Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 7143

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

#149 Dragonite
    OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
    Nature: Adamant | Ability: Multiscale | Type: Dragon/Flying
    Hatch Location: Dragonspiral Tower | Hidden Power: Dark 59
    Moves: Outrage | Fire Punch | Waterfall | Extremespeed
    IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31

I'm also working on a Modest one at the moment, with 31 IVs in Special Attack instead of Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Dragonite only appears if you fish in the rippling spots, not in regular water.
    Hmm, but you can't swim on the water there can you? If thats the case I'd rather just try the egg breeding and get a dratini.

I was just interested in catching a dragonite is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Also just to let you know if you didn't the PID frame won't start at 1
    Which is why is said "after finding my starting frame". I know what you're getting at though, it seems like many people screw that up.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post

#149 Dragonite
    OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
    Nature: Adamant | Ability: Multiscale | Type: Dragon/Flying
    Hatch Location: Dragonspiral Tower | Hidden Power: Dark 59
    Moves: Outrage | Fire Punch | Waterfall | Extremespeed
    IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31

I'm also working on a Modest one at the moment, with 31 IVs in Special Attack instead of Attack.
    Nice Job, Speed. That's a pokemon on my RNG to do list

Hmm, but you can't swim on the water there can you? If thats the case I'd rather just try the egg breeding and get a dratini.

I was just interested in catching a dragonite is all.
    You can swim. On the right side of the bridge of the tower there is an entrance where you can swim. There's even some trainers to battle.
    Last edited by TDawg; 2nd October 2011 at 5:43 PM.

You can swim. On the right side of the bridge of the tower there is an entrance where you can swim. There's even some trainers to battle.
    Ah yes, I just checked it out after I asked, and I can't say I ever knew about it! I just never seen the header on the encounter table that says- fish, fish(bubbling), etc.

Even so, do you, or anyone else know how they are seperated beyond that. Like how slot four has basculin(m+f), dragonair, and dragonite?

What exactly do you mean? Like what encounter slot it is?

I know what -Raiga- means. I've had the same problem. Scroll down to the water-related encounters section on this page. At Striaton City, there are five encounter slots, but each contains four different Pokémon. How are we supposed to know which will appear in Slot 0, for example?

Oh... I think I've got it. Is the first Pokémon encountered by surfing, the second by surfing into a ripple, the third by fishing, and so on?

Oh yeah Speed you got it. So it would be shaking fish spot encounter slot 4 for a Dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I know what -Raiga- means. I've had the same problem. Scroll down to the water-related encounters section on this page. At Striaton City, there are five encounter slots, but each contains four different Pokémon. How are we supposed to know which will appear in Slot 0, for example?

Oh... I think I've got it. Is the first Pokémon encountered by surfing, the second by surfing into a ripple, the third by fishing, and so on?
    Yes. That's what the header means.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Right, well that would be have been very useful earlier on. xD

What do I need to know about the wondercard RNG? I am finally going to RNG the Snarl Zoroark

What do I need to know about the wondercard RNG? I am finally going to RNG the Snarl Zoroark
    after making it much harder then it was when i tried to RNG Zoroark, i can confidently say its pretty easy to RNG a wondercard. just select 5th Gen wonder card in the main RNG reporter, then under the capture tab select 5th gen wonder card again. choose the IV spread you want and find the seed. Its a simple PIDRNG (which means your min frame should be around 50) so have a chatot (or 2, i prefer 2) with a recorded chatter and then just RNG it like you would an egg. load the game at the right time and view the right number of chatot summaries. and that should be all there is to it
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Been a while.

Spoiler:- Enter at your own risk:

...Yeah this took forever to post properly.

if RNG reporter says there is a keypress involved, that means you just hit the key after loading the gamer right? you dont need to hold it or anything, just hit it before the white Nintendo screen pops up right?

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    if RNG reporter says there is a keypress involved, that means you just hit the key after loading the gamer right? you dont need to hold it or anything, just hit it before the white Nintendo screen pops up right?
    No, you do need to hold it/them (not just press and then release) until the Nintendo logo appears.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    No, you do need to hold it/them (not just press and then release) until the Nintendo logo appears.
    o, so you load the game and immediately press and hold the buttons until the nintendo logo appears? ok, thanks

Ok so I've managed to RNG Stationary legends, Wild pokemon, and wild shinys but I can't figure out how to RNG Duckletts on the bridge? I know its easier to breed but I really want to RNG a shiny Ducklett off the driftveil bridge. How would I go about doing this? do I save in front of spot or do I just hope one appears? I'm kind of lost. Any help would be appreciated!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4313-0952-1481
    Safari Type Ice: Snover, Sneasel, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Valei View Post
    Ok so I've managed to RNG Stationary legends, Wild pokemon, and wild shinys but I can't figure out how to RNG Duckletts on the bridge? I know its easier to breed but I really want to RNG a shiny Ducklett off the driftveil bridge. How would I go about doing this? do I save in front of spot or do I just hope one appears? I'm kind of lost. Any help would be appreciated!
    Trying to RNG a Ducklett is the same as trying to RNG a dust cloud; you can't predict where the spot will appear and you can't predict whether an item will show up instead. I don't know if there are random NPCs on that bridge, but that would only complicate things. The IV frame is the same as any other encounter, but the PID is very problematic. If you really want to go through with it, your best bet is to find a seed with a fairly high shiny frame (100+? Steps on the bridge don't advance the PID as fast as a cave so that helps at least) and pray that a spot appears.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/24c61j7.png[/IMG]

Click above to visit my shop! Thanks to PKMNRookie for the userbar!

Black FC: 5286 2630 4542

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Trying to RNG a Ducklett is the same as trying to RNG a dust cloud; you can't predict where the spot will appear and you can't predict whether an item will show up instead. I don't know if there are random NPCs on that bridge, but that would only complicate things. The IV frame is the same as any other encounter, but the PID is very problematic. If you really want to go through with it, your best bet is to find a seed with a fairly high shiny frame (100+? Steps on the bridge don't advance the PID as fast as a cave so that helps at least) and pray that a spot appears.
    In other words... Just breed the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Yes. That's what the header means.
    I was thinking this may be the case, but I read it as Encounter slot 0 was normal surfing, encounter slot 1 was fishing, etc. Now I get it though, thanks guys!

And I finally got my sid, so hopefully I can move up to shinies when I get the time.

WTH. Why does everytime I try to RNG my EVENT11 Zoroark I get a Quirky Nature? Is it set to that or something? Because I will always get that nature no matter what. Some help please???

WTH. Why does everytime I try to RNG my EVENT11 Zoroark I get a Quirky Nature? Is it set to that or something? Because I will always get that nature no matter what. Some help please???
    Forced Quirky Nature.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Forced Quirky Nature.

Yep.
    Thanks for the info.

That really sucks. lol

i need help.... please PM me.....
    3DS fc: 1805 2440 0727

my safari is Poison-Toxicroak , Ariados , Gloom

pm me if you added me i will add you too

i'm trying to incorporate a keypress into my RNGing and its just not working out :/ i need to press the X button and i have tried several different varients. I tried hitting and holding the X button as soon as i hit A to load the game, i tried waiting until the main screen fades to white and then hitting and holding X and i tried hitting and hold X as soon as i hit A and then releasing and hitting and holding X again until the nintendo screen pops up. None of these methods has gotten me close to my seed. i have gotten consistent results (same nature, gender) but these results are no where near my target in my RNG reporter. I RNG eggs all the time and have no problem hitting my seed, but ive never tried hitting it with a keypress. Im not sure what is going wrong or exactly how the keypress works so can someone help me out? it might be possible that im just working with one of those annoying seeds that seems almost impossible to hit, but im just not sure :/

Dewey, you are first getting to the clock and pressing A when it gets to 1 second before the time on your seed?

When you press A at the clock, just bounce your finger from the A straight onto the X. Do it fairly quickly but there's no need to panic. Keep X pressed down until you see the Nintendo logo, then release and you're done.

Later, when you get around to doing more key-presses just practice the fingering first so your fingers know how to move and you don't have to think about it. (Musicians call this muscle memory.)

Spoiler:- Some of my hexa/penta-perfect RNG'd mons::

Page 51 of 286 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast