3 is coming up more often, switch your setting in RNGr to that value and try to find a seed with that Timer0. It will change a lot, but you should be able to narrow it down to a range. For my Black 2 with a DS Lite I set my Timer0 range to 1104-1106. I find those two values appear enough that I can use them without going crazy, ut I still get other values a lot. The only real thing you can do is to keep trying. Also, keep calibrating with Virizion to see if you can spot the values that are most common. I did the same thing when I first calibrated for Black 2, I found what I thought was my most common value, tried to RNG Terrakon, kept adjudicating the value until I finally found a working seed.

So, it appears they have shutdown the site that had all the encounter slots listed for Gen 3-5. Does anyone have backups of anything? I did manage to find a few but am missing a great deal. Looking especially for the Platinum old rod/good rod/super rod encounter slot list.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknight View Post
    So, it appears they have shutdown the site that had all the encounter slots listed for Gen 3-5. Does anyone have backups of anything? I did manage to find a few but am missing a great deal. Looking especially for the Platinum old rod/good rod/super rod encounter slot list.
    Hi Guys,

does anyone have the encounter tables for gen5 especially the hidden grotto encounters tables?
    I haven't rnged for quite some time and I don't have backups of these.

I'd really appreaciate it if someone could give me a link or send me some screenshots of those.

I guess I am not the only one with this problem, am I?

~Orn
    Last edited by Agdorn; 21st June 2014 at 3:07 PM.
    Pokémon Y GER

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknight View Post
    here's an Archived dropbox of encounter tables (by another member): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...25/slot345.zip (it's a download in csv/xls and htm format)

Quote Originally Posted by Agdorn View Post
    Hi Guys,

does anyone have the encounter tables for gen5 especially the hidden grotto encounters tables?
    I haven't rnged for quite some time and I don't have backups of these.

I'd really appreaciate it if someone could give me a link or send me some screenshots of those.

I guess I am not the only one with this problem, am I?

~Orn
    Here's the Hidden Grotto Tables (also by another member): http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/grotto.htm (also needs to be downloaded)

the eggmove . com links are off because the domain they're in is for sale
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 22nd June 2014 at 1:32 AM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51
    Pokemon Y Shiny Value: 2256

Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286