Page 5 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 7144

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by othinlol View Post
    so anyone have any idea on the progress of fixing rng'ing so that it's fair. the limit to ds/ds lite makes this seem like cheating.
    This is because the device needed to "break the code" (so-to-speak) for DSi/3DS costs a few thousand dollars, and the people who developed RNG reporter don't see the point in spending that kind of money. Sorry to break the news to you, but I doubt it's going to happen soon, if ever.
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Thanks Metagross-! It wasn't the one on the frame I wanted so I did to less Chatots since I hit 75 when I wanted 73.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

    3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

    English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Guess its time to try my first PIDRNG. Was going to aim for either a Shiny Volcorana/Axew but I guess i'm going to have to recapture a Litwick =(. I thought Basculin only gave 1speed EV not 2. Therefore I have 255, not 252 Speed on It. =(

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    This is because the device needed to "break the code" (so-to-speak) for DSi/3DS costs a few thousand dollars, and the people who developed RNG reporter don't see the point in spending that kind of money. Sorry to break the news to you, but I doubt it's going to happen soon, if ever.
    We could all chip in to do it.

    Technically.
    smogon could perform a fundraiser to decode the 3DS. that would be spectacular.
    oopsie

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Guess its time to try my first PIDRNG. Was going to aim for either a Shiny Volcorana/Axew but I guess i'm going to have to recapture a Litwick =(. I thought Basculin only gave 1speed EV not 2. Therefore I have 255, not 252 Speed on It. =(
    I can get you a speed EV reducing berry...use the FC in my sig. When can you trade?
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerpFloon0089 View Post
    Thanks but once I start something, I like to finish it but I'll try standard seed once I succeed at this one.
    But I'm guessing I'm out of luck since Soft Reset is broken for me?
    No. Instead of starting up the game before the first timer ends just wait at the DS menu for the first timer to end then press A to start up the game as soon as the first timer ends. Get to the "Continue" screen, click on continue, say no when it ask if you want to launch c-gear communications then yes to the warning message. Click on the c-gear button so the yes/no option comes up. When the second timer ends click yes. After this do any frame advancements (if necessary) and sweet scent or interact with your target.

    If your targets IVs are wrong check them and search for them in seed to times. I assume you can figure out the search/seed to times from the videos but if you can't let me know.

    EDIT: I'm not really sure why you're determined to learn the c-gear method. It's only useful for male only entralink (DW) Pokemon. Standard (non c-gear) outclasses it in everything else.
    EDIT2: Also if you're using an older guide, c-gear seeds now start on frame 1 meaning you can now hit spreads on frame 1 and 2 and for IV advancement frame 1 is your starting frame. That's where you're advancing from.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 5th August 2011 at 12:30 AM.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    No. Instead of starting up the game before the first timer ends just wait at the DS menu for the first timer to end then press A to start up the game as soon as the first timer ends. Get to the "Continue" screen, click on continue, say no when it ask if you want to launch c-gear communications then yes to the warning message. Click on the c-gear button so the yes/no option comes up. When the second timer ends click yes. After this do any frame advancements (if necessary) and sweet scent or interact with your target.

    If your targets IVs are wrong check them and search for them in seed to times. I assume you can figure out the search/seed to times from the videos but if you can't let me know.

    EDIT: I'm not really sure why you're determined to learn the c-gear method. It's only useful for male only entralink (DW) Pokemon. Standard (non c-gear) outclasses it in everything else.
    EDIT2: Also if you're using an older guide, c-gear seeds now start on frame 1 meaning you can now hit spreads on frame 1 and 2 and for IV advancement frame 1 is your starting frame. That's where you're advancing from.
    nah its not determination, its just stubbornness, just don't like things unfinished.I also like to learn the primitive stuff and an understanding of why its obsolete. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm going to let the information soak in and try again later.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4899-5440-5064

    WANTED:
    nothing( for now....)
    My Shinies:
        Spoiler:- shinies:

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hidden Hollow Dweller
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Ok guys I updated the main post with a slightly better formatting to avoid the "text brick syndrome" it had, added Jolteons magnificent FAQ, and added in encounter tables under advanced knowledge for quick reference without opening reporter. Any helpful ideas or formatting suggestions are very welcome. Just leave me a VM with whatever you think needs to be changed. Thanks everyone!


    EDIT: Please keep in mind Im trying to avoid spoiler tags but if you think it will help Ill try to remember how to use them efficiently lol... havent used them in years.
    Last edited by NoDice; 5th August 2011 at 1:05 AM.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Top of The Food Web
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    This is because the device needed to "break the code" (so-to-speak) for DSi/3DS costs a few thousand dollars, and the people who developed RNG reporter don't see the point in spending that kind of money. Sorry to break the news to you, but I doubt it's going to happen soon, if ever.
    That's disappointing. ._.
    ..I'm really glad I have a DS Lite. ^__^

    Nice job on this thread, guys. It's nice to finally have all the info all nice and collected in the first few posts for quick reference.
    Dang, this thread has gotten big in a very short amount of time. o.0

    As for me, I've just been doing 4th gen. RNG requests lately... Is this still just a 5th gen. thread, or can I talk baout 4th gen. stuff?
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

    Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

    I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

    2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    58

    Default

        Spoiler:- Pic:


    Ok, so whe I'm trying to recalibrate, I get exact IVs, but RNG Reporter doesn't come up with anything. Any help appreciated.
    EDIT:This is in B/W So probaly mostly 5th gen..
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

    I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    899

    Default

    *GROAN* I just spent an hour trying to RNG a shiny adamant Rufflet. And it didn't show. Walked 640 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance my IV frame to 26 (because you start out at 1, right?) And then I did 297 chatot views. I counted when I first opened the summary screen as one, or is it only when you flip them? Do I need to start a second earlier? My time that I have to start at is 3:27:10, so I always set my clock to 3:26 and then wait a minute and ten seconds before I start the game with my keypress (A+L+X). What do I do? It actually is pretty easy to do, but I think I may have screwed up a step.

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
        Spoiler:- Pic:


    Ok, so whe I'm trying to recalibrate, I get exact IVs, but RNG Reporter doesn't come up with anything. Any help appreciated.
    EDIT:This is in B/W So probaly mostly 5th gen..
    Don't know how you're finding exact IVs but you don't need them. Victory road Pokemon is good enough. Just use the Pokedex-IV checker. It will say something like HP:12-14 which means for min HP should be 12 and max HP should be 14 in the parameter finder.

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    *GROAN* I just spent an hour trying to RNG a shiny adamant Rufflet. And it didn't show. Walked 640 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance my IV frame to 26 (because you start out at 1, right?) And then I did 297 chatot views. I counted when I first opened the summary screen as one, or is it only when you flip them? Do I need to start a second earlier? My time that I have to start at is 3:27:10, so I always set my clock to 3:26 and then wait a minute and ten seconds before I start the game with my keypress (A+L+X). What do I do? It actually is pretty easy to do, but I think I may have screwed up a step.
    yeah, you have to start one second earlier because the game takes a second to load. And, opening the summary screen counts as one advance.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  14. #114

    Default

    So....first post in new thread, asking another question. I think I have it down, but I'm running into a problem. I have a IV frame of one a starting PID frame of 49, and i need to get my PID to 53 for the flawless encounter slot I want. (3)

    so i load up my game do the button presses, load game, mash X, open up my menu, see my chatots menu 4 times, and sweet scent. I didnt get the mon im looking for, and its not flawless either. help?
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037


    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    yeah, you have to start one second earlier because the game takes a second to load. And, opening the summary screen counts as one advance.
    Phew. Okay. Good to know. Now Ima get me mah Rufflet! Thanks so much!

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    *GROAN* I just spent an hour trying to RNG a shiny adamant Rufflet. And it didn't show. Walked 640 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance my IV frame to 26 (because you start out at 1, right?) And then I did 297 chatot views. I counted when I first opened the summary screen as one, or is it only when you flip them? Do I need to start a second earlier? My time that I have to start at is 3:27:10, so I always set my clock to 3:26 and then wait a minute and ten seconds before I start the game with my keypress (A+L+X). What do I do? It actually is pretty easy to do, but I think I may have screwed up a step.
    You are not going to get shiny via walking especially not via walking 640 step. Sorry to crush your hopes but you really should stick to frame 1 for Ivs if you're going for shinies. In fact you should stick to frame 1 most (if not all) of the time.
    Controlling the PIDRNG is much more difficult for higher IV frames.

    If for some reason you want to torture yourself, the approximation for walking is Current Frame=Initial Frame + 2.1*Steps + 2 * Turns

    That is with no Pokemon in the daycare and in an area with no NPCs.

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnighted View Post
    So....first post in new thread, asking another question. I think I have it down, but I'm running into a problem. I have a IV frame of one a starting PID frame of 49, and i need to get my PID to 53 for the flawless encounter slot I want. (3)

    so i load up my game do the button presses, load game, mash X, open up my menu, see my chatots menu 4 times, and sweet scent. I didnt get the mon im looking for, and its not flawless either. help?
    Does your Pokemon have the IVs you want? Are you in an area with no NPCs? If the first one is yes, then you're hitting your seed, but not hitting the right PID frame. If the second is yes, then you're going to need a higher PID frame.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Don't know how you're finding exact IVs but you don't need them. Victory road Pokemon is good enough. Just use the Pokedex-IV checker. It will say something like HP:12-14 which means for min HP should be 12 and max HP should be 14 in the parameter finder.
    I used rare candies and MetaKids IV checker, I tried with the Min/Max, still no results. Any ideas?
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

    I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

  19. #119

    Default

    not hitting the seed either. i'll tell u what i do when i start the game. my time is 20:56:23
    so i start the game at 22 seconds, wait till the pokemon company comes up, do my key presses, Y+Right then press A when the star comes up, and then start up the game no c-gear go into my menu, do the chatot advances. what am i doing wrong?
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037


    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  20. #120

    Default

    and metagross use pokecheck.org, it gives you the exact IVs.
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037


    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  21. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnighted View Post
    not hitting the seed either. i'll tell u what i do when i start the game. my time is 20:56:23
    so i start the game at 22 seconds, wait till the pokemon company comes up, do my key presses, Y+Right then press A when the star comes up, and then start up the game no c-gear go into my menu, do the chatot advances. what am i doing wrong?
    You do your keypresses when the Pokemon Company thing comes up? Because that would be the problem. As soon as you press A to load the game, you need to do your keypresses, and then hold them til the star comes up.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
    I used rare candies and MetaKids IV checker, I tried with the Min/Max, still no results. Any ideas?
    Check your MAC address again (from the WFC settings). Make sure you got it correct.
    Are you sweet scenting high level Pokemon? Victory road is a good place to catch fairly high level Pokemon.
    Make sure the date/time you enter into RNG reporter is the same date/time you started up the game at from the DS menu (clock screen). Watch the seconds hand on the DS clock to get the correct second.
    Make sure you say no when the game asks you if you want to turn on the c-gear.
    Use the pokedex-IV checker in RNG reporter to check the IVs of your sweet scented Pokemon.

    Remember no DSi/3DS/flashcard/emulators. That's all the standard stuff.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Top of The Food Web
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    You are not going to get shiny via walking especially not via walking 640 step. Sorry to crush your hopes but you really should stick to frame 1 for Ivs if you're going for shinies. In fact you should stick to frame 1 most (if not all) of the time.
    Controlling the PIDRNG is much more difficult for higher IV frames.

    If for some reason you want to torture yourself, the approximation for walking is Current Frame=Initial Frame + 2.1*Steps + 2 * Turns

    That is with no Pokemon in the daycare and in an area with no NPCs.
    I explained this a page or so ago.. Guess she didn't see it. =/
    ^But yeah, this.

    EDIT: My bad, it was in the Club thread, not this one. Still. xD
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...2&postcount=86
    Last edited by cannibaleyes; 5th August 2011 at 4:20 AM.
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

    Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

    I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

    2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    899

    Default

    It didn't work. Again. I don't know why. Non-shiny, impish rufflet. Ug.

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    It didn't work. Again. I don't know why. Non-shiny, impish rufflet. Ug.
    Seriously. Use a frame 1 seed. You definitely seem to know what you're doing, but you're making it insanely difficult on yourself by trying to go for crazy things on your first try.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Page 5 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •